[Kernel][STOCK/PORT][N910P] [08-25-17] DtuxKernel W07F - 710N - DR4G0N v2.8 (EOL)

What application would you prefer the kernel is optimized for?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Search This thread

JesseAaronSafir

Oct 25, 2011
710N v2.7 Cancelled
Game Over :(

:( What's up with that? I just got on LION v2.6 as of yesterday and I'm LOVING it! Incidentally, the sound bug seems to come back from things like an incoming call. I can indeed fix it temporarily by going to Dtux Adiutor->Sound and messing with the gain sliders. I've had to mess with the "Headphone PowerAmp Gain" and the "Headphone Gain" to get it working properly again. Thoughts?

ianmb

Mar 15, 2010
Fort Recovery
Oh! I just did this in Dtux Adiutor/Sound and I think it fixed the horrible sound problems I was having with LION 2.6. So it seems to me that the bug was/is still present in 2.6 as well. Still, I don't get where the Faux Sound interface is that you showed in your screenshot. Is it just rolled into the Dtux Adiutor/Sound page?

---------- Post added at 10:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:36 AM ----------

Noted...I have removed "Kernel Adiutor", the old "SELinuxToggler" and "Spectrum" since I'm on LION v2.6 with Dtux Adiutor.

But where's this "Viper->Kernel Boost" setting? What's that about?

---------- Post added at 10:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:48 AM ----------

Yeah I'm loving DT2W too! But DT2S, I don't get. It's enabled but I'm not sure how to get it to work. Even on lock screen a double-tap just acts like a failed attempt to unlock? I also have SL2W working but similarly I'm not sure how to do a SR2S without doing other stuff on the phone. Even in lock screen a SR would unlock rather than put it to sleep. Thoughts on that?

---------- Post added at 11:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:58 AM ----------

I have some interested in UMS but mostly when I need to copy stuff to and from my external sdcard, I use dooblou WiFi File Explorer Pro and if I need to move a LOT of files, I just eject the card and put it in a USB 3.0 card reader.

---------- Post added at 11:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:07 AM ----------

I could be crazy but it seems to me that since flashing LION v2.6, my wireless charging is MUCH faster! Normally when I put my phone on the wireless charger, it can barely keep up and at best charges at like 1% or 2% every maybe 10-20 minutes. Now after LION, I put it on the charger and it went from 50% up to 94% in probably 40 minutes. This is great!

Also, the sound quality is now AMAZING!!! This ROM/Kernel combination is SICK AS F*CK!!! @carlosggb you are AMAZING!!

With DT2S you need to double tap up on the status bar for it to work

Reactions: pcmanager

JesseAaronSafir

Oct 25, 2011
So initially I was getting great battery life on LION v2.6 but then I changed some stuff in Dtux Adiutor and now I'm only getting like 7 hours on a fairly new battery. I'm wondering if enabling wake/sleep gestures did it or maybe setting the alucard governor and io scheduler? Or maybe adjusting the wakelock controls to recommended values? Or maybe using Spectrum alongside Dtux Adiutor was good for battery life and removing Spectrum is the problem? For now I'm trying disabling DT2W. Thoughts?

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

EVObastard

Jan 26, 2013
Philladelphia
I've been testing various settings all week as you have seen, best battery life was with default settings (nothing turned on) also anything I had turned on caused battery to immediately drop 2%after unplugging. Hotplug on caused reboots. I'm running default settings and happy with that.

Sent from my Dtuxed Not 4

JesseAaronSafir

Oct 25, 2011
I've been testing various settings all week as you have seen, best battery life was with default settings (nothing turned on) also anything I had turned on caused battery to immediately drop 2%after unplugging. Hotplug on caused reboots. I'm running default settings and happy with that.

So to get back to defaults did you just uncheck all the apply on boot toggles? What about running Spectrum balanced alongside Dtux Adiutor?

EVObastard

Jan 26, 2013
Philladelphia
So to get back to defaults did you just uncheck all the apply on boot toggles? What about running Spectrum balanced alongside Dtux Adiutor?

Yes unchecked all "apply on boot" and I uninstalled spectrum, I was under the impression we weren't suppose to use spectrum with 7ion 3dition, only use it for Wo7f 3dition.

JesseAaronSafir

Oct 25, 2011
Yes unchecked all "apply on boot" and I uninstalled spectrum, I was under the impression we weren't suppose to use spectrum with 7ion 3dition, only use it for Wo7f 3dition.

You are correct but that being said I was using Spectrum initially with LION and it didn't seem to hurt so I thought I'd give it a try. I unchecked all "apply at boot" stuff in Dtux Adiutor and reinstalled Spectrum and my battery only drained 12% over 4 hours.

carlosggb

Oct 18, 2012
Santiago
PhJcuG6.png

JesseAaronSafir

Oct 25, 2011
So I'm wondering what's the difference between running LION v2.6 with default settings vs running WOLF v1.7. I still have some trouble with faux sound on LION v2.6 and I'm thinking of trying LION v1.9 (which I believe has faux sound removed) or WOLF v1.7. Thoughts?

JesseAaronSafir

Oct 25, 2011
So...I'm on LION v1.9. Indeed Dtux Adiutor has those faux sound settings removed. Haven't tried the audio yet. I also flashed the v9 mod to switch back to supersu and play store says it's installed but for some reason I don't see an icon for it in my app tray.

ulremember

Sep 16, 2012
So initially I was getting great battery life on LION v2.6 but then I changed some stuff in Dtux Adiutor and now I'm only getting like 7 hours on a fairly new battery. I'm wondering if enabling wake/sleep gestures did it or maybe setting the alucard governor and io scheduler? Or maybe adjusting the wakelock controls to recommended values? Or maybe using Spectrum alongside Dtux Adiutor was good for battery life and removing Spectrum is the problem? For now I'm trying disabling DT2W. Thoughts?

Good day. Where can I find this Lion Kernel?
Blessings

JesseAaronSafir

Oct 25, 2011
Thank you and I'm lol.
Blessings. I am getting terrible battery life on 2.7

Yeah and @carlosggb "pulled" 2.7 back because of a bug he discovered so I'd revert to a previous build until he has something new for us. I wish I could have 2.6 without the faux sound. I guess I'm getting about 7-10 hours per charge on the v1.9 kernel with default settings. I might try the WOLF 1.7 too just to compare battery life with that but there were definitely features about LION that appeal to me that aren't included in WOLF.

carlosggb

Oct 18, 2012
Santiago
Via Wikipedia-

Dragon: Is a legendary creature, typically scaled or fire-spewing and with serpentine, reptilian or avian traits, that features in the myths of many cultures around world.

Dr4g0n: An almost mythical kernel for the sprint note 4 which belongs to the 3rd tier of the DtuxKernel Kingdom, trying to bring all the possible features that a normal or expert Swordsman would use and more.

Guys, you got no idea how much work i have put behind this DR4G0N version, it's insane really, there is a possibility that it will drop tonight, will just do one more test myself before the myth becomes....

carlosggb

Oct 18, 2012
Santiago
Two releases live tonight!

710N v2.6RE (Reloaded Editon)

DR4G0N v2.8

Check some screenshots of DR4GON Ed. aka 3DDY_B022

If you like it send some snacks my way to keep adding :laugh:

Attachments

• Screenshot_2017-08-25-22-19-33.jpg
    Screenshot_2017-08-25-22-19-33.jpg
    170.4 KB · Views: 150
  • Screenshot_2017-08-25-20-11-08.jpg
    Screenshot_2017-08-25-20-11-08.jpg
    145.8 KB · Views: 146
  • Screenshot_2017-08-25-20-12-15.jpg
    Screenshot_2017-08-25-20-12-15.jpg
    162.2 KB · Views: 145

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    MM SPRINT DTUX KERNEL W07F v1.7 / 710N v2.6RE / DR4G0N v2.8 (EOL)
    [STOCK/PORT] [ENFORCING/PERMISSIVE] [STABILITY] [BALANCE] [SAFETYNET]

*** Disclaimer***
    You are the solely responsible if something goes wrong. It's Recommended to be on MM PK1 BASEBAND. AND READ CAREFULLY FOR THE INSTALL AND DETAILS.

This is the beginning, DTUX KERNEL, there will be 3 tiers:

-Wolf Tier: Stock alike, no fanciness but with some security patches and Enhancement in the performance and battery department.

-Lion tier: A good volume of tweaks will be available beside what the Wolf tier offers.

Dragon tier AKA 3DDYB022 3D1T10N! : Emotion alike, all the bells and whistles a la Dtux :)

Install instructions
    -Just Flash
    -Magisk v13.3 will also be installed
    -Get Magisk Manager 5.1.1 HERE if you are using this root method for the first time
    -Settings will be reset to default for Kernel Adiutor to prevent boot issues.

-W07F 3D1T10N Has been configured to work with a profiles system with Spectrum Kernel App -(DOWNLOAD HERE)

-710N & DR4G0N 3D1T10N Comes with Dtux Adiutor!!!

Steps for proper Gain Changes with Faux Sound
    1-Turn OFF the gain locks if its on (default is OFF)
    2-Change the gains to your liking
    3-Turn back ON the gain locks to ensure they won't be changed by any other app and to survive reboots if the sound tab applies on boot.

NOTE THAT SPECTRUM IF YOU JUST REBOOTED IT MAY TAKE UP TO 2MIN TO OPEN AS IT APPLIES LAST CHOSEN PROFILE AT BOOT
    -KERNEL STARTS IN ENFORCING MODE BY DEFAULT, BREAKING VIPER4ANDROID (IT NEEDS PERMISSIVE), INTALL THIS: The SELinux Toggler
    AND GIVE KUDOS TO THE DEV. THE APP WILL TAKE CARE ON EVERY BOOT TO PUT IT AS YOU LAST LEFT IT, WITH AN OPTIONAL NOTIFICATION

Downloads

ON 2ND POST FOR W07F, 3RD FOR 710N, 4TH FOR DR4G0N aka 3DDY_B002 3D1T10N

Credits

@Ram121 (Thanks for the help and commits!)
    @Freeza (Thanks for the source and great advices!)
    @Pafcholini (Thanks for the commits!!)
    @kevintm78 (Thanks for the Head start on this bumpy road, Kudos!)

OPEN TO FEATURES REQUEST FOR KERNEL :laugh:

XDA:DevDB Information
    DtuxKernel, Kernel for the Sprint Samsung Galaxy Note 4

Contributors
    carlosggb
    Kernel Special Features:

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: v2.6
    Stable Release Date: 2017-08-14
    Current Beta Version: v2.8
    Beta Release Date: 2017-08-25

Created 2017-07-14
    Last Updated 2017-08-30
    Via Wikipedia-

Dragon: Is a legendary creature, typically scaled or fire-spewing and with serpentine, reptilian or avian traits, that features in the myths of many cultures around world.

Dr4g0n: An almost mythical kernel for the sprint note 4 which belongs to the 3rd tier of the DtuxKernel Kingdom, trying to bring all the possible features that a normal or expert Swordsman would use and more.

Guys, you got no idea how much work i have put behind this DR4G0N version, it's insane really, there is a possibility that it will drop tonight, will just do one more test myself before the myth becomes....
    I don't have much experience with either myself, but this is your party so I'm sure you'll make the right decision!

Edit: After a quick search I discovered Faux has no impact with bluetooth use which is how I play most of my audio (either in the car or during classes to a bluetooth receiver) so let the others chime in fir what they need it for...

Not familiar with either - I think I used the True or Real sound for UN7

Just finished adding Faux, good night im tired
    Can you please post source matching your latest release in the op post?

I just want to notify that i still dont have internet service at home so haven't been able to upload the source yet. I have hopes to get the service back by Saturday, i live in a Caribbean island so Irma didn't play so cool with the services:(