{Kernel-Source} GoDmOdE-2.6.29-GSM-HERO

Search This thread

toastcfh

Retired Senior Recognized Developer
Feb 11, 2009
Lakeland, FL
i have pushed the board files to my github to compile a fully working kernel for the GSM Hero. i dont own the device, but Behnaam has been working with me testing and such. anyhow everything works. the link to my source can be found below:

GoDmOdE-KeRnEl-SoUrCe

anyhow enjoy i do this for the community and ask for nothing but in return. Devs have at it!!! :D

zjr8

Jan 10, 2010
Quick and dirty compile by me in boot.img format (too tired to hack an update.zip together)

Credit to: Benocharm, and well everyone else who worked on this project... i just compiled it lol

EDIT: Had a lapse and forgot to compile a new wlan module... will reupload after school today
Cant post links yet sooo h**p://w w w .mega upload. c o m/ ? d = 724NZ7Q1

** = tt
remove spaces

Method One Flash: (For those with unlocked SPL)
fastboot flash boot newBoot.img
fastboot reboot

Method Two Flash:
adb push boot.img /sdcard
adb shell
cat /dev/zero > /dev/mtd/mtd2
- write: No space left on device [this is ok, you can ignore]
flash_image boot /sdcard/boot.img
reboot your phone

Last edited:

grassiekuik

Jul 12, 2007
Quick and dirty compile by me in boot.img format (too tired to hack an update.zip together)

Credit to: Benocharm, and well everyone else who worked on this project... i just compiled it lol

Cant post links yet sooo h**p://w w w .mega upload. c o m/ ? d = 724NZ7Q1

** = tt
remove spaces

Method One Flash: (For those with unlocked SPL)
fastboot flash boot newBoot.img
fastboot reboot

Method Two Flash:
adb push boot.img /sdcard
adb shell
cat /dev/zero > /dev/mtd/mtd2
- write: No space left on device [this is ok, you can ignore]
flash_image boot /sdcard/boot.img
reboot your phone

Here ya go mate

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=724NZ7Q1

dipje

Oct 27, 2006
Are the video drivers included?

I think that's very basic that they check it :p.

I'm more curious about other things that are not so obvious while testing:
volume keys while sleeping, battery usage, g-sensor, correct behavior of the audio jack (audio switches to jack instead of speaker), etc...

'gsm long text > 160 chars' issues can't have anything to do with the kernel used as I see it. That's something of the messaging app and / or the radio RIL used.

Hmm, new kernel to play with... might be the push I needed to try building my own android stuff to learn :)

pulser_g2

Admin Emeritus / Senior Recognized Developer
Nov 27, 2009
Am I missing something with regards to the wlan module sources? Didn't see them so far...

Or am I being stupid (highly likely)

MerXury13

Jan 23, 2010
Are the video drivers included?

I think that's very basic that they check it :p.

I'm more curious about other things that are not so obvious while testing:
volume keys while sleeping, battery usage, g-sensor, correct behavior of the audio jack (audio switches to jack instead of speaker), etc...

'gsm long text > 160 chars' issues can't have anything to do with the kernel used as I see it. That's something of the messaging app and / or the radio RIL used.

Hmm, new kernel to play with... might be the push I needed to try building my own android stuff to learn :)

I asked 'cause in the cronos Rom, the developer said that he excluded the Video drivers to f**k up the other devs ...what a jerk

zjr8

Jan 10, 2010
Am I missing something with regards to the wlan module sources? Didn't see them so far...

Or am I being stupid (highly likely)

Do you have the latest commit? I believe initially there were some missing files. I know when I grabbed the source the first time i had wlan drive compile issues

latiszm

Nov 19, 2007
I applied this to both cronos rom and to superhero rom and both got really sluggish after installing it (I used the boot.img posted among the first posts).

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone