• XDA Forums have been migrated to XenForo. We are aware of several issues including missing threads, logins not working, and more. To discuss, use this thread.

[KERNEL] [TUNA] [3.0.80+] [4.2.x] [SKL v256 - KUBO r50^] [30/05] AK

ak

Feb 19, 2011
Ak Land Valley
ak.hiddenbytes.org

irminsul

Nov 11, 2010
Almere
It is a good feeling :highfive:
I just do it because I like watching the Optimizing prompt before it boots.
Makes me feel like the phone is telling me "Hey man, I got this shizz. No worries."
It's like wiping your butt after taking a leak, only when updating ROM it could be useful.

But people still think it helps making the kernel run better, that story should vanish.

Verstuurd van mijn Galaxy Nexus met Tapatalk

Reactions: Dodge93

MBQ_

Sep 3, 2011
Phoenix, Arizona
MBQonXDA.com
It's like wiping your butt after taking a leak, only when updating ROM it could be useful.

But people still think it helps making the kernel run better, that story should vanish.

Verstuurd van mijn Galaxy Nexus met Tapatalk
In the end bro, its user preference. And typically, you can't change that. It isn't affecting you at all, and the it doesn't really negatively affect the user. And what you're saying it solely an opinion. I say we just drop it, or chat with whoever via PM. Otherwise, we're just cluttering the thread.

And yes, I know I'm not one to talk for cluttering this thread. ;p

Edit: "That story should vanish" is an opinion. That's what I meant

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

Last edited:

branedamig

May 2, 2012
Canton, OH
I'm sticking with 063 for now for 2 reasons: 1) Stefano releases new kernels so fast it's useless to go back, and 2) recallobrating my battery seems to have greatly helped idle battery drain. Idle drain was rough yesterday (4% loss/hour) but I let it die last night and then charged to 100% overnight and all is decent today. Maybe 1% loss/hour on idle which is night and day difference over yesterday.

Sent from my ATOMic Gnex with AK Kernel on Tap2

Reactions: Az Biker and MBQ_

rasa92re

Sep 1, 2012
Here's another tip that might address idle drain: try the deadline scheduler. Sio and Fiops were giving me about 5.2 percent idle drain. I'm down to 1.1 percent. I'm going to try some UV and see if I can get it lower even though anarkia is dropping the new kernel soon.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

AutomaticFailure27

Sep 24, 2010
Something else that might help with the drain.

I still use interactive/deadline, never really switched to anything else (unless Smartass v2 was available :eek: ) and I have been using osm0sis' interactive tweaks over in the franco thread:

Interactive
above_hispeed_delay: 15000
boost: 0
go_hispeed_load: 95
hispeed_freq: 729 (I change mine to 525)
min_sample_time: 45000
timer_rate: 30000
target_loads: 85
timer_slack: 80000
boostpulse_duration: 80000 / 10000

Changing interactive to these settings, has made the phone use a less frequency while still keeping the speed. Also, scales down quicker and uses the higher frequencies for less time.

I also tried doing the deadline tweaks, but I felt since franco and AK use different methods of building their kernels, It wasn't exactly necessary. I haven't really noticed to much of a difference, but possibly these tweaks on AK might have slowed it down ever so slightly. Again, no idea actually.

Deadline
read_expire: 351
write_expire: 3500
writes_starved: 6
front_merges: 1
fifo_batch: 1

Osm0sis and his team are still doing some tweaking on their end, so final results probably will change.

Blackcrx

Mar 8, 2012
Something else that might help with the drain.

I still use interactive/deadline, never really switched to anything else (unless Smartass v2 was available :eek: ) and I have been using osm0sis' interactive tweaks over in the franco thread:

Interactive
above_hispeed_delay: 15000
boost: 0
go_hispeed_load: 95
hispeed_freq: 729 (I change mine to 525)
min_sample_time: 45000
timer_rate: 30000
target_loads: 85
timer_slack: 80000
boostpulse_duration: 80000 / 10000

Changing interactive to these settings, has made the phone use a less frequency while still keeping the speed. Also, scales down quicker and uses the higher frequencies for less time.

I also tried doing the deadline tweaks, but I felt since franco and AK use different methods of building their kernels, It wasn't exactly necessary. I haven't really noticed to much of a difference, but possibly these tweaks on AK might have slowed it down ever so slightly. Again, no idea actually.

Deadline
read_expire: 351
write_expire: 3500
writes_starved: 6
front_merges: 1
fifo_batch: 1

Osm0sis and his team are still doing some tweaking on their end, so final results probably will change.
I have also been using Osmosis deadline tweaks. I have found his newest tunables to be pretty good. I noticed that the ones you listed are of his old tweaks

new settings are as follows
read:350
write:3500
starve: 4
front:1
fifo:2

jcmm11

Recognized Contributor
Feb 10, 2012
I have also been using Osmosis deadline tweaks. I have found his newest tunables to be pretty good. I noticed that the ones you listed are of his old tweaks

On Franco I prefer row but since that's not available I'm also using deadline with the tweaks. You should also mention the general portion of the tweaks since that impacts all schedulers.

echo 512 > /sys/block/mmcblk0/queue/nr_requests;
echo 512 > /sys/block/mmcblk0/queue/read_ahead_kb;
echo 2 > /sys/block/mmcblk0/queue/rq_affinity;
echo 0 > /sys/block/mmcblk0/queue/nomerges;
echo 0 > /sys/block/mmcblk0/queue/rotational;
echo 0 > /sys/block/mmcblk0/queue/add_random
echo 0 > /sys/block/mmcblk0/queue/iostats;

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app

AutomaticFailure27

Sep 24, 2010

On Franco I prefer row but since that's not available I'm also using deadline with the tweaks. You should also mention the general portion of the tweaks since that impacts all schedulers.

echo 512 > /sys/block/mmcblk0/queue/nr_requests;
echo 512 > /sys/block/mmcblk0/queue/read_ahead_kb;
echo 2 > /sys/block/mmcblk0/queue/rq_affinity;
echo 0 > /sys/block/mmcblk0/queue/nomerges;
echo 0 > /sys/block/mmcblk0/queue/rotational;
echo 0 > /sys/block/mmcblk0/queue/add_random
echo 0 > /sys/block/mmcblk0/queue/iostats;

Ahh yes. Thanks much.

Reactions: ak and szucsgf

Az Biker

Senior Moderator / Semper Salty
Staff member
If you're toro on atom it's because they are using maguro binaries. They just merged the right one's.

My question is whether or not this is related to greenify? I've been on this version of Atom since it's release and never had a deep sleep issue, so I'm curious if the binary issue is sole culprit. If it is greenify, will I need to get gps lock after every boot, or only once after greenifying maps?

Atom v11 + AK Diamond Series = Gyrannosaurus Nex

Castro27

Oct 30, 2012
I'm not sure if this is kernel related but here we go. I'm on v63, stock settings, and my phone randomly started to lag. This is a piece of the log file:

04-08 18:43:20.368 E/Sensors (752): inv_update_data error (code 255)
04-08 18:43:21.366 E/ (752): hardware/invensense/mlsdk/./mllite/accel.c|inv_get_accel_data|154 returning 255
04-08 18:43:21.366 E/ (752): hardware/invensense/mlsdk/./mllite/mlFIFO.c|inv_read_and_process_fifo|635 returning 255
04-08 18:43:21.366 E/ (752): hardware/invensense/mlsdk/./mllite/ml.c|inv_update_data|558 returning 255
04-08 18:43:21.366 E/Sensors (752): inv_update_data error (code 255)
04-08 18:43:22.371 E/ (752): hardware/invensense/mlsdk/./mllite/accel.c|inv_get_accel_data|154 returning 255
04-08 18:43:22.371 E/ (752): hardware/invensense/mlsdk/./mllite/mlFIFO.c|inv_read_and_process_fifo|635 returning 255
04-08 18:43:22.371 E/ (752): hardware/invensense/mlsdk/./mllite/ml.c|inv_update_data|558 returning 255

It kept this pattern and only stopped after a hard reset (the phone frooze in the "sutting down" screen). Any ideas?

Blackcrx

Mar 8, 2012
Trying Greenify on v63, not getting deep sleep... Troubleshoot greenify?

Atom v11 + AK Diamond Series = Gyrannosaurus Nex
make sure you give greenify root access too.
I know I had a weird problem before when greenify didn't have root access.
I would select a bunch of apps to hibernate but every once in a while my screen would turn on randomly. Thought it was greenify but later realized that I did not give it root access.

Once I gave it root permissions everything was gravy

Reactions: Az Biker
Our Apps
Get our official app! (coming soon)
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone