[Kernel] [S7262] [21/06/2015] BeastPro Kernel v1.0

Search This thread

regalstreak

Jun 26, 2013
Mumbai
BeastPro%20Kernel_zps8thsijpm.jpg

BeastPro Kernel v1.0

For Samsung Galaxy Star Pro S7262 (logan2g)

#StarProBeast

Code:
* Your warranty is now void.
* We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD Cards, thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed.
* Please do some research if you have any concerns about this kernel before flashing it!
* YOU are choosing to make these modifications.
* And if you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.

"It takes days to make a kernel but it doesn't even take few seconds to press the Thanks Button" - arpith.fbi (XDA Recognized Contributor)

FEATURES_zpsvw9ryiqi.jpg

• Compiled from official and latest Samsung kernel sources.

[*]Compiled using official Cortex optimized Linaro Toolchain 4.6.4.

[*]Should work on every GT-S7262 firmware or build. No restrictions on custom ROMs. Use your favourite Stock/Custom ROMs along with the Beast Pro.

[*]Kernel OTA (Over-The-Air) Update Feature.

[*]Smooth like butter.

[*]Swap memory support.

[*]Optimized for size.

[*]PS Frequency Change support.

[*]CPU Frequency Scaling Enabled. Scale CPU frequencies using apps like SetCPU.

[*]Scalable CPU frequencies: 500 Mhz, 600 Mhz, 700 Mhz, 800 Mhz, 900 Mhz, 1 Ghz.

[*]Enabled CPU Idle Power management.

[*]Enabled Tracing, Migration and Branch Profiling.

[*]Enabled Deadline Scheduler.

[*]Added Custom Governor(s): SmartassV2 (tweaked), Lagfree, Lazy, InteractiveX, Lionheart.

[*]Added Custom Scheduler(s): SIO, SIO-Plus.

[*]Default: Ondemand, CFQ.

[*]Added Dynamic Fsync Control support.

[*]Allowed higher clockrates.

[*]Added NVS Hibernate driver.

[*]Optimized for powersave.

[*]Added CPU Boost driver to boost CPU for performance.

[*]Added BLX (Battery Life Extender) driver to extend battery life.

[*]Added AutoSleep, PowerSuspend and QuickWakeup for better battery utilization and performance.

[*]Added TCP Congestion support.

[*]Added Frandom, a fast pseudo-random generator.

[*]Added glibc memcpy and libstr support.

[*]Updates: zram (performance), autogroup by android ID, softirq (performance), readahead (performance), sched tweaks (performance), optimized square root algorithm, ondemand boost cpu etc.

[*]Fixes: Swap fix for governors, vfat, i/o latency (34% improvement), cpufreq driver, ondemand governor, ext3 and ext4 bugs, ARM fault etc.

[*]Insecured kernel (boot), allowed root by default.

[*]Allowed Mock Locations and Debugging by default.

[*]Insecured ADB, Persist USB ADB support.

[*]USB Force Fast Charge support.

[*]USB Keyboard and Mouse support.

[*]DriveDroid support.

[*]Added exFAT file system support through module.

[*]Support for FAT, MSDOS, VFAT and NTFS (R/W) file systems.

Installation_zpsbafznulr.jpg

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Edit: Before installing kernel, kindly follow these steps in order to backup EFS/IMEI and related partitions.

1] Install Partitions Backup & Restore and ES File Explorer from Google Play.

2] Allow both to have Root access.

3] Launch Partitions Backup & Restore App and click on Settings icon, select External SdCard, click on Back button.

4] Select EFS, MODEM and MODEM2 (which are yellow colored) and click on down most button of right side. It will backup your efs and related partitions to your external memory card.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

THE FOLLOWING STEPS SHOULD ONLY BE PERFORMED ON A SAMSUNG GALAXY STAR PRO/PLUS (GT-S7262)

Steps:

1] Download BeastPro Kernel's Latest Zip From the Download Section of the thread

2] Transfer it (without extracting) to your phone's External SD Card

4] Switch off your phone

5] Put your phone in Recovery Mode (Volume Up + Power + Home buttons simultaneously)

Now use Volume buttons to navigate Up and Down (To go up, press Volume Up button Once. To go down, press Volume Down button Once) And To select an option, use the Power Button

6] Go to Install Zip From SD Card Select it

7] Go to Choose Zip From SD Card Select it

8] Now browse to BeastPro Kernel's Latest Zip where you had transferred it to your external SD Card

9] Select It

10] Go to Yes by pressing Volume Down button. Select it

11] An Installation Will Start

12] After the process completes, you have successfully flashed The BeastPro Kernel! :D

13] Now Go Back and Reboot your Phone

14] Enjoy!

Download_zpstcnvfxz9.jpg

Source%20Codes_zpslgkyxr8k.jpg

Credits_zpsczokwbut.jpg

Please press the Thanks Button guys! It means a lot to us devs :D

"Code Wins Arguments" - regalstreak (XDA Senior Member)

XDA:DevDB Information
BeastPro Kernel, Kernel for the Samsung Galaxy Star Pro

Contributors
regalstreak, anilsingh1605

Version Information
Current Stable Version: v1.0
Stable Release Date: 2015-06-20

Created 2015-06-21
Last Updated 2015-06-21

Last edited:

regalstreak

Jun 26, 2013
Mumbai
FAQ_zpshe9c9qs4.jpg

Q1) Will it work on my ROM?
Ans: Yes! It works on all the ROMs available for our device. (Custom/Stock)

Q2) The phone is lagging!
Short Answer: It will ofcourse lag in the beginning for a minute. See the phone speed up after that!
Long Answer: The phone builds the cache and dalvik cache required to run the programs and apps for the device. So it takes around one or two minutes for the device to start-up completely. So just wait for that duration. Then enjoy our kernel :D
Even then, if it is lagging. it is because of your phone. Try clearing cache from recovery and uninstall some unnecessary apps.

Q3) When will you add feature X?
Ans: We will add them as soon as possible. If you need a feature, you can post that in the feature requests section, or even quote us here! But due to studies, it would require some time.

Q4) Can I use this kernel in my custom ROM?
Ans: You should seek our permission for that. Ask us on Facebook. I may reply fast. Here is my Facebook account: Neil Agarwal And Here is Anil Singh's Facebook Account: Anil Singh

Q5) I am facing white screen! Please help!
Ans: If you face the white screen error, update to latest version of the stock ROM. Then flash the kernel. If you have any other problems, you can quote us here! :D

Q6) I am not getting signal! I just can see Emergency calls only! Please help! And I have a backup of my EFS Partition and IMEI!
Ans: This is because you have lost your EFS folder. Your Internal SD Card might not work. Your Lock Screen might not work. When you press the power button for a short time, your phone may turn off directly. You may view yellow text on your screen. OK. Enough of info. Now, The Fix:

Restore EFS/IMEI:
  • Launch Partitions Backup & Restore App, click on the button beside settings icon.
  • Click on Restore a Partition, OK, ES File Explorer, Just Once.
  • Browse to External SD Card and select Partitions Backup folder.
  • For EFS: Select EFS backup file from the folder and select efs (mmcblk0p3) and click on Restore.
  • Repeat steps 1,2,3 and for modem: Select modem backup file from the folder and select modem (mmcblk0p7) and click on Restore.
  • Repeat steps 1,2,3 and for modem2: Select modem2 backup file from the folder and select modem2 (mmcblk0p11) and click on Restore.
  • Reboot mobile.
Q7) My Lockscreen is not working! And I have a backup of my EFS Partition and IMEI!
Ans: Read FAQ Question 6

Q8) There is Yellow Text on my screen! And I have a backup of my EFS Partition and IMEI!

Q9) I am not getting signal! I just can see Emergency calls only! Please help! And I do not have a backup of my EFS Partition and IMEI!
Ans: This is because you have lost your EFS folder. Your Internal SD Card might not work. Your Lock Screen might not work. When you press the power button for a short time, your phone may turn off directly. You may view yellow text on your screen. OK. Enough of info. Now, The Fix:

• Go Here
  • Enjoy!
  • From Next Time, Learn To Follow Instructions.
  • If it still does not work, Feel free to contact us! :D

Q10) My Lockscreen is not working! And I do not have a backup of my EFS Partition and IMEI!
Ans: Read FAQ Question 9

Q11) There is Yellow Text on my screen! And I do not have a backup of my EFS Partition and IMEI!

Now You Are Good To Go!

Last edited:

regalstreak

Jun 26, 2013
Mumbai
Features%20In%20Brief_zpspsjuo4vh.jpg

Swap Memory Support:
  • You can now increase your handset RAM size (virtually) using third party app or init.d script!
  • Use any Ram Expanding application or init.d script for Swap Memory. Make sure you have enough free space in External SD-Card to be used as Virtual Ram.
  • Make sure you select External SD-Card as swap partition before applying changes in your favorite ram expanding app/script.

Governors:
  • Different kernels can support different CPU Governors, which manage the way your phone ramps up or down its clock speeds as you use it.
  • There are a few different kinds of Governors.
  • To Change an I/O Scheduler, You need an App. The Best One is: No-frills CPU Control
  • Go Here For More Reference

I/O Schedulers
  • Input/output (I/O) scheduling is a term used to describe the method computer operating systems decide the order that block I/O operations will be submitted to storage volumes.
  • I/O schedulers can have many purposes depending on the goal of the I/O scheduler, some common goals are:
  • To minimize time wasted by hard disk seeks.
  • To prioritize a certain processes' I/O requests.
  • To guarantee that certain requests will be issued before a particular deadline.
  • To Change an I/O Scheduler, You need an App. The Best One is: No-frills CPU Control

USB Force Fast Charge Support:
  • USB Fast Charge allows you to charge battery faster when connected to a PC/Laptop via USB using Fast Charge App. Very useful in certain situations.
  • Increases input current limit to 1000mA when charging via USB.
  • Required App: Fast Charge

USB Keyboard Support:
  • Turn your Android device into USB keyboard/mouse for your PC/Laptop. Very useful in certain situations.
  • Steps:
  • Start ADB Debugging
  • Start app
  • Connect device to system via USB cable
  • Required app: USB Keyboard

ItsAnilSingh

Feb 6, 2015
Hyderabad
Download link removed. Aroma installer sometimes skips installation of OTA Updater app which is necessary in order to provide future updates of Beast Pro kernel.
Wait till we make a CWM/TWRP flashable zip.
Thanks, Team Beast.

Edit:
Download link added. Features added.
Thanks, Team Beast.

Last edited:

sai@9601

Feb 13, 2015
Hyderabad
it is smooth and lagless kernel.But sometimes experience a issue:slowly unlocking the screen by constant increase in intensity.Is it a feature or device defect bro???

Reactions: regalstreak

regalstreak

Jun 26, 2013
Mumbai
Reactions: abhinavgupta371

FireLord

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 19, 2014
Noida
firelord.github.io
Lenovo P2
Redmi K20 Pro
Suggestion

If you like to add this in your updater-script then it will make easier to noobs like me :p

ui_print("Wiping dalvik-cache");
mount("ext4", "EMMC", "/dev/block/mmcblk0p12", "/data");
delete_recursive("/data/local");
delete_recursive("/data/dalvik-cache");
unmount("/data");
ui_print("!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!");
ui_print("Done..");
ui_print("Wiping cache...");
mount("ext4", "EMMC", "/dev/block/mmcblk0p8", "/cache");
delete_recursive("/cache");
unmount("/cache");
ui_print("Done ");

regalstreak

Jun 26, 2013
Mumbai
http://xdaforums.com/galaxy-star/development/kernel-beast-kernel-v2-t3110185

Beast™ Kernel
BeastPro Kernel

which is the best for device performance ?

Haha! The history of this kernel.

In october 2014, i released Beast Kernel v1. It was a huge success. Was a basic kernel with not many features. After that i had studies and had to pause development. Also my PC Had broken down.
Later, in may 2015, @anilsingh1605 released his Star Kernel v1 and updated it to v2. It was a great kernel. Seeing him, I too felt the Beast kernel needed an update. Hence i updated it to v2 and later v2.1.
In June, We (Anil Singh and Me) Decided to make the best kernel for our device! We merged our projects and hence, BeastPro Kernel was released!
@emoboy (Official Name!) yea, BeastPro is the best for performance ;)

emoboy (Official Name!)

Mar 6, 2015
Los Angeles
Haha! The history of this kernel.

In october 2014, i released Beast Kernel v1. It was a huge success. Was a basic kernel with not many features. After that i had studies and had to pause development. Also my PC Had broken down.
Later, in may 2015, @anilsingh1605 released his Star Kernel v1 and updated it to v2. It was a great kernel. Seeing him, I too felt the Beast kernel needed an update. Hence i updated it to v2 and later v2.1.
In June, We (Anil Singh and Me) Decided to make the best kernel for our device! We merged our projects and hence, BeastPro Kernel was released!
@emoboy (Official Name!) yea, BeastPro is the best for performance ;)

Use ramexpander on your kernel ;)
Thanks pro.

Reactions: regalstreak

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    BeastPro%20Kernel_zps8thsijpm.jpg

BeastPro Kernel v1.0

For Samsung Galaxy Star Pro S7262 (logan2g)

#StarProBeast

Code:
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD Cards, thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed.
    * Please do some research if you have any concerns about this kernel before flashing it!
    * YOU are choosing to make these modifications.
    * And if you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.

"It takes days to make a kernel but it doesn't even take few seconds to press the Thanks Button" - arpith.fbi (XDA Recognized Contributor)

FEATURES_zpsvw9ryiqi.jpg

• Compiled from official and latest Samsung kernel sources.

[*]Compiled using official Cortex optimized Linaro Toolchain 4.6.4.

[*]Should work on every GT-S7262 firmware or build. No restrictions on custom ROMs. Use your favourite Stock/Custom ROMs along with the Beast Pro.

[*]Kernel OTA (Over-The-Air) Update Feature.

[*]Smooth like butter.

[*]Swap memory support.

[*]Optimized for size.

[*]PS Frequency Change support.

[*]CPU Frequency Scaling Enabled. Scale CPU frequencies using apps like SetCPU.

[*]Scalable CPU frequencies: 500 Mhz, 600 Mhz, 700 Mhz, 800 Mhz, 900 Mhz, 1 Ghz.

[*]Enabled CPU Idle Power management.

[*]Enabled Tracing, Migration and Branch Profiling.

[*]Enabled Deadline Scheduler.

[*]Added Custom Governor(s): SmartassV2 (tweaked), Lagfree, Lazy, InteractiveX, Lionheart.

[*]Added Custom Scheduler(s): SIO, SIO-Plus.

[*]Default: Ondemand, CFQ.

[*]Added Dynamic Fsync Control support.

[*]Allowed higher clockrates.

[*]Added NVS Hibernate driver.

[*]Optimized for powersave.

[*]Added CPU Boost driver to boost CPU for performance.

[*]Added BLX (Battery Life Extender) driver to extend battery life.

[*]Added AutoSleep, PowerSuspend and QuickWakeup for better battery utilization and performance.

[*]Added TCP Congestion support.

[*]Added Frandom, a fast pseudo-random generator.

[*]Added glibc memcpy and libstr support.

[*]Updates: zram (performance), autogroup by android ID, softirq (performance), readahead (performance), sched tweaks (performance), optimized square root algorithm, ondemand boost cpu etc.

[*]Fixes: Swap fix for governors, vfat, i/o latency (34% improvement), cpufreq driver, ondemand governor, ext3 and ext4 bugs, ARM fault etc.

[*]Insecured kernel (boot), allowed root by default.

[*]Allowed Mock Locations and Debugging by default.

[*]Insecured ADB, Persist USB ADB support.

[*]USB Force Fast Charge support.

[*]USB Keyboard and Mouse support.

[*]DriveDroid support.

[*]Added exFAT file system support through module.

[*]Support for FAT, MSDOS, VFAT and NTFS (R/W) file systems.

Installation_zpsbafznulr.jpg

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Edit: Before installing kernel, kindly follow these steps in order to backup EFS/IMEI and related partitions.

1] Install Partitions Backup & Restore and ES File Explorer from Google Play.

2] Allow both to have Root access.

3] Launch Partitions Backup & Restore App and click on Settings icon, select External SdCard, click on Back button.

4] Select EFS, MODEM and MODEM2 (which are yellow colored) and click on down most button of right side. It will backup your efs and related partitions to your external memory card.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

THE FOLLOWING STEPS SHOULD ONLY BE PERFORMED ON A SAMSUNG GALAXY STAR PRO/PLUS (GT-S7262)

Steps:

1] Download BeastPro Kernel's Latest Zip From the Download Section of the thread

2] Transfer it (without extracting) to your phone's External SD Card

4] Switch off your phone

5] Put your phone in Recovery Mode (Volume Up + Power + Home buttons simultaneously)

Now use Volume buttons to navigate Up and Down (To go up, press Volume Up button Once. To go down, press Volume Down button Once) And To select an option, use the Power Button

6] Go to Install Zip From SD Card Select it

7] Go to Choose Zip From SD Card Select it

8] Now browse to BeastPro Kernel's Latest Zip where you had transferred it to your external SD Card

9] Select It

10] Go to Yes by pressing Volume Down button. Select it

11] An Installation Will Start

12] After the process completes, you have successfully flashed The BeastPro Kernel! :D

13] Now Go Back and Reboot your Phone

14] Enjoy!

Download_zpstcnvfxz9.jpg

Source%20Codes_zpslgkyxr8k.jpg

Credits_zpsczokwbut.jpg

Please press the Thanks Button guys! It means a lot to us devs :D

"Code Wins Arguments" - regalstreak (XDA Senior Member)

XDA:DevDB Information
    BeastPro Kernel, Kernel for the Samsung Galaxy Star Pro

Contributors
    regalstreak, anilsingh1605

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: v1.0
    Stable Release Date: 2015-06-20

Created 2015-06-21
    Last Updated 2015-06-21
    Features%20In%20Brief_zpspsjuo4vh.jpg

Swap Memory Support:
    • You can now increase your handset RAM size (virtually) using third party app or init.d script!
    • Use any Ram Expanding application or init.d script for Swap Memory. Make sure you have enough free space in External SD-Card to be used as Virtual Ram.
    • Make sure you select External SD-Card as swap partition before applying changes in your favorite ram expanding app/script.

