Kernel sources - Released!!! Link up!!

Search This thread

sivabommakanti

Dec 15, 2011
Chennai
Hi guys,
Finally, kernel sources have been released. Here's the link : https://github.com/MiCode/Xiaomi_Kernel_OpenSource/tree/cancro-kk-oss

Past :
After being fed up for long time, we have some good news to cheer about. And the news is from Hugo Barra again. I was going through YouTube and saw Hugo answering 2 people in the comments section about the kernel sources.
Q.1 by Ryan Berkeley -
"Redundant, because I asked this question on another youtube video of yours. Here's the question. When are the kernals going to be released? According to GPL, that needs to be released and we might get a sub forum on XDA for it? This phone isn't for me, but once the phone crosses the warranty stage, I'd like to see it last longer than a mere 2 years like my #lgoptimus2x"
Reply from Hugo : Mi 3 kernel source coming in the next few weeks, please stand by!""

Q.2 by Anish Pawar -
"When is Xiaomi releasing kernel sources for mi3?"
Reply from Hugo : "n a few weeks, we're really sorry about the delay! Has to do with the fact that Mi 4 is using the same kernel source, so we're just putting the finishing touches on what we plan to release.

Source :
Comment 1 : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTQsoA4XPdE&google_comment_id=z13kxh2htq20hfkjo04chf5bmozhvhwinyk0k
Comment 2 : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTQsoA4XPdE&google_comment_id=z12rebxbblrbcjkyn04cctxjgquje5b4q20

Last edited:

KeyLimePies

Jan 14, 2013
I'm a little skeptical to be honest... If mi3 shares the same kernel as mi4 I doubt they would want to release the kernel sources... They may not release the full source... Let's see how this goes!

Sent from my MI 3W using XDA Free mobile app

s4tch

Feb 28, 2007
Xiaomi Mi 3
Google Pixel 2
thing is he gave both answers about a month ago, so "a few weeks" have already passed... anyway, let's hope they will eventually release the sources as they are supposed to.

The frustrated dream of MI3.

It's been a month since Hugo Barra made ​​those comments (in "a few weeks", he said) and still no source code.
Is now reaching the end of the trial period of the Android development for MI3 on this website.
Developers are already getting tired of it.
And users like me are already planning to resell the mobile we thought, with your design and specifications and knowing it would be released "soon" the source code would be one of the best phones of the moment.
For that, stay Xiami no sales, no customers, no developers and only (yes) MIUI fanatics. Nothing more.
Sad end to what could have been a nice story. Thanks, Xiaomi, frustrate many dreams. The source code will come when people least expect or need: when developers of the best roms third have already thrown in the towel. :rolleyes::crying:

RIPPER

Sep 5, 2012
From Heavens
It's been a month since Hugo Barra made ​​those comments (in "a few weeks", he said) and still no source code.
Is now reaching the end of the trial period of the Android development for MI3 on this website.
Developers are already getting tired of it.
And users like me are already planning to resell the mobile we thought, with your design and specifications and knowing it would be released "soon" the source code would be one of the best phones of the moment.
For that, stay Xiami no sales, no customers, no developers and only (yes) MIUI fanatics. Nothing more.
Sad end to what could have been a nice story. Thanks, Xiaomi, frustrate many dreams. The source code will come when people least expect or need: when developers of the best roms third have already thrown in the towel. :rolleyes::crying:

This is very dis heartening :( HUGO can u listen!!

abhi2889

Jan 7, 2011
Pune
Damn, I just got this phone coming from Optimus G pro. I was hoping for the great development considering the hardware this phone has. Hoping to get the source code soon.

HidekiRyuga

Apr 12, 2014
Shibuya
Very selfish move Hugo

For me cyanogenmod is far better than miui of course miui has an eye candy looks but uses a lotta ram to run.come on men 2015 is coming release the kraken now I mean the source code.please we beg you not every one like MiUi

Reactions: borx28

theloneseeker

Jul 21, 2013
Thrissur
I think they will only release the kernel sources after the Miui with Android Lollipop base.They know that if they release sooner the Cm will take over Mi3 with Cm12

Sent from my MI 3W using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Ulver

Jan 4, 2011
Xiaomi Mi 9
Google Pixel 4 XL
Well that's good news for Mi3 owners (if it actually comes true). It be would be nice to see the Mi4 kernel source get released considering their the same thing. But it seems like Xiaomi is going to release Mi3 sources but keep Mi4 closed. Yay

Sent from my Xiaomi Mi4

gamesky

Mar 2, 2011
they're stopping mi3 pre-sales in my country..guess they're goin ready for mi4 here...
well..not really in my interest...

guess they will release it afterward

jackeagle

Sr. Mod + Mod / Dev Committee / Rec. Dev / Dev Rel
Staff member
Apr 11, 2013
XDA
Remix OS
Elocity A7
Patience people? Or people on this earth just impatience...

Patience ?????:eek::eek: Xiaomi has Crossed Patience Limit and Its Reaching Alarming Point....They are just breaking GPL Rules...They exist here once if they enter US selling this device it will be banned within no time without kernel sources under GPL...

Gnome

Jul 2, 2013
Red Light District
If Xiaomi will sell their product in the US, Apple will definitely eat them. Lol! Mi Launcher really looks like the iOS launcher and Apple will definitely sue them for that. I know Xiaomi knows it thats why they keep it in Asia, and that's why they're not a good follower of the GPL, coz if they're in the US they'll definitely need to release the code after the device. Tsk!

xiaomimi3w

Aug 21, 2014
Hugo bara is ignorant, smiling, talking about youth and positive energy ....etc
But we the users don't give a single f... about it we need the friging sorcery codes :) and we'll be full of youth and energy guaranteed.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    me and one of cancrocm team is currently working on the kernel.
    https://github.com/kernel-hut/Xiaomi_Kernel_OpenSource branch=cancro-cm12.1

My source is good to go.. Only work with cm base rom with my latest commit in device tree.. FULL WIPE IS NEEDED!!!

I'm using cm build environment.. Read how to compile from source and create boot.img.

If your using cm environment,

. build/envsetup.sh && launch cm_cancro-userdebug && mka bootimg
    I am not gonna believe until you close down the support of Xiaomi products here. You had a chat with jaimani which is why you open up custom roms without kernel sources. 31st March=no kernel sources..just end everything about Xiaomi here.
    It won't matter if they release it or not. We will continue to let people mod their device, even if Xiaomi doesn't help
    @jaimani First of all, hello,
    Now that we are in Q1 is it possible to get the datum of kernel release? :)

Hi!

I'm supposed to go to China this week for the Jan 15th launch (actually supposed to go tonight...) but am waiting on some visa related stuff. Going to try to get updated timelines for kernel source releases when I'm there.

--Jai
    I can understand your hesitation because honestly I felt similarly until I started to meet the people who worked at Xiaomi. You can look at things from two perspectives: either there is some evil going on (and that type of FUD gets magnified whenever you add the word "China") or the simpler reason that we are still a very young company with growing pains. We do not have the man power that the more experienced OEMs have and that will likely stay that way because it helps us keep the costs of our devices low. Objective evidence suggests that we are getting better with time, not worse.

There's really no reason for me to post here other than to ask for feedback as to how we can be more helpful. I checked your post history and you are extremely wary of Xiaomi (again understandable). You obviously have a better understanding of the XDA community than we do. You also have a better understanding of what the community developers value. If you (or anybody you can think of for that matter) has some concrete things that you'd like to see us do which might change your mind, please let me know. I have a decent idea of what we'd need to do to exceed developer expectations, but I'd prefer to get that information from the source.

I have sent you a PM to help keep the topic clean.

For others watching this. You have my word that I will be doing everything I can to help the users as much as the developers for this device. I normally dont have blind faith but i will make an exception this time.