[KERNEL][SURYA] StormBreaker-x2

Search This thread

Forenche

• Feb 19, 2020
    Xiaomi Poco X3 NFC
    SB_Banner.png

StromBreaker kernel is a minimal, simple and clean kernel for the perfect balance between performance and battery life.

Feature List

Simple low memory killer by Sultan
    GPU undervolt
    Westwood tcp congestion algorithm
    Nuked pm qos usage treewide
    Using lz4 zram compression algorithm
    A11 OSS vendor support
    Kcal support

HOW TO FLASH??
    Make sure you take a backup of your current Kernel before flashing! (I'm not taking responsibility for any damage)
    If you installed a custom Kernel before please flash the boot.img and dtbo.img of the currently installed ROM.
    Then just flash the zip file through recovery/franco kernel manager, Happy Flashing!

Note: Builds with the prefix 'v' in them like v7, v6.9 etc are for miui vendor based AOSP ROMs. The builds starting with the prefix 'x' in it like x2 is for oss vendor based AOSP ROMs.

Download: HERE!

Contributors
    @forenche

Source Code:
    Version Information
    Stable
    Current Stable Version: x2
    Stable Release Date: 2021-05-02

Created 2021-05-03
    Last Updated 2021-05-03

Last edited:

Forenche

• Feb 19, 2020
    Xiaomi Poco X3 NFC
    Awesome! How is this different from this Stormbreaker kernel?

I now use github releases instead of pling and as jokerpappu said:

those builds starting with the name v in them like v7 v6.9 etc are for miui vendor based aosp roms.
    the builds starting with the name x on it like x2 is for oss vendor based aosp rom

Last edited by a moderator:

camperbh

Feb 22, 2021
    Sorry, newbie question. Will this work on Legion OS? If not, which kernel can I try for Legion OS?
    LegionOS uses the stock vendor so you can't use kernels designed for OSS vendors (just like this one).
    Here are a few options:
    f1xy: https://github.com/F1xy-kernels/SURYA_kernel/releases
    v0id: MOD EDIT: Link Removed
    Optimus Drunk (ONLY v11.24 and below): https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/kernel-surya-optimus-drunk-kernel-v11-26-29-04.4198627/
    Any version of stormbreaker that starts with a v (not an x).

Last edited by a moderator:

camperbh

Feb 22, 2021
    Last edited:
    May 6, 2021
    which rom u guys recommend to use with this kernel?
    there are some options for ya. since this kernel requires OSS-vendor based ROM, u need to install either of these: AncientOS , crDroid, WaveOS, SuperiorOS(first build with OSS-vendor is not official, as far as i know), BlissRom(Unofficial) or AICP(Unofficial). if u care about privacy, crDroid is the best pick. no gapps and customizability. if u dont care about privacy, then use anyone from above. and if u like to use NFC it will not work at any of these ROMS because OSS-vendor is not support NFC yet.

JforJOLLY

Feb 1, 2019
    Hey i am using this with ancient os rom... I have realised my battery charges below 900ma if the phn screen is on and at 4000-5000ma if the screen is off... I know the thermal can affect this widely but it's not that in this case bcoz jt happens instantly in 1 sec. So the rom group on telegram is telling me that this is happening bcoz of kernel... If that's case, like if you have some lock or something than i would recommend removing it. Or if i can do it myself tell me.

The device is povo x3 karna
    With stormbreaker x2

Any help would be appreciated

The peaks in the screen shots are where i turned the screen off.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210515-003758484.jpg
      Screenshot_20210515-003758484.jpg
      337.3 KB · Views: 49

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
      View attachment 5297899

StromBreaker kernel is a minimal, simple and clean kernel for the perfect balance between performance and battery life.

Feature List

GPU undervolt
      A11 OSS vendor support
      Kcal support

HOW TO FLASH??
      Make sure you take a backup of your current Kernel before flashing! (I'm not taking responsibility for any damage)
      If you installed a custom Kernel before please flash the boot.img and dtbo.img of the currently installed ROM.
      Then just flash the zip file through recovery/franco kernel manager, Happy Flashing!

Note: Builds with the prefix 'v' in them like v7, v6.9 etc are for miui vendor based AOSP ROMs. The builds starting with the prefix 'x' in it like x2 is for oss vendor based AOSP ROMs.

Contributors
      @forenche

Source Code:
      Version Information
      Stable

Created 2021-05-03
      Last Updated 2021-05-03
      StormBreaker-x4 Has Been Released!

Changelog and download link are the same, grab it from here:
      https://github.com/stormbreaker-project/kernel_xiaomi_surya/releases/tag/x4
      Try the versions starting with "v" instead of "x." The latest version is currently v8 and x2.
      Make sure you have backups before flashing.

EDIT: they're not compatible with miui ROMs, only AOSP.
      Where is the v8 version??
      Instantly broken boot? Only went to fastboot screen after flashing this kernel. Even after format data? What causes this? I was on Pixel experience plus official with perf kernel? I restored from back up in sd card an screen was dull max brightness?

I like this kernel but might choose roms where it is already installed by the developer.

Too confusing for me :)
      Hi, you might be installing the wrong version. First, check if your rom has OSS or MIUI vendor. You can usually find this information on the ROM description.
      Then, download the correct kernel version for the vendor.
      Versions with "x” is for OSS vendor ROMs.
      Versions with "v" is for MIUI vendor ROMs.

Hope this helps.
      Instantly broken boot? Only went to fastboot screen after flashing this kernel. Even after format data? What causes this? I was on Pixel experience plus official with perf kernel? I restored from back up in sd card an screen was dull max brightness?

I like this kernel but might choose roms where it is already installed by the developer.

Too confusing for me :)
      Hi, I think you might have installed it on a CAF vendor based ROM. There was no support for CAF/MIUI vendor based ROMs until StormBreaker x4. I am really sorry for the inconvenience you have had with StormBreaker x2 kernel. Good news is that StormBreaker x4 now works with OSS vendors and CAF vendors ;)

P.S: I'll be releasing StormBreaker x4 shortly.
      Hi, I think you might have installed it on a CAF vendor based ROM. There was no support for CAF/MIUI vendor based ROMs until StormBreaker x4. I am really sorry for the inconvenience you have had with StormBreaker x2 kernel. Good news is that StormBreaker x4 now works with OSS vendors and CAF vendors ;)

P.S: I'll be releasing StormBreaker x4 shortly.
      Wait there's a CAF Vendor? Do you know which ROMs use that?
      SB_Banner.png

Feature List

GPU undervolt
      A11 OSS vendor support
      Kcal support

HOW TO FLASH??

Contributors
      @forenche

Source Code:
      Version Information
      Stable

Created 2021-05-03
      Last Updated 2021-05-03
      Sorry, newbie question. Will this work on Legion OS? If not, which kernel can I try for Legion OS?
      LegionOS uses the stock vendor so you can't use kernels designed for OSS vendors (just like this one).
      Here are a few options:
      f1xy: https://github.com/F1xy-kernels/SURYA_kernel/releases
      v0id: MOD EDIT: Link Removed
      Optimus Drunk (ONLY v11.24 and below): https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/kernel-surya-optimus-drunk-kernel-v11-26-29-04.4198627/
      Any version of stormbreaker that starts with a v (not an x).
      Awesome! How is this different from this Stormbreaker kernel?

I now use github releases instead of pling and as jokerpappu said:

those builds starting with the name v in them like v7 v6.9 etc are for miui vendor based aosp roms.
      the builds starting with the name x on it like x2 is for oss vendor based aosp rom
      View attachment 5297899

Feature List

GPU undervolt
      A11 OSS vendor support
      Kcal support

HOW TO FLASH??

Contributors
      @forenche

Source Code:
      Version Information
      Stable

Created 2021-05-03
      Last Updated 2021-05-03
      StormBreaker-x4 Has Been Released!

Changelog and download link are the same, grab it from here:
      https://github.com/stormbreaker-project/kernel_xiaomi_surya/releases/tag/x4
    Our Apps
    Get our official app!
    The best way to access XDA on your phone
    Nav Gestures
    Add swipe gestures to any Android
    One Handed Mode
    Eases uses one hand with your phone