• XDA Forums have been migrated to XenForo. We are aware of several issues including missing threads, logins not working, and more. To discuss, use this thread.
  • If you are experiencing issues logging in, we migrated and software and made it more secure. We recommend trying to reset your password.

[KERNEL] Semaphore N4 3.4.2

ZioGTS

Jun 11, 2011
Hey @stratosk, I'm enjoying your great kernel since i9000, and I'm firmly convinced you're a great developer. Additionally, I always appreciated your attitude and politeness, and admired your committment to help every single user here on XDA. Here's my small incentive: 9N677119FR0284735. You're a real gentlemen, and I felt it was about time to do it - you deserve every single penny, man! ;)

stratosk

Recognized Developer
Mar 3, 2011
Thessaloniki
www.semaphore.gr
Hey @stratosk, I'm enjoying your great kernel since i9000, and I'm firmly convinced you're a great developer. Additionally, I always appreciated your attitude and politeness, and admired your committment to help every single user here on XDA. Here's my small incentive: 9N677119FR0284735. You're a real gentlemen, and I felt it was about time to do it - you deserve every single penny, man! ;)
Thank you very much, my friend!
I can't find the words, to thank you for your great help!
Thank you so much for your so kind words!!! Reading your post (in a difficult time period for me) makes me want to keep trying for Semaphore project
for ever!

Thank you!

snak3ater

Recognized Contributor
Jul 31, 2012
Land of Pathans

vampire36

May 11, 2011
Pune
Yes. Next time you turn off the screen without power button.
In semaphore though there is no s2s. So, the only way it can sleep otherwise is timeout and double tap statusbar in some roms
So in semaphore it would not be of much use :)

(in my understanding)
Na na there is a bit of confusion....
This how it works...through the day...
You can switch off the phone using any way...say double tap to status bar...some app or time out...or navigation button set to screen off....it would turn off...
Dt2w would remain on...and work no problem...
But now imagine you going to sleep or some meeting and know won't need dt2w for hours...so just use power button to lock the phone and dt2w is disbled...
Saving battery in standby....
Finally next time when you switch on the screen with power button...dt2w is reenabled....
Then depending on how you lock the phone your dt2w will remain enabled or disabled....
I hope that explain power key suspend....
Very helpful at nights just before you go off to sleep....:)

Last edited:

twowheeler

Sep 4, 2011
Na na there is a bit of confusion....
This how it works...through the day...
You can switch off the phone using any way...say double tap to status bar...some app or time out...or navigation button set to screen off....it would turn off...
Dt2w would remain on...and work no problem...
But now imagine you going to sleep or some meeting and know won't need dt2w for hours...so just use power button to lock the phone and dt2w is disbled...
Saving battery in standby....
Finally next time when you switch on the screen with power button...dt2w is reenabled....
Then depending on how you lock the phone your dt2w will remain enabled or disabled....
I hope that explain power key suspend....
Very helpful at nights just before you go off to sleep....:)
Best explanation I've read so far. Thanks! Really does sound like a handy feature

Our Apps
Get our official app! (coming soon)
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone