[KERNEL][ROM][MS2][09-06-2013]MS2Ginger 4 / 5 < Heavily Modified ROM>

Search This thread

-Danik-

Oct 10, 2012
Hello Guys.
Little History :D
I have the Milestone 2 about a year, and the User in xda for 2 days.
I Do like The CyanogenMod 10 and the JB AOKP but since they dont support fully HWA and 720p Rec i sticked to the MS2Ginger GB Rom, also games are slower , benchmarks lower , and with all the beauty of Cyanogen , something lacks there for people who want to squeeze the milestone 2, beacuse the only reason I sticked to GB is P-e-r-f-o-r-m-a-n-c-e!
The rom itself is fine but I wanted it to perform as fast as the Phone can.
Then , I Just Modified and upgraded it more and more, until it was too good to be not published here.
so , after 4 monthes of Customizations and , Moddings and Upgrades I Must Share this awesome rom.

<also Overclocked it the highest possible - over the whole internet couldnt find people who could push that far , but that's off topic)

So What happened to This Awesome rom since I Have it :

- CM Integrations for Android 2.3.7 <Kernel can be even 2.3.6 \ 2.3.4 thats OK>

- The Most usable feature for me is 720p Record on 30fps , using the stock version of Gingerbread does give the 720p but it's too laggy, so I used new M4V Encoders + 10Mbit (Better Quality , surprisingly didn't decreased FPS) + new Stills driver (related to video record because in the ms2g stock and in every BLUR rom it looks for the exposure in the stills camera .so files = In Short , Video is Smooth on 720p @30 FPS as it should be , and as it is written in GSMArena.

- New cool Theme <Look at pics> , New Bootanimation, Transformed from CoreDroid Theme pack.

- DSPManager with Custom libs , Ok , this is one of the better things that happened to the phone , dsp libs are now supporting 10hz Low Bass instead of 16hz (but 16 hz is still shown in app.) , Furthermore , neccessary for In-Ear users LPF Compensation fixed and the bass is tremondous <using good earphones of course>.

- OpenGL TextuereBulldoze libs included <can perform better with ChainFire>, useful due to the weak GPU power so it pushes the SGX 530 chip as further as possible.

- I/O Calculator libs Ported from Droid 2 Global - also gives some more performance.

- YouTube HD Version , yes,the new YouTube that was meant to be ICS / JB only is here (Version 4.1.23) , the older version supported HD but it cached really bad so it buffered alot , now it works better ( little buffer on 27 fps hd clips , but 24~25 fps hd clips are cached now easily using fast WiFI of course).

In Coclusion ,the ROM is Super in terms of performance and reliabilty, easily compensates for not having CM9\CM10\AOKP Roms.

Note: I Used a Customized Kernel which gives 1450mhz core clock (Compiled with Linaro 4.6) , although it is faster , it isnt very stable for daily use and has limitations like battery 0% or Full signal but its not all the time , anyways , I attached the latest boot image so you can use 2.3.6 latest kernel.

Note 2: I Recommend Using Latest GB Kernel and so i will attach it.

Enjoy ;)

Installation Guide for n00bs :D
1. Place the Folder in /sdcard/clockworkmod/backup <it's currently as Nandroid Backup , will be a ZIP as soon as i fix my custom kernel , beacuse I couldn't check the zip , Im pretty stuck on CWM 6 with this kernel.>
2. Boot to CWM based Recovery.
3. Restore the ROM.
4. Reboot , boot again to CWM but this time it'll be the new CWM 4 recovery from my rom! for a better allocation of /data (uses different mmcblk)
5. Now Wipe Data & Cache.
6. Enoy The ROM ,Hope you'll like it!.

------------------------------------------------
-------- MS2Ginger 5 *NEW* ----------

Download Section

09.06 - Download *NEW VERSION*
04.04 - Download

Read Changelog for full info

-----------------------------------------------
------------ Earlier Versions -----------
-NEW- Link for MS2G4 v2-
Download
New version , Linaro 4.7.2 code , should be faster.

