• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[Kernel][STOCK/PORT][N910P] [08-25-17] DtuxKernel W07F - 710N - DR4G0N v2.8 (EOL)

What application would you prefer the kernel is optimized for?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Search This thread

Ibuprophen

Sep 4, 2012
Upstate New York
i certainty hope I'm wrong. I am basing it on how the tech industry uses EOL in marketing. Again, i hope i am wrong. JD
The Acronym of E.O.L./EOL had, in fact, been carried over to the Tech industry as meaning "End-Of-Life" and sometimes (though meaning the same) "End-Of-Life Cycle".

It really began to be used with Technology for Software and Hardware back in the "Stone Age" of Computers (ie... MS DOS and others).

This makes me feel old remembering when I used to provide Tech Support for computers using MS DOS... :what:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I Am The Egg Man,
They Are The Egg Men.
I Am The Walrus!
Coo Coo Cachoo!

I DO NOT PROVIDE SUPPORT VIA PM UNLESS ASKED/REQUESTED BY MYSELF.
PLEASE KEEP IT IN THE THREADS WHERE EVERYONE CAN SHARE

EVObastard

Jan 26, 2013
Philladelphia
i dont remember seeing that. do you have a link?

JD
For the ROM
9062db23e023c62f3895d9f4d5807d11.jpg

Sent from my Dtuxed Not 4

Reactions: JudasD

EVObastard

Jan 26, 2013
Philladelphia
When my phone gets below 30% I can't get it to wake unless I pull the battery, I can tell it's on but it doesn't wake. Usually happens after its been asleep for 30 minutes or so .

Sent from my Dtuxed Not 4

Last edited:

carlosggb

Oct 18, 2012
Santiago
Can you please post source matching your latest release in the op post?

I just want to notify that i still dont have internet service at home so haven't been able to upload the source yet. I have hopes to get the service back by Saturday, i live in a Caribbean island so Irma didn't play so cool with the services:(

Psilocelium

Aug 27, 2016
This is probably the best kernel I've found for my Note4 since I'm stuck using the stock firmware because TextNow is my service provider and their service relies on the original Sprint components running in the background. I would love to figure out how to build those into a custom ROM like Resurrection Remix.

Anyways. the issue I have with all of the DTUX kernel builds is that on every reboot, the WIFI password is wiped and I have to re-enter it each startup. I like this kernel so much that I will put up with the annoyance but there has to be a fix for this. I haven't read each post in this thread so I apologize if that was already covered.

Anyone have a fix for WIFI credentials resetting?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    MM SPRINT DTUX KERNEL W07F v1.7 / 710N v2.6RE / DR4G0N v2.8 (EOL)
    [STOCK/PORT] [ENFORCING/PERMISSIVE] [STABILITY] [BALANCE] [SAFETYNET]

*** Disclaimer***
    You are the solely responsible if something goes wrong. It's Recommended to be on MM PK1 BASEBAND. AND READ CAREFULLY FOR THE INSTALL AND DETAILS.

This is the beginning, DTUX KERNEL, there will be 3 tiers:

-Wolf Tier: Stock alike, no fanciness but with some security patches and Enhancement in the performance and battery department.

-Lion tier: A good volume of tweaks will be available beside what the Wolf tier offers.

Dragon tier AKA 3DDYB022 3D1T10N! : Emotion alike, all the bells and whistles a la Dtux :)

Install instructions
    -Just Flash
    -Magisk v13.3 will also be installed
    -Get Magisk Manager 5.1.1 HERE if you are using this root method for the first time
    -Settings will be reset to default for Kernel Adiutor to prevent boot issues.

-W07F 3D1T10N Has been configured to work with a profiles system with Spectrum Kernel App -(DOWNLOAD HERE)

-710N & DR4G0N 3D1T10N Comes with Dtux Adiutor!!!

Steps for proper Gain Changes with Faux Sound
    1-Turn OFF the gain locks if its on (default is OFF)
    2-Change the gains to your liking
    3-Turn back ON the gain locks to ensure they won't be changed by any other app and to survive reboots if the sound tab applies on boot.

NOTE THAT SPECTRUM IF YOU JUST REBOOTED IT MAY TAKE UP TO 2MIN TO OPEN AS IT APPLIES LAST CHOSEN PROFILE AT BOOT
    -KERNEL STARTS IN ENFORCING MODE BY DEFAULT, BREAKING VIPER4ANDROID (IT NEEDS PERMISSIVE), INTALL THIS: The SELinux Toggler
    AND GIVE KUDOS TO THE DEV. THE APP WILL TAKE CARE ON EVERY BOOT TO PUT IT AS YOU LAST LEFT IT, WITH AN OPTIONAL NOTIFICATION

Downloads

ON 2ND POST FOR W07F, 3RD FOR 710N, 4TH FOR DR4G0N aka 3DDY_B002 3D1T10N

Credits

@Ram121 (Thanks for the help and commits!)
    @Freeza (Thanks for the source and great advices!)
    @Pafcholini (Thanks for the commits!!)
    @kevintm78 (Thanks for the Head start on this bumpy road, Kudos!)

OPEN TO FEATURES REQUEST FOR KERNEL :laugh:

XDA:DevDB Information
    DtuxKernel, Kernel for the Sprint Samsung Galaxy Note 4

Contributors
    carlosggb
    Kernel Special Features:

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: v2.6
    Stable Release Date: 2017-08-14
    Current Beta Version: v2.8
    Beta Release Date: 2017-08-25

Created 2017-07-14
    Last Updated 2017-08-30
    Via Wikipedia-

Dragon: Is a legendary creature, typically scaled or fire-spewing and with serpentine, reptilian or avian traits, that features in the myths of many cultures around world.

Dr4g0n: An almost mythical kernel for the sprint note 4 which belongs to the 3rd tier of the DtuxKernel Kingdom, trying to bring all the possible features that a normal or expert Swordsman would use and more.

Guys, you got no idea how much work i have put behind this DR4G0N version, it's insane really, there is a possibility that it will drop tonight, will just do one more test myself before the myth becomes....
    I don't have much experience with either myself, but this is your party so I'm sure you'll make the right decision!

Edit: After a quick search I discovered Faux has no impact with bluetooth use which is how I play most of my audio (either in the car or during classes to a bluetooth receiver) so let the others chime in fir what they need it for...

Not familiar with either - I think I used the True or Real sound for UN7

Just finished adding Faux, good night im tired
    Can you please post source matching your latest release in the op post?

I just want to notify that i still dont have internet service at home so haven't been able to upload the source yet. I have hopes to get the service back by Saturday, i live in a Caribbean island so Irma didn't play so cool with the services:(