[KERNEL] | WildKernel v013 | Featurlicous | Tame Companion | January 29th

Search This thread

suaverc118

Mar 19, 2012
Boot loop for me, using the latest Pac Man nightly...

Do this... Go into your root explorer or whatever you use and locate system/framework and locate "framework-pac.jar". Copy it and rename the copy version to "framework2.jar" and leave the original alone. So now you have a "framework-pac.jar and a Framework2.jar". Then reboot and flash the kernel. I'm running it on PAC 5/19 with no issues so far.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T989 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: ricthot

jalialar14

Jan 19, 2011
Vega Baja
Running it for 2 days now without issues or lags...on Beanstalk's port with Ondemand/zen settings, underclocked to 1242 for battery. It did lag a little on default Badass settings. Good job dev!

wvuravens-fan

Oct 13, 2013
Same here dude.. Cannot change governor or phone will freeze and then go bezerk...boot loops etc. Will not work on alpine or carbon for me
Works fine on alpine. Avoid on demand setting. It has been crashing my phone for a while now.

Make sure you clear your cache after the install.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T989 using XDA Free mobile app

bmg002

Aug 21, 2012
Xiaomi Mi 5s Plus
Seems to be working on HellKat build 3/11 (modified one that I posted in that thread). Having no issues related to the Kernel. logcat throws the following warning while starting:
W/libc ( 221): char* ttyname(int)(3) is not implemented on Android

which I am not sure if that is Kernel or ROM related (yet).
I get an error opening the third framebuffer:
D/qdoverlay( 338): initoverlay:: opening the device:: /dev/graphics/fb0
D/qdoverlay( 338): initoverlay:: opening the device:: /dev/graphics/fb1
D/qdoverlay( 338): initoverlay:: opening the device:: /dev/graphics/fb2
E/qdoverlay( 338): cannot open framebuffer(2)

Thinking this is related to MHL not working on non-touchwiz ROMs though.

and other warnings/errors that show up in the log during bootup (maybe ROM related and if so, feel free to ignore them or yell at me for posting irrelevant data):
W/SurfaceFlinger( 338): no suitable EGLConfig found, trying a simpler query

E/MediaPlayerFactory( 341): calling dlopen on FACTORY_LIB
E/MediaPlayerFactory( 341): Failed to open FACTORY_LIB Error : dlopen failed: library "libdashplayer.so" not found

E/AudioFlinger( 341): int android::load_audio_interface(const char*, audio_hw_device_t**) couldn't load audio hw module audio.usb (No such file or directory)
I/AudioFlinger( 341): loadHwModule() error -2 loading module usb
W/AudioPolicyManagerBase( 341): could not open HW module usb

hope this is helpful :)

sfleury

Oct 26, 2008
Kanata, Ont.
I don't think it was the kernel

There was lots of weirdness after my sdcard failure so I did a full wipe and install CM-11 from the 29th, and then put this over that and it has been fine for 24ish hours. There was a period of heavy lag in the middle of a very long game of scrabble, but that could have been an app issue. Can't say I've noticed much improvement in battery using the stock settings, but it is just one day.

gary93

Sep 13, 2008
Its been working great with the stable alpine ROM. Only had a few lag here and there but no big deal. May I ask if anyone can share what kernel tweak are you guys using to get max battery life?

message from the main

ricthot

Jan 11, 2012
Do this... Go into your root explorer or whatever you use and locate system/framework and locate "framework-pac.jar". Copy it and rename the copy version to "framework2.jar" and leave the original alone. So now you have a "framework-pac.jar and a Framework2.jar". Then reboot and flash the kernel. I'm running it on PAC 5/19 with no issues so far.

That worked thanks so much !

suaverc118

Mar 19, 2012
Loving this kernel. Deep sleep of 99% for about 7 hours and went from 100% to 96%. Amazing.

narora9999

Nov 21, 2013
Ludhiana
hey guys somebody please confirm if sweep2wake works for them?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    WildKernel
    for T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S II

Go check out Tame! It goes great with this and it handles OTA updates for this kernel.

This is a Linux based (3.0.101) Kernel which is maintained by me kept inline with the Cyangenmod Kernel so this is compatible with ALL the latest KitKat Roms (unless otherwise stated in the ROM).

Please report anything good and bad so that I know what to keep and what not to keep for the next release. This also helps me push out fixes faster when presented with lots of information (such as logs etc.).

Please see changelogs for an in-depth look at features. Also take a look at the screenshots for a sneak peek.
    Feeling like a critic? Leave a review!

Link broken? Try one of the mirrors, Still a no go? Goto my signature and click the file backups link, then navigate to what you were looking for.

v013: AFH
    TRU Mirrors: #1 / #2

All Releases: AFH | TRU Mirrors

[#WildKernel-Celox-CL]

[/HIDE]
    TeamChopsticks & CyanogenMod
    TeamSXL
    Cl3Kener
    Team Hydra
    TeamDS
    faux123
    Sultanxda
    Tamcore
    cretin45
    showp1984
    RomanBB
    and any others I may have missed

Info on Governors/Schedulers
    You may find my source hosted @ Github

There is NO need to clear caches, kernel installer handles everything. Just flash and reboot.

My recommended Governor/Scheduler setups:

Battery w/ Good Performance at 96-1350mhz:

Intellidemand/SIO (personal choice)
    Lazy/SIO
    Badass/SIO
    Ondemand/SIO
    Wheatley/SIO

'lil more Performance at 96-1512mhz:

Smartass/SIO
    Hyper/Deadline
    Samsung/Deadlne
    lulzactive/Deadline
    Savagedzed/Deadline

Best Performance (worst battery): 384-???mhz

Gaming/Deadline
    Performance/Deadline
    Did you read the announcement? (page header)

XDA:DevDB Information
    WildKernel for the T-Mobile Galaxy S II (hercules), Kernel for the T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S II

Contributors
    Emmanuel U
    Source Code: https://github.com/EmmanuelU/wild_kernel_samsung_msm8660/tree/android-msm-hercules-3.0

Kernel Special Features: Too many features to list, just install it.... now.

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 013
    Stable Release Date: 2015-01-29

Created 2014-05-28
    Last Updated 2015-02-01
    A lil progress

I finally had time to do some kernel work (been so busy last few weeks), and I managed to get CyanogenMod booting and stable with the 009 (I built CM from source alongside WildKernel). This is a good sign, however when I extract the same boot.img to flash on other latest roms I still get the same issue. Still workin on it :good:

attachment.php
    Update

v007 is out and this is one is has a numerous instability patches, that plagued previous versions...go check it out! Enjoy this one as future versions will include a lil extra present *cough* *cough* custom app for WildKernel *cough* *maybe* *cough*
    Long overdue update, enjoy
    v003 and v004 Beta updated for Android 4.4.4

Small but much needed update for the kernels today. 003 and 004 beta now have support for Android 4.4.4, aswell as other previous 4.4 versions.

I recommend only using the v004 beta if you experience graphical issues with v003, otherwise I recommend v003 as it has better battery life (initial kernel base). I'll have it in this format until I can create/kang a kernel base that is stable for all while maintaining the original battery life that you can get with the current v003 (assuming you don't have a sh*tty battery :p). Good day guys.