• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
Search This thread
Nov 5, 2008
Good news!! Hope it could be possible to create a custom ROM finally!! Anybody else with experience is interested?
I have no enough knowledge but I can help with testing :)

Dattel01

Jan 25, 2016
Anyone tried to make a device tree for CyanogenMod 13 or AOSP 6.0?
And those who wanna help in building the ROM, please be active on the forum so we can work fast. :)
Tried to set up an environment for building my own twrp but failed with the prequisites..maybe you know a good source to learn how to start...
Coming from c# programming cornor with a little Android coding excurse..

Dattel01

Jan 25, 2016
i followed these instruction on a clean ubuntu 14.04.4 LTS within a virtualbox.......
https://github.com/lj50036/platform_manifest_twrp_omni

first of all i underestimate the need of space for the sources... so i did that step twice :) but with a bit more space for the build partition on the second try.

i thought it would be a good start by pulling a default omni-rom/twro from repository and making it step by step from scratch...
my problems starts when i have to enter a device name at the "lunch" command...
i know that there is no prepared device configuration for the H7-plk yet - but there should be any hint, how to get the current available devices for the build.props and so on...
i also own an old nexus4 to... but i also failed to start the "lunch" with the "mako" devicename...

so as current conclusion: if i failed to build for a well known device, there will be no chance for me in building for a brand new device tree :(

maybe you know a better point for me to start over

Update: decided to start over with a CM13 buildenvironment for the nexus4 to celebrate a small success for myself.... ;)

Last edited:

sminki

Feb 18, 2012
hard shoulders of reality

I sold mine remember :p

i know that there is no prepared device configuration for the H7-plk yet - but there should be any hint, how to get the current available devices for the build.props and so on...

not really, not if there's nothing 'alike' to build from, and in this case there isn't. You need the full device tree, with all associated modules/files pulled from your existing running 6.0 device. Someone has to examine a device tree of an existing device and prepare the same for the h7. No one had produced one at the time i gave up with Huawei.

DigiGoon is, and has been trying to get people involved in creating a device tree, but as there is little in the way of (voiced) genuine dev experience with this device it seems a lost cause, unfortunately. I hope for you guys I'm wrong.

Anyway, completely OT as this thread is kernel source :silly:

Nov 3, 2015
Honor 7 (PLK-L01) Kernel Source Code Discussion

Hello, honorable Honor 7 users :D, I hope you all are using this device to the fullest, now I'm starting this thread to discuss about the kernel source code for our beloved device.
As you all know that the kernel sources are not still released by Huawei, I even contacted them for the same but didn't got any replies from them. So, I want all of you to request them for the source code as there are a lot of benefits from it.

1. We can create a master tree for our device.
2. After creating the tree we can create various branches of different custom ROMs, so that we can compile them from it.
3. We can add different CPU Govereners to our device to unleash its better performance, or better stability.
4. ETC. ETC.

There are still more benefits from the kernel source code, but we can get them if we can get our hands on the kernel source code.
So, I kindly request you all to keep this discussion alive so some executive of Huawei can point it out to their company, and we can get our source code ASAP.

A petition has been created HERE thanks to @themegaphoenix

You all can also contact the Huawei via e-mails for the source code :D :eek:
The sores code has bin released now as for as I no but no ROM have pop up is there news regarding this thread ?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Honor 7 (PLK-L01) Kernel Source Code Discussion

Hello, honorable Honor 7 users :D, I hope you all are using this device to the fullest, now I'm starting this thread to discuss about the kernel source code for our beloved device. There are a lot of benefits from it.

1. We can create a master tree for our device.
    2. After creating the tree we can create various branches of different custom ROMs, so that we can compile them from it.
    3. We can add different CPU Govereners to our device to unleash its better performance, or better stability.
    4. ETC. ETC.

There are still more benefits from the kernel source code.
    actually, i've made some progress today...

attachment.php

:eek:
    @kenshiwara @DigiGoon
    Guys, Huawei released the open source code yesterday for Honor 7 PLK-L01..... you can download from below link (150Mb)

http://consumer.huawei.com/en/search/index.htm?keywords=honor 7

I hope you can make CM Rom,
    does this source code help for Honor 7 Europe version?
    Kernel Source is already released, and devs around the world started developing CM 13.0, we have a device tree now, but its not yet complete. But every day we are trying to improve by tweaking and testing the builds spitted out by the help of the tree. :D :D
    If someone wants to help please PM me. :D :D
    GOOD NEWS

Awesome News..!!
    Yesterday Huawei released Android 6.0 kernel sources, here is the direct link and here is page link @sminki, @kenshiwara