[Kernel][Sense JB] SebastianFM kernel 1.0.4

Search This thread

Mark376

Mar 3, 2013

hinxnz

Jul 21, 2009
I'm so noob so .. i don't see download link =)) . i want to flash this on viper rom .. actualy kernel i think is older cuz last update of rom was in july .
This kernel is always included in the ROM if using Revelation or ViperS v3.x It is not compatible with any other ROM available on XDA.

This is asked on almost every page of this thread. This is a dev thread, so there is no download. You can extract the boot.img from the last Revelation ROM update.

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using xda app-developers app
Just heads up if one installs the boot.img they have to use the corresponding libs too :)

@SebastianFM
You should add [DEV] or something, so everyone know this is dev thread and not asking for download

Sent From http://technolies.blogspot.com
I agree but won't stop the questions for download of kernel :D AFAIK this thread was only created to comply with rules.

SebastianFM

Dec 13, 2009
Warsaw
This kernel is always included in the ROM if using Revelation or ViperS v3.x It is not compatible with any other ROM available on XDA.

Just heads up if one installs the boot.img they have to use the corresponding libs too :)

I agree but won't stop the questions for download of kernel :D AFAIK this thread was only created to comply with rules.
No, XDA rules doesn't require creating kernel related thread. I wanted to discuss in this place about only kernel, not ROM related things.

I added this to OP:
Download
Newest kernel is always included in Revelation and ViperS updates.

Last edited:

hinxnz

Jul 21, 2009
No, XDA rules doesn't require creating kernel related thread. I wanted to discuss in this place about only kernel, not ROM related things.

I added this to OP:

Cool :good: Thats why I said AFAIK (as far as I know) and thought you mentioned that earlier but must of been someone else that did sorry :eek:

Rules are to supply link to the source code of kernel either in some thread. Correct?

urkotheone

Jul 4, 2011
@SebastianFM

Is it possible to add in kernel that notificaton LED wont stop flashing after 5 minutes and it will flash until we turn the screen on? ( like it was in all ICS kernels)

Thanks

Last edited:

TookeX

Apr 23, 2012
Random Reboots issue completely solved in 1.0.2
new kernel works better at ram management
i used 112mb cache swap with KSM on
it gives senny both speed and mutitasking
I appreciate for your great work to our Sensation

one more ask about future version of kernel
is it possible to add SIO governor to 3.4.10 Kernel?

silentvisitor

Mar 15, 2012
Hi,
I flashed ViperS 3.1.1 on my brother's Sensation. It is awesome. And now even I am thinking to get a compatible HTC device ;)

He encountered an issue regarding USB OTG. Whenever a pen drive is connected it shows few notifications and unmount device. Errors are regarding SDCard encryption and password. He has not put any encryption or password. Plz advise or fix.

Sebestian, would you kindly consider request for dual-boot. That way it could be best of both worlds - Sense and CM.

Thanks for your great work !

Last edited:

VekiCRO

Aug 4, 2011
It seems that there is no more reboots so we are ready for voltage table :D
And can you please change "thermald" values,they seems a bit to high,in this kernel/ROM they are:
thresholds 75 85 95 105
thresholds_clr 72 80 90 100

and this is the original values,from stock ICS ROM for Sensation:
thresholds 55 65 75 85
thresholds_clr 52 60 70 80

This are little tweaked from ARHD ROM:
thresholds 65 75 85 95
thresholds_clr 62 70 80 90

Reactions: monosoul

SebastianFM

Dec 13, 2009
Warsaw
It seems that there is no more reboots so we are ready for voltage table :D
And can you please change "thermald" values,they seems a bit to high,in this kernel/ROM they are:
thresholds 75 85 95 105
thresholds_clr 72 80 90 100

and this is the original values,from stock ICS ROM for Sensation:
thresholds 55 65 75 85
thresholds_clr 52 60 70 80

This are little tweaked from ARHD ROM:
thresholds 65 75 85 95
thresholds_clr 62 70 80 90
1. Voltage table interface will be included in the next release.
2. I know original thermald values, but I don't think that 75ºC is too much for CPU.

murtazasamiwala

Feb 9, 2013
Mumbai
Random Shutdowns

Hello @ivicask @SebastianFM

I am using ViperS 3.1.2, and I have been having shutdowns when battery goes below about 70%....after shutdown, the battery shows any random %...1-99.

And this problem for me is not limited to this kernel or rom...I have had it in stock as well

After the phone shuts down...it keeps shutting down again after restart till I put it for charging

From what i understand such problems are due to kernel panic...I have attached kmsg..

It would be very kind if one of you guys could help me with this

Also stuffing the battery housing with paper has been suggested to me (reason provided was possible looseness of battery)...i have tried it but no success.

Thank you.

Attachments

• kmsg.txt
    132 KB · Views: 6

ivicask

Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
May 25, 2009
Zagreb
venomroms.com

I am using ViperS 3.1.2, and I have been having shutdowns when battery goes below about 70%....after shutdown, the battery shows any random %...1-99.

And this problem for me is not limited to this kernel or rom...I have had it in stock as well

After the phone shuts down...it keeps shutting down again after restart till I put it for charging

From what i understand such problems are due to kernel panic...I have attached kmsg..

Also stuffing the battery housing with paper has been suggested to me (reason provided was possible looseness of battery)...i have tried it but no success.

Thank you.

Sorry but we cant help you, there is no such problems, therefore there is no reason to touch/fix anything in kernel.

This can only be hardware related issue, and you will need to get NEW battery, if its only battery fault..

murtazasamiwala

Feb 9, 2013
Mumbai
Sorry but we cant help you, there is no such problems, therefore there is no reason to touch/fix anything in kernel.

This can only be hardware related issue, and you will need to get NEW battery, if its only battery fault..

Yes I understand that its probably not a issue with this kernel...

but could you still check the log to see whats causing it... (i cant make heads or tails of the kernel log)

i.e heat or battery being loose etc

Bcoz it is 4 month old anker battery...so should perform fine

Thanx again

bitaktus

Sep 2, 2010
Groningen

Thank you.

Looks like massive CPU-usage.

Reactions: murtazasamiwala

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    SebastianFM kernel

Info
    • Kernel 3.4.10 based on HTC Ville C2 kernel.

Features
    • Compatible with ViperS and Revelation
    • Smoothness
    • Performance
    • Great battery life
    • Added support for overclocking (maximum CPU frequency 1836 MHz, maximum GPU frequency 320 MHz)
    • USB OTG without external power connector
    • Newest ION, ondemand governor, GPU, Android Binder and Android Low Memory Killer drivers from HTC One GE kernel
    • KSM
    • Voltage interface

Changelog

• Adjusted memory layout to fix camera issues

• Fixed crashes while taking photos
    • Added voltage interface

• Fixed issue with random kernel crashes on some devices
    • Added KSM
    • Optimized memory layout
    • Updated ION, ondemand governor, GPU, Android Binder and Android Low Memory Killer drivers from newest HTC One kernel

• Enabled swap
    • Enabled cpufreq stats
    • Added NTFS support

Download
    Newest kernel is always included in Revelation and ViperS updates.

Source code
    SebastianFM kernel source code
    Compiler: GCC 4.6
    Kernel version: 3.4.10
    defconfig: SebastianFM
    Bardzo dziękuję Sebastian!

I beg everyone to actually browse the commits on Sebastian's github. You will plainly see why this was a painstaking process to complete. He starting loading all the commits a few hours ago and completed them in a very timely manner. Each and every commit (31 in total) is well separated and easy to follow.

I know pressure was put on by other "kernel devs", but they had the option of porting this themselves from the start. Only one person (SebastianFM) actually stepped to the plate and made it happen. I would encourage all users of this kernel, and every kernel that will soon be based off of this, to show the utmost gratitude for the efforts put forth here. ;)
    SebastianFM kernel 1.0.2 changelog
    • Fixed issue with random kernel crashes on some devices
    • Added KSM
    • Optimized memory layout
    • Updated ION, ondemand governor, GPU, Android Binder and Android Low Memory Killer drivers from newest HTC One kernel
    I won't adapt my kernel for AOSP ...

... because current kernel 1.0.3 is working fine. :)

Thank you dominos_liberty for helping me with porting your CM10.2 to Sensation for testing purposes.

Camera isn't working, I'll try to adapt camera libs (these built from source code) to new ION kernel and liboemcamera.so from HTC JB.

jKuIKuvDyIT4z.png
    And now you can tell me. Do yow think it will be possible to make this awesome kernel working on AOSP? :D

Wysłane z mojego HTC Sensation za pomocą Tapatalk 4

Anything is possible ;)

attachment.php
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone