• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[Kernel][Tissot][Oreo][P][Treble & Non-Treble][OC]eXtremeKernel V12 for MI A1

Search This thread

hugor671

Dec 8, 2015
Aveiro
t.me
Samsung Galaxy S10e
V4 oc for treble,using pr1 pie

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180813-095547.png
    Screenshot_20180813-095547.png
    142.4 KB · Views: 764
  • Screenshot_20180813-095542.png
    Screenshot_20180813-095542.png
    95.9 KB · Views: 754
Reactions: Dhute

cheewaca

Oct 14, 2010
CPU
-CPU OC TO 2.7 GHz (Optimized)
-CPU Underclock from 622 Mhz to 353 Mhz
-Undervolt by -75mV from default values

How can you overclock and underclock a cpu at the same time? And what does this mean? Do i have higher CPU speed or slower?

---------- Post added at 09:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:50 AM ----------

How can you overclock and underclock a CPU at the same time? And does that mean that my CPU is faster or slower?

Both at the same time, only in oc versions. Your cpu will be faster with better deep sleep and sot.

berezker

Aug 19, 2012
CPU
-CPU OC TO 2.7 GHz (Optimized)
-CPU Underclock from 622 Mhz to 353 Mhz
-Undervolt by -75mV from default values

How can you overclock and underclock a cpu at the same time? And what does this mean? Do i have higher CPU speed or slower?

---------- Post added at 09:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:50 AM ----------

How can you overclock and underclock a CPU at the same time? And does that mean that my CPU is faster or slower?

What he meant is that you can set the maximum CPU speed to 2.7 ghz and and set the minimum cpu speed 353 mhz

cheewaca

Oct 14, 2010
Extreme kernel was "extremely" rude to my mi a1 stock 8.1. Stuck in boot loop first thing! . When i got it to boot at last..system ui froze. Apps kept stopping. Previously on mint, flashed it after restoring stock boot. Had been using on aex and was working fine. Dont know what is happening with stock8.1 + extreme. Help me please. @Alek Dev

Clean intall of rom required when you have installed other custom kernel before. (Wipe system, data and dalvik).

mervinb

May 8, 2015
That's unfortunate. I've flashed v3, and now recently v4 (OC version) on my stock 8.1 phone, and it's been very, very good. I've previously used Franco kernel, which does not support 8.1. The increase in responsiveness with the OC kernel and the battery life is noticeably better than stock or Franco kernel. Stability has been 100%.

upilguebu

Mar 15, 2013
I am now on the velocity kernel but which one is better? Because velocity have more features but this have better clock speed...

---------- Post added at 12:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:05 PM ----------

are you 100% sure that this cant damage your phone? and does this kernel stop your phone when its getting too hot?

For your 1st question : why don't you try by your self? like you try velocity for 1 - 2 days to feel the performance, battery and stability. Then change to this kernel and do the test again. Its just because every devices is different. Sometimes people get good battery and someone don't. For my experience and somepeople here (you can read few pages back), this one better in many ways.

For your 2nd question : the one that can stop your phone when getting to hot is yourself pal xD If you play and you feel your phone gonna burst you should stop. About damaging phone, just think. Or read a few page back. Already discussed many times about that, and DWIYOR.

And about your question "How can you overclock and under clock a CPU at the same time? And does that mean that my CPU is faster or slower?". I bet you already know this (I hope), Our SoC by default is 2016 mhz and 652 mhz. Overclock means that increase clock speed above default. Under clock means decrease clock speed below default.

Ps : pls don't lazy to use search function :(

Last edited:

cheewaca

Oct 14, 2010
I did delete and format everything and then flashed:
TWRP-Installer-3.2.1-with-Tissot-Manager-2.4
crDroidAndroid-8.1-20180723-tissot-v4.5
eXtremeKernel_V4_NON-TREBLE_CUSTOM_OC
open_gapps-arm64-8.1-stock-20180812
Magisk-v16.7

Make this:

Boot into recovery
Factory reset
Wipe system, data and dalvik
Flash rom
Flash twrp installer (i use CosmicDan without problems)
Reboot to recovery
Flash gapps
Flash kernel
Flash magisk 16.0
Flash kernel
Reboot to system

