• Poll closed .
Search This thread

toastcfh

Retired Senior Recognized Developer
Feb 11, 2009
Lakeland, FL
This is my source guy and gals!!! :D

please read this entire post. thank you :D

basically i built this from the Eris source, i only made *-board and gevice specific files that would enable it to compile and boot on the HTC Heroc. my goal from day one was to do this and now ive managed to pull it off. :eek: anyhow what i do is for everyone and i always show my work. on this OP i will up date as i make changes, to inform the community of the kernel source status. as of first commit all hardware works and the kernel functions just like the one HTC compiled for our 2.1 release. although i have made a few cleaning up changes and managed to fix our audio issue as far as i know. so in a since this source is better then HTC/Sprints kernel. link below:

GoDmOdE

Commit Log

Wed May 19, 2010 -First commit = Fully functional 2.6.29 source for the HTC Heroc + minor clean ups and audio issue resolved.

Wed May 19, 2010 -AOSP -synaptics-fix = synaptic touch drivers were modified by HTC to help with input to ime app and sense. i reversed those changes to allow for devs to use the kernel in AOSP builds

Wed May 19, 2010 -Overclocking-added-for-good-measure-:p = Overclocking to freqs above 528mhz

Wed May 19, 2010 -added-auto-detect-for-setcpu = Setcpu will now detect all availible freqs automagic

Thu May 20, 2010 -GSM-HeRo-Support = support for the GSM HERO (thanx goes out to Behnaam for all his testing and workig with me on it)

ALL CHANGES, IDEAS AND THOUGHTS ARE WELCOMED. IF U DECIDE TO NAB THE SOURCE AND MAKE UR OWN TREE, PLEASE DO AS GITHUB SUGGESTS AND FORK MY TREE. THIS MAKES THINGS EASIER FOR ALL OF US AND ENABLES U TO EASILY PULL CHANGES FROM MY TREE, AND VICE VERSA. THIS IS A COMMUNITY KERNEL. AS A COMMUNITY WE CAN BUILD A BAD ASS KERNEL. SO LETS ALL NOT BE GREEDY AND FOLLOW MY LEAD. SHOW AND SHARE UR WORK.

Thank you guys for the support :D

Last edited: