• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[Kernel][SM-J610F]Patched boot image for Samsung Galaxy J6+

Search This thread

AndroDef

Oct 6, 2018
Damascus
IT IS NOT ALLOW TO SHARE ANYTHING FROM THIS THREAD OUT OF XDA WITHOUT MY PERMISSION (LINK TO THIS THREAD INSTEAD)

As always from Samsung, the most recent protected device against Root is J6+ (SM-J610F) & J4+ (SM-J415F)
In these devices Samsung provides an compressed kernel image into the boot image with gzip compressing method
preventing any patches that the Root needs to do to be able to get full permissions on the device.

The currently security exists in that kernel is defex protection that prevent a lot of applications to get Root access like [Titanium backup, ES File Explorer, FRep.....etc] and all other process that needs to run as Root in a custom paths.

In other devices we can bypass that security by just hexpatch directly to the kernel image but in this device the kernel image is compressed with gzip and has some restrictions prevent us from normal decompressing-recompressing.

So until get and add final solution to Magisk releases I compiled the stock kernel AS IS just disabled that security and Rooted with Magisk 17.3,
to make it a temporarily solution to fully Root that device.

The kernel doesn't have any features only disabled the security So it is Full stock with Root.
Flash with odin
Download Link: http://www.mediafire.com/file/adzqb5zbgrib946/J610FXXU1ARJ3_boot_8.1.0_AndroDef_Patch_v1.tar/file

XDA:DevDB Information
DefKernel, Kernel for the Samsung Galaxy J6+

Contributors
AndroDef
Kernel Special Features: Disabled defex, Rooted with Magisk 17.3

Version Information

Created 2018-11-06
Last Updated 2018-11-06

Last edited:

AndroDef

Oct 6, 2018
Damascus
This one did not work.

Broke my android.

May be i did not do it correctly on my J6+ (SM-J610F).

---------- Post added at 12:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:07 PM ----------

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ckQUkTIJT-kHHX_zhgHzU8gi7_vY763T/view?usp=sharing
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1J45q8wLo6vkYyzBAFqwCRv0qH-uCoeCI/view?usp=sharing

Ended up like this....................

You have a problem with your recovery partition, Flash the J610FXXU1ARJ3 firmware to your device (AP & BL & CP & CSC) then reflash the rooted boot

Rooks

Jun 18, 2007
Gujranwala
You have a problem with your recovery partition, Flash the J610FXXU1ARJ3 firmware to your device (AP & BL & CP & CSC) then reflash the rooted boot

Downloading J610FXXU1ARJ3 firmware..................

Tried a lot solutions to root my J610F/DS, but all failed.

---------- Post added at 04:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:38 PM ----------

OK, this is patched kernel.
Does it contain TWRP/CWM recovery?

If not, where to get TWROP recovery for J6+.

frp.a320

Nov 21, 2018
Can you install magisk mdule ?

Edit:
Its work... Now I can install module magisk on my j6 plus, Thank you very much

Last edited:

BinCanCook

Oct 7, 2007
It works, thank.

---------- Post added at 05:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:51 AM ----------

I reboot the phone while Titatium Backup app stuck in uninstall process and now the phone freeze at boot logo Samsung Galaxy J6+ with the yellow small text at the top "Set Warranty Bit : kernel".

Rooks

Jun 18, 2007
Gujranwala
In my opinion, it's temporary root method.

Lost root after couple of days (don't know why or how).
Repeated process again and rooted device.

BinCanCook

Oct 7, 2007
In my opinion, it's temporary root method.

Lost root after couple of days (don't know why or how).
Repeated process again and rooted device.

Yes, I can get in to download mode but can not flash the stock rom by odin
both COMBINATION_FAC_FA81_J610FXXU1ARI3.rar and J610FXXU1ARIM_J610FOLM1ARIM_XXV_8.1_FULL.zip.
------------------------
<ID:0/009> Added!!
<ID:0/009> Odin engine v(ID:3.1203)..
<ID:0/009> File analysis..
<ID:0/009> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/009> Initialzation..
<ID:0/009> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/009> Firmware update start..
<ID:0/009> SingleDownload.
<ID:0/009> boot.img
<ID:0/009> Complete(Write) operation failed.
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)
<ID:0/009> Removed!!
-------------------------

Rooks

Jun 18, 2007
Gujranwala
Yes, I can get in to download mode but can not flash the stock rom by odin
both COMBINATION_FAC_FA81_J610FXXU1ARI3.rar and J610FXXU1ARIM_J610FOLM1ARIM_XXV_8.1_FULL.zip.
------------------------
<ID:0/009> Added!!
<ID:0/009> Odin engine v(ID:3.1203)..
<ID:0/009> File analysis..
<ID:0/009> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/009> Initialzation..
<ID:0/009> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/009> Firmware update start..
<ID:0/009> SingleDownload.
<ID:0/009> boot.img
<ID:0/009> Complete(Write) operation failed.
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)
<ID:0/009> Removed!!
-------------------------

Combination Rom is a little bit older version 'J610FXXU1ARI3', while you need 'J610FXXU1ARJ3' to work.
I made the same mistake and device did not work.

NOTE: BACKUP YOUR DEVICE FIRST.

1- Find and install stock rom 'J610FXXU1ARJ3' for your region.
2- Setup your device (do not use pattern or pin or password or fingerprint lock yet)
3- After that, flash this patched boot image in odin 'AP' mode.
4- Your device might ask you to reset (it's normal)
5- Lastly, your device might gonna take a verrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy long time to start android os.
6- Setup your device, run magisk app, update it to full manager (if you want to).
7- Install from magisk, choose 'Recommended' option.
8- Check root.

Note: I did a restart and lost root (might be some other reason, possibly), do not let your device battery out.

Wolla, I've successfully rooted my SM-J610F.

NOTE: This process may be variant, but that's how i rooted mine. All you need is to study blogs carefully, because there might be some key points, that you might have ignored. Google, Google again, again and again and again again......................., until you find, you are looking for and please DO NOT BLAME ANYONE, if your device is bricked or lost or burnt or died or crashed or whatever.

Last edited:

Indragotix

Dec 1, 2018
I need twrp for j6 plus

Combination Rom is a little bit older version 'J610FXXU1ARI3', while you need 'J610FXXU1ARJ3' to work.
I made the same mistake and device did not work.

NOTE: BACKUP YOUR DEVICE FIRST.

1- Find and install stock rom 'J610FXXU1ARJ3' for your region.
2- Setup your device (do not use pattern or pin or password or fingerprint lock yet)
3- After that, flash this patched boot image in odin 'AP' mode.
4- Your device might ask you to reset (it's normal)
5- Lastly, your device might gonna take a verrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy long time to start android os.
6- Setup your device, run magisk app, update it to full manager (if you want to).
7- Install from magisk, choose 'Recommended' option.
8- Check root.

Note: I did a restart and lost root (might be some other reason, possibly), do not let your device battery out.

Wolla, I've successfully rooted my SM-J610F.

NOTE: This process may be variant, but that's how i rooted mine. All you need is to study blogs carefully, because there might be some key points, that you might have ignored. Google, Google again, again and again and again again......................., until you find, you are looking for and please DO NOT BLAME ANYONE, if your device is bricked or lost or burnt or died or crashed or whatever.

Pliisss...need twrp for j6 + / sm- j610f/ ds:crying::crying:

Malikzeeshanarif

Feb 2, 2019
I first unlocked the boot loader but didn't worked than I was unable to find the one unlock option again in developer mode even after reflashing the firmware.
In the Odin mode it is written oem lock off
Can somebody guide me how to show that option again

dope77

Aug 8, 2018
dude THANK YOU,THIS DEVICE'S KERNEL WAS A PAIN IN THE ASS ,IT BLOCKS EVERYHTING AND CAUSES ISSUES WITH MAGISK,YOU'RE A LIFE SAVIOUR

gstkmr

Mar 16, 2019
hi there, thanks for the work, i managed to install it on my wife J6+ without issue, now i can debloat lots of stuff, but i noticed there's a bit of battery drain from previously (unroot kernel) when the phone is not use, is it just me?

---------- Post added at 09:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:42 AM ----------

I first unlocked the boot loader but didn't worked than I was unable to find the one unlock option again in developer mode even after reflashing the firmware.
In the Odin mode it is written oem lock off
Can somebody guide me how to show that option again

hi, OEM lock/unlcok setting can be found under the developer options, if it lock and you want to unlock it, it will asked to do a hard reset on your device including the internal storage, so you need to back up everything before you want to proceed.

gstkmr

Mar 16, 2019
hi @AndroDef, can you mod and overclock this kernel cpu & gpu freq and add touch boost feature? j6+ is so laggy for playing games, for comparison I have an old samsung a3 2016 that can run games more smooth running LOS 14.1 with modded kernel (it enables the 8 cores and the gpu freq can reach max at 800mhz)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    IT IS NOT ALLOW TO SHARE ANYTHING FROM THIS THREAD OUT OF XDA WITHOUT MY PERMISSION (LINK TO THIS THREAD INSTEAD)

As always from Samsung, the most recent protected device against Root is J6+ (SM-J610F) & J4+ (SM-J415F)
    In these devices Samsung provides an compressed kernel image into the boot image with gzip compressing method
    preventing any patches that the Root needs to do to be able to get full permissions on the device.

The currently security exists in that kernel is defex protection that prevent a lot of applications to get Root access like [Titanium backup, ES File Explorer, FRep.....etc] and all other process that needs to run as Root in a custom paths.

In other devices we can bypass that security by just hexpatch directly to the kernel image but in this device the kernel image is compressed with gzip and has some restrictions prevent us from normal decompressing-recompressing.

So until get and add final solution to Magisk releases I compiled the stock kernel AS IS just disabled that security and Rooted with Magisk 17.3,

The kernel doesn't have any features only disabled the security So it is Full stock with Root.
    Flash with odin
    Download Link: http://www.mediafire.com/file/adzqb5zbgrib946/J610FXXU1ARJ3_boot_8.1.0_AndroDef_Patch_v1.tar/file

Contributors
    AndroDef

Version Information

Created 2018-11-06
    Last Updated 2018-11-06
    how to install TWRP then? Pls help
    Can you please give me firmware versions...for the pie and also the oreo

https://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/SM-J610F/

Flash with odin

Contributors
    AndroDef

Version Information
    Beta

Created 2018-11-06
    Last Updated 2018-11-06
    hi sir
    may i ask about sm-j610f with android v 10 ?
    that patched boot is for android v 8.1 but now the device come with android v 10