[KERNEL] -> tegra-3.18_unified_dragon_kernel_11_v201218

Search This thread

followmsi

Oct 10, 2013
Does this kernel support swap files? I know it's bad for internal flash memory but I was playing around with anyway with intentions to try it first in the /data dir before experimenting with some USB attached drive later on but swapon command always seems to fail with 'invalid argument'. Made me wonder if this isn't supported in the first place before I troubleshoot much further.

Cheers!

Kernel still supports swap file and zram .. but not used anymore - changed in device tree only.

Reactions: ax562

followmsi

Oct 10, 2013

Alxoom33

May 18, 2011
New York
www.sack-ip.com
Android 10 - Unified dragon kernel

It's the unified kernel ..

tegra-3.18_unified_dragon_kernel_10_v200910.zip

Changes:

- Added "androidboot.hardware=dragon" to cmdline -> installation issue on latest Magisk Canary/Beta versions.

- Updated WireGuard to latest version -> WireGuard-1.0.20200908

Installation:

1. Boot into TWRP

2. Install the Kernel Update.Zip file

3. Reboot into system

Sources:

https://github.com/followmsi/android_kernel_tegra

Enjoy :p
So is it possible to include S LMK in the kernel. I believe it stands for simple low memory killer. But it's a feature in Sultan based kernels for pixels.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Last edited:

followmsi

Oct 10, 2013
So is it possible to include S LMK in the kernel. I believe it stands for simple low memory killer. But it's a feature in Sultan based kernels for pixels.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

One of the last changes ...
- Changed kernel config to enable MEMCG and disable ANDROID_LOW_MEMORY_KILLER

Sorry, no more changes are planned for this kernel .. at least not in the moment.

Most probably I will use "unified" kernel as "standard" kernel for the next lineage-17.1 builds.

Alxoom33

May 18, 2011
New York
www.sack-ip.com
Thanks for that info @followmsi. So does the 6/10 version have low memory killer enabled. What was the last change that you indicated? I am not familiar with the initials MEMCG, what do they stand for?
Thanks

Sent from my Pixel C using Tapatalk

Last edited:

followmsi

Oct 10, 2013
Thanks for that info @followmsi. So does the 6/10 version have low memory killer enabled. What was the last change that you indicated? I am not familiar with the initials MEMCG, what do they stand for?
Thanks

Sent from my Pixel C using Tapatalk

Some time ago the kernel based "android low memory killer" has been disabled in kernel config.
For both .. lineage-17.1 kernel and unified kernel.

Now we use user-space/android based low memory killer .. (lmkd)

More infos here ..
https://source.android.com/devices/tech/perf/lmkd

No more time left to play with kernels.

setmaster

Jul 10, 2012
OnePlus 8 Pro
Hi and thanks for your work. Im running this kernel on Lineage OS 17. Unfortunately I have problems with connecting to my wifi when 802.11r (fast transition / wifi roaming) is enabled.
Only when disabling 802.11r, connecting to wifi is possible.

followmsi

Oct 10, 2013
hey @followmsi rthanks for your work on this, will your rom allow my tablet to decode VP9 video with hardware acceleration?

This is not a kernel question .. anyway. :)

VP9 is configured in ROM ..
https://github.com/followmsi/android_device_google_dragon/blob/los-18.0/media_codecs.xml#L128

You can check with some apps/tools which codecs haven been loaded.

No idea if the codec will work correctly .. The "old" Nvidia codecs do have some issues .. like playing Videos in Chrome browser.
This is closed source .. we can not just make/build a new codecs to solve those issues.

Cheers

followmsi

Oct 10, 2013

sxg75

Feb 27, 2011
Maybe was asked before but ... searching in new xda forum software is painful....

1) Does this kernel work with last 8.1 stock?
2) Does it include "root" already (as it is stated somewhere no supersu nor magisk would be required)?

Alxoom33

May 18, 2011
New York
www.sack-ip.com
Maybe was asked before but ... searching in new xda forum software is painful....

1) Does this kernel work with last 8.1 stock?
2) Does it include "root" already (as it is stated somewhere no supersu nor magisk would be required)?
No! it is for LOS 18. Android 11 kernel. Did you see the 11? If you are using 8.1 stock then use the stock kernel. Otherwise open @followmsi's link and go to the old kernel repository and look for an 8.1 kernel.

Otherwise, you may want to read the OP and upgrade your tablet to Android 11. LOS 18.1. Works great!

sxg75

Feb 27, 2011
No! it is for LOS 18. Android 11 kernel. Did you see the 11? If you are using 8.1 stock then use the stock kernel. Otherwise open @followmsi's link and go to the old kernel repository and look for an 8.1 kernel.

Otherwise, you may want to read the OP and upgrade your tablet to Android 11. LOS 18.1. Works great!
It was stated somewhere (cannot find anything after board change) that this was unified kernel for all versions from 8.1 and upward.

Wanted to get back to stock with root since I need working camera. So simply went back to stock by fastbooting "lastest" stock oreo, wiped everything and put magisk 20.4. LOS is great and developers deserve deepest respect. But since there is no rom with 100%working camera must go back.

Everio9000

Jan 23, 2011
Alicante
Amazing Kernel and development work. It saved my laggy Pixel C returning it the smooth and speed of first and second year's Pixel C live.

Top Liked Posts