• XDA Forums have been migrated to XenForo. We are aware of several issues including missing threads, logins not working, and more. To discuss, use this thread.
  • If you are experiencing issues logging in, we migrated and software and made it more secure. We recommend trying to reset your password.

[KERNEL] StellAR Kernel for MI3/MI4 [UBER 6.0][Lollipop/MIUI/Ivan AOSP]

Which Would You Want??

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BIOLorenz

Jun 12, 2015
Mira
Okay, for a quick update i'm back mostly. Currently i am trying to automate stuff and trying different os. Doing it so that it compiles a kernel every week or so and also for the other community projects i have taken up now.
Great! I loved your kernel because it was full of features. The other kernel developers are gone, hope you'll do the best ;)

arnabbiswasalsodeep

Jan 26, 2013
Mumbai
I hope i can do so cuz now i think i hard bricked my phone....-_-
I tried to install miui 7.2 directly from rr rom november release (yeah, i didn't even update my rom)
The problem is i came to know that there is some partition changes so we should be on an miui version and update via mi recovery, which i updated from twrp 3.0
Currently is mostly in hard bricked state with not getting detected neither in adb nor fastboot but the partitions do get mounted (as it happens when u power down ur phone n connect to pc)
So at least that tell's me the phone is a bit alive and only partition problems (hopefully not fastboot) so that i can try n fix it or will have to give for servicing.

Reactions: diongdyh

Jay sharma

Sep 22, 2014
mumbai
I tried to install miui 7.2 directly from rr rom november release (yeah, i didn't even update my rom)
The problem is i came to know that there is some partition changes so we should be on an miui version and update via mi recovery, which i updated from twrp 3.0
Currently is mostly in hard bricked state with not getting detected neither in adb nor fastboot but the partitions do get mounted (as it happens when u power down ur phone n connect to pc)
So at least that tell's me the phone is a bit alive and only partition problems (hopefully not fastboot) so that i can try n fix it or will have to give for servicing.
i faced the same problem a week ago...got it working by flashing a fastboot rom of miui 4.4 version..the device will get recoginized in mi flash software which u can google and download...

DGEEEK

Dec 14, 2013
Bro this thread will solve the problem
this will work defiantly
u have to flash two file more files (gpt_main0.bin and gpt_both0.bin) with help of added script and also urs internal storage will format
http://forum.xda-developers.com/xiaomi-mi-3/general/guide-instruction-to-restore-mi4-mi3-t3279927

arnabbiswasalsodeep

Jan 26, 2013
Mumbai
Bro this thread will solve the problem
this will work defiantly
u have to flash two file more files (gpt_main0.bin and gpt_both0.bin) with help of added script and also urs internal storage will format
http://forum.xda-developers.com/xiaomi-mi-3/general/guide-instruction-to-restore-mi4-mi3-t3279927
I am trying that (saw on mi forum) but i'll need to short some wires n 4 screws don't want to get unscrewed so i'll probably need a better screwdriver. Might just have to focus on getting automation for kernel for now n then give blind builds.

Ohk. I'll wait for the it. :D
It can only work with some mm roms (stock mm was last tested by a friend a month ago) so if u have the rom n gapps zip then u can try but i doubt it'll work with rr. Anyways otherwise you can wait a while.

DGEEEK

Dec 14, 2013
@arnabbiswasalsodeep bro after connecting to PC if u saw 5-6 partition mounted on pc that's means urs mobile is not hard bricked I think.
OK just open mi flash
Connect mobile to PC if u saw partitions are mounted then click on refresh button two or three time on mi flash. The mobile will definitely detects on mi flash tool.
Then u have to edit the flash all script bat file with the help of thread which I posted on my previous reply.
I can help u bro on hangout msg me your E-mail.

arnabbiswasalsodeep

Jan 26, 2013
Mumbai
@arnabbiswasalsodeep bro after connecting to PC if u saw 5-6 partition mounted on pc that's means urs mobile is not hard bricked I think.
OK just open mi flash
Connect mobile to PC if u saw partitions are mounted then click on refresh button two or three time on mi flash. The mobile will definitely detects on mi flash tool.
Then u have to edit the flash all script bat file with the help of thread which I posted on my previous reply.
I can help u bro on hangout msg me your E-mail.
@arnabbiswasalsodeepam

Does MiFlash detect your phone when in fastboot?
I know it's not completely hard bricked, its near on the verge to it but i get those partitions and on some conditions i get the red notification light blinking. Cureently i am downloading the fastboot rom and before flashing i am currently examining the situation and effect-cause-input chain as i just wanna get some basic idea before going ham with flash, since i got the notification light, i m currently trying if fastboot is detected somehow otherwise will have to hard flash after inspection.

----------------
Edit:- I got my device back to life again, just too much more downloading to do then i'll be testing on miui mm
----------------

Update 25-3-16
So, i m just now downloading and testing roms and also downloading linux os all on my slow 1Mbps net speed, the os is itself of 2.5 GB and one rom is 340MB and i m testing 5 roms at least, so gg to me for such patience and downloading.

Last edited:

arnabbiswasalsodeep

Jan 26, 2013
Mumbai
@arnabbiswasalsodeep
Bro any update on urs project?
And also did u unbrick yours mobile?
Well, cant really blame you for not looking at the previous post for updates but meh, it's my fault
Btw, phone is fixed, got a stable os
Now I have to set up my vm and now downloading the kernel source and getinfo about up to date stuff is remaining with toolchain downloads
I'll try to put a build in 3 to 4 days and see if it boots (for info, i have an exam on 9th so if i miss the build then expect it after 9th)