[KERNEL] Semi-Stock Kernel for Galaxy S8 and S8+ (Snapdragon)

Search This thread

eddie1.tw

Feb 11, 2016
Reset my device, installed AQG6 OTA and then installed TWRP, the kernel and magisk wihout any issue

---------- Post added at 09:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:31 PM ----------

Any chance to get us a more modern kernel with better battery life tweaks? ;) Or simply compiled with optimized flags?

I follow the steps, reset my SM-G9550, flash AQG6 OTA (didn't flash BL, otherwise "sw rev check fail, abl fused 2 binary 1" error message appears), flash TWRP, flash the kernel (I do not know What is your kernel, so I flash no-verify-opt-encrypt-6.0) and magisk v16.

After rebooting, the screen displays an "Authentication failed," error message, and it will not restart automatically after several reboots.

Can someone tell me where am I doing wrong?

Thanks and many greatful
picture here :
imgur.com/a/qPfXEN1

Last edited:

ygecesefa

Nov 16, 2010
Erzurum
Alright, I did more confirmation, still no luck.
My phone is galaxy s8 sm-g9500 china mainland variant, snapdragon. I got the source code from here ( http://opensource.samsung.com/reception/receptionSub.do?method=sub&sub=F&searchValue=sm-g9500). I tried all 3 versions except the HK one.
To compile it, I used these commands:
Code:
export CROSS_COMPILE=/home/liu/android-ndk-r14b/toolchains/aarch64-linux-android-4.9/prebuilt/linux-x86_64/bin/aarch64-linux-android-
export ARCH=arm64
mkdir out
export OUTPUT_DIR=out
make -C $(pwd) O=$(pwd)/out KCFLAGS=-mno-android dreamqlte_chn_open_defconfig
make -C $(pwd) O=$(pwd)/out KCFLAGS=-mno-android -j16
Then I got the 'Image', 'Image.gz' and 'Image.gz-dtb' 3 kernel files. Next, use the 'mkbootimg_tools' from github to unpack the stock boot.img, edit the files in ramdisk, and repack the boot.img with one of the image files. I tried both 'Image.gz' and 'Image.gz-dtb'. The first one boot into download mode instantly, the second stuck there, both of them are shown a 'kernel is not seandroid enforcing' message. It doesn't show any hope to get work...

Hey how did yoıu solved The issue.Same I am trying for note 8 HK variant.

xdauser'17

Jun 27, 2017
Hey how did yoıu solved The issue.Same I am trying for note 8 HK variant.

Haven't found any solutions yet... I've stopped the pointless trying for now, cuz it doesn't seem to work without modifications to the code or the Makefile, I think.
Right now, there're two cases that may be helpful for me - either if I can find someway to make a patch to the linux kernel to let it save the boot logs into a file, so it will show what the hell is going on; or someone may send me a boot.img for the mainland variant, which is compiled in the same way that worked for HK variant, then I will check if it'll actually work and maybe can get some new clues?
As always, ANY help would be VERY appreciated. :)

ygecesefa

Nov 16, 2010
Erzurum
Haven't found any solutions yet... I've stopped the pointless trying for now, cuz it doesn't seem to work without modifications to the code or the Makefile, I think.
Right now, there're two cases that may be helpful for me - either if I can find someway to make a patch to the linux kernel to let it save the boot logs into a file, so it will show what the hell is going on; or someone may send me a boot.img for the mainland variant, which is compiled in the same way that worked for HK variant, then I will check if it'll actually work and maybe can get some new clues?
As always, ANY help would be VERY appreciated. :)
there are two devs tomtolei and aurora rom's devs they are compiling their own kernel from the source of these snaodragon devices.There is some kind of security or signature s check feature on the codes it prevent to boot I think .
I contacted lots of dev but they dont want to help.So I didnt contact tomatolei because he have premium rom so I dont think so If he want to help.Do you have telegram or smthg?I am keeping resaearch lets work together.My custom rom work stopped beacuse of this custom orginal kernel issue.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Semi-Stock Kernel
    for Galaxy S8 and S8+ (Snapdragon)

LICENSE:
    Kernel sources:
    GPL 2.0: https://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-2.0.html

Kernel binaries, patches to system, ramdisk modifications, etc.:
    Code:
    You can use, mirror, modify and/or integrate it/them with your own works, WITHOUT inform me, subject to the following conditions:
    1. Credit MUST be given. (a possible form: thanks *** for ***)
    2. Warranty is NOT provided. I am not responsible for any possible losses. 
    3. Authorization may be TERMINATED for selected person without prior notice under certain conditions (subject to my sole discretion). 
    4. Above conditions must be preserved. (You have the responsibilities to inform your users about these conditions. A possible way is to add "LICENSE: (link to this post)" to "thanks *** for ***")

Features:
    • Kernel Security Features, Root Restrictions are DISABLED
    • Versioning: RELEASE x

Download:
    RELEASE 1:
    https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=961840155545582162

NOTE:
    1. You need to flash root package (Magisk or SuperSU) AFTER flash kernel if you want root access.

Show your appreciation:
    Click Thanks!, Rate 5-star or/and Donate to me. ;)

Get informed about news and updates:
    Join Official Telegram Channel

XDA:DevDB Information
    Jesse's Kernel for Galaxy S8 and S8+ (Snapdragon), Kernel for the Samsung Galaxy S8

Contributors
    jesec
    Source Code: https://github.com/jesec/android_kernel_samsung_msm8998

Kernel Special Features:

Version Information

Created 2017-07-16
    Last Updated 2017-07-16
    173992641623209104%253Faccount_id%253D0

So franken kernel is alive atm I also got magisk running :) gotta package it up and fix it on a source level but if you wanted a super jankety version i can have on up :)
    oK first time I didnt so I redid all the steps and installed your image to boot.
    phone boots but when you restart it manually it shows secutity Error screen and the phone does not start.

I will need to use Odin again.
    Let it sit at that Seandroid error it will boot eventually
    Anybody onboard to take part of a bounty to have a working kernel for S8+ 128Gb HK? Seems like Jesec is not around anymore and I am definitely willing to pay to have magisk working on my S8+
    Add me for 20. I think we won't be long to reach a decent sum (for "just" a kernel)
    Just got the device, the reason that the kernel wont boot is due to a partitioning issue with the fstab. When my device arrives i should hopefully begin working on a kernel :) stay tuned!
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone