[KERNEL] Semi-Stock Kernel for Galaxy S8 and S8+ (Snapdragon)

Search This thread

jesec

Inactive Recognized Developer / Contributor
Jan 29, 2015
SF Bay Area
Semi-Stock Kernel
for Galaxy S8 and S8+ (Snapdragon)

LICENSE:
Kernel sources:
GPL 2.0: https://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-2.0.html

Kernel binaries, patches to system, ramdisk modifications, etc.:
Code:
You can use, mirror, modify and/or integrate it/them with your own works, WITHOUT inform me, subject to the following conditions:
1. Credit MUST be given. (a possible form: thanks *** for ***)
2. Warranty is NOT provided. I am not responsible for any possible losses. 
3. Authorization may be TERMINATED for selected person without prior notice under certain conditions (subject to my sole discretion). 
4. Above conditions must be preserved. (You have the responsibilities to inform your users about these conditions. A possible way is to add "LICENSE: (link to this post)" to "thanks *** for ***")

Features:
  • Kernel Security Features, Root Restrictions are DISABLED
  • Versioning: RELEASE x

Download:
RELEASE 1:
https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=961840155545582162

NOTE:
1. You need to flash root package (Magisk or SuperSU) AFTER flash kernel if you want root access.

Show your appreciation:
Click Thanks!, Rate 5-star or/and Donate to me. ;)

Get informed about news and updates:
Join Official Telegram Channel

XDA:DevDB Information
Jesse's Kernel for Galaxy S8 and S8+ (Snapdragon), Kernel for the Samsung Galaxy S8

Contributors
jesec
Source Code: https://github.com/jesec/android_kernel_samsung_msm8998

Kernel Special Features:

Version Information

Created 2017-07-16
Last Updated 2017-07-16

joemill

I followed your whole guide word for word twice and was able to odin the QF7 to allow the 1.0.6 official version of CROM to unlock my phone which Is a s8+ SM-G9550 6gb RAM/128gb model I bought off of amazon.
TWRP flashed no problem and I was able to hold vol up bixby and power to boot right into the TWRP. I then wiped data, rebooted recover,(skiped to part3), then flashed this kernel, then magisk 13.3.
Finally I click reboot system and my phone hangs on"Set warranty bit: Kernel"
Im going to Odin QE7 from scratch again and just try to install the TWRP and see if the phone will work without root and your kernel for now =(

As a follow up I am able to just flash the t dm-verity and force encryption disabler and boot the phone just fine.

So Either the kernel is not working with my s8+ SM-G9550 6gb RAM/128gb model or magisk 13.3

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Attachments

• dmesg.log
    316.3 KB · Views: 131
  • recovery.log
    21.1 KB · Views: 74
Last edited:

Alcibiade

Dec 23, 2006
New York
I followed your whole guide word for word twice and was able to odin the QF7 to allow the 1.0.6 official version of CROM to unlock my phone which Is a s8+ SM-G9550 6gb RAM/128gb model I bought off of amazon.
TWRP flashed no problem and I was able to hold vol up bixby and power to boot right into the TWRP. I then wiped data, rebooted recover,(skiped to part3), then flashed this kernel, then magisk 13.3.
Finally I click reboot system and my phone hangs on"Set warranty bit: Kernel"
Im going to Odin QE7 from scratch again and just try to install the TWRP and see if the phone will work without root and your kernel for now =(

As a follow up I am able to just flash the t dm-verity and force encryption disabler and boot the phone just fine.

So Either the kernel is not working with my s8+ SM-G9550 6gb RAM/128gb model or magisk 13.3

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Same for me (I thought my phone was bricked actually)

tomogo

Nov 12, 2007
Prague
www.tomogo.cz
Hi, LTE and VoLTE doesn't work for me on SM-G950F. When I installed official boot.img everything works fine.My mistake, sorry.

Last edited:

hazmad

Aug 29, 2010
Mass.
@jesec Does this work for locked bootloader (G955U)?

not sure if it's safe to use this with flashfire. thought it'd be better to ask, then to brick.

Alcibiade

Dec 23, 2006
New York
Anybody onboard to take part of a bounty to have a working kernel for S8+ 128Gb HK? Seems like Jesec is not around anymore and I am definitely willing to pay to have magisk working on my S8+

Reactions: k.erik. and joemill

joemill

Reactions: Alcibiade

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Semi-Stock Kernel
    for Galaxy S8 and S8+ (Snapdragon)

LICENSE:
    Kernel sources:
    GPL 2.0: https://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-2.0.html

Kernel binaries, patches to system, ramdisk modifications, etc.:
    Code:
    You can use, mirror, modify and/or integrate it/them with your own works, WITHOUT inform me, subject to the following conditions:
    1. Credit MUST be given. (a possible form: thanks *** for ***)
    2. Warranty is NOT provided. I am not responsible for any possible losses. 
    3. Authorization may be TERMINATED for selected person without prior notice under certain conditions (subject to my sole discretion). 
    4. Above conditions must be preserved. (You have the responsibilities to inform your users about these conditions. A possible way is to add "LICENSE: (link to this post)" to "thanks *** for ***")

Features:
    • Kernel Security Features, Root Restrictions are DISABLED
    • Versioning: RELEASE x

Download:
    RELEASE 1:
    https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=961840155545582162

NOTE:
    1. You need to flash root package (Magisk or SuperSU) AFTER flash kernel if you want root access.

Show your appreciation:
    Click Thanks!, Rate 5-star or/and Donate to me. ;)

Get informed about news and updates:
    Join Official Telegram Channel

XDA:DevDB Information
    Jesse's Kernel for Galaxy S8 and S8+ (Snapdragon), Kernel for the Samsung Galaxy S8

Contributors
    jesec
    Source Code: https://github.com/jesec/android_kernel_samsung_msm8998

Kernel Special Features:

Version Information

Created 2017-07-16
    Last Updated 2017-07-16
    173992641623209104%253Faccount_id%253D0

So franken kernel is alive atm I also got magisk running :) gotta package it up and fix it on a source level but if you wanted a super jankety version i can have on up :)
    oK first time I didnt so I redid all the steps and installed your image to boot.
    phone boots but when you restart it manually it shows secutity Error screen and the phone does not start.

I will need to use Odin again.
    Let it sit at that Seandroid error it will boot eventually
    Anybody onboard to take part of a bounty to have a working kernel for S8+ 128Gb HK? Seems like Jesec is not around anymore and I am definitely willing to pay to have magisk working on my S8+
    Add me for 20. I think we won't be long to reach a decent sum (for "just" a kernel)
    Just got the device, the reason that the kernel wont boot is due to a partitioning issue with the fstab. When my device arrives i should hopefully begin working on a kernel :) stay tuned!