• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[KERNEL] [September 8] Pixel 3a ElementalX 3.06 (Android 11)

Search This thread

flar2

Recognized Developer
Jun 11, 2012
Southwestern Ontario
elementalx.org
I'm on the may patch, when i check for updates in EX kernel manager, it sees 3.17 as the correct kernel, but I understand that for may patch i actually want 3.16? I can see a changelog, but no way to select the appropriate kernel, I'm guessing that 3.17 won't do to well on the may patch.

Is there somewhere i can download the 3.16 kernel, and flash it through the manager?
You can use 3.17, it is compatible

Reactions: purgy

Glenn2

Jul 22, 2013
London
Bug?

I set my screen colours as follows:
Red 245
Green 245
Blue 256 (default)

I have apply on boot but when I reboot I have:
Red 245
Green 256 (default)
Blue 256 (default)

It remembers the Red one but not the Green one.

Edit: Just for info. I also have Saturation at 28 instead of 32

Last edited:

flar2

Recognized Developer
Jun 11, 2012
Southwestern Ontario
elementalx.org
Significant update to EX Kernel Manager version 5.70. Now you can choose a directory for kernel downloads and backups. This will make it a lot easier to access your kernel backups and kernel downloads.

This required a lot of refactoring and new code, so let me know if there are problems.

Reactions: Uzephi

pbanj

Dec 22, 2011
thanks for making this for the 3a. im moving onto the 5a, so if you need someone to test just let me know

nateify

Jan 5, 2013
I have a Pixel 3a on Android 11 with October OTA (11.0.0 (RQ3A.211001.001, Oct 2021)), is it safe to update to 3.18? Or will there be another final Android 11 compatible kernel?
Screenshot_20211020-182301.png

nateify

Jan 5, 2013
4.05 seems to have no issues on the Android 12 release. I don't know if there were any changes from beta 5 to release to warrant a 4.06 build.
I'm wondering if the 3.18 kernel from August still works on Android 11 October patch. I'm trying to stay on Android 11 only for some time.

magjir

Jul 7, 2013
Hi, I am on Android 12 October release and I'm not able to install a kernel. Note that I use a noew alpha zygisk (is that the problem)? :)
Screenshot_20211023-073852.png

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ElementalX Kernel
    for Pixel 3a (Sargo)
    p3890301369-11.jpg

ElementalX is designed for maximum stability. It is made for people who depend on their phone every day.

Features:
    -Optimized for performance and battery life
    -Advanced color control (RGB, hue, saturation, contrast, value, K-Lapse)
    -Block wakelocks
    -Vibration control
    -Sound control (headphones)
    -Backlight dimmer option
    -High brightness mode
    -CFQ, noop, deadline, FIOPS, SIO, maple and zen i/o schedulers
    -Adrenoboost option
    -Option to disable fsync
    -WireGuard support
    -Pass SafetyNet (with Magisk)

Installation
    1. Flash in TWRP recovery or flash directly in EX Kernel Manager

Notes

Stay up to date with EX Kernel Manager. The latest security updates are always available through the app, usually within hours of the latest OTA. EXKM can be used to configure settings, backup and flash zips and img files, run scripts and install kernel updates quickly and easily. EXKM is compatible with all devices and kernels and is the best and most complete kernel manager available.

You can also use High Brightness Mode so you can see your phone in the sun. This app unlocks the hidden hardware setting that makes your screen much brighter than stock. HBM requires root.

Downloads

Android 11
    ElementalX-P3a-3.06

Android 10
    ElementalX-P3a-2.15

Android 9 (Pie)
    ElementalX-P3a-1.06

Source code:
    Github

XDA:DevDB Information
    ElementalX Pixel 3a, Kernel for the Google Pixel 3a

Contributors
    flar2
    Source Code: https://github.com/flar2/Bluecross/tree/ElementalX-P3a-1.00

Kernel Special Features:

Version Information

Created 2019-05-17
    Last Updated 2020-09-08
    Is there any reason you don't publish just the boot.img? I would prefer not having an extra app installed on my phone just for a custom kernel. I like to patch the img with Magisk and flash it myself.

EDIT: Just saw that the app costs $5. That'd be why.

That would be wrong and I don't appreciate the insinuation. I didn't need to spend $700 on another phone and I don't need to spend my time and expertise to bring you new features. How many apps do you think I need to sell just to pay for the phone?

To answer your question, I don't supply a boot.img because you also need the dtbo.img and I want to reuse the existing ramdisk so I don't break your other mods.

Welcome to xda
    Update!!

Flash directly and control all options in EX Kernel Manager: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=flar2.exkernelmanager

Download:
    ElementalX-1.04

Changes:
    -add lzma support
    -K-Lapse 5.0
    -remove RGB min limit for astronomy mode in EXKM
    Update!!

Flash directly and control all options in EX Kernel Manager: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=flar2.exkernelmanager

Download:
    ElementalX-1.03

Changes:
    -July security update
    Update!!

I have disabled the wake gestures on this version of the phone

Download:
    ElementalX-1.06

Changes:
    -August security update
    -disable wake gestures on 3a