Governors:
    • Different kernels can support different CPU Governors, which manage the way your phone ramps up or down its clock speeds as you use it.
    • There are a few different kinds of Governors.

I/O Schedulers
    • Input/output (I/O) scheduling is a term used to describe the method computer operating systems decide the order that block I/O operations will be submitted to storage volumes.
    • I/O schedulers can have many purposes depending on the goal of the I/O scheduler, some common goals are:
    • To minimize time wasted by hard disk seeks.
    • To prioritize a certain processes' I/O requests.
    • To guarantee that certain requests will be issued before a particular deadline.

USB Force Fast Charge Support:
    • USB Fast Charge allows you to charge battery faster when connected to a PC/Laptop via USB using Fast Charge App. Very useful in certain situations.
    • Increases input current limit to 1000mA when charging via USB.
    • Required App: Fast Charge

USB Keyboard Support:
    • Turn your Android device into USB keyboard/mouse for your PC/Laptop. Very useful in certain situations.
    • Steps:
    • Start ADB Debugging
    • Start app
    • Connect device to system via USB cable
    • Required app: USB Keyboard
    FAQ_zpshe9c9qs4.jpg

Q1) Will it work on my ROM?
    Ans: Yes! It works on all the ROMs available for our device. (Custom/Stock)

Q2) The phone is lagging!
    Short Answer: It will ofcourse lag in the beginning for a minute. See the phone speed up after that!
    Long Answer: The phone builds the cache and dalvik cache required to run the programs and apps for the device. So it takes around one or two minutes for the device to start-up completely. So just wait for that duration. Then enjoy our kernel :D
    Even then, if it is lagging. it is because of your phone. Try clearing cache from recovery and uninstall some unnecessary apps.

Q3) When will you add feature X?
    Ans: We will add them as soon as possible. If you need a feature, you can post that in the feature requests section, or even quote us here! But due to studies, it would require some time.

Q4) Can I use this kernel in my custom ROM?
    Ans: You should seek our permission for that. Ask us on Facebook. I may reply fast. Here is my Facebook account: Neil Agarwal And Here is Anil Singh's Facebook Account: Anil Singh

Q5) I am facing white screen! Please help!
    Ans: If you face the white screen error, update to latest version of the stock ROM. Then flash the kernel. If you have any other problems, you can quote us here! :D

Q6) I am not getting signal! I just can see Emergency calls only! Please help! And I have a backup of my EFS Partition and IMEI!

Restore EFS/IMEI:
    • Launch Partitions Backup & Restore App, click on the button beside settings icon.
    • Click on Restore a Partition, OK, ES File Explorer, Just Once.
    • Browse to External SD Card and select Partitions Backup folder.
    • For EFS: Select EFS backup file from the folder and select efs (mmcblk0p3) and click on Restore.
    • Repeat steps 1,2,3 and for modem: Select modem backup file from the folder and select modem (mmcblk0p7) and click on Restore.
    • Repeat steps 1,2,3 and for modem2: Select modem2 backup file from the folder and select modem2 (mmcblk0p11) and click on Restore.
    • Reboot mobile.
    Q7) My Lockscreen is not working! And I have a backup of my EFS Partition and IMEI!

Q8) There is Yellow Text on my screen! And I have a backup of my EFS Partition and IMEI!

Q9) I am not getting signal! I just can see Emergency calls only! Please help! And I do not have a backup of my EFS Partition and IMEI!

• Go Here
    • Enjoy!
    • From Next Time, Learn To Follow Instructions.
    • If it still does not work, Feel free to contact us! :D

Q10) My Lockscreen is not working! And I do not have a backup of my EFS Partition and IMEI!

Q11) There is Yellow Text on my screen! And I do not have a backup of my EFS Partition and IMEI!

Now You Are Good To Go!
    Changelog_zpspj2q9wy3.jpg

Code:
    [B]v1.0 - 21 June, 2015[/B]
    -Initial release.
    Download link removed. Aroma installer sometimes skips installation of OTA Updater app which is necessary in order to provide future updates of Beast Pro kernel.
    Wait till we make a CWM/TWRP flashable zip.
    Thanks, Team Beast.

Edit:
    Download link added. Features added.
    Thanks, Team Beast.