-Link for 28.10 Version <A.k.a MS2G4 v1>
http://www.mediafire.com/?v55cosbkd5hfw7o -

-Latest GB Kernel-
http://www.mediafire.com/?get bt49a8pr6u3wbvu

-Stock Animation & Theme-
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/96160245/Stock%20theme_4MS2G.zip
-------------------------------------

Instructions For People who want to try Stock Animations & Theme flashable:
As requested , flashable for stock anims and theme.
1.Flash Zip
2.Wipe Dalvik Cache
3.Reboot <Now reboot will initially take longer to rebuild cache>
4.Tell me how it goes :)

ChangeLog:
------------------------------------
Earlier Versions <MS2G4>
11.10 - Boot Up
15.10 - Update Libs for usage on stock animation zip.
17.10 - Fix WiFi Channel 10 on 802.11g/n < Led to crash when trying to Ad-Hoc>
21.10 - Integrated RTL to Framework.
28.10 - Better Data Tethering speed <useful for some people who tether to use on a laptop>
07.11 - New ROM Improvements ,Faster I/O & Scheduler, Also Integrated SuperCharger v6 , Kick Ass Kernelizer for SIO and 3G SuperCharger.
08.11 - Full Support for Animations and other custom boot related stuff <possible due to removing CRC check from bootmenu>
11.11 - Faster OpenGL using updated glibs <average 3.1 FPS more>
17.11 - Final Wi-Fi fix <after lots of QC tests>
20.11 - Media Player fully integrated in Lockscreen, Finished Kernelizer improvements,NO thumbnail on gallery Fixed,STABLITY CHECK PASS.
27.11 - Camera app free focus , Fix navigate freely in UI while call is incoming <Without answering the call > , New,updated glibs <Defy+ port>.
06.12 - New bins for EGL ans SLES , new adb debug system < using adbd in CWM , for those who needed.>
13.12 - New Mass Storage Drivers , ROM now supporting UV using the new kernel only <better OC score>.
23.12 - Final fix of GLES <FINAL fix , the SGX530 can't do better than that!> , UVP<version needs the new kernel to OC - it relies on the UV>
01.01 - New VSEL Calc from Droid 2 <max undervolting of VSEL1 without call hangout on deep sleep>, JVM cache is 64mb instead of 16mb.
16.01 - ULV of new kernel supported fixed libs ,Linaro GCC tweaked <checks whether Custom kernel is installed or not , RAM economic>
25.01 - New calculator , even better than required stock , If I already messed with the I/O then let's use DROID X one for a test.
31.01 - Newest Camera stutter libs , DROID X new revision <should be better in CPU initializer like when you launch an app>
14.02 - Fixed Major issue caused severe lags using entropy change , Made some changes in KAK that caused minor issues and fixed batt.d.
21.02 - EntropyService feed extended on /dev/block/kpanic @ 8192.
09.03 - RAZR Camcorder lib for better Exposure and futuristic kernel updates. Added bootstrapper.sh partition master for faster boot on BL 3\4.
21.03 - Recovery repartition and bootloader verification killed - NEED IT ONLY FOR CWM6

--------------------------------
MS2G5 - New Versions
25.03 - Recompiled Version using the new GCC 4.8.0 , supports the latest custom kernel , 2nd-init version , compiler fixed BL 4 issues , future DWARF debugging , SmartAss2 experimental.
04.04 - New WiFi drivers for request , LTO Partitioning , Integrated ASan Tweaks for startup libs <read : Address Sanitizer> - BIG Thanks for GCC Team!
09.06 - ROM built from completely new, untouched Vivo Brasil - True MS2 fingerprints and kernel stamps , new YouTube HD , ASan Tweaks for GCC and sync to 4.8.1, Better scrolling <framework edit> , Fixed backlight , Fixed HW codec for built-in video player not showing 720p MP4 with more than 10Mbit
along with all previous tweaks made for MS2Ginger , works with all recoveries, wiped some not necessary system apps , new soundfx libs corrected loudness compensation and sound quality when using custom EQ on low hz - ROM is slim and nice.

