[KERNEL][UPDATED]TomKernel V4 S9/S9+/Note9 [ONEUI][AOSP][EAS]

Search This thread

Tomilly

Jul 24, 2018
Hello guys ! Come and meet my new Developed Kernel maintained for S9(starqlte), S9+(star2qlte) and Note9 (Crowqlte)

This Kernel was designed to find the best balance between autonomy, less heating and greater stability. See the list of changes:

* V4 Changelog

* Fixed Home Launcher Bug in roms
* Fixed Security option on Gsi/Aosp Roms
* internal bugs fixed

* V3 Changelog
* Merged with the smudge kernel source
* Fixed NFC issue
* Fixed issue with usb connection with other devices
* Fixed issue when mounting some memory cards
* Added Governors : ondemand, powersave and conservative
* Re-implemented custom rom/gsi support: now the system will not bootloop in gsi.
* Improved storage and cryptography blobs: It is now possible to use the kernel with the Oneui rom stock, without the need to install magisk.
* and all changes from version V2
Note: Due to changes in the kernel structure to solve several errors, and especially the compatibility with the stock rom without root, when booting the system a message is displayed informing the one related to the changed system, just click ok and everything will be fine!

Thank you all for the support!!

:)

TomKernel v2 Changelog:

* GCC 4.9 Compiler
* WQ Power Efficient
* Disabled Boost CFS
* Disabled AIO support
* Several unnecessary kernel debugs
* Config_hz set at 100mhz
* Added adaptive voltage control
* Disable Multi Core Schedule
* Added Zram
* F2FS partition support (We need a patch for support alongside recovery)
* and many other improvements to the internal code. Test and check the stability!!

How to Install ?
Just flash it according to your variant in twrp/orangefox , if you have magisk , the installer will keep it intact

The files are attached to the post, download according to your version

Kernel source: https://github.com/ZEROAESQUERDA/SDM845_SAMSUNG_KERNEL

Attachments

• TomKernel-V4-Note9.zip
    32.9 MB · Views: 92
  • TomKernel-V4-S9[1].zip
    36.2 MB · Views: 243
  • TomKernel-V4-S9+[1].zip
    34.2 MB · Views: 232
Last edited:

Qosmio-

Sep 14, 2013
Hi, cool a new kernel, can it be flashed over klabit v6.5 and is better then that kernel?

ele3131

Feb 26, 2015
Glad to see more support for S9, will for sure test it after NFC is fixed, nice work!

Tomilly

Jul 24, 2018
Screenshot_20221002-050304_AnTuTu Benchmark.jpg

I'm focusing on another variant, but different from the one that focuses on temperature and stability, the other one focuses on raw performance

Tomilly

Jul 24, 2018
* V3 Changelog
* Fixed NFC issue
* Re-implemented custom rom/gsi support: now the system will not bootloop in gsi.
* Improved storage and cryptography blobs: It is now possible to use the kernel with the Oneui rom stock, without the need to install magisk.
Note: Due to changes in the kernel structure to solve several errors, and especially the compatibility with the stock rom without root, when booting the system a message is displayed informing the one related to the changed system, just click ok and everything will be fine!

Reactions: ele3131 and Qosmio-

Tomilly

Jul 24, 2018
V4 Changelog:

* Fixed Home Launcher in some roms
* Fixed Bug in security in AOSP rom/gsi
* Fixed some bugs in source code

Reactions: Qosmio-

RAExda

Mar 29, 2021
Samsung Galaxy S9
I currently have rooted Stock Firmware with Security update from May 2022 and using klabit kernel V6.5 on my S9 snapdragon (SM-9600)

I flashed this kernel and got a error message "Android System There's an internal problem with your device..."

In addition, I can't connect to the phone from windows. ADB shows no devices attached (Dev Mode, USB debugging is ON).
Most other apps, functions seem to be OK.

Any idea how to fix the Android System error and get ADB to start working?

ele3131

Feb 26, 2015
I currently have rooted Stock Firmware with Security update from May 2022 and using klabit kernel V6.5 on my S9 snapdragon (SM-9600)

I flashed this kernel and got a error message "Android System There's an internal problem with your device..."

In addition, I can't connect to the phone from windows. ADB shows no devices attached (Dev Mode, USB debugging is ON).

You can ignore the error message, about the ADB, I also have this problem, even changing ROM did not fix it =(

Solin Solito

Aug 16, 2019

personally i can only get windows to recognize my phone when i go into twrp recovery :(

Qosmio-

Sep 14, 2013
Info kernel bugs,

ADP not working with v2, v3, V4 kernel version.
NFC not working with v3,and v4 Kernel version, works great in v2 kernel version.
Samsung Clear view case not working with v3 and v4 kernel version, work great in v2 kernel version.

Forgot to mention, running stock rom BUILD G965U1UES9FVD1

Last edited:

ele3131

Feb 26, 2015
personally i can only get windows to recognize my phone when i go into twrp recovery :(
Here even TWRP doesn't recognize ADB, only "download mode" sadly.

Info kernel bugs,

ADP not working with v2, v3, V4 kernel version.
NFC not working with v3,and v4 Kernel version, works great in v2 kernel version.
Samsung Clear view case not working with v3 and v4 kernel version, work great in v2 kernel version.

Forgot to mention, running stock rom BUILD G965U1UES9FVD1
NFC is working fine here with V4 =/

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello guys ! Come and meet my new Developed Kernel maintained for S9(starqlte), S9+(star2qlte) and Note9 (Crowqlte)

This Kernel was designed to find the best balance between autonomy, less heating and greater stability. See the list of changes:

* V4 Changelog

* Fixed Home Launcher Bug in roms
    * Fixed Security option on Gsi/Aosp Roms
    * internal bugs fixed

* V3 Changelog
    * Fixed NFC issue

Thank you all for the support!!

TomKernel v2 Changelog:

* GCC 4.9 Compiler
    * WQ Power Efficient
    * Disabled Boost CFS
    * Disabled AIO support
    * Several unnecessary kernel debugs
    * Config_hz set at 100mhz
    * Added adaptive voltage control
    * Disable Multi Core Schedule
    * Added Zram
    * F2FS partition support (We need a patch for support alongside recovery)
    * and many other improvements to the internal code. Test and check the stability!!

How to Install ?
    Just flash it according to your variant in twrp/orangefox , if you have magisk , the installer will keep it intact

The files are attached to the post, download according to your version

Kernel source: https://github.com/ZEROAESQUERDA/SDM845_SAMSUNG_KERNEL

Screenshot_20221002-050304_AnTuTu Benchmark.jpg

I'm focusing on another variant, but different from the one that focuses on temperature and stability, the other one focuses on raw performance
    * V3 Changelog
    * Fixed NFC issue
    V4 Changelog:

* Fixed Home Launcher in some roms
    * Fixed Bug in security in AOSP rom/gsi
    * Fixed some bugs in source code