• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

General [Kernel] StarKissed B2Q [Raccoon City]

Search This thread
Ya know, someone once told me I should vote with my wallet and get the model that supports unlocking the bootloader, but an open source device doesn't need to be inherently insecure...

Despite buying a European device being a poor choice without a European carrier and the device being completely secure until you complete all three steps that warn of the risk to unlock the bootloader, I still don't understand why one region supports it and another doesn't....

Anyway, I found the missing modules. Making a build now. We're going to try two tests or stop when the first one works. The first will be without the kperfmon module at all. The second will be building it into the kernel. In theory, it isn't necessary. That doesn't mean it isn't a dependency, though.

Last edited:
It's down to whether or not kperfmon is required. The build info for it says that in a build requiring it, it is already set to be inline. That should leave the option of not including it. There is also a slight chance that when it's built as a module, it is still expected to be present. Once that's sorted out, everything else should be good.

In theory, it will work either way. It may just crash if the module is being silently required. I could always go with the sure thing and build it in, but it's typically a source of performance loss.

Reactions: beanbean50
No luck here again, stuck on the Samsung Galaxy screen upon re-booting. Then it reboots after about 5 minutes and stuck again.

Ok, so kperfmon is required. If you have access to adb when it freezes,
insmod /vendor/lib/modules/kperfmon.ko
may be able to stop it from rebooting and kick it on

beanbean50

Jul 9, 2008
London
I tried to use adb the other day when it froze but it said device unauthorized (but it was authorized in the development options before the flash)

Edit:

1) On a side note, I feel your frustration about your bootloader woes. Did you buy the phone or on contract, is it too late to send it back if you cannot unlock it?

2) What do you mean it had the OEM unlock option? does it no longer have it

Last edited:
I tried to use adb the other day when it froze but it said device unauthorized (but it was authorized in the development options before the flash)

Edit:

On a side note, I feel your frustration about your bootloader woes. Did you buy the phone or on contract, is it too late to send it back if you cannot unlock it?

I traded in my Note 20 Ultra after the screen randomly started separating from the panel. They had never seen anything like it, but I squeaked in for a repair 4 days after the warranty ended. If anything went wrong after / from the repair, I was on my own.

On the other hand, I paid $700 for it and Samsung offered $700 for the trade. I wouldn't be able to get that back, so I'm kinda stuck.

The thing that didn't make sense is that it had the OEM unlock option, which supposedly doesn't come on devices purchased in the US. I'm not entirely convinced it won't be added back in a future update.

beanbean50

Jul 9, 2008
London
Nope, still getting stuck on the splash screen... I have the install log if that's any help?

The install log shouldn't be showing any issues if the install is a success. What should show the issue is last_kmsg.

cat /proc/last_kmsg
or
cat /sys/fs/pstore/console-ramoops

This can be done after returning to the working kernel, so there is no need to flash again to get the log.

Last edited:

iaio72

Jul 16, 2009
Rome
i am not a lover of samsung phones as they are famous for poor battery life, but this flip3 fascinated me and i got it, already i am owner of a razr 5g whose battery is much better so i am so anxious and hoping to have a kernel soon and maybe in the future an aosp rom, i believe the battery life will improve for this flip3.

i am not a lover of samsung phones as they are famous for poor battery life, but this flip3 fascinated me and i got it, already i am owner of a razr 5g whose battery is much better so i am so anxious and hoping to have a kernel soon and maybe in the future an aosp rom, i believe the battery life will improve for this flip3.

It will be a while before any major improvement to battery life. Only one person is testing builds. It is a lot to ask of one person to keep flashing things and restoring, especially without any way to test them first.

beanbean50

Jul 9, 2008
London
The install log shouldn't be showing any issues if the install is a success. What should show the issue is last_kmsg.

cat /proc/last_kmsg
or
cat /sys/fs/pstore/console-ramoops

This can be done after returning to the working kernel, so there is no need to flash again to get the log.
'access denied' when I try to adb it, should I be in a custom recovery

beanbean50

Jul 9, 2008
London
Hope this is of some use:

Edit:

eh, I have the last_kmsg and attached it here but it doesn't seem to be showing up.

Okay plan B I've 'Gmailed' you the log..!

Last edited:
Oh no I'm in trouble!

I followed a de-bloat thread but it started to bootloop. No problem I thought as I'll just odin flash the stock firmware again. It seemed to flash okay (has the green pass at the end) but it's still bootlooping (tried 4 times)

After a while it boots to a kind of half recovery screen, see the pictures below (sorry for the poor quality) tried a factory data reset then odin but no luck and the power off option just starts the bootloops again. Any ideas how to solve this (sorry for off topic but I'm getting kind of worried now!) No adb btw

Have you tried going to recovery manually and performing the factory reset there before flashing the stock firmware?

It sounds like the menu you are getting is trying to maintain your data, but if you are willing to perform a factory reset, that may help.

beanbean50

Jul 9, 2008
London
Have you tried going to recovery manually and performing the factory reset there before flashing the stock firmware?

It sounds like the menu you are getting is trying to maintain your data, but if you are willing to perform a factory reset, that may help.
Okay panic over! I flashed the stock AP file and it's rebooted to the set-up pages now.. phew what a relief! will be rooting again tomorrow .. thanks for your help

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I assumed, from how organized and thorough Samsung source is usually published, that I wouldn't need a driver that wasn't included. I guess it wouldn't hurt to include it. That and some Knox changes should get things sorted out. I also disabled a bit of log spam that I noticed that result from how modules are built for a custom kernel.
    d6drw47-f8769f63-5d4e-4be7-8a24-9019abe48de3.gif

This kernel is (currently still very) experimental. Use at your own risk.​

This kernel assumes a few things about you, the user:

1. You have a Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 3
    2. You have read all warnings and instructions
    3. You are rooted (implying an unlocked bootloader)
    4. You have an installation method
    5. You have a backup boot image

Releases will be labeled with the commit hash of their source. An unlocked device is recommended for this kernel, but not necessarily required. I am not responsible for any issues or damage caused by installing this kernel, so have a backup ready.

All kernels are released with the possibility of not booting. This should be considered a WIP release. They are provided for review and testing of the included components.

Thank you to everyone that has contributed to kernel development.
    Specific credit is provided by maintaining accurate commit history.
    Also, big thanks to @beanbean50 for testing the untested releases.

It will be a while before any major improvement to battery life. Only one person is testing builds. It is a lot to ask of one person to keep flashing things and restoring, especially without any way to test them first.
    Here's the install log if it's any help ...

Thanks. I think the issue is a few drivers that didn't inline. They hid them all over and Samsung added fuel to the fire by making individual configuration files for each platform (despite being identical).
    I really want to try this but for the life of me I can't get any fastboot commands to work (waiting for any device) flashed every known usb/fastboot driver out there, changed ports/cables etc but no luck, ADB works fine. Is there a way to make it flashable through Magisk or Odin?

I've been looking for how to convert it. I missed a couple changes, so I'm trying to wrap those up first.

I assumed, from how organized and thorough Samsung source is usually published, that I wouldn't need a driver that wasn't included. I guess it wouldn't hurt to include it. That and some Knox changes should get things sorted out. I also disabled a bit of log spam that I noticed that result from how modules are built for a custom kernel.