[KERNEL] [Stock] [Linaro 4.7] Sev3n Kernel for GT-I9301I

Search This thread

sev3n1985

Sep 4, 2013
Milano
DISCLAIMER:

I'm not responsible for any bricked device, as always make a backup of your phone (including EFS)!

Hi all,

I'm proudly to give you an optizimed stock kernel only for GT-I9301I EUR. It's compiled with linaro 4.7.4 toolchain.

What's new:

- Add governors Alucard for MSM8226, darkness, pegasusq, smartmax, intellidemand, intelliactive, interactive, conservative, ondemand, perfomance;
- schedulers noop, deadline, row, cfq, sio, zen
- Compiled with Linaro toolchains 4.7.4
- Optimized for best performance
- Overclock CPU 1,6Ghz;
- Add MSM Hotplug by myfluxi
- Fixed CPU always on 1190 Mhz
- Fixed simple_ondemand
- Disabled DVFS
- Add autosmp hotplug
- Add powersuspend control
- More TCP congestion control: westwood, reno, cubic, vegas, veno, illinois, yeah etc etc
- Tuning up schedulers for better performance and less battery usage
- Cleaning up a little bit the codes
- Add USB Fast Charge support
- Fix errors that prevents deep sleep status

Download link:
https://mega.nz/#!nd8HTT4a!YqzT9o-7tbSQPy7AZAU2teD96u2aBgUbrzlaKdeEYsU - 28 jan 2016 v 2.0

A couple of suggestions:

- Disable mpdecision and enable only MSM Hotplug
- Use Alucard governor
- modify freq_responsiveness @998400
- Enable USB fastcharge under "Battery" if needed

Please donate if you can, press on Donate button!
Tnks to Guido for donation on Paypal :)

Last edited:

pablonik79

Jun 5, 2012
Next release will be overclocked. For cm12 you need to wait

Sent from my GT-I9301I using XDA Free mobile app

thanks a lot for the new kernel, is a long time since I wanted a custom kernel, tomorrow I try because I'm away from home, thanks to your work.

edit: I extracted the zip I flashed the kernel and boot file with the app rashr, it worked and I installed the kernel without Odin, now I have to choose which to use governor and then I will give a judgment, then install it without fear because it works.

Last edited:
Reactions: sev3n1985

sk1887

Sep 14, 2008
Brescia
Please add a flashable if it's possible :)

I've tried to making a flashable, using Rox's updater script.
Code:
assert(getprop("ro.product.device") == "s3ve3g" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "s3ve3g" || getprop("ro.product.device") == "s3ve3gds" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "s3ve3gds" || getprop("ro.product.device") == "s3ve3gjv" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "s3ve3gjv" || abort("This package is for device: s3ve3g,s3ve3gds,s3ve3gjv; this device is " + getprop("ro.product.device") + "."););
show_progress(0.050000, 5);
ui_print("Flashing kernel...");
package_extract_file("boot.img", "/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/boot");
show_progress(0.200000, 10);
ui_print("Done. Reboot.");
When I reboot the kernel is installed but /data doesn't mount at boot. Weird.

sev3n1985

Sep 4, 2013
Milano
Very Good My Friend ;)

I would overclock the GPU and the CPU, because the stock is the best on Performance.
About overclock CPU I suggest to not overlock it because, after some test, the phone become really, really hot only @ 1.5 Ghz, 57°C
I can enable a downlclock @ 249Mhz, overclock gpu, undervolt a little to save battery and try new hotplug drivers. When everything is stable i will release a test version and as always you will try it as a beta tester :D

Danny_Dewet

Oct 23, 2013
Perugia
About overclock CPU I suggest to not overlock it because, after some test, the phone become really, really hot only @ 1.5 Ghz, 57°C
I can enable a downlclock @ 249Mhz, overclock gpu, undervolt a little to save battery and try new hotplug drivers. When everything is stable i will release a test version and as always you will try it as a beta tester :D

You are right :)

I'll try, although fire can get up my s3 Neo Lol

Good Good ;)

varghesejjj

Dec 22, 2012
Abu Dhabi
Man can u please overclovk the other kernel for cm11. U can atleast add the option those people who want can use it. There are many devices with same chip set and clocked at 1.6ghz could u please try.

Reactions: Danny_Dewet

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    DISCLAIMER:

I'm not responsible for any bricked device, as always make a backup of your phone (including EFS)!

Hi all,

I'm proudly to give you an optizimed stock kernel only for GT-I9301I EUR. It's compiled with linaro 4.7.4 toolchain.

What's new:

- Add governors Alucard for MSM8226, darkness, pegasusq, smartmax, intellidemand, intelliactive, interactive, conservative, ondemand, perfomance;
    - schedulers noop, deadline, row, cfq, sio, zen
    - Compiled with Linaro toolchains 4.7.4
    - Optimized for best performance
    - Overclock CPU 1,6Ghz;
    - Add MSM Hotplug by myfluxi
    - Fixed CPU always on 1190 Mhz
    - Fixed simple_ondemand
    - Disabled DVFS
    - Add autosmp hotplug
    - Add powersuspend control
    - More TCP congestion control: westwood, reno, cubic, vegas, veno, illinois, yeah etc etc
    - Tuning up schedulers for better performance and less battery usage
    - Cleaning up a little bit the codes
    - Add USB Fast Charge support
    - Fix errors that prevents deep sleep status

Download link:
    https://mega.nz/#!nd8HTT4a!YqzT9o-7tbSQPy7AZAU2teD96u2aBgUbrzlaKdeEYsU - 28 jan 2016 v 2.0

A couple of suggestions:

- Disable mpdecision and enable only MSM Hotplug
    - Use Alucard governor
    - modify freq_responsiveness @998400
    - Enable USB fastcharge under "Battery" if needed

Please donate if you can, press on Donate button!
    Tnks to Guido for donation on Paypal :)
    Next release will be overclocked. For cm12 you need to wait

Ok I've rebuild the kernel to 1.2 version.
    What's new:
    - Added Fastcharge (need to be enabled on kernel adiutor under battery);
    - Fix some code errors to prevents deep sleep issues;
    http://d-h.st/pWIJ

Next release I'll implement the KCAL control (please wait, I'm full of works on those months)
    @sev3n1985 is a long time since most do not update this kernel, you have new or have stopped the development, good evening.
    Hi pablonik, I'm continuing to develop personal kernel as test version with some improvements, with sabermod toolchains
    Awesome work mate. Thanks for your patience with us.
    Any chance you will be make an OC kernel for CM12.1? I think many of us S3neo users are really anxious to when it will be out.

I've problems with my notebook, I'm waiting a new hard disk from amazon. When I received it and everything is ok I'll download again all the sources (I hate you, stupid seagate!)