{Kernel-Source} GoDmOdE-2.6.29-GSM-HERO

Search This thread

toastcfh

Retired Senior Recognized Developer
Feb 11, 2009
Lakeland, FL
i have pushed the board files to my github to compile a fully working kernel for the GSM Hero. i dont own the device, but Behnaam has been working with me testing and such. anyhow everything works. the link to my source can be found below:

GoDmOdE-KeRnEl-SoUrCe

anyhow enjoy i do this for the community and ask for nothing but in return. Devs have at it!!! :D

zjr8

Jan 10, 2010
Quick and dirty compile by me in boot.img format (too tired to hack an update.zip together)

Credit to: Benocharm, and well everyone else who worked on this project... i just compiled it lol

EDIT: Had a lapse and forgot to compile a new wlan module... will reupload after school today
Cant post links yet sooo h**p://w w w .mega upload. c o m/ ? d = 724NZ7Q1

** = tt
remove spaces

Method One Flash: (For those with unlocked SPL)
fastboot flash boot newBoot.img
fastboot reboot

Method Two Flash:
adb push boot.img /sdcard
adb shell
cat /dev/zero > /dev/mtd/mtd2
- write: No space left on device [this is ok, you can ignore]
flash_image boot /sdcard/boot.img
reboot your phone

Last edited:

grassiekuik

Jul 12, 2007
Quick and dirty compile by me in boot.img format (too tired to hack an update.zip together)

Credit to: Benocharm, and well everyone else who worked on this project... i just compiled it lol

Cant post links yet sooo h**p://w w w .mega upload. c o m/ ? d = 724NZ7Q1

** = tt
remove spaces

Method One Flash: (For those with unlocked SPL)
fastboot flash boot newBoot.img
fastboot reboot

Method Two Flash:
adb push boot.img /sdcard
adb shell
cat /dev/zero > /dev/mtd/mtd2
- write: No space left on device [this is ok, you can ignore]
flash_image boot /sdcard/boot.img
reboot your phone

Here ya go mate

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=724NZ7Q1

dipje

Oct 27, 2006
Are the video drivers included?

I think that's very basic that they check it :p.

I'm more curious about other things that are not so obvious while testing:
volume keys while sleeping, battery usage, g-sensor, correct behavior of the audio jack (audio switches to jack instead of speaker), etc...

'gsm long text > 160 chars' issues can't have anything to do with the kernel used as I see it. That's something of the messaging app and / or the radio RIL used.

Hmm, new kernel to play with... might be the push I needed to try building my own android stuff to learn :)

pulser_g2

Admin Emeritus / Senior Recognized Developer
Nov 27, 2009
Am I missing something with regards to the wlan module sources? Didn't see them so far...

Or am I being stupid (highly likely)

MerXury13

Jan 23, 2010
Are the video drivers included?

I think that's very basic that they check it :p.

I'm more curious about other things that are not so obvious while testing:
volume keys while sleeping, battery usage, g-sensor, correct behavior of the audio jack (audio switches to jack instead of speaker), etc...

'gsm long text > 160 chars' issues can't have anything to do with the kernel used as I see it. That's something of the messaging app and / or the radio RIL used.

Hmm, new kernel to play with... might be the push I needed to try building my own android stuff to learn :)

I asked 'cause in the cronos Rom, the developer said that he excluded the Video drivers to f**k up the other devs ...what a jerk

zjr8

Jan 10, 2010
Am I missing something with regards to the wlan module sources? Didn't see them so far...

Or am I being stupid (highly likely)

Do you have the latest commit? I believe initially there were some missing files. I know when I grabbed the source the first time i had wlan drive compile issues

latiszm

Nov 19, 2007
I applied this to both cronos rom and to superhero rom and both got really sluggish after installing it (I used the boot.img posted among the first posts).