• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[KERNEL][SAMSUNG 4.3][01/22]SpeedWizz_N2[BETA][OC-UV]

Search This thread

umberto1978

Sep 9, 2011
Huawei Mate 10
OnePlus 8 Pro
onlinelogomaker-090313-1938.png

This kernel is the result of a study aimed at achieving a balance between performance, efficiency in resource consumption and stability of use.
In any case I do not have the presumption to say that I reached the goal, for two reasons: it is still a project work - in - progress and secondly keep in mind that I am simply a person with a minimum of experience that attempts to understand how does a linux kernel and above all trying to figure out what are the implications of the introduction of a change compared to another.

The latest builds from are intended to use with any Samsung JellyBean 4.3 rom (stock or custom), so please see full details on download section in this post to avoid confusion, thanks.

Here is the complete features set at the actual date build,

- ONLY for Samsung 4.3 JB rom

- Based on latest kernel sources from OSRC n7100-update3

- Linux kernel version 3.0.101

- LZMA compression for zImage and initrd.img

- CPU Boost driver

- Gentle Fair Sleepers disabled from kernel code

- SELinux state is disabled
WARNING: in case you want to switch to a different kernel that lead to SELinux permissive or enforcing mode you MUST reflash your rom entirely and then flash a different kernel. SELinux needs to boot on a labeled system: until you run a disabled selinux kernel labeling is NOT present and system will refuse to work unless you perform a labeling again.
Be aware.

- Ported almost all the features from old 4.1.2 kernel:

1. Overclock up to 1920 mhz
2. Undervolt
3. GPU control - undervolt and overclock
4. Many optimizations
5. Fade led notification
6. TouchWake with slide2wake feature (timeout 0)
7. zzmoove, pegasusQ, LulzactiveQ and others governors
8. Sio, row, zen, cfq, deadline (tweaked) and noop schedulers
9. Proportional rate reduction for TCP congestion
10. Disabled many logs
11. Android logger as module
12. Frandom built-in
13. Dynamic file system synch
14. Boeffla sound engine
15. Zipallign optional feature
15. Post-init tweaks
16. Init.d full support with busybox run parts

- Rewritten all the scripts to use SpeedWizz Manager app to configure almost every feature of the kernel, enjoy!

Known issues:

- Touchwake, especially the slide2wake feature, is not working properly: sometimes device maybe un-responsive

TO DO: Add a proper custom bootanimation support and increase kernel stability.

SpeedWizz kernel 01/22

Changelogs from version 01/17

- More workaround to gain stability and exactly:
- input: evdev: Move wake_lock_destroy call
- ext4: prevent kernel panic in case of uninitialized jinode
- updated toolchain to 4.7.4 (target linux kernel 3.0.101, the actual kernel state)

- Boeffla-Sound: Engine 1.6.5

- mmc: disable crc for better performance

- Added some script to handle GPU threshold (psndna88 for inspiration)

- When flashing zip version from recovery you will get a backup of init.d folder BEFORE this will get erased, directly on your internal sd card.

DOWNLOADS

INSTALLATION​

Download kernel as zip archive and put in recovery. Reboot in recovery and wipe your cache. If you are switching trough kernel compiled with different toolchain a wipe dalvik-cache is also suggested. Flash kernel and reboot.

If you are using Odin (mobile or desktop) than download kernel as TAR archive. Reboot in recovery once time to wipe cache and (optional) dalvik-cache. Turn yor phone off and rebbot in download mode. Attach usb port to a PC (make sure you have installed proper drivers) and open Odin program as administrator: connect phone to usb cable and wait for communication port initializing. Now select from PDA tab the TAR file with the kernel and click on start. Wait for the process until it ends and when your phone reboot de-tach usb cable. Enjoy!

HOW TO USE​

To configure kernel parameters you can use SpeedWizz Manager inlcuded application. This app is based on the original script manager written by HMCarbide (thanks for let me use).
After flashing the kernel in /res/scripts (on the root of the ramdisk) will be stored many scripts that, when selected using the app, will be loaded in init.d folder and will be executed instantly. For each option selected corresponds a script. This is a work in progress, and in future will be added many more option to let configure the kernel for almost all the supported features.

NOTE1: The options selected will be operational ALSO at each reboot. If you accidentally have enabled some weird option (too many low voltages for example) to make your device boot properly you may need to reset the init.d folder and remove all scripts from here. JUST reflash the kernel using RECOVERY: in updater-script there is a command that will remove totally init.d folder and his contents.
At next boot, kernel will create a new folder.

NOTE2: To enable logcat just run speedwizz manager application and hit the check box related. Reboot and use logcat normally. To disable open application and deselect that option: at next boot logcat is disabled (this is the default setting).

NOTE3: Kernel comes with autoroot. So if you don't care of counter increments you can flash this on top of a stock rom to obtain root and busybox. On the other side, if your phone is already rooted or have busybox or both, the root process is bypassed leaving untouched the situation.
To disable root (for example to use SkyGo application or similar) just create an empty file called
Code:
noroot
in your sdcard and reboot. At next boot kernel will remove root feature TOTALLY. To re-enable root just delete this file (of course you can use stock file manager to do this, no root needed :p ) and reboot again.
This feature is currently unavailable

CREDITS​

The speedwizz kernel includes many patches from other experienced developers. Keep in mind that ALL commits in my github are already credited in detailed and proper way.
Anyway here is a list of people that i would to thank for their awesome work.

- AndreiLux (for gpucontrols, SDS and exynos exploit fixes)
- DerTeufel1980 (GPU interface on OSRC Update 3 and many fixes)
- GokhanMoral (for PegasusQ governor tweaks and other patches)
- Simone201 (main linux version updating, several patches and boeffla sound control)
- Hardcore (speedmod S3 patches used for my initial kernel releases)
- ptmr3 (for Overclock interface)
- psndna88 (many patches here and there)
- Googy_anas (some ideas and patches)
- AndiP (Boeffla sound mod and application)
- Angelom (my favourite developer)
- Faux123 (dynamic fsynch and many patches)
- FranciscoFranco (main linux kernel patches updates)
- Netharchy (Gpu control)
- Wanam (undervolt interfaces)
- Sakuramilk (for custom boot logo inspiration)
- Pluccio (Tester)
- loudness79 (tester)
- Acr101 (for suggestions across kernel testing and governor tweaks)
- HMCarbide (for his awesome script manager application
- Stratosk (for his customization scripts)
- Sarcastillo (many patches and ideas)
- Chainfire (Superuser and for being God of root)
- Nazar78 (for bootanimation support)

A special thanks to my voyage companions of the Blue Oyster Team
- Giuros77
- Janobifronte
- Crisgen
- Picciotto

Reminder: You can find all credited developers directly on kernel page and in my github. If i forgotten anyone please advise me

SpeedWizz Kernel is powered by Blue Oyster Team

e9k6.jpg

XDA:DevDB Information
SpeedWizz N2 , a Kernel for the Samsung Galaxy Note II

Contributors
umberto1978, simone201,AndiP,AndreiLux,DerTeufel1980, GokhanMoral,Hardcore, psndna88, ptmr3,Googy_anas,Angelom,Faux123,FranciscoFranco,Netharchy,Wanam,Sakuramilk,Pluccio,loudness79,Acr101,HMCarbide,Stratosk,Sarcastillo,Chainfire,Nazar78
Kernel Special Features: Support only for samsung based roms, custom boot animation support, HardFloat and NEON support, ARM specific CPU topology, Overclock, Undervolt, GPU control, EXFAT, Linaro toolchain 4.7.4, Custom Boot Logo.

Version Information
Beta Release Date: 2014-01-22

Created 2013-09-24
Last Updated 2014-01-27

umberto1978

Sep 9, 2011
Huawei Mate 10
OnePlus 8 Pro
Reserved

old changes log

SpeedWizz kernel 09/30

Changelogs from version 09/24

- tmpfs: fix mempolicy object leaks
Patched mm/shmem.c to avoid several memory leaks caused by mpol allocated memory, errors parsing remount options will leaked mpol and multiple mpol per mount leak mpol. Credits as per related commit. Follow the link on description.

- mach-exynos: cpuidle-exynos4: set logging default to disabled
Trying a proper way to optimize kernel resources usage. From gokhan moral source tree.

- power: reduce regulator initializations to regulator minima
With this modification we now use more undervolt (less voltage level) for Gpu and running stable.
Before applying this patch, I can't use even -25 Mv. Now i can reach *a stable -75 Mv without crash neither graphics glitches.
Anyway, at the moment, *the undervolt scripts in ramdisk are the same of the previous release.

- cpupower: update the cpu_power according to cpu load
When the lowest frequencies are used, we are in a light load use case and we increase the cpu capacity to keep these light tasks on CPU0. This patch was originally used by AndreiLux in his Perseus, and i think it could be implemented to reach a better balance between performances and battery life.

- Correctly applied the screen sharpness to our hardware

- Moving boot partitions to probe
This should grant Triangle Away support, need to be tested by others than me.

- Added fast charge - thanks Yank555-lu
With this modification we now should, i repeat SHOULD, be able to use the same power output for both A/C and USB charging case. And also we should be able to set our custom power level for both.
Default is disabled, you can use speedwizz manager to set things as desired.*
PLEASE IGNORE THE OUTPUT PRINTED BY TRICKSTERMOD, i will investigate why it show an ENABLED message despite the real state of the sysfs interface.
Also you should know that for your safety i deliberately omitted the option to enable FAILSAFE: It can be used to *allow anything up to 2.1A to be used as AC / USB custom current. The sysfs interface is there but there isn't a script to manage this option because i think it's too dangerous for your data. Use it at your own risk.

- Linux 3.0.74

- RAMDISK: Corrected almost all scripts to let show the coerent increasing order as per choice.

- RAMDISK: fixed the scripts for sched_mc_pwersavings, now will echoes the correct values.

- RAMDISK: simplified the GPU overclock scripts removing the frequencies steps from description choiche menu (i noticed overlapp between values). Now you will see only Low, Medium, High, High+, High++.*

- RAMDISK: Added the related scripts for all the new features.

- RAMDISK: Made the Zipallign feature as optional. Use the speedwizz manager to manage the feature.

- RAMDISK: removed the option for manage the gentle_fair_sleepers, as this debug feature is totally removed since 24/09 release, sorry for the inconvenience.

speedwizz kernel 09/24

changelogs from version 09/17

- enabled hardfloat and neon kernel support
we have an arm v7 architecture machine, so i think it's better to unleash his power, to gain optimum performances;

- sched/nohz: Rewrite, fix and add more accurate load-avg computation

- updated linaro toolchain to 4.7.4.

- enabled veno tcp congestion and set as default. Now you have three kind: Veno, reno and cubic.

- linux 3.0.70

- rwsem: Tons of optimizations. Read/write semaphores are very important in linux kernel and give those the correct attention can give best overall performance. To gain more details on what i introduced (patches are from other developers) give a sneakpeak to my github.

- lib/memcopy: Use glibc version.
Glibc of linux memcpy and memmove are way better than the standard one. Pure efficience.

- asynchronous i/o latency: Removed the plug from do_io_submit, to gain improvement on i/o latency

- cpu-supported unaligned accesses: Enabled one of the critical performance feature of our arm v7.

- input: Send events one packet at a time. On heavy event loads, such as a multitouch driver, the irqsoff latency can be very high. And trasferring those data after accumulating in a frame can reduce the latency a lot.

- dynamic fsync: Many fixes and improvements from latest faux123's commits. Updated to version 1.2.

- mali: Gpu control: Introduced voltage and clock control sysfs interface, major credits to andreilux and simone201;

- mali: Reduce utilization sampling timeout. Reduced the time needed by the kernel to make computation on mali usage.

- let the asv settings be applied at init process, during boot.

- added more gpu frequencies. Also restored the default steps configuration and modified the related asv tables.

- disabled haptic debug

- enabled exfat. Those are the new samsung opensource drivers for exfat. No performance or efficency loss, despite few debug features enabled on kernel configuration.
Many thanks to my friends loudness79 and pluccio, for the beta testing.

- enabled sched_mc_powersavings support.

- ramdisk - rewritten all the scripts to let the application interface be more comprehensible and immediate. Also to avoid selecting more of one option for the same cathegory.

- ramdisk - added the new mali scripts to control gpu. Now we can select various level of overclock and also we can select different sets of voltage to be applied for all 5 gpu steps. Voltage settings are dynamic: No need to re-apply after frequency modifications. Too high clock and too low voltages can give instability. You've been warned ;)

- ramdisk - added new script to manage the sched_mc_power savings. Default seto to 0 (disabled)

Last edited:

MrGlonass

Jul 5, 2007
You did well to export a great Italian job
When the rom speedwizz? :D
I've heard good things :beer:

I knew that the taskbar with football teams, superheroes, and many, many beautiful things. why not export them?
Come on guys ... please request it!!! ;)

Inviato dal mio GT-N7105 con Tapatalk 4

Last edited:

umberto1978

Sep 9, 2011
Huawei Mate 10
OnePlus 8 Pro
You did well to export a great Italian job
When the rom speedwizz? :D
I've heard good things :beer:

I knew that the taskbar with football teams, superheroes, and many, many beautiful things. why not export them?
Come on guys ... please request it!!! ;)

Updateme included on speedwizz rom for note 2 points only at italian stuff. Before a probably release in xda we need to translate all the related things in english.
Too much work....

Inviato dal mio GT-N7100 usando Tapatalk 4

MrGlonass

Jul 5, 2007
Updateme included on speedwizz rom for note 2 points only at italian stuff. Before a probably release in xda we need to translate all the related things in english.
Too much work....

Oooooooooooooo :eek:
Cool!!!!!!!! :beer::beer::beer:

p.s.: Mariuano... ahahhaa
Sarebbe Picciotto? :p

Last edited:
Reactions: crisgen

8thphloor

Oct 8, 2012
I tried this kernel on many sammy based roms and stock dmg1. Finally my device found his ideal companion. It's an amazing work that allow you to build your personal kernel as a perfectly sewn dress.

Do you search for crazy performances without burn your battery? You got it

Fancy a very battery friendly setting without freeze, sod or lags? Got it too.

Do you need exfat support? Checked

Do you want to try something new done with solid skills and common sense? Try it NOW

All these stuffs (and many others, look at the changelogs or github) plus an incredibile stability make this kernel maybe the best one i tried on my noteII.
+++++ highly recommended ++++

With latest build (24/9) i notice a huge improvement in terms of smoothness, responsiveness and speed, with my usual settings (i'm a fan of performances, i love to fly :D ), but also with a more battery friendly setting...now let's see battery behaviour. Btw good update.
Great great job man ;) thanks for your work and keep it up!!!

brolee93

Jan 1, 2009
XDA city
Good Work ;) i like thanks for your great kernel ,but lol it is possible to have version with stock bootlogo (SAMSUNG GALAXY NOTE 2 ?)please or one fix if it possible ?

Reactions: umberto1978

umberto1978

Sep 9, 2011
Huawei Mate 10
OnePlus 8 Pro
great work!thanks!
PS
could you add screen color tweak support?:rolleyes:

Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda premium

Please don't ask for more features. They will come ONLY when i will be able to understand how the modification work .sorry.

Good Work ;) i like thanks for your great kernel ,but lol it is possible to have version with stock bootlogo (SAMSUNG GALAXY NOTE 2 ?)please or one fix if it possible ?

No. Deal with it :D :D :D
@all thanks for giving this kernel a try!

Woschdi

Mar 2, 2012
Please don't ask for more features. They will come ONLY when i will be able to understand how the modification work .sorry.

Thanks for the kernel ... looks pretty awesome so far :good: :D

I like the new splashscreen pretty much - makes the phone more individual than normal Note :eek: :good:

I don´t want to ask for more features, don´t get me wrong. If it is possible will there be the possibility in future versions to support triangle away. So the counter will be displayed and triangle will reset it on every boot ;)

Kepp up the good work!

Reactions: umberto1978

umberto1978

Sep 9, 2011
Huawei Mate 10
OnePlus 8 Pro
Thanks for the kernel ... looks pretty awesome so far :good: :D

I like the new splashscreen pretty much - makes the phone more individual than normal Note :eek: :good:

I don´t want to ask for more features, don´t get me wrong. If it is possible will there be the possibility in future versions to support triangle away. So the counter will be displayed and triangle will reset it on every boot ;)

Kepp up the good work!

Triangle away support is what i need just now. So yes it is scheduled for next release.

rraaka

Sep 8, 2010
wow, first kernel to root stock rom ! is it signed ? can be flashed with stock recovery ?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    onlinelogomaker-090313-1938.png

This kernel is the result of a study aimed at achieving a balance between performance, efficiency in resource consumption and stability of use.
    In any case I do not have the presumption to say that I reached the goal, for two reasons: it is still a project work - in - progress and secondly keep in mind that I am simply a person with a minimum of experience that attempts to understand how does a linux kernel and above all trying to figure out what are the implications of the introduction of a change compared to another.

The latest builds from are intended to use with any Samsung JellyBean 4.3 rom (stock or custom), so please see full details on download section in this post to avoid confusion, thanks.

Here is the complete features set at the actual date build,

- CPU Boost driver

- SELinux state is disabled
    WARNING: in case you want to switch to a different kernel that lead to SELinux permissive or enforcing mode you MUST reflash your rom entirely and then flash a different kernel. SELinux needs to boot on a labeled system: until you run a disabled selinux kernel labeling is NOT present and system will refuse to work unless you perform a labeling again.
    Be aware.

2. Undervolt
    4. Many optimizations
    5. Fade led notification
    10. Disabled many logs
    12. Frandom built-in
    14. Boeffla sound engine
    15. Post-init tweaks

- Rewritten all the scripts to use SpeedWizz Manager app to configure almost every feature of the kernel, enjoy!

Known issues:

- Touchwake, especially the slide2wake feature, is not working properly: sometimes device maybe un-responsive

SpeedWizz kernel 01/22

Changelogs from version 01/17

- More workaround to gain stability and exactly:
    - input: evdev: Move wake_lock_destroy call
    - ext4: prevent kernel panic in case of uninitialized jinode
    - updated toolchain to 4.7.4 (target linux kernel 3.0.101, the actual kernel state)

- Boeffla-Sound: Engine 1.6.5

- mmc: disable crc for better performance

- Added some script to handle GPU threshold (psndna88 for inspiration)

- When flashing zip version from recovery you will get a backup of init.d folder BEFORE this will get erased, directly on your internal sd card.

DOWNLOADS

INSTALLATION​

Download kernel as zip archive and put in recovery. Reboot in recovery and wipe your cache. If you are switching trough kernel compiled with different toolchain a wipe dalvik-cache is also suggested. Flash kernel and reboot.

If you are using Odin (mobile or desktop) than download kernel as TAR archive. Reboot in recovery once time to wipe cache and (optional) dalvik-cache. Turn yor phone off and rebbot in download mode. Attach usb port to a PC (make sure you have installed proper drivers) and open Odin program as administrator: connect phone to usb cable and wait for communication port initializing. Now select from PDA tab the TAR file with the kernel and click on start. Wait for the process until it ends and when your phone reboot de-tach usb cable. Enjoy!

HOW TO USE​

To configure kernel parameters you can use SpeedWizz Manager inlcuded application. This app is based on the original script manager written by HMCarbide (thanks for let me use).
    After flashing the kernel in /res/scripts (on the root of the ramdisk) will be stored many scripts that, when selected using the app, will be loaded in init.d folder and will be executed instantly. For each option selected corresponds a script. This is a work in progress, and in future will be added many more option to let configure the kernel for almost all the supported features.

NOTE1: The options selected will be operational ALSO at each reboot. If you accidentally have enabled some weird option (too many low voltages for example) to make your device boot properly you may need to reset the init.d folder and remove all scripts from here. JUST reflash the kernel using RECOVERY: in updater-script there is a command that will remove totally init.d folder and his contents.
    At next boot, kernel will create a new folder.

NOTE2: To enable logcat just run speedwizz manager application and hit the check box related. Reboot and use logcat normally. To disable open application and deselect that option: at next boot logcat is disabled (this is the default setting).

NOTE3: Kernel comes with autoroot. So if you don't care of counter increments you can flash this on top of a stock rom to obtain root and busybox. On the other side, if your phone is already rooted or have busybox or both, the root process is bypassed leaving untouched the situation.
    To disable root (for example to use SkyGo application or similar) just create an empty file called
    Code:
    noroot
    in your sdcard and reboot. At next boot kernel will remove root feature TOTALLY. To re-enable root just delete this file (of course you can use stock file manager to do this, no root needed :p ) and reboot again.
    This feature is currently unavailable

CREDITS​

The speedwizz kernel includes many patches from other experienced developers. Keep in mind that ALL commits in my github are already credited in detailed and proper way.
    Anyway here is a list of people that i would to thank for their awesome work.

- AndreiLux (for gpucontrols, SDS and exynos exploit fixes)
    - DerTeufel1980 (GPU interface on OSRC Update 3 and many fixes)
    - GokhanMoral (for PegasusQ governor tweaks and other patches)
    - Simone201 (main linux version updating, several patches and boeffla sound control)
    - Hardcore (speedmod S3 patches used for my initial kernel releases)
    - ptmr3 (for Overclock interface)
    - psndna88 (many patches here and there)
    - Googy_anas (some ideas and patches)
    - AndiP (Boeffla sound mod and application)
    - Angelom (my favourite developer)
    - Faux123 (dynamic fsynch and many patches)
    - FranciscoFranco (main linux kernel patches updates)
    - Netharchy (Gpu control)
    - Wanam (undervolt interfaces)
    - Sakuramilk (for custom boot logo inspiration)
    - Pluccio (Tester)
    - loudness79 (tester)
    - Acr101 (for suggestions across kernel testing and governor tweaks)
    - HMCarbide (for his awesome script manager application
    - Stratosk (for his customization scripts)
    - Sarcastillo (many patches and ideas)
    - Chainfire (Superuser and for being God of root)
    - Nazar78 (for bootanimation support)

A special thanks to my voyage companions of the Blue Oyster Team
    - Giuros77
    - Janobifronte
    - Crisgen
    - Picciotto

Reminder: You can find all credited developers directly on kernel page and in my github. If i forgotten anyone please advise me

SpeedWizz Kernel is powered by Blue Oyster Team

e9k6.jpg

XDA:DevDB Information
    SpeedWizz N2 , a Kernel for the Samsung Galaxy Note II

Contributors
    umberto1978, simone201,AndiP,AndreiLux,DerTeufel1980, GokhanMoral,Hardcore, psndna88, ptmr3,Googy_anas,Angelom,Faux123,FranciscoFranco,Netharchy,Wanam,Sakuramilk,Pluccio,loudness79,Acr101,HMCarbide,Stratosk,Sarcastillo,Chainfire,Nazar78
    Kernel Special Features: Support only for samsung based roms, custom boot animation support, HardFloat and NEON support, ARM specific CPU topology, Overclock, Undervolt, GPU control, EXFAT, Linaro toolchain 4.7.4, Custom Boot Logo.

