[KERNEL][STABLE][TW][N][7.0][AQF7][11.07.17][SM-G955F/FD/N] BatStock-Kernel V1.2.2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Tkkg1994

Inactive Recognized Developer / Contributor
Jun 10, 2014
Coding City
BatStock-Kernel for SM-G955F/FD/N models

screen_shot_2017-03-29_at_17.35.22.png

Supports Touchwiz Roms with AQDD and higher

IF YOU FOLLOW MY STEPS BELOW, YOU WILL LOSE YOUR WARRANTY, KNOX WILL DISPLAY 0x1! I'M NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGED DEVICE!

If you want to take my work and need it somewhere, or do other things with it, ask me first for the permission. Otherwise you are not allowed to take it! Thank you :)!

Features of this Kernel:
- Build with latest self-made 6.3.0 GNU toolchain
- Build with AQF7 kernel source code
- Latest Linux version 4.4.76, is always up to date
- Performance and Batterylife improved
- Choose between different CPU governors: performance, powersave, userspace, ondemand, interactiv (default), conservative, schedutil
- Includes latest AQF7 ramdisk
- I/O schedulers: CFQ (Default), No-op, Deadline
- F2FS enabled for /data and /cache disabled on 1.2.2 for testing
- NTFS enabled
- TCP (Network) control: Bic (default), Reno, cdg, cubic, dctcp, Westwood, Highspeed, Hybla, HTCP, Vegas, Veno, Scalable, LP, Yeah, Illinois, Lia, Olia, Wvegas, balia
- SeLinux is set to permissive
- All samsung security related configs disabled (as knox, tima, restrict rooting)

Download:
V1.2.2 on AndroidFilehost

Bugs/Problems:
- None

Instructions:
0. Have a working recovery and encryption removed!
1. Download kernel
2. Boot into twrp recovery mode
3. Flash kernel
4. Flash any other file which affects ramdisk (Magisk or SuperSU)
5. Reboot

If you wanna join the beta tester group, download yourself telegram and click on the chat link: Telegram Group

Support:
If you like my work, feel free to hit thanks and/or give me a small donation by clicking the link right below. Thank you very much in any way! :D :good:

PayPal

Credits/Thanks:
- Samsung for sources
- the great linus for his amazing kernel source
- Jesec for his workaround, without him custom kernels won't be possible on the s8!

XDA:DevDB Information
BatStock-Kernel SM-G955F, Kernel for the Samsung Galaxy S8+

Contributors
Tkkg1994
Source Code: https://github.com/Tkkg1994/BatKernel/tree/TW70-stock

Kernel Special Features: Close to Stock Kernel

Version Information
Current Stable Version: V1.2.2
Stable Release Date: 2017-07-12

Created 2017-05-14
Last Updated 2017-07-12

Tkkg1994

Jun 10, 2014
Coding City
Changelogs:

BatStock-Kernel V1.0:
- Initial testing release (not on XDA)

BatStock-Kernel V1.0.1:
- Fixed slow read speed
- enabled f2fs
- enabled ntfs
- enabled all included govs/tcp/ioscheds
- random driver updates

BatStock-Kernel V1.1.0:
- Based on latest AQE5 source code
- Updated ramdisk to AQEB
- Added init.d support
- Hopefully fixed some issues with shealth
- Updated linux to most recent 4.4.69
- Changes made by samsung in source code: led cover support, some other battery updates, display updates (mainly for red tint), other small fixes

BatStock-Kernel V1.2.0:
- Based on latest AQF7 release
- Updated ramdisk to AQF7
- Updated Linux to 4.4.74
- ext4: fix data exposure after a crash (which should maybe fix the random reboots)
- Updated included camera binaries

BatStock-Kernel V1.2.2:
- Reverted an alarmtimer update which could have broken some deepsleep things
- Added support for private mode
- Updated linux to 4.4.76
- Added stock init file (without being patched for f2fs, means f2fs won't work right now) to see if that has something to do with continous bootloops

Last edited:

cantenna

Aug 5, 2012
Newcastle
Great kernel, performs better than Stock for me and works well with adoptable storage:good:

xnde7s.png

35n7i1t.png

Thank you:laugh:

Last edited:

Tkkg1994

Jun 10, 2014
Coding City

cantenna

Aug 5, 2012
Newcastle
As you read per instructions in OP, you need to reflash Magisk or SuperSU. Did you even read them? :confused:

That's normal, will only happen if you come from stock kernel to custom kernel. Than it won't loose it anymore

(personally I'm really surprised at the comments popping up everywhere about wifi and bluetooth pairs being lost? Nothing changed from previous years. I wonder if it means that with the S8+ and S8 we have a alot more users who have decided root is the way to go)

Reactions: clodoux

kickassdave

Oct 2, 2010
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Xiaomi Pad 5 Pro
Hey bud. After flashing your kernel I'm getting a bug in the Facebook app whereby if you are scrolling through comments on a thread the act of pressing on the screen to scroll continually gets picked up as a touch and hold event (i.e. edit post/copy post etc)

Given I didn't have the bug before flashing I have to assume it relates to changes made in your kernel.

Now interestingly I had exactly the same bug on my OnePlus 3 using AOSP or LOS so there must be a connection in the kernel config.

I'll try and pull a log.

tiho5

Jun 21, 2010
Bulgaria
I lose wifi passwords with installing kernel ! And TB don't Reinstall the passwords !

That's normal, will only happen if you come from stock kernel to custom kernel. Than it won't loose it anymore

Ok. Thanks. And it's normal that TB can't Reinstall the wifi passwords ? Thanks for all

I have 2 questions :

1. Loosing the passwords is known consequence. But is there any working way to get them restored? TB doesn't work indeed...

2. What happens if one flashes a different kernel (stock or other custom kernel) again after flashing this kernel. I guess you'll loose them every time, right?

vardar.baris

Jan 19, 2016
All samsung security related configs disabled (as knox, tima, restrict rooting) but why secure folder doesnt work.after flashing kernel pattern security doesnt work.I cant open with pattern.

Last edited:

Tkkg1994

Jun 10, 2014
Coding City
So, Is this good news for Samsung Pay users ?
All samsung security related configs disabled (as knox, tima, restrict rooting) but why secure folder doesnt work.after flashing kernel pattern security doesnt work.I cant open with pattern.
No it isn't read my post here:
Nope. Samsung has fixed this bug from the S7.
And most likely they will patch the s7 soon as well so we won't be able to use it.
On the s7 it was: hmmm kernel gives me no result, I think that means successfull passed.
Pretty stupid [emoji23]
Hey bud. After flashing your kernel I'm getting a bug in the Facebook app whereby if you are scrolling through comments on a thread the act of pressing on the screen to scroll continually gets picked up as a touch and hold event (i.e. edit post/copy post etc)

Given I didn't have the bug before flashing I have to assume it relates to changes made in your kernel.

Now interestingly I had exactly the same bug on my OnePlus 3 using AOSP or LOS so there must be a connection in the kernel config.

I'll try and pull a log.
Hey :)
Display driver is kept 100% stock and I haven't seen any problems in scrolling. Wouldn't say that it's related to kernel
I have 2 questions :

1. Loosing the passwords is known consequence. But is there any working way to get them restored? TB doesn't work indeed...

2. What happens if one flashes a different kernel (stock or other custom kernel) again after flashing this kernel. I guess you'll loose them every time, right?
It's because we switch off secure storage to false (from true on stock)
You loose it again each time you switch from secure storage true to false and vis a verse. This is mainly the cause from stock to custom not from custom to custom

Tkkg1994

Jun 10, 2014
Coding City
Seems No.
I was also sorta excited to wipe my device again, and Start from scratch with Magisk and this Kernel. However, My focus was on SamsungPay.
Anyhow knowing tkkg1994 from a long time, This kernel would do better than all other kernels.
Sadly this doesn't work anymore, I assume samsung will patch it also on the s7 soon (sadly)
also shealth doesnt works.can we do anything
It works fine, using it since I got my phone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    BatStock-Kernel for SM-G955F/FD/N models

screen_shot_2017-03-29_at_17.35.22.png

Supports Touchwiz Roms with AQDD and higher

IF YOU FOLLOW MY STEPS BELOW, YOU WILL LOSE YOUR WARRANTY, KNOX WILL DISPLAY 0x1! I'M NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGED DEVICE!

If you want to take my work and need it somewhere, or do other things with it, ask me first for the permission. Otherwise you are not allowed to take it! Thank you :)!

Features of this Kernel:
    - Build with latest self-made 6.3.0 GNU toolchain
    - Build with AQF7 kernel source code
    - Latest Linux version 4.4.76, is always up to date
    - Performance and Batterylife improved
    - Choose between different CPU governors: performance, powersave, userspace, ondemand, interactiv (default), conservative, schedutil
    - Includes latest AQF7 ramdisk
    - I/O schedulers: CFQ (Default), No-op, Deadline
    - F2FS enabled for /data and /cache disabled on 1.2.2 for testing
    - NTFS enabled
    - TCP (Network) control: Bic (default), Reno, cdg, cubic, dctcp, Westwood, Highspeed, Hybla, HTCP, Vegas, Veno, Scalable, LP, Yeah, Illinois, Lia, Olia, Wvegas, balia
    - SeLinux is set to permissive
    - All samsung security related configs disabled (as knox, tima, restrict rooting)

Download:
    V1.2.2 on AndroidFilehost

Bugs/Problems:
    - None

Instructions:
    0. Have a working recovery and encryption removed!
    1. Download kernel
    2. Boot into twrp recovery mode
    3. Flash kernel
    4. Flash any other file which affects ramdisk (Magisk or SuperSU)
    5. Reboot

If you wanna join the beta tester group, download yourself telegram and click on the chat link: Telegram Group

Support:
    If you like my work, feel free to hit thanks and/or give me a small donation by clicking the link right below. Thank you very much in any way! :D :good:

PayPal

Credits/Thanks:
    - Samsung for sources
    - the great linus for his amazing kernel source
    - Jesec for his workaround, without him custom kernels won't be possible on the s8!

XDA:DevDB Information
    BatStock-Kernel SM-G955F, Kernel for the Samsung Galaxy S8+

Contributors
    Tkkg1994
    Source Code: https://github.com/Tkkg1994/BatKernel/tree/TW70-stock

Kernel Special Features: Close to Stock Kernel

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: V1.2.2
    Stable Release Date: 2017-07-12

Created 2017-05-14
    Last Updated 2017-07-12
    Release BatStock-Kernel V1.1

BatStock-Kernel V1.1.0:
    - Added init.d support
    - Changes made by samsung in source code: led cover support, some other battery updates, display updates (mainly for red tint), other small fixes

Download V1.1
    Changelogs:

BatStock-Kernel V1.0:
    - Initial testing release (not on XDA)

BatStock-Kernel V1.0.1:
    - Fixed slow read speed
    - enabled f2fs
    - enabled ntfs
    - enabled all included govs/tcp/ioscheds
    - random driver updates

BatStock-Kernel V1.1.0:
    - Added init.d support

BatStock-Kernel V1.2.0:
    - Based on latest AQF7 release
    - Updated ramdisk to AQF7
    - Updated Linux to 4.4.74
    - ext4: fix data exposure after a crash (which should maybe fix the random reboots)
    - Updated included camera binaries

BatStock-Kernel V1.2.2:
    - Reverted an alarmtimer update which could have broken some deepsleep things
    - Added support for private mode
    - Updated linux to 4.4.76
    - Added stock init file (without being patched for f2fs, means f2fs won't work right now) to see if that has something to do with continous bootloops
    Sorry to bother you again about this, but is there an ETA on BatMan Rom? I'm holding off on upgrading to the S8+ 'til the Batman Rom is released and am waiting on tenterhooks for it.
    You're not sorry, otherwise you wouldn't do it, and you've asked twice about ETAs as far as I can see. You surely know that asking for ETAs here is frowned upon, and the dev has stated on more than one occasion that he will do the ROM. What more do you want?

Buy your S8+ or don't. Making its purchase dependent on the availability or otherwise of a specific ROM is frankly ridiculous.
    So, Is this good news for Samsung Pay users ?
    No it isn't read my post here:
    Nope. Samsung has fixed this bug from the S7.
    And most likely they will patch the s7 soon as well so we won't be able to use it.
    On the s7 it was: hmmm kernel gives me no result, I think that means successfull passed.
    Pretty stupid [emoji23]

I'll try and pull a log.
    Hey :)
    Display driver is kept 100% stock and I haven't seen any problems in scrolling. Wouldn't say that it's related to kernel
    I have 2 questions :

It's because we switch off secure storage to false (from true on stock)
    You loose it again each time you switch from secure storage true to false and vis a verse. This is mainly the cause from stock to custom not from custom to custom