[Kernel Source] ToAsTcfh-Eclair-2.6.27 {Updated- Apr30, 2010} Murder-Kernel

Search This thread

toastcfh

Retired Senior Recognized Developer
Feb 11, 2009
Lakeland, FL
this is my 2.6.27 source for eclair builds of android. this has been a long time project with lots of help from some great friends. i consider this a community kernel so all are welcomed to it, to use in their builds or what not. all thats asked is for all who use it, to give credit for using this source. just as u would for using anyone elses work. thats just to be fair to those who help maintain this kernel.

thanx:

maejrep
flipz
quietblongs
phhusson
MrPippy
tmzt
bzo

and if i forgot u ill add u later :p

current commits:

-msm_hw3d support for Donut and Eclair builds (ported patches made by phhusson and MrPippy)

-synaptics touch driver (backported from .29)

-msm_camera (backported from .29 by maejrep)not yet working

-compcache sources

-overclocking and the ability to scale all current freqs (major thanx to phhuddson, bzo, and maejrep for all the help)

-backported ext4 support

-fixed freq tables to show correct clock speeds

-backported BFS (Brain **** Scheduler) version 316
new commits and patches are welcomed. please submit them for review.

http://github.com/toastcfh/htc-2.6.27-heroc

Enjoy :D

Last edited:

maejrep

Jun 25, 2007
Good job :) Hopefully these fixes make it into all the awesome ROMs out there (yours included)

gators0223

Jun 13, 2008
I actually grabbed the source from github /jhansche/htc-2.6.27-heroc last night. Got it compiled and running and I have to say it works nicely. Loving the OpenGL, but especially the multi-touch! :)

You guys are awesome. Thank you for all your hard work!

wtphoto

Dec 14, 2009
Southfield, MI
damn it I really need to get a linux setup so I can compile the kernels. I WANT THIS!!!!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!

PRGUY85

Jan 10, 2010
Hope this gets incorporated soon into the latest 2.0.1/2.1 AOSP ROMs...also is this compatible with Gumbo's Kernel?

PRGUY85

Jan 10, 2010
I know its a kernel dude....still it can get incorporated into those ROMs builds like everyone has been waiting to do so...

What I'm saying is that with this now the ROM makers can get OpenGL and Multitouch on their ROM releases, something everyone has been waiting for.

wtphoto

Dec 14, 2009
Southfield, MI
I know its a kernel dude....still it can get incorporated into those ROMs builds like everyone has been waiting to do so...

What I'm saying is that with this now the ROM makers can get OpenGL and Multitouch on their ROM releases, something everyone has been waiting for.

yes that is true but you also asked if it was compatable with gbhils kernel that is why it was a little confusing.

maejrep

Jun 25, 2007

Yes, this codebase (the last few days' commits at least) will enable hw3d and multitouch, and can be applied to any .27 kernel that is based on the htc-heroc-2.6.27 code that HTC released (which I should hope is all of them :))

And yes, any kernel can be integrated into a ROM, as long as the ROM doesn't rely on custom kernel changes (e.g., squashfs is not enabled in this codebase, but if the developer already has squashfs in his own kernel codebase, he can apply these latest commits to his code, and compile a new kernel with both squashfs and gl+multutouch support, if that's what his ROM requires)

PRGUY85

Jan 10, 2010
yes that is true but you also asked if it was compatable with gbhils kernel that is why it was a little confusing.

Yea I'm no tech guy/developer...just asking if on a ROM a dev could include this as well as the ability to setcpu which is available by way of Gumbo's kernel.

maejrep

Jun 25, 2007
lol I wanst going to be the one to ask but I was kinda hoping someone would.

You can't add just a kernel to an update.zip and flash it -- kernel gets combined into the boot.img, which is included in the update.zip for every ROM. boot.img also has the stuff that goes into / (like init.rc scripts), and so not every ROM will be compatible with the same boot.img, and you can't just flash a boot.img by itself via zip (you can via flash_image in recovery, but still, some ROMs require the boot.img that it was designed for, due to init ramdisk )

So, this is more something for the ROM developers and the not-so-faint of heart. In reality, it's not that hard to build the boot.img, and you can actually unzip your favorite ROM's zip, unpack the boot.img, then rebuild a new boot.img using that ROM's initrd and your own custom kernel, then flash just the boot.img using flash_image, and it won't even require a wipe. That's again assuming the ROM doesn't rely on anything custom in the kernel it was released with.