Please Note: Flash using CWM 5 for fully supporting TAR <had some improvements on YAFFS image , not relevant anymore>
Link for BootMenu with CWM5 : http://www.mediafire.com/?i1rcie7tf4y6rmu

---
----- Custom Kernel Section-----
AUTHORIZED PERSONNEL ONLY! DO NOT CROSS :D

--Based on Stock 2.3.6 Nov11--

8.1 - New Kernel with Alot more Features:
- Custom UVP
- Extremely ULV on 300/11~15 - Battery BEST Friend , But depends on how good your piece is.
- New Deep Sleep Tweak from G71 <unlike previous release , now supports Wi-Fi , Data and Bluetooth services kill on sleep>
- Dalvik cache split file <Acts like Page File when RAM is less than 15% available>
- zRAM Swap 24% <pre-applied>
- USB Debug root access <good for ADB users>
- 70.13 Bootloader Semi Unlocked.
- Kernel Image is zImage OR BootINI with CRC check disabled with IF condition - if it can't boot , the condition will continue to BootINI.
- VSEL3 for Short Initial Demand tweaked if used in 800mhz you can now get below 800/44 <Experiment on Voltage multimeter>

Link : http://www.mediafire.com/?hdv8c3a2fhj5brr

---
07.02 - Linaro based , Whole new kernel <Rev4>:
- ULV as always.
- New CPU 4th HW level <as known as VSEL4> , only when processor reaches 75% of intensity.
- ARM topology support (SCHED_MC)
- Stable 5 Point multi touch drivers.
- Multi hub , supporting any GB.
- 100% stock kernel info fake!! <install using sbf must proceed>.
- New Modem driver for MS2 <can use data tethering via USB built in func.>
- Customized Display Driver <can use up to 9999 dpi hack, upscale 1080p videos and game higher resolutions NOT ALWAYS WORKING >.
- GPU Undervolt NOT STABLE FOR ANYONE ,use terminal emulator with su permissions and use "set min_lv_gpu 97280 /dev/block/stl1".
- Lossless Kernel Image for fast decompressing.
- New Data partition <mmcblk shortcut for original location> , after DATA wipe , new partition will be active.
- NO COMPILER OPTIMIZATIONS , I Just used linaro for its ability to navigate easily on 15 different hardware C++ files.

Link : http://www.mediafire.com/?cn3b1z76fk59bqk
---
16.04 - New stuffed kernel! <Rev5>
- Added VSEL1 Custom code** for better battery <read info>.
- Added ril on ramdisk so any older GB based roms have baseband supported <CM7 , MIUI GB , and also CM9 runs on GB>.
- Changed to gZip compression for ramdisk , had Loseless on previous release but it caused Code Corrupt if using BL 4.
- Fix BL =4 users updating cdt.bin after flash. <This is for me ,not really important , just a fake signature>
- 1400Mhz Core limitation on this release <want to make sure people don't destroy their device>.
- Added NTFS Module UPDATE 18/04 - Unstable , use ext3/4.

Link : http://www.mediafire.com/?ihvdwmfwd89pljv - Fixed

---
16.05 - New Revision! <Rev6>.
- New ril from vivo brasil , fixing MMS and BT Mac address 00;00;00;00 for BL=4
- Kernel running JIT enabled , experimental.
- Kernel is BL =4 , which means if you're BL 3 and want to keep it on 3 , flash UpgradePreventer before the kernel.

Link : http://www.mediafire.com/?116s024d2k76mjx
-------------------
**Custom code for voltage management on VSEL1 : when in Deep Sleep for more than 10 minutes device goes 150/6 , VSEL1 backs to normal 300Mhz <unless configured differently> before screen lights up or a call ringing.
:)

Credits:
walther79 for initial MS2Ginger! , for MS2Ginger 5 which he called for 2nd-boot , I recompiled it and use for normal mode as for the custom HW kernel, the 5th version is similar to 4 , but I brand it as No. 5 for new GCC 4.8.0 of March 2013.
santiemanuel for CWM 4 <new recovery , although i use cwm6 , it is more stable to use version 4 for its great compatibilty>

Attachments

• 2012.10.11-11.46.36.jpg
    2012.10.11-11.46.36.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 6,686
  • 2012.10.11-11.48.32.jpeg
    2012.10.11-11.48.32.jpeg
    99.4 KB · Views: 5,726
  • 2012.10.11-13.07.57.jpeg
    2012.10.11-13.07.57.jpeg
    114.2 KB · Views: 5,416
  • 2012.10.11-12.19.00.jpeg
    2012.10.11-12.19.00.jpeg
    178.8 KB · Views: 4,711
  • 2012.10.11-11.50.17.jpg
    2012.10.11-11.50.17.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 4,367
  • 2012.10.11-11.51.00.jpeg
    2012.10.11-11.51.00.jpeg
    35.9 KB · Views: 3,931
  • 2012.10.11-12.17.39.jpeg
    2012.10.11-12.17.39.jpeg
    30.3 KB · Views: 3,665
  • 2012.10.11-11.47.29.jpeg
    2012.10.11-11.47.29.jpeg
    142.2 KB · Views: 3,710
Last edited:

-Danik-

Oct 10, 2012
Thanks, i'll have to see what I can adopt from your rom to make some improvements on AOKP ;)

I'll be glad :)
I tried to integrate the boosted OpenGL libs and the 720p rec into ICS and JB but it just won't boot for no reason.
I've tried adb debugging - but nothing , it showed error in syntax and rebooted again and again.

the OpenGL libs succeeded being ported to JB but when clicking the "Performance" tab , the Settings.apk immediately crash , I know it's related to the hash code checking of CM10 because it worked like a charm in MIUI.

KinChungE

Jun 10, 2010
Great work!
But I really wonder what is the vsel setting for 1450MHz?
Since I tried my phone can be overclocked to at most ~1330MHz at 80vsel:crying:

-Danik-

Oct 10, 2012
Great work!

I can tell that there isn't much difference between 1330/1350 to 1450 , the big problem isn't the Vsel , it's just locked.
somehow I got a good piece , that can get above 1400mhz , with custom kernel.
it wasn't meant to be used daily though.

EDIT: Try 1350 mhz on 74 vsel , it should be stable . Run Stability Test for 5-10 minutes
here is Market link to the app
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.into.stability

Last edited:

eduwp90

Aug 11, 2011
Nice! Have you tried adding droid x governors from the forum?

And what about using v6 supercharger? Lets see if we can squeeze more power!

Sent from my MotoA953 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: morcego.surf

Anonymous_

Jul 2, 2010
It looks nice and I will probably give it a try!

Just quick questions - how is the speed compared to CM10 and CM7 and to stock ROM?

(I suppose it is way faster than CM10, faster than stock ROM - Am I right?... but how about a comparsion to CM7... is it faster than CM7 or about the same or the CM7 is noticeable faster? Thank you very much for response on this! I'm currently looking for the fastest ROM on M2 and I have definitely eliminated CM10, MIUI and stock Froyo ROM... Currently looking around CM7, this ROM and stock GB)

chippoke

Sep 6, 2010
Thank you for your work!

You should probably add to your "noob guide" that you can only reboot into your custom recovery by pressing "Volume Down" when the blue hardware led appears at the upper right edge of the screen.

-Danik-

Oct 10, 2012
Thank you for your work!

You should probably add to your "noob guide" that you can only reboot into your custom recovery by pressing "Volume Down" when the blue hardware led appears at the upper right edge of the screen.
Yes , and one more important thing - it will show a blue led but not the green led because it is set to 'normal' instead of '2nd-init'

It looks nice and I will probably give it a try!

Just quick questions - how is the speed compared to CM10 and CM7 and to stock ROM?

(I suppose it is way faster than CM10, faster than stock ROM - Am I right?... but how about a comparsion to CM7... is it faster than CM7 or about the same or the CM7 is noticeable faster? Thank you very much for response on this! I'm currently looking for the fastest ROM on M2 and I have definitely eliminated CM10, MIUI and stock Froyo ROM... Currently looking around CM7, this ROM and stock GB)
Speed must be greater due to full HW Acceleration , that means even faster phone on 3D apps. , about CM7 , it should be the same on I\ O but greater at some CPU massive apps.
Good to see MSginger return, one of my favorites.
Good job.
Yes , hope you will like it , thanks.
Nice! Have you tried adding droid x governors from the forum?

And what about using v6 supercharger? Lets see if we can squeeze more power!

Sent from my MotoA953 using xda app-developers app
I really wanted to use V6 supercharger script and the Kick Ass Kernelizer , surprisingly performance dropped both on Multi tasking method and on Aggresive 512HP thats because it overwrites some of my parameters that were already boosted better.
and for the Droid X mod , of course i put it in , but only the SIO Scheduler works <boostedASS v2 crashed>.

Last edited:

KinChungE

Jun 10, 2010
I can tell that there isn't much difference between 1330/1350 to 1450 , the big problem isn't the Vsel , it's just locked.

EDIT: Try 1350 mhz on 74 vsel , it should be stable . Run Stability Test for 5-10 minutes

related to kernel? Seems moto did a lot of trick to prevent us optimizing the phone:mad:

May I know if the kernel is the same as the CM10 one? (below is the link)
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1908687

Thank you!

-Danik-

Oct 10, 2012
related to kernel? Seems moto did a lot of trick to prevent us optimizing the phone:mad:

May I know if the kernel is the same as the CM10 one? (below is the link)
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1908687

Thank you!

No , i didn't check the CM10 kernel yet (becuase I can't boot the rom with it , however it is related to quality of the phone itself <I got a good one>
the limitation is in Voltage.
above 80 Vsel your phone will bootloop , literally
the phone somehow gets me get a really high core clock while keeping Vsel < 80.
I know that with stock kernel It will not suffice (80 Vsel for 1450mhz) so i'll have to push the vsel higher and then i'll bootloop , so that my assume it is pretty related.
try your luck with that .

please note that when the Bootloader will be unlocked , limitation will be only the core's <don't really know how much , but rumor has it that the single core TI OMAP can reach 1.7ghz , can't imagine how the battery will be..

Reactions: djlooka and r3daxis

ncc74656

May 5, 2008
Please ignore, I managed to fix it. The problem was with Windows 7.

Last edited:

Anonymous_

Jul 2, 2010
Just trying the ROM and some observation:
- it's pretty fast (in compare to CM10)
- some keyboard layout switching (for HW keyboard) would be nice... I'm going to resolve this manually via adb.. but it's annoying
- what's bothering me at this moment is that I'm unable to lower the ringtone volume down to the total mute - it just stays on vibrate... I'm unable to go to total mute (without vibrate)..

Any help would be nice.

Just for other people, who are wondering to try it - it has about 200 MB of free RAM without apps running and it installed without any problem through restore and wipe data.

-Danik-

Oct 10, 2012
Just trying the ROM and some observation:
- it's pretty fast (in compare to CM10)
- some keyboard layout switching (for HW keyboard) would be nice... I'm going to resolve this manually via adb.. but it's annoying
- what's bothering me at this moment is that I'm unable to lower the ringtone volume down to the total mute - it just stays on vibrate... I'm unable to go to total mute (without vibrate)..

Any help would be nice.

Just for other people, who are wondering to try it - it has about 200 MB of free RAM without apps running and it installed without any problem through restore and wipe data.

of course I try to get it as fast as possible with many tweaks and configures.
about ringtone it locks on Vibrate mode for comfort , you have a button in quick action ui < where WiFi , BT , GPS and all> also you can slide the right slider in Lockscreen.

also Music player integrated to lockscreen.
BTW. RAM freeup is set to low intensity for better multitask , while handling large Dalvik Heap , that's great.

Thanks ;)

Reactions: djlooka

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello Guys.
    Little History :D
    I have the Milestone 2 about a year, and the User in xda for 2 days.
    I Do like The CyanogenMod 10 and the JB AOKP but since they dont support fully HWA and 720p Rec i sticked to the MS2Ginger GB Rom, also games are slower , benchmarks lower , and with all the beauty of Cyanogen , something lacks there for people who want to squeeze the milestone 2, beacuse the only reason I sticked to GB is P-e-r-f-o-r-m-a-n-c-e!
    The rom itself is fine but I wanted it to perform as fast as the Phone can.
    Then , I Just Modified and upgraded it more and more, until it was too good to be not published here.
    so , after 4 monthes of Customizations and , Moddings and Upgrades I Must Share this awesome rom.

<also Overclocked it the highest possible - over the whole internet couldnt find people who could push that far , but that's off topic)

So What happened to This Awesome rom since I Have it :

- CM Integrations for Android 2.3.7 <Kernel can be even 2.3.6 \ 2.3.4 thats OK>

- The Most usable feature for me is 720p Record on 30fps , using the stock version of Gingerbread does give the 720p but it's too laggy, so I used new M4V Encoders + 10Mbit (Better Quality , surprisingly didn't decreased FPS) + new Stills driver (related to video record because in the ms2g stock and in every BLUR rom it looks for the exposure in the stills camera .so files = In Short , Video is Smooth on 720p @30 FPS as it should be , and as it is written in GSMArena.

- New cool Theme <Look at pics> , New Bootanimation, Transformed from CoreDroid Theme pack.

- DSPManager with Custom libs , Ok , this is one of the better things that happened to the phone , dsp libs are now supporting 10hz Low Bass instead of 16hz (but 16 hz is still shown in app.) , Furthermore , neccessary for In-Ear users LPF Compensation fixed and the bass is tremondous <using good earphones of course>.

- OpenGL TextuereBulldoze libs included <can perform better with ChainFire>, useful due to the weak GPU power so it pushes the SGX 530 chip as further as possible.

- I/O Calculator libs Ported from Droid 2 Global - also gives some more performance.

- YouTube HD Version , yes,the new YouTube that was meant to be ICS / JB only is here (Version 4.1.23) , the older version supported HD but it cached really bad so it buffered alot , now it works better ( little buffer on 27 fps hd clips , but 24~25 fps hd clips are cached now easily using fast WiFI of course).

In Coclusion ,the ROM is Super in terms of performance and reliabilty, easily compensates for not having CM9\CM10\AOKP Roms.

Note: I Used a Customized Kernel which gives 1450mhz core clock (Compiled with Linaro 4.6) , although it is faster , it isnt very stable for daily use and has limitations like battery 0% or Full signal but its not all the time , anyways , I attached the latest boot image so you can use 2.3.6 latest kernel.

Note 2: I Recommend Using Latest GB Kernel and so i will attach it.

Enjoy ;)

Installation Guide for n00bs :D
    1. Place the Folder in /sdcard/clockworkmod/backup <it's currently as Nandroid Backup , will be a ZIP as soon as i fix my custom kernel , beacuse I couldn't check the zip , Im pretty stuck on CWM 6 with this kernel.>
    2. Boot to CWM based Recovery.
    3. Restore the ROM.
    4. Reboot , boot again to CWM but this time it'll be the new CWM 4 recovery from my rom! for a better allocation of /data (uses different mmcblk)
    5. Now Wipe Data & Cache.
    6. Enoy The ROM ,Hope you'll like it!.

-------- MS2Ginger 5 *NEW* ----------

Download Section

09.06 - Download *NEW VERSION*
    04.04 - Download

Read Changelog for full info

------------ Earlier Versions -----------
    -NEW- Link for MS2G4 v2-
    Download
    New version , Linaro 4.7.2 code , should be faster.

-Link for 28.10 Version <A.k.a MS2G4 v1>
    http://www.mediafire.com/?v55cosbkd5hfw7o -

-Latest GB Kernel-
    http://www.mediafire.com/?get bt49a8pr6u3wbvu

-Stock Animation & Theme-
    https://dl.dropbox.com/u/96160245/Stock%20theme_4MS2G.zip
    -------------------------------------

Instructions For People who want to try Stock Animations & Theme flashable:
    As requested , flashable for stock anims and theme.
    1.Flash Zip
    2.Wipe Dalvik Cache
    3.Reboot <Now reboot will initially take longer to rebuild cache>
    4.Tell me how it goes :)

ChangeLog:
    Earlier Versions <MS2G4>
    11.10 - Boot Up
    15.10 - Update Libs for usage on stock animation zip.
    17.10 - Fix WiFi Channel 10 on 802.11g/n < Led to crash when trying to Ad-Hoc>
    21.10 - Integrated RTL to Framework.
    28.10 - Better Data Tethering speed <useful for some people who tether to use on a laptop>
    07.11 - New ROM Improvements ,Faster I/O & Scheduler, Also Integrated SuperCharger v6 , Kick Ass Kernelizer for SIO and 3G SuperCharger.
    08.11 - Full Support for Animations and other custom boot related stuff <possible due to removing CRC check from bootmenu>
    11.11 - Faster OpenGL using updated glibs <average 3.1 FPS more>
    17.11 - Final Wi-Fi fix <after lots of QC tests>
    20.11 - Media Player fully integrated in Lockscreen, Finished Kernelizer improvements,NO thumbnail on gallery Fixed,STABLITY CHECK PASS.
    27.11 - Camera app free focus , Fix navigate freely in UI while call is incoming <Without answering the call > , New,updated glibs <Defy+ port>.
    06.12 - New bins for EGL ans SLES , new adb debug system < using adbd in CWM , for those who needed.>
    13.12 - New Mass Storage Drivers , ROM now supporting UV using the new kernel only <better OC score>.
    23.12 - Final fix of GLES <FINAL fix , the SGX530 can't do better than that!> , UVP<version needs the new kernel to OC - it relies on the UV>
    01.01 - New VSEL Calc from Droid 2 <max undervolting of VSEL1 without call hangout on deep sleep>, JVM cache is 64mb instead of 16mb.
    16.01 - ULV of new kernel supported fixed libs ,Linaro GCC tweaked <checks whether Custom kernel is installed or not , RAM economic>
    25.01 - New calculator , even better than required stock , If I already messed with the I/O then let's use DROID X one for a test.
    31.01 - Newest Camera stutter libs , DROID X new revision <should be better in CPU initializer like when you launch an app>
    14.02 - Fixed Major issue caused severe lags using entropy change , Made some changes in KAK that caused minor issues and fixed batt.d.
    21.02 - EntropyService feed extended on /dev/block/kpanic @ 8192.
    09.03 - RAZR Camcorder lib for better Exposure and futuristic kernel updates. Added bootstrapper.sh partition master for faster boot on BL 3\4.
    21.03 - Recovery repartition and bootloader verification killed - NEED IT ONLY FOR CWM6

MS2G5 - New Versions
    25.03 - Recompiled Version using the new GCC 4.8.0 , supports the latest custom kernel , 2nd-init version , compiler fixed BL 4 issues , future DWARF debugging , SmartAss2 experimental.
    04.04 - New WiFi drivers for request , LTO Partitioning , Integrated ASan Tweaks for startup libs <read : Address Sanitizer> - BIG Thanks for GCC Team!
    09.06 - ROM built from completely new, untouched Vivo Brasil - True MS2 fingerprints and kernel stamps , new YouTube HD , ASan Tweaks for GCC and sync to 4.8.1, Better scrolling <framework edit> , Fixed backlight , Fixed HW codec for built-in video player not showing 720p MP4 with more than 10Mbit
    along with all previous tweaks made for MS2Ginger , works with all recoveries, wiped some not necessary system apps , new soundfx libs corrected loudness compensation and sound quality when using custom EQ on low hz - ROM is slim and nice.

Please Note: Flash using CWM 5 for fully supporting TAR <had some improvements on YAFFS image , not relevant anymore>
    Link for BootMenu with CWM5 : http://www.mediafire.com/?i1rcie7tf4y6rmu

---
    ----- Custom Kernel Section-----
    AUTHORIZED PERSONNEL ONLY! DO NOT CROSS :D

--Based on Stock 2.3.6 Nov11--

8.1 - New Kernel with Alot more Features:
    - Custom UVP
    - Extremely ULV on 300/11~15 - Battery BEST Friend , But depends on how good your piece is.
    - New Deep Sleep Tweak from G71 <unlike previous release , now supports Wi-Fi , Data and Bluetooth services kill on sleep>
    - Dalvik cache split file <Acts like Page File when RAM is less than 15% available>
    - zRAM Swap 24% <pre-applied>
    - USB Debug root access <good for ADB users>
    - 70.13 Bootloader Semi Unlocked.
    - Kernel Image is zImage OR BootINI with CRC check disabled with IF condition - if it can't boot , the condition will continue to BootINI.
    - VSEL3 for Short Initial Demand tweaked if used in 800mhz you can now get below 800/44 <Experiment on Voltage multimeter>

Link : http://www.mediafire.com/?hdv8c3a2fhj5brr

---
    07.02 - Linaro based , Whole new kernel <Rev4>:
    - ULV as always.
    - New CPU 4th HW level <as known as VSEL4> , only when processor reaches 75% of intensity.
    - ARM topology support (SCHED_MC)
    - Stable 5 Point multi touch drivers.
    - Multi hub , supporting any GB.
    - 100% stock kernel info fake!! <install using sbf must proceed>.
    - New Modem driver for MS2 <can use data tethering via USB built in func.>
    - Customized Display Driver <can use up to 9999 dpi hack, upscale 1080p videos and game higher resolutions NOT ALWAYS WORKING >.
    - GPU Undervolt NOT STABLE FOR ANYONE ,use terminal emulator with su permissions and use "set min_lv_gpu 97280 /dev/block/stl1".
    - Lossless Kernel Image for fast decompressing.
    - New Data partition <mmcblk shortcut for original location> , after DATA wipe , new partition will be active.
    - NO COMPILER OPTIMIZATIONS , I Just used linaro for its ability to navigate easily on 15 different hardware C++ files.

Link : http://www.mediafire.com/?cn3b1z76fk59bqk
    ---
    16.04 - New stuffed kernel! <Rev5>
    - Added VSEL1 Custom code** for better battery <read info>.
    - Added ril on ramdisk so any older GB based roms have baseband supported <CM7 , MIUI GB , and also CM9 runs on GB>.
    - Changed to gZip compression for ramdisk , had Loseless on previous release but it caused Code Corrupt if using BL 4.
    - Fix BL =4 users updating cdt.bin after flash. <This is for me ,not really important , just a fake signature>
    - 1400Mhz Core limitation on this release <want to make sure people don't destroy their device>.
    - Added NTFS Module UPDATE 18/04 - Unstable , use ext3/4.

Link : http://www.mediafire.com/?ihvdwmfwd89pljv - Fixed

---
    16.05 - New Revision! <Rev6>.
    - New ril from vivo brasil , fixing MMS and BT Mac address 00;00;00;00 for BL=4
    - Kernel running JIT enabled , experimental.
    - Kernel is BL =4 , which means if you're BL 3 and want to keep it on 3 , flash UpgradePreventer before the kernel.

Link : http://www.mediafire.com/?116s024d2k76mjx
    -------------------
    **Custom code for voltage management on VSEL1 : when in Deep Sleep for more than 10 minutes device goes 150/6 , VSEL1 backs to normal 300Mhz <unless configured differently> before screen lights up or a call ringing.

Credits:
    walther79 for initial MS2Ginger! , for MS2Ginger 5 which he called for 2nd-boot , I recompiled it and use for normal mode as for the custom HW kernel, the 5th version is similar to 4 , but I brand it as No. 5 for new GCC 4.8.0 of March 2013.
    santiemanuel for CWM 4 <new recovery , although i use cwm6 , it is more stable to use version 4 for its great compatibilty>
    Hello Friends.
    Yesterday I Managed to break into ramdownloader and flash Unlocked , Custom bootloader
    <using NAND flash though ,but still in works to get everyone to use it>.

Once the RAMDL was hacked , I was able to flash my own loader which is a turning point in Milestone 2 at is , and on any OMAP at all.

Already built a nice BL which features alot more than just flashing using only UART Cable.
    I attach some pics of what exactly I'm talking about.

--
    About the ROM , already fixed lights on the day I uploaded it , just took walter's and didn't notice it - never mind as it was fixed quickly but I invest on Bootloader so I prefer waiting a bit for some other tweaks to come along.
    WOW!!!!!! Can´t believe it.... this means that every custom kernel could be used without 2ndboot or 2ndinit, right?

Right Sir :)

Guess we have to star this as freaking newsworthy! You did what Motorola failed to do right? :victory:

I did what Motorola didn't want us to do.
    Hi Mr.danik

I can buy UART cable and interface . if i buy it can i unlock bootloader?

thanks

Of course , but I'm working on it so you won't need any.
    Boards can easily write to NAND chip so that it is possible , but you will need a NAND holder which is very rare item for now, even if you want it you can't - got mine from a chip flashing kit for XBOX.

Great work!