[KERNEL][UsU][STOCK|TITAN] UsU patched kernel versions

Search This thread

sdembiske

Jan 4, 2015
I am using the latest aoscp n rom, I do have twrp N 3.2.2 preview. My computer crashed and i lost my salt MM modem backup. I downloaded the h812 20z modem zip from steadfasters github and flashed it with twrp along with the os and gapps. Phone hangs after LG logo when it says android where it's supposed to lighten and darken. Android stays white after a few seconds the screen goes dark and the message indicator light goes blue. I download an MM build and extracted the 20x modem bin from it but I'm not sure how to flash it with fastboot maybe it will work because the 20z doesn't. Thanks again for your help!! I'm sorry i just want to get my phone working again without spending $$$ for a new one.

Latest TWRP preview image is 3.2.3: http://leech.binbash.it:8008/TWRP/N/
To boot into fastboot mode, see the Changes in behavior in the UsU thread. Use the following command:
fastboot flash modem modem.image
in your asb/fastboot sdk folder.

Refer to: FAQ #22 in the FAQ's in the UsU thread and if you're still having problems go into IRC and get some help directly from steadfasterX.

Reactions: kjdoug

mark324

Aug 5, 2012
All I did for working everything with bootloader unlocked with SALT and baseband flashed on stock MM H812:
First thing I did was follow the following since I allready flashed the baseband after unlocking:

In the above procedure I first used my backup MM modem and calls had no sound then I repeated the same procedure using the N modem and it bootlooped.

Restored my FULL TWRP backup (Boot, Recovery, System, Data, Cache, Firmware image, EFS, BL unlock state, Bootloader, Carrier) to MM stock with root and custom kernel (LuPus).

Booted into the system once to make sure all working.
Boot into recovery.
Mount system partition.
Flash full stock nougat (G4_ARB-any_v29a_FULL-STOCK-ROM_UsU.zip).
Reboot into recovery.
Mount system partition.
Flash baseband file (H812_UsU_baseband_flash-in-twrp.zip).
Reboot into system.
Wait for stock rom to fully load (Takes about 15 mins).
SIM and SD card fully working! Network is immediate with no delay only on first boot for some reason then see below.
Reboot into recovery.
Flash Magisk.
Reboot into system.

Notification that Network unavailable, service disabled message where carrier name should be, then the network works (had
to select my provider under APN settings and then my provider under network selection because it auto selected the wrong
but working provider) Network takes a couple of minutes to kick in properly on each reboot.

Bluetooth, Sound, calls, SMS, GPS, NFC, Camera(pics and vids incl playback), LG Apps like Quick remote and Health (even FM
Radio app runs but no sound), Dolby Atmos, Magisk all working!

Phone is now a LGLS991 and baseband unknown in settings.

EVERYTHING IS PERFECT!
I've installed the nougat stock on my h812, and everything seems to work fine, I've just got a question on the network data signal, are you getting LTE, I'm getting 4G, I'm assuming that is the same as LTE with different branding, or am I wrong, thanks.

sdembiske

Jan 4, 2015
I've installed the nougat stock on my h812, and everything seems to work fine, I've just got a question on the network data signal, are you getting LTE, I'm getting 4G, I'm assuming that is the same as LTE with different branding, or am I wrong, thanks.

4G and 4G LTE are different with LTE being the later evolution of 4G (you could google it). To ascertain what your signal is, install LTE Discovery from Play Store (or other similar apps for that matter)- it should indicate if you're actually on an LTE network.

Reactions: mark324

rock2rap

Oct 19, 2012
Lopburi
now i'm H815 UsU Device on H-Rom 2.2 and I flash Titan Kernel by kessaras. I feel is not stable and random overheat. How can I flash back by this Kernel?

Edit: after Flash this i've get "System UI has been stop!"

Last edited:

sdembiske

Jan 4, 2015
now i'm H815 UsU Device on H-Rom 2.2 and I flash Titan Kernel by kessaras. I feel is not stable and random overheat. How can I flash back by this Kernel?

Edit: after Flash this i've get "System UI has been stop!"

If you can access TWRP, you can try restoring a previous backup. The H-Rom 2.2 is not specifically designed for a UsU'ed device and the problem likely resides in that. Any time you go to a rom not specifically built for a UsU'ed device, you increase your risk.

I personally in your situation would clean flash (wipe Cache, Dalvik cache & System and format Data) a USU'ed rom designed specifically for your H815 from the Downloads link in the UsU unlock thread. A ported LG stock rom is available there if you need/want to stick to that.

Reactions: rock2rap

vic10266

Dec 23, 2015
hi, im looking for a compatible kernel version for my us991 g4, i unlocked it with UsU and flashed the stock nougat rom in the UsU thread, but i had video camera problems and had to return back to the factory marshmallow backup i made in twrp, i want to know what UsU kernel is compatible with my phone and try the nougat rom again, this is my salt info, thx for your help :good:

YiPoGDx.png

jeno1957

Jun 10, 2012
I have an H812 , followed Steadfaster instructions and unlocked it with Usu.
then install G4_ARB_Any-V29a-Full-Stock-ROM_UsU.zip
Now phone says "Model LGLS991"

Should I update kernel to a better one ?
If yes, which version should I try ?
How about a "Max4Cores" ?

Thanks!

steadfasterX

Recognized Developer
Nov 13, 2013
I have an H812 , followed Steadfaster instructions and unlocked it with Usu.
then install G4_ARB_Any-V29a-Full-Stock-ROM_UsU.zip
Now phone says "Model LGLS991"

Should I update kernel to a better one ?
If yes, which version should I try ?
How about a "Max4Cores" ?

Thanks!
really read the UsU FAQ why it shows LS991

steadfasterX

Recognized Developer
Nov 13, 2013
I am not concerned about that it shows LG LS991, it does not matter.
Just want to know, if I should update kernel (Titan ?) and if yes, to which version ?
Thanks
There's no other stock nougat kernel then this UsU patched one . this UsU kernel which will fix the model and allow flashing pure stock modem. You don't need it when you flash the baseband (or ever had flashed it) and when you don't care about the wrong model. So at the end all up to you

jeno1957

Jun 10, 2012
There's no other stock nougat kernel then this UsU patched one . this UsU kernel which will fix the model and allow flashing pure stock modem. You don't need it when you flash the baseband (or ever had flashed it) and when you don't care about the wrong model. So at the end all up to you

I decided to give a try to a kernel file Titan_kernel_H815_N_v1.8.zip by developer Kessaras.
Flashed it from TWRP, rebooted, kernel version changed from v3.10.84 to v3.10.108
Lost root, so needed to reflash Magisk 21.2......now have root again.
so far I did not notice any significant change.....display, sound, camera, wifi, bluetooth, wifi direct works

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    About

Who needs this?

When you unlocked by UsU you have to flash a special baseband package afterwards in order to make ROMs working higher then LP (so MM, N, ..).
    This is annoying on the one hand and can cause problems on the other.

These UsU kernels are specific for your model and available for several custom and stock ROMs.
    Just flash the corresponding UsU kernel after flashing a ROM and ensure that your modem partition is pure the one of yours model version (so no baseband package flashed).

Guide

(read FAQ #1 if you have the baseband package flashed currently!)

• Choose the right UsU kernel (according to the ROM you have)
      Ensure you have a ROM installed which is compatible with an UsU kernel (means an UsU kernel exists for your ROM and version)
      If not: Flash a ROM which has an UsU kernel available NOW.
    • Download the UsU kernel to your PC
    • Boot device in fastboot mode (check the UsU OP thread for a how-to)
    • Flash the downloaded UsU kernel (has to be done again after a ROM flashing!):
      Code:
      fastboot flash boot <model>_xx_boot_xx.img
      (replace "<model>_xx_boot_xx.img" with the real filename)
    • Reboot and enjoy:
      Code:
      fastboot reboot

Downloads

steadfasterX leech Server

• Choose the folder of your device (all the ones named "-UsU" are obviously those of your interest)
    • Choose the ROM flavor of the ROM you have installed or want to install
    • Choose the version of that ROM
    • Download the latest boot image you can find (the higher the build number the newer)

Sources / Changelogs

Credits

• kessaras - without him the custom versions of the UsU kernels wouldn't be what they are :)
    • me - I provided the UsU patches included in every UsU kernel, a Jenkins build server, a download server and many of my free time.. so yes I think I can get some credits too ;)

XDA:DevDB Information
    UsU kernel versions, Kernel for the LG G4

Contributors
    steadfasterX, kessaras
    Source Code: https://github.com/Suicide-Squirrel

