ChronicKernel for Samsung Galaxy S5

2lw3ss0.png

Code:
#include 
/*
 * Your warranty is now likely void.
 * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * spontaneous combustion, or any other host of cosmic penalties
 * which may befall you, your family, or your phone.
 */

Here is a initial kernel for TW. Forked from ktoonsez, t has all the features you would expect from a modded kernel, CPU OC, GPU OC, more CPU governors, Undervolted, GPU OC CPU L2 OC, and linaro -o3 optimizations

Screenshots

Screenshot_2014_07_08_00_53_03.png

Screenshot_2014_07_01_12_18_16.png

2jpqfKR.png

Requirements
* Rooted (obviously)

Installation
1: Place zip on sdcard
3: Reboot into recovery
3: Clear cache and dalvik cache
4: Flash zip
5: Reboot
6: If desired edit the init script at /system/etc/chronic-config.sh to suit your needs
7: Profit :)

c4ypvbf.png

ChronicKernel

* All-in-One kernel for all qualcomm variants
* Compiled with linaro
* GPU OC to 657 Mhtz (578Mhtz default - configurable though chronic-config.sh init script)
* CPU OC to 3.07 Ghtz (2.45 Ghtz default)
* CPU bandwith increase
* Added many I/O Schedulers (ROW, SIO, ZEN, etc...)
* Merged a lot of scheduler related performance patches from my S4 kernel and Faux123's
* Added CPU Governors intelliactive wheatley pegasusq smartmax dancedance nightmare intellidemand badass abyssplugv2 abyssplug and Lionheart (Default gov = interactive)
* User adjustable CPU uV
* Kernel based thermal management
* Chronic Hotplug (kernel based mpdecision replacement)
* No ROM overriding your Max freq BS :)
* FauxSound
* frandom support
* Enable/disable fsync support (fsync enabled by default)
* Countless amounts of ARM optimization from various sources
* Optimized and compiled with with the "Optimize a lot, or -o3 option)
* USB fast charge (disabled by default - configurable though chronic-config.sh init script
* Linux 3.4+

PqCOw62.png

This kernel uses a simple shell script called chronic-config.sh (located at /system/etc/chronic-config.sh) With this script you can specify your desired default values for various things including cpu governor, min/max cpu freq. USB fastcharge etc. This file as is requires no intervention and will not interfere with any kernel tuning app you already use. It is just there for people who like a minimal approach and as it is the most direct method of changing settings so will always work. We all know how sometimes apps get an update and it breaks something for you Below is an example of the config options in the script.

Code:
# Configure your options here #

# Config default CPU Gonvernor
#
# Kernel Default: interactive
# Uncomment desired governor by removing the "#" symbal before desired gov
# and add a "#" to the old line

# Possible values

# GOV=abyssplug
# GOV=abyssplugv2
# GOV=badass
# GOV=consevative
# GOV=dancedance
# GOV=intelliactive
# GOV=intellidemand
# GOV=linoheart
# GOV=nightmare
# GOV=ondemand
# GOV=pegasusq
# GOV=performance
# GOV=powersave
# GOV=smartmax
# GOV=userspace
# GOV=wheatley
GOV=interactive

# Config CPU frequency
#
# Default: 2457600 (2.45Ghtz)
# Recomended: 2764800 (2.76Ghtz)
# available frequencies:
# 300000 345600 422400 499200 576000 652800 729600 806400 883200 960000 1036800 1113600 1190400 1267200 1344000 1420800
# 1497600 1574400 1651200 1728000 1804800 1881600 1958400 2035200 2112000 2150400 2188800 2265600 2342400 2419200 2457600
# 2534400 2611200 2688000 2764800 2841600 2918400 2995200 3072000
#
# Max/Min
MAXFREQ=2457600
MINFREQ=300000

# Config GPU clock Max Frequency
# 389000000 = 389mhz (Super Underclocked)
# 462400000 = 450mhz (Underclocked)
# 578000000 = 578mhz (Default)
# 657500000 = 657mhz (Overclocked)
GPU_MAX=578000000

# Config GPU clock Min Frequency

# ** Choose either Samsung default 320Mhtz or Standard 200Mhtz
# ** key is as follows..

# 320Mhtz = 4
# 200Mhtz = 5
GPU_MIN=4

# I/O Scheduler
# 
# Available schedulers: cfq, bfq, fiops, noop, deadline, row, sio, vr, zen, fifo
# Device default: cfq
SCHED=cfq

# Enable/Disable FSYNC
#
# Y = Enabled (default)
# N = Disabled
FSYNC=Y

# Enable Fastcharge
# 0 = disabled
# 1 = substitute AC to USB charging always
# 2 = substitute AC to USB charging only if there is no USB peripheral detected
FASTCHARGE=0

# Chronic Hotplug
# set custom "enable_core_thresholds" This is represented as four numbers each being for the corosponding core (0,1,2.3)
# the numbers are derived from cpu load times 10
# 0 = always on
# 999 = never on
ENABLE_CORE_THRES="0 290 340 390"

# End of configurable options #

sB7atuO.png

July-30
* Updated to latest NG2 source from Samsung
* Updated kernel to Linux 3.4.100

July-19
* Cleaned up cpu frequency table, 2899Mhtz was never a valid freq, and the new ones were based off of that step. That is now fixed
* Bumped bandwith on 3 highest freq steps
* Bumped max voltage to 1400
* I/O: deadline: Allow 0ms deadline latency, increases the read speed
* SELinux: Fix memory leak upon loading policy
* msm: kgsl: Fix nice level for higher priority GPU start thread, previously we were using the lowest possible process priority which increase latency, (cherry-picked from flar2's HTC One-M8 kernel)
* PM: devfreq: Use high priority workqueue. Same thing as mentioned above, give the GPU freq driver higher priority (flar2)
* A couple misc. I/O related patches from upstream CAF kernel
* Updated to latest NF6 kernel source from Samsung
* removed more log span (ktoonsez)
* added nightmare cpu governor
* tweaked some ancient configs for intellidemand back from the msm8x60 days
* added frandom support if there is anyone who uses it
* Added sysfs module to enable/disable fsync (enabled by default). It's in the standard location (/sys/module/sync/parameters/fsync_enabled) and like always can be configured though the chronic-config.sh script. I can also personally vouch for the tack that tricksterMOD will show the FSYNC enable/disable toggle with this patch. So any other app with the option should as well
* cleaned up chronic-config.sh and added missing cpu governors to list

July-17
* Added ability to overclock CPU to 3.01Ghtz

July-13
* Chronic Hotplug is born! This is basically based off of ktoonz KT auto hotplug but with user configurable parameters. Right now all you can change is the "enable_core_thresholds" this is the load the system has to be at for each respective core to turn online. the number is % of cpu load time 10. So 30% would be 300 (0 = always online). There is one module called enable_core_thresholds that sets all four cores. Its formatted like this (0 240 290 390). I have added an option in the chronic-config.sh script to configure this. Here is an example showing cores 0 and 3 always being on and 1 and 2 to come on at 24% and 29% respectively
Code:
ENABLE_CORE_THRES="0 240 290 0"
This line can be found in chronic-config.sh under the "Chronic Hotplug" section. Check script or above for more info.
* Disabled userspace mpdecision since we are now using Chronic Hotplug
* Also added option to set I/O scheduler in chronic-config.sh
* Backported some upstream 3.16 scheduler updates

July-10
* Reverted some of the sched tweaks merged from faux's kernel to vastly improve I/O performance
* Disabled some more debug options we don't need to speed up the kernel
* Switched back to Gzip compression as we have the room and kernel will initialize faster
* Set net loopback default mtu to 64K
* Fixed simple-ondemand gpu governor from crashing (ktoonsez)
* Reverted DRIVERS: SLIMBUS initial overclock commit as it seemed to drain battery when playing music
* Removed async-fsync for now until I make a module for it. Like another user said, I didn't notice any performance decrease with it off.
* Removed F2FS as i'm pretty sure its only compatible with AOSP (If i'm wrong let me know and i'll merge it back)
* Further tweaks to thermal (kthermal) values to be more stable on high frequencies (dropped polling speed to 500 ms and lowered temp limits about 2 degrees
* Disabled KT-auto-hotplug code i forgot about since I don't support it
* Stopped Samsung's "cpufreq_limit" driver from overriding Max freq (note: I had the option of stopping it from changing the min freq but it drastically decreases performance. This is equal to the cpu-boost and DVFS driver on the S4. They just expanded it to include a max freq cap which i disabled so we are not limited by it, So bottom line. You can set your min freq/ but it is temporarily overridden by the driver at times. THIS IS NORMAL AND IS LIKE THIS IN ALL KERNELS EXCEPT I ACTUALLY DISABLED THE MAX LIMIT SO IT STOPS GETTING LIMITED AT 1.19GHTZ AT TIMES. THIS IS THE OPTIMUM SOLUTION
* Fised chronic-config.sh not copying to the devices
* chronic-config.sh: fixed path for GPU max freq
* Set GPU min freq to 320mhtz (Samsung default) and added an option in chronic-config.sh to change it
* chronic-config.sh: list all available cpu frequencies instead of just a range since they are hard to remember :p

July-5
* initial release *

Some noteworthy changes from original source not listed above...
* Got rid of some logspan.
* send input events one at a time (faster touchboost related responses)
* few mismatch derps by samsung (faux123)
* Few other small fixes

25j8p5y.png

* ]If you have problems with frequencies sticking use "System Tuner" and go to Settings and prevent other apps from changing CPU settings

* ]If you have problems with MINIMUM frequency sticking the reason is because of the touch boost driver. when you tap the screen you can't go below 1.19Ghtz, hence whenever you set a min freq....The only real solution to this without disabling the touch boost driver which hinders performance is to use the chronic-config.sh script or have an app set it boot. basically be set without a tap on the screen :)

* Although this kernel has now reached "beta" status. bugs still could pop up. please if you find a reproducible bug and decide to post please try and provide a last_kmesg or logcat.

l5SakBJ.png

TW : ChronicKernel-KK4.4-TW-KLTE-v1.5.zip

Goo.im Repo (mirror) : CLICK HERE

sq796s.png

My Github (main): https://github.com/Team-Hydra/android_kernel_samsung_klte

w5xnyz0.png

* ktoonsez, this is a major fork of his kernel!
* First off of course cyanogen, the CyanogenMod project and all who contribute.
* A lot of this was taken/based off of flar2's Kernel for the HTC One, so thanks for the source!
* Also grabbed some things from Faux123's kernel
* All the people who have helped me learn more and more over the past year and a half :) (arco/dastin1018/android1234567) you guys are the best!

a9lll1.png

here is a donation link if you want to buy me a coffee or pack of smokes (I go through a lot sitting on the PC messing around lol) go ahead. But not required or expected by any means :)

Note: The name on the paypal account may say patricia, this is because it's a family paypal account. :)

Happy Flashing

Albinoman887

XDA:DevDB Information
[TW] ChronicKernel (UV/GPU/CPU-OC/linaro), Kernel for the Samsung Galaxy S 5

Contributors
albinoman887
Kernel Special Features: Linux 3.4.x Kernel for GS5 with overclocked CPU/GPU, Linaro optimizations, chronic-hotplug, upstream fixes, frandom, and much much more

Version Information

Created 2014-07-06
Last Updated 2014-07-30

FlemishDroid

Thx for this kernel! Everything works great except one thing...the min frequency doesn't stick @ 300 mhz. I have this problem on all kernels I tried. :( I tried your advice with no frills cpu but unfortunately it doesn't helps it even set it to 300 mhz!

asa9ehyd.jpg

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G900F met Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: guybanda

albinoman887

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 14, 2010
Snohomish, WA
Thx for this kernel! Everything works great except one thing...the min frequency doesn't stick @ 300 mhz. I have this problem an all kernels I tried. :( I tried your advice with no frills cpu but unfortunately it doesn't helps it even set it to 300 mhz!

asa9ehyd.jpg

Yeah. its suppose to be like that. there is a cpu-boost driver written by samsung in the kernel that does that. To test i disabled part of the code that played with min freq but it really gives you a performance hit. so yeah. dont bother with min freq. Its suppose to change like that. its basically another mpdecision service in the background. ktoonz kernel has it. faux's has it. stock kernel has it. just the way it is on the msm8974pro

albinoman887

Dec 14, 2010
Snohomish, WA
Thx for this kernel! Everything works great except one thing...the min frequency doesn't stick @ 300 mhz. I have this problem an all kernels I tried. :( I tried your advice with no frills cpu but unfortunately it doesn't helps it even set it to 300 mhz!

asa9ehyd.jpg

not sure about no frills but using system tuner it will eventually reset to what you set

kgyirhj

Jun 16, 2014
As the GPU is so much overclocked, is there any GPU governor similar to the CPU ones?
I assume the phone temporarily underclock the GPU if it's not needed to save battery, am I right?

And BTW I think the config file has a typo.
# GOV+smartmax
Should be
# GOV=smartmax
Right?

kgyirhj

Jun 16, 2014
Does this kernel include all features from original Ktoonse kernel?
I noticed Ktoonse TW kernel zip file is several megabytes bigger then this one.

stalli0nUK

Jun 24, 2013
Oxford
Chronic-config.sh is not in system/etc. Do we make it our self's? Thanks for kernel btw

Sent from my SM-G900F using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

GDofWR420

May 3, 2011
Any idea on stability with a S5 active sm g870a. And if so will Tegrak overclock run with this kernel.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

albinoman887

Dec 14, 2010
Snohomish, WA
Chronic-config.sh is not in system/etc. Do we make it our self's? Thanks for kernel btw

Sent from my SM-G900F using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

hmmm. it should be. never actually checked to see if it copied over. is it present in the zip file?

EDIT: just realized i compiled the build with my "dev" script that doesnt include the zip. I'm gonna be releasnig a new version soon (NO ETA!!!!) when i do i'll pop the script in there. everything in it you could configure with an app anyways. I just like it because its set on boot always and faster

Is the SELinux status set to permissive by any chance? if so that would be fantastic!

yes it should be

Does this kernel include all features from original Ktoonse kernel?
I noticed Ktoonse TW kernel zip file is several megabytes bigger then this one.

not entirely. the size is because of XZ compression. but I did remove some of the extra cpu throttling things. like GPS governor or music playing min freq etc since i dont support his app. But other then that yes..

Reactions: kgyirhj

GDofWR420

May 3, 2011
You are in the galaxy s5 section. It will probably not work for the s5 active

Reason I ask is I've heard people flashing stuff from your guys section and only losing the active button which other than the fingerprint scanner is really the only big difference and also s5 active doesn't have its own forum so I have to post here with you guys. Hopefully we will have our own forum soon. EDIT: duh locked bootloader here never mind

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Last edited:

brees75

Jul 6, 2012
Dallas
albinoman887 - Thank you for this kernel! Only thing missing from Ktoonsez was -fsync support and you rectified the issue.

brees75

Jul 6, 2012
Dallas
Update

One issue I have found, flashing the kernel breaks init.d, for some reason it deletes 'system/bin/sysinit'.

Also I guess I wrongly assumed that the HTC fsync was the same as standard -fsync disabling, for one the module isn't there and there is not any bandwidth increase that one would see if -fsync was disabled. Can you add support for it? The issues with it and data loss are greatly exaggerated and it doesn't have to be enabled by default. Thank you, so far the kernel is running great.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ChronicKernel for Samsung Galaxy S5

2lw3ss0.png

Code:
    #include 
    /*
     * Your warranty is now likely void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * spontaneous combustion, or any other host of cosmic penalties
     * which may befall you, your family, or your phone.
     */

Here is a initial kernel for TW. Forked from ktoonsez, t has all the features you would expect from a modded kernel, CPU OC, GPU OC, more CPU governors, Undervolted, GPU OC CPU L2 OC, and linaro -o3 optimizations

Screenshots

Screenshot_2014_07_08_00_53_03.png

Screenshot_2014_07_01_12_18_16.png

2jpqfKR.png

Requirements
    * Rooted (obviously)

Installation
    1: Place zip on sdcard
    3: Reboot into recovery
    3: Clear cache and dalvik cache
    4: Flash zip
    5: Reboot
    6: If desired edit the init script at /system/etc/chronic-config.sh to suit your needs
    7: Profit :)

c4ypvbf.png

ChronicKernel

* All-in-One kernel for all qualcomm variants
    * Compiled with linaro
    * GPU OC to 657 Mhtz (578Mhtz default - configurable though chronic-config.sh init script)
    * CPU OC to 3.07 Ghtz (2.45 Ghtz default)
    * CPU bandwith increase
    * Added many I/O Schedulers (ROW, SIO, ZEN, etc...)
    * Merged a lot of scheduler related performance patches from my S4 kernel and Faux123's
    * Added CPU Governors intelliactive wheatley pegasusq smartmax dancedance nightmare intellidemand badass abyssplugv2 abyssplug and Lionheart (Default gov = interactive)
    * User adjustable CPU uV
    * Kernel based thermal management
    * Chronic Hotplug (kernel based mpdecision replacement)
    * No ROM overriding your Max freq BS :)
    * FauxSound
    * frandom support
    * Enable/disable fsync support (fsync enabled by default)
    * Countless amounts of ARM optimization from various sources
    * Optimized and compiled with with the "Optimize a lot, or -o3 option)
    * USB fast charge (disabled by default - configurable though chronic-config.sh init script
    * Linux 3.4+

PqCOw62.png

This kernel uses a simple shell script called chronic-config.sh (located at /system/etc/chronic-config.sh) With this script you can specify your desired default values for various things including cpu governor, min/max cpu freq. USB fastcharge etc. This file as is requires no intervention and will not interfere with any kernel tuning app you already use. It is just there for people who like a minimal approach and as it is the most direct method of changing settings so will always work. We all know how sometimes apps get an update and it breaks something for you Below is an example of the config options in the script.

Code:
    # Configure your options here #

# Config default CPU Gonvernor
    #
    # Kernel Default: interactive
    # Uncomment desired governor by removing the "#" symbal before desired gov
    # and add a "#" to the old line

# Possible values

# GOV=abyssplug
    # GOV=abyssplugv2
    # GOV=badass
    # GOV=consevative
    # GOV=dancedance
    # GOV=intelliactive
    # GOV=intellidemand
    # GOV=linoheart
    # GOV=nightmare
    # GOV=ondemand
    # GOV=pegasusq
    # GOV=performance
    # GOV=powersave
    # GOV=smartmax
    # GOV=userspace
    # GOV=wheatley
    GOV=interactive

# Config CPU frequency
    #
    # Default: 2457600 (2.45Ghtz)
    # Recomended: 2764800 (2.76Ghtz)
    # available frequencies:
    # 300000 345600 422400 499200 576000 652800 729600 806400 883200 960000 1036800 1113600 1190400 1267200 1344000 1420800
    # 1497600 1574400 1651200 1728000 1804800 1881600 1958400 2035200 2112000 2150400 2188800 2265600 2342400 2419200 2457600
    # 2534400 2611200 2688000 2764800 2841600 2918400 2995200 3072000
    #
    # Max/Min
    MAXFREQ=2457600
    MINFREQ=300000

# Config GPU clock Max Frequency
    # 389000000 = 389mhz (Super Underclocked)
    # 462400000 = 450mhz (Underclocked)
    # 578000000 = 578mhz (Default)
    # 657500000 = 657mhz (Overclocked)
    GPU_MAX=578000000

# Config GPU clock Min Frequency

# ** Choose either Samsung default 320Mhtz or Standard 200Mhtz
    # ** key is as follows..

# 320Mhtz = 4
    # 200Mhtz = 5
    GPU_MIN=4

# I/O Scheduler
    # 
    # Available schedulers: cfq, bfq, fiops, noop, deadline, row, sio, vr, zen, fifo
    # Device default: cfq
    SCHED=cfq

# Enable/Disable FSYNC
    #
    # Y = Enabled (default)
    # N = Disabled
    FSYNC=Y

# Enable Fastcharge
    # 0 = disabled
    # 1 = substitute AC to USB charging always
    # 2 = substitute AC to USB charging only if there is no USB peripheral detected
    FASTCHARGE=0

# Chronic Hotplug
    # set custom "enable_core_thresholds" This is represented as four numbers each being for the corosponding core (0,1,2.3)
    # the numbers are derived from cpu load times 10
    # 0 = always on
    # 999 = never on
    ENABLE_CORE_THRES="0 290 340 390"

# End of configurable options #

sB7atuO.png

July-30
    * Updated to latest NG2 source from Samsung
    * Updated kernel to Linux 3.4.100

July-19
    * Cleaned up cpu frequency table, 2899Mhtz was never a valid freq, and the new ones were based off of that step. That is now fixed
    * Bumped bandwith on 3 highest freq steps
    * Bumped max voltage to 1400
    * I/O: deadline: Allow 0ms deadline latency, increases the read speed
    * SELinux: Fix memory leak upon loading policy
    * msm: kgsl: Fix nice level for higher priority GPU start thread, previously we were using the lowest possible process priority which increase latency, (cherry-picked from flar2's HTC One-M8 kernel)
    * PM: devfreq: Use high priority workqueue. Same thing as mentioned above, give the GPU freq driver higher priority (flar2)
    * A couple misc. I/O related patches from upstream CAF kernel
    * Updated to latest NF6 kernel source from Samsung
    * removed more log span (ktoonsez)
    * added nightmare cpu governor
    * tweaked some ancient configs for intellidemand back from the msm8x60 days
    * added frandom support if there is anyone who uses it
    * Added sysfs module to enable/disable fsync (enabled by default). It's in the standard location (/sys/module/sync/parameters/fsync_enabled) and like always can be configured though the chronic-config.sh script. I can also personally vouch for the tack that tricksterMOD will show the FSYNC enable/disable toggle with this patch. So any other app with the option should as well
    * cleaned up chronic-config.sh and added missing cpu governors to list

July-17
    * Added ability to overclock CPU to 3.01Ghtz

July-13
    * Chronic Hotplug is born! This is basically based off of ktoonz KT auto hotplug but with user configurable parameters. Right now all you can change is the "enable_core_thresholds" this is the load the system has to be at for each respective core to turn online. the number is % of cpu load time 10. So 30% would be 300 (0 = always online). There is one module called enable_core_thresholds that sets all four cores. Its formatted like this (0 240 290 390). I have added an option in the chronic-config.sh script to configure this. Here is an example showing cores 0 and 3 always being on and 1 and 2 to come on at 24% and 29% respectively
    Code:
    ENABLE_CORE_THRES="0 240 290 0"
    This line can be found in chronic-config.sh under the "Chronic Hotplug" section. Check script or above for more info.
    * Disabled userspace mpdecision since we are now using Chronic Hotplug
    * Also added option to set I/O scheduler in chronic-config.sh
    * Backported some upstream 3.16 scheduler updates

July-10
    * Reverted some of the sched tweaks merged from faux's kernel to vastly improve I/O performance
    * Disabled some more debug options we don't need to speed up the kernel
    * Switched back to Gzip compression as we have the room and kernel will initialize faster
    * Set net loopback default mtu to 64K
    * Fixed simple-ondemand gpu governor from crashing (ktoonsez)
    * Reverted DRIVERS: SLIMBUS initial overclock commit as it seemed to drain battery when playing music
    * Removed async-fsync for now until I make a module for it. Like another user said, I didn't notice any performance decrease with it off.
    * Removed F2FS as i'm pretty sure its only compatible with AOSP (If i'm wrong let me know and i'll merge it back)
    * Further tweaks to thermal (kthermal) values to be more stable on high frequencies (dropped polling speed to 500 ms and lowered temp limits about 2 degrees
    * Disabled KT-auto-hotplug code i forgot about since I don't support it
    * Stopped Samsung's "cpufreq_limit" driver from overriding Max freq (note: I had the option of stopping it from changing the min freq but it drastically decreases performance. This is equal to the cpu-boost and DVFS driver on the S4. They just expanded it to include a max freq cap which i disabled so we are not limited by it, So bottom line. You can set your min freq/ but it is temporarily overridden by the driver at times. THIS IS NORMAL AND IS LIKE THIS IN ALL KERNELS EXCEPT I ACTUALLY DISABLED THE MAX LIMIT SO IT STOPS GETTING LIMITED AT 1.19GHTZ AT TIMES. THIS IS THE OPTIMUM SOLUTION
    * Fised chronic-config.sh not copying to the devices
    * chronic-config.sh: fixed path for GPU max freq
    * Set GPU min freq to 320mhtz (Samsung default) and added an option in chronic-config.sh to change it
    * chronic-config.sh: list all available cpu frequencies instead of just a range since they are hard to remember :p

July-5
    * initial release *

Some noteworthy changes from original source not listed above...
    * Got rid of some logspan.
    * send input events one at a time (faster touchboost related responses)
    * few mismatch derps by samsung (faux123)
    * Few other small fixes

25j8p5y.png

* ]If you have problems with frequencies sticking use "System Tuner" and go to Settings and prevent other apps from changing CPU settings

* ]If you have problems with MINIMUM frequency sticking the reason is because of the touch boost driver. when you tap the screen you can't go below 1.19Ghtz, hence whenever you set a min freq....The only real solution to this without disabling the touch boost driver which hinders performance is to use the chronic-config.sh script or have an app set it boot. basically be set without a tap on the screen :)

* Although this kernel has now reached "beta" status. bugs still could pop up. please if you find a reproducible bug and decide to post please try and provide a last_kmesg or logcat.

l5SakBJ.png

TW : ChronicKernel-KK4.4-TW-KLTE-v1.5.zip

Goo.im Repo (mirror) : CLICK HERE

sq796s.png

My Github (main): https://github.com/Team-Hydra/android_kernel_samsung_klte

w5xnyz0.png

* ktoonsez, this is a major fork of his kernel!
    * First off of course cyanogen, the CyanogenMod project and all who contribute.
    * A lot of this was taken/based off of flar2's Kernel for the HTC One, so thanks for the source!
    * Also grabbed some things from Faux123's kernel
    * All the people who have helped me learn more and more over the past year and a half :) (arco/dastin1018/android1234567) you guys are the best!

a9lll1.png

here is a donation link if you want to buy me a coffee or pack of smokes (I go through a lot sitting on the PC messing around lol) go ahead. But not required or expected by any means :)

Note: The name on the paypal account may say patricia, this is because it's a family paypal account. :)

Happy Flashing

Albinoman887

XDA:DevDB Information
    [TW] ChronicKernel (UV/GPU/CPU-OC/linaro), Kernel for the Samsung Galaxy S 5

Contributors
    albinoman887
    Kernel Special Features: Linux 3.4.x Kernel for GS5 with overclocked CPU/GPU, Linaro optimizations, chronic-hotplug, upstream fixes, frandom, and much much more

Version Information

Created 2014-07-06
    Last Updated 2014-07-30
    new build posted. its a goodie :p
    I am thinking of installing that rom, is the camera the only thing that doesn't work?

dont use that crap. I'm working on the S5 brinup for CM. that is litteraly just a build bot churning out elelinux/garwynn/toms/my test changes. there isnt much fixed. there are still wakelocks due to nfc i think, gps is hit and miss. cpu is always about 40% usage which makes me think there is another wakelock or process that is screwed. and i couldnt install paid apps but that could have been the pa_gapps package i used. bottom line dont use it. I have a AOSP version of my kernel ready to go that I specifically haven't released so people don't use those crap builds. I WAS uploading "certifed" DEV builds which means we thought it was at least a decent enough preview release with only bugs we knew about in it. but people got so pissy in that thread and thought i was making up BS about my build server. also they thought UB fixed video playback. they didn't tdm (tom marshal) from CM did. it was simply missing vendor libs. their build bot just compiled his git at the right time. nothing more. Stay away from those builds is the bottom line. their crap.

CM will come back when its ready. thank all the whiners for it being gone.

Sorry i know that was OT but i had to get that out

./rant-off
    new build posted... just source updates basically, no new features
    new build posted....