• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[KERNEL] SpeedMod S3 ICS [K1-8 ExFAT] [K1-6B ROOT BRIGHTNESS+]

Search This thread

AndroidGX

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jun 24, 2010
★ Montpellier ★
Dont talk about ohter Kernels here! Its the speedmod kernel thread !.. So be fair to this developer here!
This have no sense.
If you read properly, I simply answered him on which kernel I find more battery friendly for the moment, which is a common question.
AFAIK this thread is not a "developer only" one, so don't try to be such a "guardian of temple". I saw many people here talking about absolutely none kernel related things, so..... :rolleyes:

so_ony

Dec 12, 2011
Berlin
This have no sense.
If you read properly, I simply answered him on which kernel I find more battery friendly for the moment, which is a common question.
AFAIK this thread is not a "developer only" one, so don't try to be such a "guardian of temple". I saw many people here talking about absolutely none kernel related things, so..... :rolleyes:

Ehm sorry for saying what i think ;) but i think it is bad to say here that battery life is better on another kernel.. And if you think it is nonsense than it is your opinion. There are lots of nonesense posts but you Dont have it to do either. Why you dont write a PM? I am not sorry for what i am saying respect the work of other peolple just said that nothing more :)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda app-developers app

AndroidGX

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jun 24, 2010
★ Montpellier ★
Ehm sorry for saying what i think ;) but i think it is bad to say here that battery life is better on another kernel.. And if you think it is nonsense than it is your opinion.
Thinking that it is bad to say that I'am getting better battery life on another kernel is YOUR opinion, nobody else will think the same here..
Sorry, I'am not the kind of person that loves lying when I write something, so, do not expect from me to say something that you (and only you) would wanted to read that this kernel is the beautifulest, the best, the better battery life, the smoothest, etc etc. The perfect kernel doesn't exist.
I explain my thought, if you don't like : just move out somewhere else. That's all :)

There are lots of nonesense posts but you Dont have it to do either. Why you dont write a PM?
AFAIK, you are not the OP of this thread, so you don't have do give orders.
If you want, then post a new kernel thread similar to hardcore one, and precise in your thread OP the things that people can't talk and are obliged to. One sure if clear, if you oblige them to give only compliments on it, you won't have many success.

I am not sorry for what i am saying respect the work of other peolple just said that nothing more :)
I respect hardcore work aswell, as I said, I didn't know that simply answering to someone on which kernel I'am currently getting my better battery life experience was direspectful to him, but please, explain us this point. It will be surely hilarous :laugh:

I won't reply to any of your other replies since you are now beginning to really spam this interesting thread.

Last edited:
Reactions: Z4muZ and strenx

eseregin

Jun 23, 2010
Moscow
I always let my screen in auto-brightness mode :good:

This make no sense :)
Even with Auto mode SpeedMod kernel Brighter in every one lux step :)
If reduce brightness to Normal stock level, think all kernels will give you about the same battery life.

---------- Post added at 10:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:27 PM ----------

Everyone installed this kernel PM me please.

Why? :silly: :eek:

Honchay

Mar 1, 2012
Barcelona
AndroidGX and so_ony stop that! Your discussion no have interest to anyone and doesn't contribute to this thread, peace :) and forget.

BTW, I like this kernel so much... I've installed the 1-6B because I don't use exFat and it's awesome. Fast, stable and smooth. I set default PegasusQ and cfq. Apps runs smoothly, response are the best I try, no hangs. Recommended kernel if you want a reliable, fast and stable kernel. The only complaint that some people disgust its it lacks of sound tweaks. I'm on omega v13 XXBLH1.

Ausboy 2011

Oct 31, 2011
AndroidGX and so_ony stop that! Your discussion no have interest to anyone and doesn't contribute to this thread, peace :) and forget.

BTW, I like this kernel so much... I've installed the 1-6B because I don't use exFat and it's awesome. Fast, stable and smooth. I set default PegasusQ and cfq. Apps runs smoothly, response are the best I try, no hangs. Recommended kernel if you want a reliable, fast and stable kernel. The only complaint that some people disgust its it lacks of sound tweaks. I'm on omega v13 XXBLH1.

Manually edit file and change headphone output ;) works for me

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda app-developers app

komsa

Feb 11, 2007
Subotica

Exactly the same configuration on my S3......the battery life is amazing......thanks,Speedmod......since Galaxy S1 i am on Speedmod kernels and i dont even think about JB till the Speedmod develope and "tune" kernel for it......For the sound tweaks i use GVM app and it works like a charm with 1-6B

Last edited:

jediknight111

Feb 28, 2011

Hey, sorry to be that guy, but when you say you've set default PegasusQ and cfq are you referring to SetCPU? I've got SetCPU installed and am using those parameters, but I don't what limit to set on minimal and maximum frequency

Any help?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda premium

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi guys,

This is the SpeedMod kernel for the Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-I9300.

SpeedMod's core features are:
    - Super stable: No undervolting, overclocking or potentially unstable modifications
    - Fast and smooth: Compiler and code optimizations
    - Excellent battery life: Remove unecessary logging and debugging

>>> CLICK HERE for more info and the DOWNLOAD links.

>>> CLICK HERE for the Frequently Asked Questions list.

Current features:

Root:
    - Automatically installs root (SuperUser and su) but can be disabled

Screen and misc tweaks:
    - Auto-brightness increased slightly (in low-to-mid light)
    - MDNIE screen sharpness and color tuning (improves text readability)
    - init.d, TUN, CIFS, IPV6 Privacy support

Performance:
    - CPU governor tweaks: increase responsiveness
    - IO tweaks
    - Read ahead tweaks
    - Compiled with optimizations using Codesourcery GCC toolchain
    - Optimized GPU DVFS
    - ARM CPU topology support
    - SCHED_MC multi-core aware scheduler

Turned off unnecessary logging for better smoothness and efficiency:
    - Disabled Android Debug Logger / logcat
    - Disabled Samsung debug
    - Disabled various kernel debugging, statistics and tracing options

Known issues:
    - Proprietary ExFAT modules are not included (currently no plans to)
    (You don't need ExFAT unless you use a 64GB MicroSD. Even then you can still format it as FAT32.)

>>> CLICK HERE for the CHANGELOG.

Instructions on how to enable logcat and disable auto-root are in the 3rd post (below).

>>> CLICK HERE for the DOWNLOAD links.
    Here is how to change some of the kernel configurations:

[HOW TO ENABLE LOGCAT]

If you are a developer or want to re-enable logcat for whatever reason, do this:

adb shell
    su
    mount -o remount,rw /system
    echo ANDROIDLOGGER >> /system/etc/tweaks.conf
    mount -o remount,ro /system

[HOW TO DISABLE AUTO-ROOT]

Create a file called ".noautoroot" in either /system or /data. This will disable the auto root installation. This example, shows how to remove root completely:

adb root
    adb shell
    rm /system/xbin/su
    rm /system/app/Superuser.apk
    rm /data/app/Superuser.apk
    touch /system/.noautoroot
    sync
    reboot

[HOW TO RE-ENABLE AUTO-ROOT]

adb root
    adb shell
    rm /system/.noautoroot
    sync
    reboot
    K1-6:
    - Rebuilt based on GT-I9300_ICS_Opensource_Update4 source code
    - Rebuilt using Codesourcery 2012.03 GCC 4.6.3 toolchain
    - Minor tweaks to pegasusq governor
    - Minor tweaks to GPU DVFS driver
    i hope to see as soon as possible your masterpiece also on jb
    finally there are sources!
    Ah good to know. Will look at it in maybe 2 weeks' time. Quite busy nowadays.
    Reserved for future use.