• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[Kernel][STOCK/PORT][N910P] [08-25-17] DtuxKernel W07F - 710N - DR4G0N v2.8 (EOL)

What application would you prefer the kernel is optimized for?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Search This thread

carlosggb

Oct 18, 2012
Santiago
I'm on DRAGON v2.8 and so far everything is working great. As far as I can tell FAUX SOUND is fixed. Snacks sent! Thanks @carlosggb!

I'm Glad its working all good, Faux Sound gave me a headache but i was not willing to give up and finally nailed it, enjoy the kernel!

Thanks for the snacks!!!!!

JesseAaronSafir

Oct 25, 2011
Buddy how is the fast charge doing with the custom controks, is still fast or even a bit more now?
I can't say yet. I have all the charger sliders at max. I hope that's not dangerous. Fast charge normally takes maybe 40 minutes, right? I'll have to see if it's any faster. Also I'm curious if the wireless charging is faster. As I said, I felt on Friday at work that the wireless charging was definitely working faster than usual.

What about my questions about root? I'm on SuperSU bit can't find a way to run the GUI for it. I could try Magisk again but I was thinking several things I run don't play nice with it, most notably Titanium Backup. Am I wrong?

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

carlosggb

Oct 18, 2012
Santiago
Hey @carlosggb are you jumping to note8 when it available in Sept?

I hope not. I'm not interested in another Samsung unless they bring back removable batteries.

Note 8 will probably have the bootloader locked but the community is big and even if it takes time im sure that they will find the way around this, anyways im not sure i want to overpay for a device that the only thing that is special on it is the spen, no removable battery, no IR blaster, not sure of Fm but this phone is just a big S8 with spen, dual camera is no relevant for me, is just gimmicks.

As for the removable battery, we are pretty much in a dead end with it on the big players except LG, but this brand has many models that had suffered from the bootloop of dead that i don't know if they got over it.

Phones i might consider in December are:

-Huawei Mate 10 (or Honor 8 Pro)
-OnePlus 5 (or even 3T)
-Axon 8
-and others im looking at

EDIT: Added Honor 8 Pro

Last edited:

JesseAaronSafir

Oct 25, 2011
I'd look at LG. But also I don't like the idea of paying a monthly device charge for a device I never even "own" anyway. I got my Note 4 after the Note 5 came out and I only paid $1 on a 2 year contract, which was fine with me. The new "no contract" plans aren't much cheaper and you end up paying like $1000 for your device sometimes. It's a bunch of bull$hit IMHO. So probably I'm stay with my Note 4 until it dies.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Last edited:

ianmb

Mar 15, 2010
Fort Recovery
I'd look at LG. But also I don't like the idea of paying a monthly device charge for a device I never even "own" anyway. I got my Note 4 after the Note 5 came out and I only paid $1 on a 2 year contract, which was fine with me. The new "no contract" plans aren't much cheaper and you end up paying like $1000 for your device sometimes. It's a bunch of bull$hit IMHO. So probably I'm stay with my Note 4 until it dies.
So am I the only one here that got the email from Sprint that offered the Note8 with 200$ of the price with online pre-order? Makes my monthly payment 28.88$...according to Sprint, and the Galaxy Forever program too? After 12 months of paying, trade in for newest Note or Galaxy S series.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170827-175956.jpg
    Screenshot_20170827-175956.jpg
    244.2 KB · Views: 141

JesseAaronSafir

Oct 25, 2011
So am I the only one here that got the email from Sprint that offered the Note8 with 200$ of the price with online pre-order? Makes my monthly payment 28.88$...according to Sprint, and the Galaxy Forever program too? After 12 months of paying, trade in for newest Note or Galaxy S series.

I haven't seen that offer but even still, no removable battery and I'm not interested in paying $30/month for my device. I've never "leased" a car and I don't want to "lease" my phone either.

Edit: I got an email from Credo that showed pretty good pricing for iPhone (for my wife and our best friend, NEVER for me!) and for S8+ (no Note 8 yet) but as I said, I'm not interested in a phone with a fixed battery anyway. They don't seem to have the LG phones. Also, I figured out I'd be paying a lot MORE with Credo than I'm paying Sprint at this point. We own all 3 of our devices and we get everything unlimited for 3 lines for $155 and that's going to go down to $130 when my contract expires in October. If I HAD to pick a new phone I'd get the LG V20. They have it on lease for $10/month or $270 to purchase. I just hate the idea of "leasing" a phone.

Last edited:

ianmb

Mar 15, 2010
Fort Recovery
I haven't seen that offer but even still, no removable battery and I'm not interested in paying $30/month for my device. I've never "leased" a car and I don't want to "lease" my phone either.

Edit: I got an email from Credo that showed pretty good pricing for iPhone (for my wife and our best friend, NEVER for me!) and for S8+ (no Note 8 yet) but as I said, I'm not interested in a phone with a fixed battery anyway. They don't seem to have the LG phones. Also, I figured out I'd be paying a lot MORE with Credo than I'm paying Sprint at this point. We own all 3 of our devices and we get everything unlimited for 3 lines for $155 and that's going to go down to $130 when my contract expires in October. If I HAD to pick a new phone I'd get the LG V20. They have it on lease for $10/month or $270 to purchase. I just hate the idea of "leasing" a phone.

I can see your point also, but I think eventually all phones will have non removable batteries. Especially for the water resistant factor. My wife's old S5 was water resistant with a removable battery, but I don't see that as being submersible. I could be wrong, never tried. As far as the Note8 goes, I will probably do the same as I did when I pre-ordered the S8+...received the phone, registered for the GearVR with controller and ordered the $99 bundle w/256gb sdcard and AKG Bluetooth headphones. I never even had the phone activated. Received all of that in the mail then returned the phone. And yes the GearVR with Bluetooth controller works with the Note4, and the AKG Bluetooth headphones work simultaneously with the controller. So for the Note8, I can pay $10.73 for pre-order shipping and register for the $200+ Gear360 camera then return the phone and keep $200+ worth of free equipment...and I'm only out $10.

JesseAaronSafir

Oct 25, 2011
I can see your point also, but I think eventually all phones will have non removable batteries. Especially for the water resistant factor. My wife's old S5 was water resistant with a removable battery, but I don't see that as being submersible. I could be wrong, never tried. As far as the Note8 goes, I will probably do the same as I did when I pre-ordered the S8+...received the phone, registered for the GearVR with controller and ordered the $99 bundle w/256gb sdcard and AKG Bluetooth headphones. I never even had the phone activated. Received all of that in the mail then returned the phone. And yes the GearVR with Bluetooth controller works with the Note4, and the AKG Bluetooth headphones work simultaneously with the controller. So for the Note8, I can pay $10.73 for pre-order shipping and register for the $200+ Gear360 camera then return the phone and keep $200+ worth of free equipment...and I'm only out $10.

Pretty slick. I don't really care about water resistance. It would be nice but I'd MUCH rather have a removable battery and microsd card.

JesseAaronSafir

Oct 25, 2011
Hey everybody! Yesterday I got over 21 hours on a single charge with a fairly new battery on the new DRAGON v2.8 kernel! Dtux Adiutor showed me that all 4 cores were running at 300MHz a lot with some at 652MHz (probably when playing music with the screen off) and occasionally higher speeds like 1497MHz or 1958MHz. I was using the interactive governor with CPU Boost and the regular MPDecision hotplug, cfq i/o scheduler with 512kB read-ahead. That's pretty awesome battery life!

Interestingly the next battery I used drained 34% in 2 hours and the next battery I used drained 61% in 10h. I still sometimes have CoolTool telling me that "system_server" is using like 99% of my CPU. What does that even mean?

The battery life on my phone is inconsistent even with the same battery. I have two original OEM batteries that definitely show their age and then I bought 3 new ones in like May of this year (3 different brands) and they all seem to perform about the same. I wish I could get 21 hours or more per charge consistently. That one yesterday I was using a lot, listening to music a long time and watching Plex etc. I was very pleased with how the phone was only sipping and I wish I could understand why it was doing that.

Reactions: pcmanager

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    MM SPRINT DTUX KERNEL W07F v1.7 / 710N v2.6RE / DR4G0N v2.8 (EOL)
    [STOCK/PORT] [ENFORCING/PERMISSIVE] [STABILITY] [BALANCE] [SAFETYNET]

*** Disclaimer***
    You are the solely responsible if something goes wrong. It's Recommended to be on MM PK1 BASEBAND. AND READ CAREFULLY FOR THE INSTALL AND DETAILS.

This is the beginning, DTUX KERNEL, there will be 3 tiers:

-Wolf Tier: Stock alike, no fanciness but with some security patches and Enhancement in the performance and battery department.

-Lion tier: A good volume of tweaks will be available beside what the Wolf tier offers.

Dragon tier AKA 3DDYB022 3D1T10N! : Emotion alike, all the bells and whistles a la Dtux :)

Install instructions
    -Just Flash
    -Magisk v13.3 will also be installed
    -Get Magisk Manager 5.1.1 HERE if you are using this root method for the first time
    -Settings will be reset to default for Kernel Adiutor to prevent boot issues.

-W07F 3D1T10N Has been configured to work with a profiles system with Spectrum Kernel App -(DOWNLOAD HERE)

-710N & DR4G0N 3D1T10N Comes with Dtux Adiutor!!!

Steps for proper Gain Changes with Faux Sound
    1-Turn OFF the gain locks if its on (default is OFF)
    2-Change the gains to your liking
    3-Turn back ON the gain locks to ensure they won't be changed by any other app and to survive reboots if the sound tab applies on boot.

NOTE THAT SPECTRUM IF YOU JUST REBOOTED IT MAY TAKE UP TO 2MIN TO OPEN AS IT APPLIES LAST CHOSEN PROFILE AT BOOT
    -KERNEL STARTS IN ENFORCING MODE BY DEFAULT, BREAKING VIPER4ANDROID (IT NEEDS PERMISSIVE), INTALL THIS: The SELinux Toggler
    AND GIVE KUDOS TO THE DEV. THE APP WILL TAKE CARE ON EVERY BOOT TO PUT IT AS YOU LAST LEFT IT, WITH AN OPTIONAL NOTIFICATION

Downloads

ON 2ND POST FOR W07F, 3RD FOR 710N, 4TH FOR DR4G0N aka 3DDY_B002 3D1T10N

Credits

@Ram121 (Thanks for the help and commits!)
    @Freeza (Thanks for the source and great advices!)
    @Pafcholini (Thanks for the commits!!)
    @kevintm78 (Thanks for the Head start on this bumpy road, Kudos!)

OPEN TO FEATURES REQUEST FOR KERNEL :laugh:

XDA:DevDB Information
    DtuxKernel, Kernel for the Sprint Samsung Galaxy Note 4

Contributors
    carlosggb
    Kernel Special Features:

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: v2.6
    Stable Release Date: 2017-08-14
    Current Beta Version: v2.8
    Beta Release Date: 2017-08-25

Created 2017-07-14
    Last Updated 2017-08-30
    Via Wikipedia-

Dragon: Is a legendary creature, typically scaled or fire-spewing and with serpentine, reptilian or avian traits, that features in the myths of many cultures around world.

Dr4g0n: An almost mythical kernel for the sprint note 4 which belongs to the 3rd tier of the DtuxKernel Kingdom, trying to bring all the possible features that a normal or expert Swordsman would use and more.

Guys, you got no idea how much work i have put behind this DR4G0N version, it's insane really, there is a possibility that it will drop tonight, will just do one more test myself before the myth becomes....
    I don't have much experience with either myself, but this is your party so I'm sure you'll make the right decision!

Edit: After a quick search I discovered Faux has no impact with bluetooth use which is how I play most of my audio (either in the car or during classes to a bluetooth receiver) so let the others chime in fir what they need it for...

Not familiar with either - I think I used the True or Real sound for UN7

Just finished adding Faux, good night im tired
    Can you please post source matching your latest release in the op post?

I just want to notify that i still dont have internet service at home so haven't been able to upload the source yet. I have hopes to get the service back by Saturday, i live in a Caribbean island so Irma didn't play so cool with the services:(