• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

General [Kernel] StarKissed B2Q [Raccoon City]

Search This thread

I assumed, from how organized and thorough Samsung source is usually published, that I wouldn't need a driver that wasn't included. I guess it wouldn't hurt to include it. That and some Knox changes should get things sorted out. I also disabled a bit of log spam that I noticed that result from how modules are built for a custom kernel.

Last edited:
Reactions: beanbean50

beanbean50

Jul 9, 2008
London

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    d6drw47-f8769f63-5d4e-4be7-8a24-9019abe48de3.gif

This kernel is (currently still very) experimental. Use at your own risk.​

This kernel assumes a few things about you, the user:

1. You have a Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 3
    2. You have read all warnings and instructions
    3. You are rooted (implying an unlocked bootloader)
    4. You have an installation method
    5. You have a backup boot image

Releases will be labeled with the commit hash of their source. An unlocked device is recommended for this kernel, but not necessarily required. I am not responsible for any issues or damage caused by installing this kernel, so have a backup ready.

All kernels are released with the possibility of not booting. This should be considered a WIP release. They are provided for review and testing of the included components.

Thank you to everyone that has contributed to kernel development.
    Specific credit is provided by maintaining accurate commit history.
    Also, big thanks to @beanbean50 for testing the untested releases.

i am not a lover of samsung phones as they are famous for poor battery life, but this flip3 fascinated me and i got it, already i am owner of a razr 5g whose battery is much better so i am so anxious and hoping to have a kernel soon and maybe in the future an aosp rom, i believe the battery life will improve for this flip3.

It will be a while before any major improvement to battery life. Only one person is testing builds. It is a lot to ask of one person to keep flashing things and restoring, especially without any way to test them first.
    Here's the install log if it's any help ...

Thanks. I think the issue is a few drivers that didn't inline. They hid them all over and Samsung added fuel to the fire by making individual configuration files for each platform (despite being identical).
    I really want to try this but for the life of me I can't get any fastboot commands to work (waiting for any device) flashed every known usb/fastboot driver out there, changed ports/cables etc but no luck, ADB works fine. Is there a way to make it flashable through Magisk or Odin?

I've been looking for how to convert it. I missed a couple changes, so I'm trying to wrap those up first.

I assumed, from how organized and thorough Samsung source is usually published, that I wouldn't need a driver that wasn't included. I guess it wouldn't hurt to include it. That and some Knox changes should get things sorted out. I also disabled a bit of log spam that I noticed that result from how modules are built for a custom kernel.