[Kernel Source] ToAsTcfh-Eclair-2.6.27 {Updated- Apr30, 2010} Murder-Kernel

Search This thread

5tr4t4

Nov 8, 2009
I suspect the new boot.img was not created with the correct hero base address, 0x19200000 (tip from Lox):

mkbootimg --kernel boot.img-kernel --ramdisk ramdisk-boot --cmdline "no_console_suspend=1 console=null" -o newBoot.img --base 0x19200000

I have a working update.zip now using aosp2.1-darchstar, just testing. I'm attaching my boot.img with the correct base address. It should work with whatever ROM you have.

I double-checked my kernel build, I enabled:

MSM Hardware 3D Register Driver
2. Android 2.0+ (Eclair) (MSM_HW3D)

...this was the only difference in the config that I could find, so I can only assume this is the 3D stuff. If so, the boot.img above is correct. Let me know if if works for others.

5tr4t4

Nov 8, 2009
your zip needs to be signed and it wont let me sign it because batch process fails?

Sorry to confuse, I just zipped it up assuming the forum would allow me to attach an ".img" file. This should be unzipped BEFORE moving over to the sdcard. Then from the adb shell:

flash_image boot boot.img

Avalaunchmods

Retired Recognized Developer
Jan 6, 2010
Kentucky
Sorry to confuse, I just zipped it up assuming the forum would allow me to attach an ".img" file. This should be unzipped BEFORE moving over to the sdcard. Then from the adb shell:

flash_image boot boot.img

ooo ok i was under the impression you incorporated the image file into an update.zip file for nandroid.

but no biggy now i am the boat that cant find the boot image so ill try while connected to recovery and we will see what happens

regaw_leinad

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 30, 2010
Seattle, WA
www.regawmod.com
i had something like that happen once before but no fastboot or anything. just a dead phone. fixed it with RUU

anyways were you able to flash the image?

I literally wiped and flashed the ROM again... and still a no go on the flash_image... I've tried everything... couldn't be my sdcard..? it works perfectly for everything else..

gators0223

Jun 13, 2008
Hmm, not sure. I got stuck at the boot too until I replacked the boot.img with the --base command. Go figure ;)

Huh...I don't know. But I'm sure it was in there the first time. I compiled my first kernel last night following the tutorial here on xda exactly so I'm not sure what happened.

Anyway, in case anyone is interested, I made an update.zip for the one I posted earlier. It is working for me on Flipz 2.1. I have not tested any other rom with it. (this IS an update.zip you can flash through recovery)

Again, do this at your own risk. It worked for me though...

Attachments

• flipz21-mt-ogl.zip
    1.9 MB · Views: 101

regaw_leinad

Jan 30, 2010
Seattle, WA
www.regawmod.com
Huh...I don't know. But I'm sure it was in there the first time. I compiled my first kernel last night following the tutorial here on xda exactly so I'm not sure what happened.

Anyway, in case anyone is interested, I made an update.zip for the one I posted earlier. It is working for me on Flipz 2.1. I have not tested any other rom with it. (this IS an update.zip you can flash through recovery)

ok tryin it out. hopefully I'll have better luck this time :p

Avalaunchmods

Jan 6, 2010
Kentucky
I literally wiped and flashed the ROM again... and still a no go on the flash_image... I've tried everything... couldn't be my sdcard..? it works perfectly for everything else..

lol man you are getting some crazy issues. if i were you just wipe completely. restore nandroid flipz2.1 the go to page 3 and follow the guide he posted word for word including the push. i finally just got it to work.

DO IT ALL IN RECOVERY THROUGH CMD PROMPT INCLUDING THE PUSH ADB

it works and this is an incredible rom now multitouch FTW :)

wtphoto

Dec 14, 2009
Southfield, MI

man you are a pimp and a half right now thanks much it worked great.

regaw_leinad

Jan 30, 2010
Seattle, WA
www.regawmod.com
OK the update.zip worked lol
don't know why I was having so many problems lol
I'll try the whole method again tomorrow... when I'm actually awake :p

AND WOWOWOWOWOW Multitouch is great!

Tikerz

Nov 5, 2005
Mesa, AZ
I double-checked my kernel build, I enabled:

MSM Hardware 3D Register Driver
2. Android 2.0+ (Eclair) (MSM_HW3D)

...this was the only difference in the config that I could find, so I can only assume this is the 3D stuff. If so, the boot.img above is correct. Let me know if if works for others.

I just flashed it to AOSP 2.1 and it booted, but there's really no speed improvement that I could tell. Like you said earlier, Gallery is still really slow.

Avalaunchmods

Jan 6, 2010
Kentucky
OK the update.zip worked lol
don't know why I was having so many problems lol
I'll try the whole method again tomorrow... when I'm actually awake :p

AND WOWOWOWOWOW Multitouch is great!

good to hear man :)

i cant run neocore thought which is a bummer but im sure we will see much much more stuff come out tom. i believe ima crash too. thanks alot to the guy who posted the img file and everybodys work/help tonight.

kniteshift

Feb 4, 2010
I wish I could make it easier, but if you just can't wait for someone to make an update.zip, here is the new boot image and wireless module. Sadly, you will have to install them yourself. Its not hard to do though.

Basically, here goes:
Do nandroid backup...always! :)

Code:
# adb push newBoot.img /sdcard/newBoot.img
# adb shell
# cat /dev/zero > /dev/mtd/mtd2 (you may get an error here. don't worry about it)
# flash_image boot /sdcard/newBoot.img
# reboot

*Steps courtesy of cteneck's how-to

Then to get wifi working you have to

Code:
# adb push wlan.ko /system/lib/modules/wlan.ko

Note: This is for the boot.img in the 2.1 build only. I have not tested it with other ROMs, only the leaked 2.1 by flipzmode

Can't post links, but just remove the space:
t3chi3. net/hero/other/newBoot.img
t3chi3 .net/hero/other/wlan.ko

This worked for me, but please don't yell at me if it doesn't for you...

How did you get into the command prompt? :O

gators0223

Jun 13, 2008
good to hear man :)

i cant run neocore thought which is a bummer but im sure we will see much much more stuff come out tom. i believe ima crash too. thanks alot to the guy who posted the img file and everybodys work/help tonight.

Interesting. I just downloaded neocore and it worked fine for me. I didn't get as high as maejrep though. Only 23.3 instead of his 29.9. (edit: disabling sound and killing Jbed got me to 27.5!)

Attachments

• neocore.jpg
    neocore.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 45
Last edited:

gators0223

Jun 13, 2008
How did you get into the command prompt? :O

From your shell you are in currently (either cmd on windows or a linux-type shell), type "adb shell" and you should be good to go assuming you have the android sdk tools directory in your path.

I posted an update.zip a few posts back that is the exact same thing as these instructions just easier. Thats probably the best way to go instead of typing in the commands. Less messy :D