• XDA Forums have been migrated to XenForo. We are aware of several issues including missing threads, logins not working, and more. To discuss, use this thread.
  • If you are experiencing issues logging in, we moved to a new and more secure software and older account passwords were not able to be migrated. We recommend trying to reset your password, then contacting us if there are issues.

[KERNEL] Semaphore JB 3.3.0 / KK 3.4.3

BoBoGrEy

Jun 29, 2010
Porto
Hello guys...

I don't know if this has already been answered but in last Semaphore versions I lost vibration on Viber messages...
I tried in SlimBean, CM10 and Mackay with 2.3.0/2.4.0/2.4.4 and the sympton is the same...If I use other kernel it works...

Do u guys have the same problem?? Any solution??

Thanks in advance..,

mindphaser2k9

May 21, 2009
Poltava
Mine is very strange

When i just turn on the phone ,then leave it there for a moment, it shows some value in stats

However,the stats number never increase anymore

even after a whole night
DeepIdle shouldn't work when a phone sleeps. It should work when the phone is active but screen is off, for instance when you listen music.

stratosk

Recognized Developer
Mar 3, 2011
Thessaloniki
www.semaphore.gr
Yeah, this way it works!
But somehow it is not persisted for me. I mean I tried to call my provider's automated services, put the phone call in background, open the in-call settings and increased them, I hear that volume increased. So far so good. But next time I call, I hear the volume is default again nevertheless settings still show maximum value of 3. Also for me all adjustors can increase/decrease ear volume, I mean I change Bluetooth volume and hear that earpiece volume is changed though I don't use BT (though this is not a problem for me but maybe this can help to figure out what happens).
Can you please check if volume persists for you (I mean not settings but what you hear)? And if everything is ok for you, what would you suggest me to check?
You are right. I can confirm that something's wrong there.
I will check it. Though, I'm too lazy to fix it, if it is not something obvious... :)

Stratosk,

Using your kernel from ICS, damn good. On AOKP build 5 OCed 110% doing great.

A (very) small donation from me. (Yet to get this month's my paycheck )

Confirmation number: 97069611E08098604.

Keep your good work.
Thanks so much, my friend! Don't worry, it's not "(very) small". Believe me, it's more than enough and much appreciated!

great work!!!

but.....................................what an ugly logo!! :D
Thanks, but I love the new logo. I like the fact that It's symbolic and minimal.

I mean that many people had problem with deep idle.

Inviato dal mio GT-I9000 con Tapatalk 2
Yes, some people still have (and will have) issues with deep idle. Just try it, if you will have problem just disable it.

ryuzaki_eru

Jul 14, 2011

Yes, some people still have (and will have) issues with deep idle. Just try it, if you will have problem just disable it.
How come some people has problems and others does not?

For me deep idle crash sms app and delete all my messages.

przemek211

Feb 1, 2010
few questions about Semaphore.
First of all. Really great development, I appreciate :)
However, it's a pity that kernel doesn't support two-way call recording (semaphore could be still the first for I9000 :) )
Moreover, is there any explanation about features? I'm sorry, but "TUN", "CIFS" don't say me anything. Actually, most of features tells me nothing. CPU's options are probably not for me, but should I use the scheduler? What about WiFi PM Fast? Fast charge (why on own risk and how it is better?)
And one other. On the Semaphore's webpage (FAQ section) we can still read about voodoo color and green flash small issue. I think it was much better than stocks quality. Why it is not longer supported?

stratosk

Recognized Developer
Mar 3, 2011
Thessaloniki
www.semaphore.gr
How come some people has problems and others does not?

For me deep idle crash sms app and delete all my messages.

Deep idle is a feature that was ported from GB kernel and even Samsung didn't use it (or use it on latests version - I can't recall, I have to check this). So, it's somehow incomplete or buggy? There are many reports from SODs (device don't recover from deep idle).
I don't know why it works for some people and not for other.

Anyway, it's the first report I read in this forum that deep idle make an app crash. Please don't use it, if it causes issues for you.

few questions about Semaphore.
First of all. Really great development, I appreciate :)
However, it's a pity that kernel doesn't support two-way call recording (semaphore could be still the first for I9000 :) )
Moreover, is there any explanation about features? I'm sorry, but "TUN", "CIFS" don't say me anything. Actually, most of features tells me nothing. CPU's options are probably not for me, but should I use the scheduler? What about WiFi PM Fast? Fast charge (why on own risk and how it is better?)
And one other. On the Semaphore's webpage (FAQ section) we can still read about voodoo color and green flash small issue. I think it was much better than stocks quality. Why it is not longer supported?
Thanks for your comments.
I'm sorry, not in my plans to implement support for 2-way call recording.
About your question about the features: I admit that many of them are undocumented in the site (or the documentation is poor or outdated). I do my best to document them, but as I always say my free time is limited.
I always prefer development from writing documentation (although, I try for it). No offence at all, but I believe that when you flash a custom kernel in your device, maybe you should put some effort to search about the different features that it offers, and experiment with them. There is plenty of information in this thread and this forum.

Anyway, thanks for your feedback, in my plans to write a documention about the features.

For TUN and CIFS please read this http://www.semaphore.gr/how-to/use-modules-and-scripts
About different schedulers, you can safely experiment to find the most suitable for you (or leave the default one)
WiFi PM_FAST: WiFi driver have 2 different modes of operation. PM_MAX (saves battery) and PM_FAST (better performance). When the screen goes off PM_MAX is used. When screen on PM_FAST is used. You may select the PM_FAST option in Semaphore Manager if you want to have PM_FAST on both cases.
Fast charge makes the device to pull max current from USB and it charges faster. I thought that it might be risky, thus the warning. Nobody reported issues so far. Please note that selecting this option does not enable the feature itself. It just enable support for fast charge. You need to enable explicitly from your ROM settings (or a widget).
Finally, I was never fun of Voodoo Color (and colors generally :) ). CM colors are fine for me, so I never implemented VC in ICS and JB kernels.

ZioGTS

Jun 11, 2011
Stratosk is amazing. He just wrote a great guide for his kernel in a single post, and still says sorry because his kernel lacks documentation. Isn't this more that enough? Most devs will never write half as much and still be convinced they provided all the details... Thanks Strat! :thumbup:

przemek211

Feb 1, 2010
Thanks for your reply @stratosk
2WCR is important feature for many people, e.g. in business contacts. I'm just curious why you are not going to implement this, but obviously it's your decision.
You are right that people who flashes kernels shouldn't have a problems with find these informations. However when I was looking I just got lists of feature or advanced questions, not simple explanation. My advice is just simple comment in Manager (like about WiFi PM here) or even in the first post of that topic.

ryuzaki_eru

Jul 14, 2011
Deep idle is a feature that was ported from GB kernel and even Samsung didn't use it (or use it on latests version - I can't recall, I have to check this). So, it's somehow incomplete or buggy? There are many reports from SODs (device don't recover from deep idle).

Anyway, it's the first report I read in this forum that deep idle make an app crash. Please don't use it, if it causes issues for you.
Maybe depends on ROM? BTW i can be the first user on this forum, but in another places there are peoples with deep idle problem.

Maybe the crash is caused from deep idle because i have almost 9.000sms. I don't know if other users have a lot of messages like me.

Ramanjit81

Sep 14, 2010
Great work Stratosk.

Thanks for your comments.
I'm sorry, not in my plans to implement support for 2-way call recording.
About your question about the features: I admit that many of them are undocumented in the site (or the documentation is poor or outdated). I do my best to document them, but as I always say my free time is limited.
I always prefer development from writing documentation (although, I try for it). No offence at all, but I believe that when you flash a custom kernel in your device, maybe you should put some effort to search about the different features that it offers, and experiment with them. There is plenty of information in this thread and this forum.

Anyway, thanks for your feedback, in my plans to write a documention about the features.

For TUN and CIFS please read this http://www.semaphore.gr/how-to/use-modules-and-scripts
About different schedulers, you can safely experiment to find the most suitable for you (or leave the default one)
WiFi PM_FAST: WiFi driver have 2 different modes of operation. PM_MAX (saves battery) and PM_FAST (better performance). When the screen goes off PM_MAX is used. When screen on PM_FAST is used. You may select the PM_FAST option in Semaphore Manager if you want to have PM_FAST on both cases.
Fast charge makes the device to pull max current from USB and it charges faster. I thought that it might be risky, thus the warning. Nobody reported issues so far. Please note that selecting this option does not enable the feature itself. It just enable support for fast charge. You need to enable explicitly from your ROM settings (or a widget).
Finally, I was never fun of Voodoo Color (and colors generally :) ). CM colors are fine for me, so I never implemented VC in ICS and JB kernels.
Hello Stratosk.

I completely agree with other posters that you very helpful indeed. I do not intend misuing your liberty, but may I suggest that you put the above info in the OP and or your website so these questions are not asked of you again.

May be it will save some of your time.

Thanks once again for the brilliant kernel and even better support.

Reactions: stratosk

Helloworld294

Feb 25, 2012
Vancouver
Brother stratosk, im really having a bad luck.....

Like a said earlier, i would try it from a fresh clean, so what a did was: (i have a I9000B model,ok)

1)flash a recovery froyo stock
2)flash a stock gingerbread
3)flash via odin the file to CWM: CF-Root-XX_OXA_JVK-v2.7-CWM3RFS.tar
4)In CWM wipe all /factory reset -> wipe cache
5)Install zip from sd card and then CM10 22 nighlty
6)Install zip from sd card and then gapps
7)Install zip from sd card and then the Semaphore_JB_2.4.4.zip
8)Reboot system and touch, keypad and home arent responsive....

what i did wrong?? sorry botter u like this!
You should flash via Odin froyo stock with repartition ticked

Sent from the beast that ate my sisters iPhone 4S.