• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[KERNEL][STOCK/CM10][ALL MDPI] nAa's 3.x eXtend [20130926]

Search This thread

mdfzhi

Jun 15, 2011
Code:
/*
 * Your warranty is now void.
 * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
 * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM/kernel
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
 * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
 */

Now this is nAa 3.x based kernel. Major props to him for making it happen. I thought we all would be forever stuck with ancient 2.6 kernel :p
The original from nAa is already good enough, but because i know howto compile kernel and feels uneasy using kernel compiled by others, here u go, somewhat extended kernel from the original one.

FEATURES:
Pretty much the same as nAa's, difference is:
1- compiled using Sourcery G++ Lite 2011.03-42 crosscompiler which is gcc 4.5.2 for kernel 3.4.x and with linaro 4.7-2013.06-1 which is gcc 4.7.4 for kernel 3.0.x
2- my own cpu frequency table with oc upto 1.8ghz with 100mhz steps. slightly preundervolted too.
3- not sure if its just me or the rom i'm using, interactive governor in nAa's seems abit buggy, it stayed at lowest frequency after waking from deep sleep thus making phone lags and unuseable. so i've patched it and make it default governor for kernel 3.4, and ondemand as default for kernel 3.0
4- enabled conservative and powersave cpu governor.
5- lowmemorykiller driver patched from various source
6- some networking stuff eg disabled all packet scheduling algorithm except sfb, and using veno as default tcp congestion avoidance algorithm.
7- using slub memory allocator instead of default slab.
8- enabled and use tiny preempt rcu instead or tiny rcu.
9- enabled sched autogroup.
10- wifi compat-driver is from "old" nAa's 3.4.0 which i think backported from kernel 3.8 or 3.9. current naa 03 kernel, he downgraded to compat-wireless from linux 3.2 due to some people said got connection error. that didn't happen to me so i haven't downgraded it. the 3.0 kernel uses compat-wireless 3.0.9-1.
11- currently patched to upstream linux 3.4.50 for kernel 3.4 and to 3.0.85 for kernel 3.0
12- removed smartassv2 and smartassh3 cpu governor. seems buggy and doesn't work well with kernel 3.4 and 3.0
13- added fiops disk io scheduler and made it default for kernel 3.4, sio as default for kernel 3.0
14- only for cm10. nAa's 03 got all individual ramdisk for stock, cm9, cm10 and cm10.1 ramdisk so it should boot with all those roms but i've only added cm10 ramdisk. if kernel detected that booting rom is not cm10 or cm10 based it'll force boot into recovery.
15- modules will be insmod directly from within ramdisk. existing modules in rom wont be touched.
16- miui based on cm10 compatibility by adding its required services in ramdisk.
17- stweaks support for kernel 3.0
18- probably many small things i forgot...

for more geeky bits by bits changes, read changelog.txt

BUGS?
it inherit the same bugs from nAa's kernel, probably more due to what i changed. but do not, i repeat, do not report bugs in any rom thread if u chose to use this kernel instead of default provided kernel in rom zip. by doing so u just made life harder for those rom maker/compiler. i'll bitchslap anyone who does so.
but if u still want to report bugs, report to me and provide logs. without logs i'll just ignore it.

SOURCE:
download patch file from sourcepatch folder from download link. apply the patch onto vanilla 3.4 kernel for kernel 3.4.x and onto vanilla 3.0.8 kernel for kernel 3.0.x

CREDITS/THANKS TO:
1- nAa who originally port codeaurora kernel 3.x
2- everyone whom contribute to nAa kernel 3.x
3- codeaurora
4- linus torvalds and whole kernel dev team
5- google and whole android dev team
6- sony for this phone.
7- <insert your name here if u feel that i've failed to mention your name, whoever u are>

Last edited:

mdfzhi

Jun 15, 2011
Pardon me but what about slow SD Card speed while copying from PC?
I experienced that before on nAa kernel
Sorry for my broken english

If I'm not mistaken, mike said he already solved it in his cm10.1 but i cannot seems to find any related commit in his github, or any other github that forked naa's. If anyone could point me to exact fix for it then I'm more than happy to include the fix.

edit: probably this one?
https://github.com/LegacyXperia/msm7x30-3.4.x-nAa/commit/3deef4ae03ba5eafc20f559644c0be6d6d3253b0

Last edited:

mdfzhi

Jun 15, 2011
This is for jelly bean 4.1...

Sent from my Xperia Mini using Tapatalk 2

Exactly. I already wrote clearly in thread title, in first post and in changelog. Thats why i changed boot init script to force boot into recovery if booting into unsupported rom. Spare them hassle of watching lags and systemui crash.

Should've made the script to trashed and corrupted partition tho, teach them unforgettable lesson to read properly :sly:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Code:
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM/kernel
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

Now this is nAa 3.x based kernel. Major props to him for making it happen. I thought we all would be forever stuck with ancient 2.6 kernel :p
    The original from nAa is already good enough, but because i know howto compile kernel and feels uneasy using kernel compiled by others, here u go, somewhat extended kernel from the original one.

FEATURES:
    Pretty much the same as nAa's, difference is:
    1- compiled using Sourcery G++ Lite 2011.03-42 crosscompiler which is gcc 4.5.2 for kernel 3.4.x and with linaro 4.7-2013.06-1 which is gcc 4.7.4 for kernel 3.0.x
    2- my own cpu frequency table with oc upto 1.8ghz with 100mhz steps. slightly preundervolted too.
    3- not sure if its just me or the rom i'm using, interactive governor in nAa's seems abit buggy, it stayed at lowest frequency after waking from deep sleep thus making phone lags and unuseable. so i've patched it and make it default governor for kernel 3.4, and ondemand as default for kernel 3.0
    4- enabled conservative and powersave cpu governor.
    5- lowmemorykiller driver patched from various source
    6- some networking stuff eg disabled all packet scheduling algorithm except sfb, and using veno as default tcp congestion avoidance algorithm.
    7- using slub memory allocator instead of default slab.
    8- enabled and use tiny preempt rcu instead or tiny rcu.
    9- enabled sched autogroup.
    10- wifi compat-driver is from "old" nAa's 3.4.0 which i think backported from kernel 3.8 or 3.9. current naa 03 kernel, he downgraded to compat-wireless from linux 3.2 due to some people said got connection error. that didn't happen to me so i haven't downgraded it. the 3.0 kernel uses compat-wireless 3.0.9-1.
    11- currently patched to upstream linux 3.4.50 for kernel 3.4 and to 3.0.85 for kernel 3.0
    12- removed smartassv2 and smartassh3 cpu governor. seems buggy and doesn't work well with kernel 3.4 and 3.0
    13- added fiops disk io scheduler and made it default for kernel 3.4, sio as default for kernel 3.0
    14- only for cm10. nAa's 03 got all individual ramdisk for stock, cm9, cm10 and cm10.1 ramdisk so it should boot with all those roms but i've only added cm10 ramdisk. if kernel detected that booting rom is not cm10 or cm10 based it'll force boot into recovery.
    15- modules will be insmod directly from within ramdisk. existing modules in rom wont be touched.
    16- miui based on cm10 compatibility by adding its required services in ramdisk.
    17- stweaks support for kernel 3.0
    18- probably many small things i forgot...

for more geeky bits by bits changes, read changelog.txt

BUGS?
    it inherit the same bugs from nAa's kernel, probably more due to what i changed. but do not, i repeat, do not report bugs in any rom thread if u chose to use this kernel instead of default provided kernel in rom zip. by doing so u just made life harder for those rom maker/compiler. i'll bitchslap anyone who does so.
    but if u still want to report bugs, report to me and provide logs. without logs i'll just ignore it.

SOURCE:
    download patch file from sourcepatch folder from download link. apply the patch onto vanilla 3.4 kernel for kernel 3.4.x and onto vanilla 3.0.8 kernel for kernel 3.0.x

CREDITS/THANKS TO:
    1- nAa who originally port codeaurora kernel 3.x
    2- everyone whom contribute to nAa kernel 3.x
    3- codeaurora
    4- linus torvalds and whole kernel dev team
    5- google and whole android dev team
    6- sony for this phone.
    7- <insert your name here if u feel that i've failed to mention your name, whoever u are>

finally got kernel 3.0 booting and working almost flawless on stock ics :D
    touch works, charging works, mass storage works, autobrightness works, led works, bluetooth can turn on (haven't test fully yet), gps works, wifi works, camera for taking picture works. what doesn't work for now is fmradio and camcorder (got preview, can't record video, just freeze and fc if press record).
    updated to 20130616 and uploaded for all four devices.
    fixed offline charging if using pincode in M66B's cm10 extend and patched to 3.4.49 from upstream linux.
    reserved for rainy days
    updated to 20130621 and uploaded for all four devices.

patched to upstream linux 3.4.50, some board cleanup from mike's repo and changed cwm to use the one from mike's cm10.1 20130617 which got poweroff option.

thanks to @andogeek10 for uploading the recovery ramdisk.