Version Information
    Beta Release Date: 2014-01-22

Created 2013-09-24
    Last Updated 2014-01-27
    Reserved

old changes log

SpeedWizz kernel 09/30

Patched mm/shmem.c to avoid several memory leaks caused by mpol allocated memory, errors parsing remount options will leaked mpol and multiple mpol per mount leak mpol. Credits as per related commit. Follow the link on description.

Trying a proper way to optimize kernel resources usage. From gokhan moral source tree.

With this modification we now use more undervolt (less voltage level) for Gpu and running stable.
    Before applying this patch, I can't use even -25 Mv. Now i can reach *a stable -75 Mv without crash neither graphics glitches.
    Anyway, at the moment, *the undervolt scripts in ramdisk are the same of the previous release.

When the lowest frequencies are used, we are in a light load use case and we increase the cpu capacity to keep these light tasks on CPU0. This patch was originally used by AndreiLux in his Perseus, and i think it could be implemented to reach a better balance between performances and battery life.

With this modification we now should, i repeat SHOULD, be able to use the same power output for both A/C and USB charging case. And also we should be able to set our custom power level for both.
    Default is disabled, you can use speedwizz manager to set things as desired.*
    PLEASE IGNORE THE OUTPUT PRINTED BY TRICKSTERMOD, i will investigate why it show an ENABLED message despite the real state of the sysfs interface.
    Also you should know that for your safety i deliberately omitted the option to enable FAILSAFE: It can be used to *allow anything up to 2.1A to be used as AC / USB custom current. The sysfs interface is there but there isn't a script to manage this option because i think it's too dangerous for your data. Use it at your own risk.

- Linux 3.0.74

- RAMDISK: Corrected almost all scripts to let show the coerent increasing order as per choice.

- RAMDISK: fixed the scripts for sched_mc_pwersavings, now will echoes the correct values.

- RAMDISK: simplified the GPU overclock scripts removing the frequencies steps from description choiche menu (i noticed overlapp between values). Now you will see only Low, Medium, High, High+, High++.*

- RAMDISK: Made the Zipallign feature as optional. Use the speedwizz manager to manage the feature.

- RAMDISK: removed the option for manage the gentle_fair_sleepers, as this debug feature is totally removed since 24/09 release, sorry for the inconvenience.

speedwizz kernel 09/24

changelogs from version 09/17

- enabled hardfloat and neon kernel support
    we have an arm v7 architecture machine, so i think it's better to unleash his power, to gain optimum performances;

- sched/nohz: Rewrite, fix and add more accurate load-avg computation

- updated linaro toolchain to 4.7.4.

- enabled veno tcp congestion and set as default. Now you have three kind: Veno, reno and cubic.

- linux 3.0.70

- rwsem: Tons of optimizations. Read/write semaphores are very important in linux kernel and give those the correct attention can give best overall performance. To gain more details on what i introduced (patches are from other developers) give a sneakpeak to my github.

- lib/memcopy: Use glibc version.
    Glibc of linux memcpy and memmove are way better than the standard one. Pure efficience.

- asynchronous i/o latency: Removed the plug from do_io_submit, to gain improvement on i/o latency

- cpu-supported unaligned accesses: Enabled one of the critical performance feature of our arm v7.

- input: Send events one packet at a time. On heavy event loads, such as a multitouch driver, the irqsoff latency can be very high. And trasferring those data after accumulating in a frame can reduce the latency a lot.

- dynamic fsync: Many fixes and improvements from latest faux123's commits. Updated to version 1.2.

- mali: Gpu control: Introduced voltage and clock control sysfs interface, major credits to andreilux and simone201;

- mali: Reduce utilization sampling timeout. Reduced the time needed by the kernel to make computation on mali usage.

- let the asv settings be applied at init process, during boot.

- added more gpu frequencies. Also restored the default steps configuration and modified the related asv tables.

- disabled haptic debug

- enabled exfat. Those are the new samsung opensource drivers for exfat. No performance or efficency loss, despite few debug features enabled on kernel configuration.
    Many thanks to my friends loudness79 and pluccio, for the beta testing.

- enabled sched_mc_powersavings support.

- ramdisk - rewritten all the scripts to let the application interface be more comprehensible and immediate. Also to avoid selecting more of one option for the same cathegory.

- ramdisk - added the new mali scripts to control gpu. Now we can select various level of overclock and also we can select different sets of voltage to be applied for all 5 gpu steps. Voltage settings are dynamic: No need to re-apply after frequency modifications. Too high clock and too low voltages can give instability. You've been warned ;)

- ramdisk - added new script to manage the sched_mc_power savings. Default seto to 0 (disabled)
    Please read all the entire post, before flashing anything.

SpeedWizz kernel Beta 01/17

Changelogs from version 10/8

- CPU Boost driver

- SELinux is present but it's disabled at each boot.
    Be aware.

2. Undervolt
    4. Many optimizations
    5. Fade led notification
    10. Disabled many logs
    12. Frandom built-in
    14. Boeffla sound engine
    15. Post-init tweaks

- Rewritten all the scripts to make them working with the new kernel code (due to some changes on GPU Overclock and undervolt). You can use the embedded app to configure almost every feature of the kernel, enjoy!

Known issues:

- One of my testers and in random situation had suffer of random kernel reboot. Actually i am trying to understand on wich line of code the issue is addressed. In case of spontaneous hard reboot (kernel panic) the kernel will automatically dump a last_kmsg and then reboot itself (remember: this log will be dumped ONLY in case of kernel spontaneous reboot, if you force reboot (in freeze case) YOU will give kernel the command to reboot, so last_kmsg is unuseful).

Unfortunately i do NOT have any problem, kernel runs great and without any issue :mad:

Anyway, in case of problems of this kind, please report:

1. Your actual rom
    2. Your bootloader
    3. Attach the log

To grab you last_kmsg, pick terminal emulator from playstore and:

Code:
    su (enter)

cat /proc/last_kmsg > /sdcard/reboot.txt

Then open your archive manager and pick your log.

Flash at your own risk as always, but doing a nandroid backup you are OK to return back to a working state (in case of problem), so don't be a smurf and lets give a try to this kernel :victory: :p

Thank you guys!
    FYI for those using other variants of the Note II:

Tried Speedwizz Kernel on a rooted T889 (T-mobile Note II) running Tweaked 2.5 (TW/Samsung based ROM). Phone seemed snappy enough, but no mobile network signal detected, despite two dalvik/cache wipes.

I hope the T889 will be supported in the future.

Sorry to say but i do not want to work for something designed for a device i don't own. Very sorry, but i prefer to not do it. I hope you understand....

And a new updated kernel image is up for testing. Here is a changelog.

SpeedWizz kernel 09/30

Before applying this patch, I can't use even -25 Mv. Now i can reach a stable -75 Mv without crash neither graphics glitches.
    Anyway, at the moment, the undervolt scripts in ramdisk are the same of the previous release.

Default is disabled, you can use speedwizz manager to set things as desired.
    Also you should know that for your safety i deliberately omitted the option to enable FAILSAFE: It can be used to allow anything up to 2.1A to be used as AC / USB custom current. The sysfs interface is there but there isn't a script to manage this option because i think it's too dangerous for your data. Use it at your own risk.

- Linux 3.0.74

- RAMDISK: simplified the GPU overclock scripts removing the frequencies steps from description choiche menu (i noticed overlapp between values). Now you will see only Low, Medium, High, High+, High++.

- RAMDISK: Made the Zipallign feature as optional. Use the speedwizz manager to manage the feature DEFAULT DISABLED.

You can find all in first page and in my blog as always.
    New beta release in few days

4pxq.jpg