Reactions: sonic_ear
G

GuestK00183

BxMNrof.png

eXtreme Kernel V5

ZqE3ZOX.jpg

-Updated to Linux 3.18.118
-Merged LA.UM.6.6.r1-09500-89xx.0 CAF tag
-Updated Wi-Fi driver to LA.UM.6.6.r1-09500-89xx.0
-CPU Overclock to 2.82 Ghz
-Removed Wireguard Support causing Wakelocks
-Added Undervolt and Underclock for NON OC versions

xGnqDbt.jpg

CUSTOM ROM
Custom Rom NON TREBLE OC
(for Custom Roms Oreo without Treble Support and Included Overclock)
Custom Rom NON TREBLE NON OC
( for Custom Roms Oreo without Treble Support and without Overclock,,included Undervolt and Underclock)
Custom Rom Treble OC
(for Custom Roms Oreo and Android P -with Treble Support and Overclock )
Custom Rom TREBLE NON OC
(for Custom Roms Oreo and Android P with Treble Support without Overclock,included Undervolt and Underclock)

STOCK ROM

Stock Rom OC
(for Stock Rom with Overclock)
Stock Rom NON OC
( for Stock Rom without Overclock,included Undervolt and Underclock)

UAoBIZ9.png

You can Donate with pressing Donate to Me Button or just VIsit this link

Join to Our Telegram Group

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 567
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 573
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 564
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 556
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 528
Last edited:

dabugen

Feb 1, 2017
2.82 GHz, LOL, crazy :) Thank you for the amazing work!!! Just flashed it clean with my usual Liquid Remix ROM, but right after boot, the whole phone becomes extremely slow, like everything is in slow motion, opening any app takes minutes. Something wrong with this kernel version... Flashing back V4, everything is fine again.

---------- Post added at 10:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:13 PM ----------

Problem solved! It was the previous profile with Kernel Adiutor which I still had being applied on boot (AutoSMP enabled and I had switched to the ZZMove governor as well). There seems to be an issue with that combination in V5 of the kernel. I will report back which combination worked in the end, currently testing....

---------- Post added at 10:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:25 PM ----------

OK, problem 100% found now, it is the "ZZMove" CPU governor, it seems to be broken in V5 as it never clocks any CPU core to above 353 MHz. All cores always stick to 353 MHz and never change. In V4 this governor is fine. Can you check why it is broken in V5? Because I really liked this one :) Interactive governor works fine though, also in combination with AutoSMP enabled. Thanks for the great work! :)

---------- Post added at 10:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:31 PM ----------

Now I was able to get ZZMove working by rebooting again, it clocks up now and also works with AutoSMP, but ONLY as long as I do not reboot. If I try to apply these settings after a reboot automatically, it gets stuck at 1 core with 353 MHz max once again. All of this was working fine in V4. Not sure what exactly is wrong, but the ZZMove governor or CPU Hotplugging seem to have an issue in V5.

cheewaca

Oct 14, 2010
2.82 GHz, LOL, crazy :) Thank you for the amazing work!!! Just flashed it clean with my usual Liquid Remix ROM, but right after boot, the whole phone becomes extremely slow, like everything is in slow motion, opening any app takes minutes. Something wrong with this kernel version... Flashing back V4, everything is fine again.

---------- Post added at 10:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:13 PM ----------

Problem solved! It was the previous profile with Kernel Adiutor which I still had being applied on boot (AutoSMP enabled and I had switched to the ZZMove governor as well). There seems to be an issue with that combination in V5 of the kernel. I will report back which combination worked in the end, currently testing....

---------- Post added at 10:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:25 PM ----------

OK, problem 100% found now, it is the "ZZMove" CPU governor, it seems to be broken in V5 as it never clocks any CPU core to above 353 MHz. All cores always stick to 353 MHz and never change. In V4 this governor is fine. Can you check why it is broken in V5? Because I really liked this one :) Interactive governor works fine though, also in combination with AutoSMP enabled. Thanks for the great work! :)

---------- Post added at 10:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:31 PM ----------

Now I was able to get ZZMove working by rebooting again, it clocks up now and also works with AutoSMP, but ONLY as long as I do not reboot. If I try to apply these settings after a reboot automatically, it gets stuck at 1 core with 353 MHz max once again. All of this was working fine in V4. Not sure what exactly is wrong, but the ZZMove governor or CPU Hotplugging seem to have an issue in V5.

No problem here with zzmove in v5 custom non treble oc with liquid remix with or without autosmp enabled.

Uninstall kernel auditor deleting data and install again.

Attachments

• Screenshot_MTweaks_20180813-225812.png
    Screenshot_MTweaks_20180813-225812.png
    176.9 KB · Views: 312
  • Screenshot_MTweaks_20180813-225809.png
    Screenshot_MTweaks_20180813-225809.png
    171.4 KB · Views: 308
  • Screenshot_MTweaks_20180813-225816.png
    Screenshot_MTweaks_20180813-225816.png
    170.7 KB · Views: 314
  • Screenshot_MTweaks_20180813-230305.png
    Screenshot_MTweaks_20180813-230305.png
    159.4 KB · Views: 288
  • Screenshot_MTweaks_20180813-230259.png
    Screenshot_MTweaks_20180813-230259.png
    156.1 KB · Views: 286
  • Screenshot_MTweaks_20180813-230302.png
    Screenshot_MTweaks_20180813-230302.png
    157.2 KB · Views: 312
Last edited:

dabugen

Feb 1, 2017
I did already, it is a complete clean flash of everything, repeated with V4 and V5 and back and forth a few times, hence the Kernel Adiutor install was also fresh on my subsequent tests. ZZMove + AutoSMP enabled (including -Schedule workload on active CPUs- and -Only one core if screen is off-) work if not applied during reboot but manually. If rebooting and having it applied like that, my phone gets stuck at only 1 core enabled and at 353MHz max. Everything, including the applying after reboot, works fine if I do it with the Interactive governor. And absolutely everything works fine if I do all this with V4 kernel. So I am jumping to the conclusion that something with the ZZMove governor has changed in V5 that is causing this. Maybe the developer can comment?

cheewaca

Oct 14, 2010
Overclock doesn't work

Surely you have installed non oc version.

---------- Post added at 11:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:25 PM ----------

I did already, it is a complete clean flash of everything, repeated with V4 and V5 and back and forth a few times, hence the Kernel Adiutor install was also fresh on my subsequent tests. ZZMove + AutoSMP enabled (including -Schedule workload on active CPUs- and -Only one core if screen is off-) work if not applied during reboot but manually. If rebooting and having it applied like that, my phone gets stuck at only 1 core enabled and at 353MHz max. Everything, including the applying after reboot, works fine if I do it with the Interactive governor. And absolutely everything works fine if I do all this with V4 kernel. So I am jumping to the conclusion that something with the ZZMove governor has changed in V5 that is causing this. Maybe the developer can comment?

Sure, but not changes in governors and autosmp from v4.
This is the changelog:

Linux 3.18.118
Merged LA.UM.6.6.r1-09500-89xx.0 CAF tag
Updated Wi-Fi driver to LA.UM.6.6.r1-09500-89xx.0
CPU Overclock to 2.82 Ghz
Removed Wireguard Support causing Wakelocks
Do Undervolt and Underclock for NON OC versions

cheewaca

Oct 14, 2010
I am able to change it my self..

Nobody who tested the v4 and v5 had the problems that you have with v4 and v5. I think that you don't make a correct clean install or is related with the rom that you have installed.

The issues that you have always are related to dirty flash...
Make the steps that i said and try with other rom to discard rom related.
V4 and v5 were tested with stock rom, liquid remix, aex, dotos, pixel, rr, linage, mokee, pie and other roms without problems.

Last edited:
Reactions: dabugen

dabugen

Feb 1, 2017
Odd, well, I am sticking to Interactive governor with AutoSMP, that combination works just fine. ZZMove is clearly broken in V5 and I can recreate the issue by flashing back and forth between V4 and V5 (completely clean flash each time).

nahuelt1

Nov 22, 2016
Odd, well, I am sticking to Interactive governor with AutoSMP, that combination works just fine. ZZMove is clearly broken in V5 and I can recreate the issue by flashing back and forth between V4 and V5 (completely clean flash each time).

Do you tried with MtWeaks? Maybe it's a kernel adiutor issue.

Edit: I have tried the combination that you mentioned before and everything it's working fine.. using LR too. Weird, something wrong in your flashing method maybe.

Last edited:
Reactions: dabugen

cheewaca

Oct 14, 2010

Aplied on boot zzmove and hotplug and restart, i can't recreate that issue.

Select first zzmove governor (apply on boot), then enable hotplug (apply on boot) and then restart the phone.

