[KERNEL]Stock Decrypted Kernel without Verity Checks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

DespairFactor

Recognized Developer / Inactive RC
Mar 13, 2013
Toronto
Here is the stock kernel without verity checks and no forced encryption.

In order to decrypt your device, you must flash the img and format userdata.

Download: http://renderserver.net/?dl=efd034ffba8b6b67c8d50ab4499ed86f -MDB08K

Do not hesitate to ask for help. I get my device tomorrow and will be working on ROMs and custom kernels when I receive it.

DISABLE BCL
Here is how to disable BCL using an init.d script.
Code:
#!/system/bin/sh
sleep 40
echo disable > /sys/devices/soc.0/qcom,bcl.60/mode
What is BCL?
BCL polls the battery monitor system for various values such as voltage, current and temperature through the battery. This driver is meant to help prevent possible reboots, but with it removed on several devices we have seen no issues.

The way it prevents reboots is by setting thresholds and when the threshold is passed or tripped, it will throttle or unplug cores, which is detrimental to performance(we have seen it on the OnePlus Two and Nexus 6 so far). With that being said, wouldn't you truly like your device to run at its maximum performance and let the real hotplugging and thermal drivers work properly?

Last edited:

Heisenberg

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 29, 2011
Knocking on your door

Download: http://renderserver.net/?dl=efd034ffba8b6b67c8d50ab4499ed86f

Do not hesitate to ask for help. I get my device tomorrow and will be working on ROMs and custom kernels when I receive it.

You might just want to note that that boot.img is from the MDB08K variant. I've gone ahead and uploaded the stock boot.img from the MDA89D variant here:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B98G0KTJwnBFdGcxVV9PS3RQWXc

DespairFactor

Mar 13, 2013
Toronto
Last edited:

Heisenberg

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 29, 2011
Knocking on your door
Last edited:

DespairFactor

Mar 13, 2013
Toronto

Yeah I know that, it's no good buried within the comments in another thread though. I was pointing it out so it could be labeled appropriately here so people can download the correct boot.img for their variant.

Those files also only downloaded as 0.49MB on my side. I am working on seeing if we can root this thing somehow without the intervention of chainfire then I will do the older build.

itskapil

Apr 8, 2010
Bhilwara
Yeah I know that, it's no good buried within the comments in another thread though. I was pointing it out so it could be labeled appropriately here so people can download the correct boot.img for their variant.

EDIT: Don't mind me, I was looking at the wrong post...

:)

Those files also only downloaded as 0.49MB on my side. I am working on seeing if we can root this thing somehow without the intervention of chainfire then I will do the older build.

Fixed them:
http://downloadmirror.co/android/K5/mda89d-boot.img
http://downloadmirror.co/android/K6/mdb08k-boot.img
I know no use anymore, but feel free to PM me if you need a boot.img of Nexus devices anytime (read: when you are at work.. ) :)

Reactions: jesssiii

mattman83

Jan 19, 2011
Brisbane
How much of a difference is this expected to make to storage performance? Getting phone Monday hopefully and this seems the kind of thing you want to do out of the box, rather than formatting later.

M.

DespairFactor

Mar 13, 2013
Toronto
How much of a difference is this expected to make to storage performance? Getting phone Monday hopefully and this seems the kind of thing you want to do out of the box, rather than formatting later.

M.

It's just on userdata access, so stuff you usually find on the emulated SD such as pictures, music. videos. I swear by unencrypted anyways, because we won't be able to use TWRP properly without it;) I also remove verity so if you mod your system images we won't get corrupt system errors on boot. You will still see the bootloader one if your bootloader is unlocked, this happens on 6P and 5X.

Reactions: drdrewdown

Tung_meister

May 2, 2005
Rotherham
www.shleven.com

Just flashed the kernel - it's working fine. Now to wipe the device and get rid of this pesky encryption!

DespairFactor

Mar 13, 2013
Toronto
Just flashed the kernel - it's working fine. Now to wipe the device and get rid of this pesky encryption!
Are you able to try the new boot I uploaded for root compatibility? The name is root.img, you will have to go to the renderserver homepage and navigate from there

Sent from Nexus 5X in the Despair filled Dark Side

Tung_meister

May 2, 2005
Rotherham
www.shleven.com
Are you able to try the new boot I uploaded for root compatibility? The name is root.img, you will have to go to the renderserver homepage and navigate from there

I've flashed the one from chainfire's thread and that's working fine, I'll try yours now.

Edit: Stuck at the boot animation with yours.

Last edited:

elreydenj

Aug 12, 2012

Hello Despair. Are we supposed to get the bootloader unlocked verification message upon boot that says software cant be checked for corruption, please lock your bootloader? It boots after that....

DespairFactor

Mar 13, 2013
Toronto
Hello Despair. Are we supposed to get the bootloader unlocked verification message upon boot that says software cant be checked for corruption, please lock your bootloader? It boots after that....
Yeah, for now use the one previously stated to be working by chainfire for root

DespairFactor

Mar 13, 2013
Toronto
It is a bootloader lock check, wearent sure where the check resides yet, I am hoping it's in the device tree and we can kill it with custom roms
That shows up on his boot.img too.....

Reactions: elreydenj
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

DISABLE BCL
    Here is how to disable BCL using an init.d script.
    Code:
    #!/system/bin/sh
    sleep 40
    echo disable > /sys/devices/soc.0/qcom,bcl.60/mode
    What is BCL?
    BCL polls the battery monitor system for various values such as voltage, current and temperature through the battery. This driver is meant to help prevent possible reboots, but with it removed on several devices we have seen no issues.

The way it prevents reboots is by setting thresholds and when the threshold is passed or tripped, it will throttle or unplug cores, which is detrimental to performance(we have seen it on the OnePlus Two and Nexus 6 so far). With that being said, wouldn't you truly like your device to run at its maximum performance and let the real hotplugging and thermal drivers work properly?
    I have uploaded a new image that allows root and disables BCL in addition to removing verity and forced encryption. It is name noblcboot.img

Download: http://renderserver.net/?dl=efd034ffba8b6b67c8d50ab4499ed86f

You might just want to note that that boot.img is from the MDB08K variant. I've gone ahead and uploaded the stock boot.img from the MDA89D variant here:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B98G0KTJwnBFdGcxVV9PS3RQWXc
    When the latest kernel will be available?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Come on fella, you got an angler, you should know better than to ask for ETA on XDA.

Does anyone have a mirror for the mdb08k kernel please, I can't seem to download it to my phone, the one @Heisenburg posted downloads fine from drive.

Many thanks

EDIT: Don't mind me, I was looking at the wrong post...