[KERNEL] SpeedMod SGS2 Jelly Bean [K5-8 CIFS ROOT / NO-ROOT CWM5]

Search This thread

lovermed

Apr 15, 2011
Nabeul
Hey,

I am new to S2 world, after I install this very kernel, my Cm10.1 does no longer boot, after the Galaxy S2 logo screen goes black and thats all, booting into recovery and reinstalling cm10.1 does fix it. I tried to wipe cache and dalvik-cache and still not work. Any idea?

There is 2 different types of kernel.. The one who run only on CM 10.1 like stock CM kernel and Dorimanx 9.**.. All the others run only on a Samsung based Roms that's why it won't boot.. For Dorimanx you have 2 different versions the 9.** for CM AOKP etc and 8.** for Sammy's Roms :) hope it helped..ignore those negative posts.. Sheers

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: alfredthomaz

monster75

Oct 11, 2011
Siena
I think the drain is when the signal is weak. But I've noticed it too. Sometimes It seems to drain more than 3G in standby.

The weird thing is that work wifi drains much more. When I use my personal wifi at home, it doesn't drain. At work I have a big WIFI area componsed of many CISCO airnet APs. Maybe because of switching or different modulation, it drains 2x than at home. And It DID NOT happen with ICS ROM and Speedmod kernel. So I think it is something in the JB WIFI drivers. I have read something about JB WIFI driver fixed in last S3 Wanamlite ROM. I installed it on my colleague's S3 and It seems working.

Last edited:

Karpfenhai

Nov 25, 2011
Leipzig
The weird thing is that work wifi drains much more. When I use my personal wifi at home, it doesn't drain. At work I have a big WIFI area componsed of many CISCO airnet APs. Maybe because of switching or different modulation, it drains 2x than at home. And It DID NOT happen with ICS ROM and Speedmod kernel. So I think it is something in the JB WIFI drivers. I have read something about JB WIFI driver fixed in last S3 Wanamlite ROM. I installed it on my colleague's S3 and It seems working.

That's not weird, that's quite normal cuz at work are way more devices in the lan, therefore your device receives much more broadcast traffic.

Tapatalked from my Galaxy SII

Reactions: It_ler

monster75

Oct 11, 2011
Siena
That's not weird, that's quite normal cuz at work are way more devices in the lan, therefore your device receives much more broadcast traffic.

But as I wrote, It did not happen when I had ICS ROM and Speedmod and seems not happening to my colleague (with a Samsung GS3) with the last wifi fix by Wanam.

Karpfenhai

Nov 25, 2011
Leipzig
But as I wrote, It did not happen when I had ICS ROM and Speedmod and seems not happening to my colleague (with a Samsung GS3) with the last wifi fix by Wanam.

That's right but afaik since jelly most of the kernels are suffering this Wi-Fi drain, it seems it's more sensitive for broadcast/ multicast traffic, some kernel devs are trying to apply a filter with random success..so maybe wanam devs have found the golden egg.

It_ler

Recognized Contributor
  • Aug 23, 2011
    Samsung Galaxy S8
    Samsung Galaxy S10
    any chance to add the new WIFI drivers from S4 as Apolo kernel?:rolleyes:
    Has anybody with wifi drain compared apolo with speedmod kernel?

I tested wifi drain on Apolo v4.6 (with S2 wifi driver) and on Apolo v4.7 (with S4 wifi driver) here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=42130438
    I could not recognize a significant difference on my phone ... but the test was only running for about 1 hour.
    Maybe after a longer time and a more heavy usage, there will be a difference.

Sent from my SGS2 (GT-I9100) via xda-app

monster75

Oct 11, 2011
    Siena
    As I wrote, I can test 2 different situation. At home my drain in stand-by is about 2% per hour (even less), so very good. At work with lot of Cisco APs all around, is incredible. It's like using the phone on internet with 3G and display on:eek:

sharp87

Dec 16, 2011
    I tested wifi drain on Apolo v4.6 (with S2 wifi driver) and on Apolo v4.7 (with S4 wifi driver) here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=42130438
    I could not recognize a significant difference on my phone ... but the test was only running for about 1 hour.
    Maybe after a longer time and a more heavy usage, there will be a difference.

Sent from my SGS2 (GT-I9100) via xda-app

You upload and download speed will be increased a little when using Wi-Fi in 4.7Apollo

Reactions: Jeetu and It_ler

saspo59

Aug 11, 2012
    hi all, since i try speedmod first time i love it but dear dev. its some month without no update nothing have been change in the kernel world?

Blue Omega

Jun 11, 2011
    hi all, since i try speedmod first time i love it but dear dev. its some month without no update nothing have been change in the kernel world?

I'm using this kernel on stock firmware as well. It will great to have an update to this kernel.

This kernel is basically stock with a few modifications, no new features. Unless bugs are reported there're not going to be new releases.

Donnie Sins

Mar 30, 2012
    I've tried MIUI v5 a week ago, and everything was running fine. Because that rom is Samsung based, I flashed Speedmod-kernel.
    It worked well, but then I noticed that I can't seem to get root access. Does anybody knows why? With the 'stock' kernel it all worked, so it was because of Speedmod.

Thanks in advance

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
      Hi guys,

This is the SpeedMod kernel for Android Jelly Bean for the Samsung Galaxy S2 GT-I9100.

This kernel only works with Samsung JB based ROMs.

SpeedMod's core features are:
      - Super stable: No undervolting, overclocking or potentially unstable modifications
      - Fast and smooth: Compiler and code optimizations
      - Excellent battery life: Remove unecessary logging and debugging

>>> CLICK HERE for more info and the DOWNLOAD links.

>>> CLICK HERE for the Frequently Asked Questions list.

Current features:

Root and CWM:
      - Automatically installs root (su) but can be disabled
      - CWM recovery 5.x

Screen and misc tweaks:
      - init.d, TUN, CIFS, IPV6 Privacy support
      - MMC_CAP_ERASE disabled to fix the hard-brick bug (this kernel is "safe")

Performance:
      - CPU governor tweaks: increase responsiveness
      - IO tweaks
      - Read ahead tweaks
      - Compiled with optimizations using Codesourcery GCC toolchain
      - Multi-core aware scheduler SCHED_MC

Turned off unnecessary logging for better smoothness and efficiency:
      - Disabled Android Debug Logger / logcat
      - Disabled Samsung debug
      - Disabled various kernel debugging, statistics and tracing options

>>> CLICK HERE for the CHANGELOG.

Instructions on how to enable logcat and disable auto-root are in the 3rd post (below).

>>> CLICK HERE for more info and the DOWNLOAD links.
      K5-8:
      - Rebuilt using GCC 4.6 toolchain from Android NDK r8

I think the kernel behaves a bit better built using GCC 4.6, compared to GCC 4.7 with LTO.
      K5-5:
      - Rebuilt using GCC 4.7 toolchain from Android NDK r8e
      - Enabled GCC 4.7 LTO (Link Time Optimization)
      K5-6:
      - Security patch: fix stack memory content leak via UNAME26 from S3 Update9 source code
      K5-7:
      - Disabled debugging: ANDROID RAM CONSOLE
    Our Apps
    Get our official app!
    The best way to access XDA on your phone
    Nav Gestures
    Add swipe gestures to any Android
    One Handed Mode
    Eases uses one hand with your phone