• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[KERNEL][STOCK][TA-MOD] Xceed [Synapse][BUMPED][D85x][LP|MM][Nightlies:11/12]

Search This thread

Ciccius-IT

Feb 6, 2012
Capannori
OnePlus 8T
That's me :) the latest nightly is 2.3k although there are some unreleased yet versions under testing.. ;) Kairi is doing his best to provide you all with unparalleled performance with decent battery life through continuous development and testing..

Sent from my LG G3-D55 using Tapatalk
Running Fulmics MM 4.2
Powered by Xceed MM Kernel TB2.3o
[emoji4] [emoji4] [emoji4]

Inviato dal mio LG-D855 utilizzando Tapatalk

DE52

Aug 1, 2013
Montreal
Hi @kairi_zeroblade
Thanks for this kernel. Really nice.
I wanna ask where i can find test builds. Is there a seperate thread for it. I only found 2.2g to download but people here mention 2.3m, 2.3o...

Help please
you can find them by searching the word "nightly" in the search box of the thread. Some of the mentioned test versions are unreleased. The dev only releases test versions he feels are ready to be tested and used by the public, so at this time, 2.3m and up are unreleased, but you can still get 2.3k usually unless it was removed from the devs google drive

cultofluna

Nov 25, 2015
Google Pixel 4 XL
OnePlus 8 Pro
Hi @kairi_zeroblade
I wanna ask where i can find test builds. Is there a seperate thread for it. I only found 2.2g to download but people here mention 2.3m, 2.3o...

Help please

These last two builds that you mentioned are under testing from Kairi's team
They are not available to download...

D855
RUNNING:N&N 2.0 STOCK MM

---------- Post added at 10:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:39 PM ----------

Hi @kairi_zeroblade

Help please

But you can try 2.3e and 2.3k...

D855
RUNNING:N&N 2.0 STOCK MM

Reactions: sharp3r

Smittels

Apr 5, 2015
Cologne
I don't know why but whichever build I try,2 cores always stays at 960mhz when at idle.They do not go to 300mhz.It enter in deep sleep but when screen is on then it stays on 960mhz.Anyone else has this?

It just seems to be like this, but the frequency drops to 300mhz. Just check the time in cpu states in synapse and you'll see that you'll have a lot of time at 300mhz. I guess that Synapse just cannot display the current frequencies accordingly since loads and frequencies change within milliseconds. So no need to worry

umair42

Mar 12, 2012
Sialkot
It just seems to be like this, but the frequency drops to 300mhz. Just check the time in cpu states in synapse and you'll see that you'll have a lot of time at 300mhz. I guess that Synapse just cannot display the current frequencies accordingly since loads and frequencies change within milliseconds. So no need to worry
I think it spends most of the time on 960mhz as you can see in screenshots.
6e620974458dfb139ad2d7349bbc9c70.jpg

0ea667dac47f106e5085ba3ab15da5eb.jpg

d04c6411b4ad41502cecffe70521cb80.jpg

Smittels

Apr 5, 2015
Cologne
I think it spends most of the time on 960mhz as you can see in screenshots.

Well, 960mhz is the optimal frequency, so as long as the display is turned on and the load crosses the threshold, the cpu will run at 960mhz. But why shouldn't it? 960mhz is very low but gives good performance and you have more than 60% at or below 960mhz.
And it depends on what you doing with your device when screen on.
Set optimal frequency to 300mhz to try it....

Reactions: umair42

sub7ei

Oct 7, 2012
Severe Lag Problem

I have severe lag especially in system ui, scrolling in chrome is smooth.
D855
Fulmics Rom 4.2 (No CTT mod)
Xceed 2.3k
No Synapse
No xposed
Logcat included.

Attachments

• logcat-2016-03-20.12.01.03.zip
    107.4 KB · Views: 18

kairi_zeroblade

Feb 10, 2011
New Nightly!!

Ok after I saw your reactions and some of you called me "names" and other stuff (thats unlikely unhappy to recall), I'm giving you nightlies, this is again not an obligation for you to flash if you loved a previous version nor you got bored out of my stuff..

You also guys respect @Dene_Bluesman (D852 ROM maintainer) as he works closely to me for the D852 builds..he knows me better than those of you who called me names..he is the 1st one to dump me logs for ports incase there's issues BEFORE he starts complaining about the test build being sloppy or crappy..again this is not obligatory but a REQUEST..if you don't feel respecting me or anyone from my test Team then be it..I'm not here to please only you..I have to please my self and some others too..

Notes:
  • WIPE Synapse application data..else you'd run into your own silly issues..

Again for those who are having difficulties in reading or searching, I won't tolerate your laziness..this is a Dev thread..I've been working my butt out for test builds so should you work it out too yourselves incase you missed out the Nightlies' post..

Cheers!!

tghandour

Jul 3, 2003
Cairo
Thanks Kairi_zeroblade.

Now I have uninstall Synapse, if I want to send a Logcat could I use any of the tools in the play store or one particular is mandatory?

Mate, Kairi only asked to clear Synapse app data before flashing.. He didn't ask to uninstall or remove the app :)

Before flashing the latest nightly, go to Settings / Apps / Synapse / Storage and clear the app data then flash the latest nightly. You still can use Synapse for fine tuning and grabbing logs.. :)

Sent from my LG G3-D55 using Tapatalk
Running Fulmics MM 4.2
Powered by Xceed MM Kernel TB2.3o

Ciccius-IT

Feb 6, 2012
Capannori
OnePlus 8T
Thanks tghandour, I already know how to clear data for Synapse. But I uninstall it because I don't use it. I don't tune kernel settings. I thought that Synapse was necessary for the kernel itself and for Kairi settings.

Now my interest is to know if I can use other tools to keep and send logcat or if Synapse is mandatory even for that. Probably a silly question, but taking a look at what happened here now I don't want to make other mistake and give correct data to Kairi in case of issues.

sharp3r

Oct 30, 2013
I've been on 2.3k kernel since last night and it's quite smooth except for 2 random reboots. I flashed the kernel as it is, i don't use Synapse or any other kernel manager. Now i'm gonna flash 2.3o version and I wanna know if there a way to get logs if it crashes or should I just dump logcat only?

i lost root access after flashing 2.3k and same with 2.3o. I had to flash SuperSU again followed by SharpeningMod from skin1980 to get back my root access.

I honestly don't know if it's related to the kernel, ROM (fulmics 4.2) or SuperSU (version 2.65).

Great work @kairi_zeroblade :)
Thanks again

Last edited:

joesf

Apr 23, 2013
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Thanks @kairi_zeroblade. Please don't be disheartened by all those people not worth mentioning. Even the mods have to reacted because of them!

I think you need to go back and reread the mods post again. You'll find it was directed at kairi_zeroblade as well. Maybe you genuinely missed that bit or maybe you chose not to mention it.

Reactions: cultofluna

demoncamber

Jan 20, 2012
Ok after I saw your reactions

Cheers!!
This is great, thanks. I'm just saying wouldn't it be so much easier for everyone, including yourself, to just upload all nightlies into a Dropbox folder or something like that, so everyone knows where to always go, and can find whatever version they want all in one place? I've searched and searched, and keep finding nightlies for MM but nothing newer than the stable release for LP, so I'm guessing there's no newer version. Just saying, terribly inefficient to randomly drop a nightly link throughout your thread to only get lost in a sea of posts after.

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk

Anarchist77

Sep 13, 2014
I think you need to go back and reread the mods post again. You'll find it was directed at kairi_zeroblade as well. Maybe you genuinely missed that bit or maybe you chose not to mention it.
------------------------

I think you need to stop trying to start arguments. If you do not like the work posted here, please leave and find something else.

Reactions: kairi_zeroblade

alleyezondisromo

Mar 23, 2007
Newport Beach, Ca
Using a D850 here with the latest nightly.. So far so good , the ui does seem to have improved in terms of fluidity over 2.2k( random minute lags, almost not noticeable) Im very barebones when it comes to this phone so no xposed, or synapse just Fulmics 4.2 and your kernel Kairi. The battery hasnt settled in yet so ill report again after my second charge cycle. Top knotch work , thank you for your contribution.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    23shkbs.png

**Snapdragon™ is a registered trademark owned by Qualcomm Technologies Inc.
    **Synapse™ is a registered trademark owned by @Andreilux
    **(v1)Xceed Logo™ is created by @fareed_extreme
    **(v2)Xceed Logo™ is created by @Sharan Narayan
    **(v3)Xceed Logo™ is created by @JeGuina

XDA:DevDB Information
    Xceed Custom Kernel, Kernel for the LG G3

Contributors
    kairi_zeroblade
    Source Code: https://github.com/zeroblade1984/Galbi

Kernel Special Features:

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: Production build 2
    Stable Release Date: 2016-04-10

Created 2015-10-10
    Last Updated 2016-12-07
    New Nightly!!

As promised!!

FM Radio fix is here..as well fixes the bootloops on D852..a huge thanks to my test team for dropping a chunky log that pointed me into a working solution(@tghandour)..and thanks to @Dene_Bluesman for being a guinea pig for the D852.. :D

Again I'd like to also thank everyone here who has been helping out everyone..(I'll push thanks when it re-charges, I still owe some of you my thanks!!)

Unlike the usual, this release, does not require any wiping of Synapse app data as I never changed anything..

D850 Marshmallow
    D851 Marshmallow
    D852 Marshmallow
    D855 Marshmallow

Like usual, for issues, it would be helpful if you can drop me logs..(there are tools on the Synapse layout that does that for you..)BUT make sure that you don't use Xposed(as there would be an inconsistency in the logs that would be produced) if you use Xposed and you run into issues its better not to post anything here..as its less likely to help me debug anything nor I'm gonna entertain it..

Again and again and again, I love helping people out, but also make sure you follow every advise I tell on my post, else you're on your own..

Thank you everyone!! Enjoy FM Radio!!
    New Nightly!!

Ok after I saw your reactions and some of you called me "names" and other stuff (thats unlikely unhappy to recall), I'm giving you nightlies, this is again not an obligation for you to flash if you loved a previous version nor you got bored out of my stuff..

You also guys respect @Dene_Bluesman (D852 ROM maintainer) as he works closely to me for the D852 builds..he knows me better than those of you who called me names..he is the 1st one to dump me logs for ports incase there's issues BEFORE he starts complaining about the test build being sloppy or crappy..again this is not obligatory but a REQUEST..if you don't feel respecting me or anyone from my test Team then be it..I'm not here to please only you..I have to please my self and some others too..

Notes:
    • WIPE Synapse application data..else you'd run into your own silly issues..

Again for those who are having difficulties in reading or searching, I won't tolerate your laziness..this is a Dev thread..I've been working my butt out for test builds so should you work it out too yourselves incase you missed out the Nightlies' post..

Cheers!!
    New Nightly!!

As promised..new set of test builds..same as usual (keep things on topic, report with a LOG and enjoy!!)

A new Synapse layout is implemented so its advised to wipe the Synapse app data..I'm keeping things simple, clean and light..all Xceed stuff will be the only option seen on Synapse..all other things aside are either kept as it is (Highly recommended!!) or if you're adventurous and you happen to "Know" better than what I do then go tweak it your way (just do not complain here if you went sour, same goes if you use Xposed and other stuff..the kernel is already great by itself)

I'd like to thank my D851 tester for helping me fix the BT(Bluetooth) issues..as he provided me a very feasible log that made my debugging clear..

I'd also want to thank @Dene_Bluesman who gives me a hilarious time while debugging things.. :D

To my Testing Team too..I was a bit busy with work and daily life which gives me less time to play with stuff..

Let me also thank the people who are donating and helping me out..kudos to you all!!

Now let me cut to the chase..grab your builds below..

Once Again Thank you!! :good: :laugh:

Note:
    • If someone thinks of posting that "this new crap test build should have been the build 2.3g or build 2.2whatsoever coz its bad" then just don't post..you can enjoy that old build of yours..Development is a Step forward not a step backwards..I'm sick and tired of hearing that kind of plea..if you want you can build your own kernel..I always urge/challenge you to do your own..well, reality is, this is just a personal project which I wanted to share and never expected to grow, which I am still thankful to this date as many are enjoying my work..
    I'm postin' these TEST builds here..and by all means you all report here..I would not want a frickin comparison to anything and you tell the whole world its crap..AFAIK Fulmics don't support custom kernels (one's aside from what the author puts on to his project) so don't expect anything..at the same time I don't support Xposed..if you love Xposed and get a bad battery then keep it to your self..

Further more these builds are not for the feint of heart neither for those who don't know what they're doing and for those who don't know how to search..I'm growing tired of seeing people being spoon fed everywhere..we're on XDA and you don't know how to use "Search" feature..how'd the heck you landed here anyways?? (I don't mean to be rude)

**credits to the Testing Team and to @Dene_Bluesman for testing everything I throw at them,,

Notes:
    • its HIGHLY ADVISED you wipe Synapse app data, else you are surely to run into an issue..
    • If you ever experience fast draining of battery don't complain just yet..drain it up then charge it up normally as what you'd do..I'm sure it will take a few cycles before it hustles out..(I've been into that state for 2 days now and its now settled on me..) else if it does not work out with you that well then I'm not sure if you're following every bit of advise here..

As for other variants, if you are so eager to do testing and is volunteering to go broke then you may want to contact @tghandour via Hangouts..he's on my Testing Team..else nothing would happen with just sending me a boot.img..

Nuff said..