Kernel Special Features: Making UsU baseband package flashing obsolete

Version Information

Created 2018-03-15
    Last Updated 2020-04-14
    Frequently Asked Questions

FAQ

• 1) I want to use an UsU kernel but I had flashed the baseband package as recommended by the UsU thread. What do I need to do?
      Pretty simple. Flash the modem partition again in fastboot.
      Which one depends...
      I highly recommend to use a MM modem of YOUR model (for MM ROMs) or the v29a N modem (for N and O ROMS).
      Unfortunately for some models the v29a N modem does not work fine so you will be the safest when using the MM one of your device model.
      1. Ensure you have a ROM installed which is compatible with an UsU kernel (means an UsU kernel exists for your ROM and version)
        If not: Flash a ROM which has an UsU kernel available NOW.
      2. Extract the latest MM KDZ of your device model with SALT (do NOT use the windows tools!)
      3. Boot device in fastboot mode (check the UsU OP thread for a how-to)
      4. Flash the modem:
        Code:
        fastboot flash modem modem.bin
        (or if named img: fastboot flash modem modem.img)
      5. Flash the downloaded UsU kernel:
        Code:
        fastboot flash boot <model>_xx_boot_xx.img
        (replace "<model>_xx_boot_xx.img" with the real filename)
      6. Reboot and enjoy:
        Code:
        fastboot reboot

• 2) Where are the sources for the UsU kernels?
      AOSCP - Nougat -> here
      AOSCP - Oreo -> here
      STOCK - Nougat -> here

• 3) Are all UsU kernels based on the TITAN stuff?
      No. Only AOSCP Nougat / Oreo for now are based on the TITAN kernel.
      STOCK is pure STOCK plus the UsU patches.

• ZZZ) I miss a UsU kernel for my ROM!! Could you provide it please?
      Do not hesitate to ask.. KINDLY. There is no guarantee. Maybe I will add it - maybe not. There are too many out there to build for all of them.
      Up to then you are stuck with flashing the baseband package or switch to an UsU kernel supported ROM

i flashed through fastboot. it booted and now I can play games without my phone doing thermal shutdowns. don't know if it flashed kernel but I can finally play games with aoscp nougat, thank you :D. I hope we can get usu kernel for crdroid or lineage on H815. I miss lineage features so much
    LOS will come one day

Sent from my LG-H815 using XDA Labs
    I have H812 unlocked with UsU and flashed baseband and I stayed on the stock MM rom.

As far as I can figure this is what I should do to get stock Nougat
    Don't wipe anything in TWRP
    Flash stock nougat rom G4_ARB-any_v29a_FULL-STOCK-ROM_UsU.zip then reboot into fastboot,
    flash modem.bin from my original SALT backup of original MM modem,
    flash UsU kernel h812_stock_boot_build-11-nougat.img
    reboot to system and enjoy!
    Hopefully this is right!

Edit: Everything works perfectly except calls and corrupted sdcard!

Attached the error log for when making a call.
    Checkout faq zzz in the UsU thread.. :(

Thanks Chief :good: one should not need this kernel, in my case H815, if one is having no issues?

Edit: I do have a no Sim detection issue with aoscp oreo
    Well up to you if you flash it or not. If everything is working I see no other reason then cosmetics.

This is a very well known issue for aoscp oreo! Just use the a search in that thread! They also have issues with battery drain etc and I always said oreo is nothing which I can recommend atm. Its a play ground for me even if it boots and most things are working.
    So what does this tell us H812 users about the source of the problem. Flashing the original ARB O Nougat ROM (+ N bootloader stack?) kills calls. If you go back to the original state after unlock, then flash ARB any Nougat + baseband you are fine. So steadfasterx, can you answer this question: What does flashing the ARB O ROM (+N bootloader stack) do to continue to kill calls even after you flash with another ROM? What do you need to do (other than restoring a backup) to undo this? My original TWRP backup wouldn't boot so restoring a nandroid isn't an option for me.

• your bootloader stack (all files mentioned in FAQ 18) must be on MM
    • you would flash G4_ARB-any_v29a_FULL-STOCK-ROM_UsU.zip (as described in the guide)
    • you would flash the baseband package
    • you would boot
    • everything should work but give it time (15min to fully boot the first time)
    • you should set the preferred network type to 3G or 2G (this setting here is the most important and - until now- missing part!)
    • reboot
    • give it at least 5min if it still does not connect to cellular network you may need to search cellular networks manually - several times if needed
    • you may need to set a cell network manually
    • you may need to reboot again

all the above has been written already but some users still report that this does not work for them. Maybe the time factor is important (most users are impatient)
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone