[KERNEL] [September 8] Pixel 3a XL ElementalX 3.06 (Android 11)

Search This thread

flar2

Recognized Developer
Jun 11, 2012
Southwestern Ontario
elementalx.org
ElementalX Kernel
for Pixel 3a XL (Bonito)
p3890301369-11.jpg

ElementalX is designed for maximum stability. It is made for people who depend on their phone every day.

Features:
-Optimized for performance and battery life
-Advanced color control (RGB, hue, saturation, contrast, value, K-Lapse)
-Wake gestures (S2W & DT2W)
-Sweep2sleep
-Block wakelocks
-Vibration control
-Sound control (headphones)
-Backlight dimmer option
-High brightness mode
-CFQ, noop, deadline, FIOPS, SIO, maple and zen i/o schedulers
-Adrenoboost option
-Option to disable fsync
-WireGuard support
-Pass SafetyNet (with Magisk)

Installation
1. Flash in TWRP recovery or flash directly in EX Kernel Manager

Notes

Stay up to date with EX Kernel Manager. The latest security updates are always available through the app, usually within hours of the latest OTA. EXKM can be used to configure settings, backup and flash zips and img files, run scripts and install kernel updates quickly and easily. EXKM is compatible with all devices and kernels and is the best and most complete kernel manager available.

You can also use High Brightness Mode so you can see your phone in the sun. This app unlocks the hidden hardware setting that makes your screen much brighter than stock. HBM requires root.

Downloads

Android 11
ElementalX-P3a-3.06]/URL]https://elementalx.org/devices/google-pixel-3axl/

Android 10
[URL="https://elementalx.org/devices/google-pixel-3axl/"]ElementalX-P3a-2.15]/URL]

Android 9 (Pie)
[URL="https://elementalx.org/devices/google-pixel-3axl/"]ElementalX-P3a-1.06

Source code:
Github

XDA:DevDB Information
ElementalX Pixel 3a XL, Kernel for the Google Pixel 3a XL

Contributors
flar2
Source Code: https://github.com/flar2/Bluecross/tree/ElementalX-P3a-1.00

Kernel Special Features:

Version Information

Created 2019-05-15
Last Updated 2020-09-08

Last edited:

seniorstew

Feb 23, 2006
San Diego CA
Super excited to try it! However, EKM doesn't show any supported Kernels. Just installed it off the Play Store

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190515-112852.png
    Screenshot_20190515-112852.png
    141.4 KB · Views: 1,852

pbanj

Dec 22, 2011
Thanks for trying it out, I suspected it would work but wasn't sure. Can you try high brightness mode and headphone gain? Those could be different.

sure. let me boot it back up. how would i go about testing them. it has been years since i have used a custom kernel(by years i mean the note 2 XD)

flar2

Recognized Developer
Jun 11, 2012
Southwestern Ontario
elementalx.org
Hey, @flar2 are you planning on opening a thread on the 3a rom, kernel area as well?

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Should work on 3a and 3a XL as they share the same Kernel source.

I will open a thread, but despite sharing the same source, there are hardware differences that will affect some of the features I develop.

jmtjr278

Mar 8, 2012
I will open a thread, but despite sharing the same source, there are hardware differences that will affect some of the features I develop.
Interesting. I thought they were identical with the exception of the screen size and battery size.

teegraves58

Oct 24, 2017
Super excited to try this out, but it's been a while since I've done this. Just to confirm I can flashboot this? What if I'm already rooted with Magisk? I would just root this boot.img as I did with the stock one? And then upload the same way, or do I need to flash a stock unrooted firmare first before doing this? Thank you!

jmtjr278

Mar 8, 2012
Super excited to try this out, but it's been a while since I've done this. Just to confirm I can flashboot this? What if I'm already rooted with Magisk? I would just root this boot.img as I did with the stock one? And then upload the same way, or do I need to flash a stock unrooted firmare first before doing this? Thank you!
Modify the boot image and either fastboot modified image or use ex kernel manager to flash.

Top Liked Posts