[Kernel][Sprint][Hybrid-3.0.96]KK442: UV,OC,TUN,CIFS,FIOPS,OTG(v038) [Mar-15]

Search This thread

myepicyear

Feb 20, 2011
Tampa, FL (ugh..)
This is working spectacularly friend! Thank you kindly for sharing your optimized kernel with our new and growing Sprint community. I can safely say, that this is personally, the best kernel I've used so far on my Galaxy Nexus. If you need any sort of help with menial tasks, I'd be willing to donate my time. I have basic experience(compiling stock AOSP-without tweaks),so I can't do anything you don't know how to do already..however I can assist in any way I'd be useful.*If you don't need help with anything(which is understandable) I'd appreciate any tips or suggestions. This is a great project. Looking forward to seeing what else you'll be doing with the Linux kernel. Anyone who hasn't tried this--you should give it a chance. It might surprise you.

Last edited:

faux123

Dec 16, 2010
West Los Angeles
www.canonspike.com
Open Beta may not be stable and may cause issues with your phone!

By loading open beta you have agreed to:

1. To report all random reboots with associated /proc/last_kmsg
2. To provide feedback on errors or bugs with detail phone information such as ROM, kernel version, and apps
3. Participate in Forum discussions for the beta software with others without FLAMING each other or post useless information such as:
a) Phone doesn't boot (without providing any additional information, ROM versions etc)
B) phone is too hot (without providing any additional information, ie OC freq, UV etc)

The Open Beta system is designed to have the community help each other and the developers. This way, all potential bugs are flushed out so the final released version will be stable and error free. The more actively you participate in Beta Testing the better the final product will be (you are really helping yourself to create a better community software).

If you do NOT agree with the statements above, DO NOT load my Open Beta software.

Kernel 017 Open Beta 4 is out!

https://twitter.com/#!/faux123/status/197752449950433280

[ build 4 ] (back to ultimate again)
back ported Android LMK and RAMConsole from Mainline Linux 3.4+ to 3.0
forward ported OMAP4 DSS Gamma control settings from Panda Board Linux 2.6.32 kernel
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gamma_correction (this gamma correction is done in the framebuffer, so it is a SOFTWARE correction, different from the Gamma Hacks by supercurio which is more of a Hardware gamma correction and are totally independent from each other. My own recommendation is value of 6)

there are 10 preset gamma tables.
0 ==> disable gamma correction
1~10 ==> selects the gamma tables
5 ==> gamma of 1.0

to change:

Code:
su
echo 5 > /sys/devices/platform/omapdss/manager0/gamma

[ build 3 ] (back to ultimate again)
Added Scheduler Load balancing patches
Added Coupled CPU Idle engine (WIP)

[ build 2 ] (back to ultimate again)
Patched to Linux 3.0.30
Added latest Google Interactive Gov patches
Added ARM VFP patches
Added TI TWL Codec patches
Added my own SmartReflex Bypass capability! 1.42/1.48 GHz are stable again ;)(this would allow unofficial OPPs to run with SmartReflex without causing crashes due to aggressive UV)

[ build 1 ] (Mainline version, No GPU OC, No ZRAM, No CleanCache)
Disabled Pre-UV
Disabled Custom Voltage Control
Enabled TI SmartReflex 1.5
Updated to latest Google Interactive governor
Patched Audio Codec from TI

pastert33

Oct 17, 2007
Faux123, did you do any kernel work with the Evo? May not have been but seems like I remember you and the kernels you did kicked ass! Will be downloading this when I get home.

faux123

Dec 16, 2010
West Los Angeles
www.canonspike.com
Faux123, did you do any kernel work with the Evo? May not have been but seems like I remember you and the kernels you did kicked ass! Will be downloading this when I get home.

Not directly. There were many people who forked my kernels and adapted them for the EVO and several other devices. So it was indirect. I mainly work on the phones I own. I occasionally build kernels for the phones very similar to the ones I own but not very often.

something15525

Dec 12, 2010
Just wondering, how's the battery life with this kernel? I'm looking for the most battery efficient kernel out there.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

snoopy1e11

Mar 23, 2010
Memphis
How do I fix the purple tint on the screen from flashing this kernel I using V.017b. Great kernel tho besides the purple tint

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

snoopy1e11

Mar 23, 2010
Memphis
What app works best at changing color/gamma settings or should I say which do you use

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

bankO_mAn

Apr 30, 2012
I'm using stock rom ics 4.04. I notice in your orignal post it only works for up to 4.03. Anything coming out for 4.04 or will one of the linked kernels work. Really looking to improve battery life.

Thanks!

umbra6

Dec 7, 2007
Loxahatchee, FL
I'm using stock rom ics 4.04. I notice in your orignal post it only works for up to 4.03. Anything coming out for 4.04 or will one of the linked kernels work. Really looking to improve battery life.

Thanks!

016m and 016u both work with 4.0.4...the original post says 4.0.3/4.0.4. So far this kernel has gotten me the best battery life out of all of the kernels posted in this section.

Top Liked Posts