Attachments

• Screenshot_MTweaks_20180814-005017.png
    Screenshot_MTweaks_20180814-005017.png
    170.4 KB · Views: 300
  • Screenshot_MTweaks_20180814-005009.png
    Screenshot_MTweaks_20180814-005009.png
    168.8 KB · Views: 302
  • Screenshot_MTweaks_20180814-004938.png
    Screenshot_MTweaks_20180814-004938.png
    133.2 KB · Views: 302
  • Screenshot_MTweaks_20180814-004930.png
    Screenshot_MTweaks_20180814-004930.png
    165.5 KB · Views: 292

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    eXtreme Kernel v13.7

** Only for Roms based on 4.9 Kernel **

- 4.9.151 Kernel
    - Governors: Performance, Schedutil and Blu_schedutil
    - Schedulers: Cfq, Bfq and Noop
    - Tcp algorithms: Cubic, Reno and Westwood
    - Cpu OC: 652 - 2.640 MHz (9 Selectable Freqs)
    - Gpu OC: 133 - 815 MHz (10 Selectable Freqs)
    - Bus OC
    - SlimBus OC
    - Audio OC
    - Crypto OC
    - I2c OC
    - Spi OC
    - Camera and sensor OC
    - Cpu Undervolt
    - DT2W Control
    - Boeffla Wakelock bloker v1.1.0
    - Fsync Control
    - Zram Control
    - F2FS support
    - NTFS support
    - EXFAT support
    - Audio improved
    - Thermal optimization
    - Removed SafetyNet flags
    - Many optimizations for better performance and battery backup

Download: https://downloads.extremekernel.xyz (stable builds for tissot)
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

eXtreme Kernel P 1.1

** Only for Stock Pie Rom **

- 3.18.132 Kernel
    - Governors: Interactive, Conservative, Ondemand, Userspace, Powersave and Performance
    - Schedulers: Cfq, Deadline and Noop
    - Tcp algorithms: Cubic and Reno
    - Cpu OC: 652 - 2.496 MHz
    - Gpu OC: 133 - 815 MHz (10 Selectable Freqs)
    - Bus OC
    - SlimBus OC
    - Audio OC
    - Crypto OC
    - I2c OC
    - Spi OC
    - Camera and sensor OC
    - Cpu Undervolt
    - Boeffla Wakelock bloker v1.1.0
    - Fsync Control
    - Zram Control
    - Audio improved
    - Thermal optimization
    - Many optimizations for better performance and battery backup
    ** With performance never seen before in a stock rom and a new sound experience**

Download: https://downloads.extremekernel.xyz (stable builds for tissot)
    Thread cleaned.

Please stop asking for ETAs (estimated time of arrival), this ALWAYS ends badly for everyone. Asking for ETAs is considered disrespectful towards the devs because it pushes them for nothing. Remember they are providing their work here for free, on their free time, so it means what's coming next will be available...when done.

Also, please stay civil any time, if a post bothers you, you just need to ignore and use the report button, then the moderation team will handle the situation accordingly.

Thanks

Wood Man
    Senior Moderator
    A few recommendations to have maximum battery life with the highest performance possible (if demanded by an app / game / etc.):

1) Install Extreme Kernel V4
    2) Install Kernel Adiutor from Play Store
    3) Set this:

Under "CPU":
    "Apply on Boot" Enabled
    "Schedule workqueues on awake CPUs to save power." Enabled

Under "CPU Hotplug"
    "Apply on boot" Enabled
    "AutoSMP" Enabled
    "Screen off Single CPU" Enabled

Under "I/O Scheduler"
    (CFQ is best the best scheduler, tested this with PC Mark and all the others, including Maple and especially BFQ did worse than CFQ! Also increasing the buffer size > 512kB gave no performance improvement either)
    "Apply on boot" Enabled
    "I/O Stats" Disabled (could be several entries, set all to Disabled)
    "Add Random" Disabled (could be several entries, set all to Disabled)

Under "Misc"
    "Apply on boot" Enabled
    "Fsync" Disabled

Enjoy max performance and max battery life :)
    Is clean install required? I am now in Ex V7
    :cool:

? this is daniel. He does not quote whole OP to rasie a doubt. If he has concerns he simply posts a question. Daniel is smart. Be like " Daniel"

Sent from my Mi A1 using XDA Labs
    Thread cleaned
    Reminder of THE RULES:
    Rule 8. Donations.

As a user, you're allowed to ask for donations in your signature as a thank you for your hard work, however donations up front are not allowed. This forum is about sharing and not about getting paid to do something... that is what your job is for.

No one may demand donations up front for future development! Donations are ONLY for appreciation for work already freely supplied.

No more talk of no future development without donations!

Thank you for your cooperation
    Friendly Neighborhood Moderator