[KERNEL][Xperia U] Advanced Stock Kernel [Rel:v01][Dt:03/JUNE]

Search This thread

Loccy

Jul 12, 2005
Even an ICS kernel with nothing more than Clockwork would help development for the device greatly, and be much appreciated.

V

Vitophone

We Only need CWM to start playing, PLEASE!!! I know that Doomlord is really busy now, I think it's better to ask keiran or FXP...

troullis2004

Mar 1, 2012
Check out recoverx thread. A solution has been found. We will have a custom recovery in 2-3 weeks.

Sent from my LG-P500 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: armar91

jtdc

Aug 17, 2008
Geylang
hi. as i prefer also gingerbread 2.3.7, what is the recommended CWM to go together with this rooting... i don't think the usual cwm i see around the threads work on GB, cos they are for ICS, but if i am wrong please point me to the correct direction.

i was under the impression that GB is faster than ICS because that is the case on my Arc. now on Xperia U (dual core), is ICS better?

exist2inspire

Oct 27, 2012
had gb only for a day b4 i got upgraded to ics. i use custom roms now. ics is ultimately better (app compatibility, more features), but smoothness/speed wise i think even stock gb was faster n used less ram.

jtdc

Aug 17, 2008
Geylang
had gb only for a day b4 i got upgraded to ics. i use custom roms now. ics is ultimately better (app compatibility, more features), but smoothness/speed wise i think even stock gb was faster n used less ram.

exactly... that's why i prefer GB on arc, and i want to maintain it also on xperiaU. i feel my arc is a bit more smoother than xperiaU... i think this is not more on the cpu, but rather on the GPU.

in any case, this may be the only GB custom ROM, and i will try it when I have time.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1896116

from that same link i got the good working CWM for gingerbread, which is "Supercharged Kernel by Vitophone".

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [ info ]

so friends i present to u Advanced stock kernel for Xperia U!

i dont have device with me but a friend of mine requested me to make this kernel so here it is ;)

now u dont need to flash pre-rooted system images :D

the main kernel (zImage) is stock from FW 6.0.B.1.564

i MAY work on integrating recovery into this advanced stock kernel IF AND WHEN i get time...

thanks to my friend Jozinek for sending the kernel.sin & Amor Cbr, Pwng3 for testing it on their phone!

[ disclaimer ]

I AM NOT TO BE HELD RESPONSIBLE IF U DAMAGE UR PHONE / SPILL UR COFFEE / MISS UR ALARMS / ANY OTHER CALAMITY/MISHAP

[ features ]

• [v01 onwards] added support for init.d scripts (/system/etc/init.d)
    • [v01 onwards] added support for userinit scripts:
      • if sd-ext is mounted then it will execute /sd-ext/userinit.sh & shell scripts in /sd-ext/userinit.d/ folder
      • also scripts in /data/local/ will be executed... it will execute /data/local/userinit.sh & shell scripts in /data/local/userinit.d/ folder
    • [v01 onwards] autorooting (prerooted)
      • su binary & superuser.apk will automatically be installed by kernel :D
      • busybox (1.18.4) gets installed at /system/xbin/
    • [v01 onwards] insecure ramdisk
      • ramdisk is insecure (ro.secure=0)
      • adb server is persistent
      • usb debugging enabled
      • rootfs and /system mounted as rw

[ requirements ]

• stock Sony 6.0.B.1.564 FW
    • bootloader unlocked
    • working fastboot
    • you have read this thread

[ how to install this kernel ]

1. download the kernel.elf
    2. save the it in the folder with fastboot binaries (fastboot.exe files)
    3. power down device
    4. start device in fastboot mode
    5. use the following command to flash the kernel.elf
      Code:
      fastboot flash boot kernel.elf
    6. reboot phone and enjoy the kernel ;)

[ donations ]

if u feel that this work has helped u OR u think that the work i put into making this is worthy of donations, then click on the following link for buying me some coffee/beer/etc ;)

PAYPAL DONATION LINK

[ downloads ]

[Xperia U] Advanced Stock Kernel (FW: .564)
    [ MD5HASH: 6507a237005d8ce7b5b7c4d7655ae4a2 ]

TEST OUT AND LET ME KNOW ASAP!

incase the device doesnt boot, open any stock FTF in FlashTool and flash the kernel.sin (with loader.sin selected) ONLY to get back to stock kernel!

icon8.gif

cheers!
    Ouch! That's a bummer :(
    I was really looking forward to powering up my phone with a sexy Kernel...
    Goodluck nevertheless, have fun in IIMA :)

Tapatalked from Xperia U

i know a few devs who are interested in creating kernel for this device... so dont worry u guys will get custom kernel once sources are released!
    it's was disappointing...DooMKernel is very good kernel...

I understand, but you shouldn't worry, there are many devs interested in this phone.
    I being one of them will be quick to create custom kernel once I get my device (month or 2) and I will be working in the FreeXperia team to bring CM9 to this device :)

Although, I wouldn't say I am as good as DooMLoRD, I'm sure you will enjoy the work of me and other developers :)

Keiran

Sent from my Xperia Play using Tapatalk 2
    [ info ]

so friends i present to u a TEST Advanced stock kernel for Xperia U!

i dont have device with me but i hope some of u with the device can test it out and let me know...

if it works then u dont need to flash pre-rooted system images :D

the main kernel (zImage) is stock from FW 6.0.B.1.564

i MAY work on integrating recovery into this advanced stock kernel IF AND WHEN i get time...

thanks to my friend Jozinek to provide me the kernel.sin

[ disclaimer ]

I AM NOT TO BE HELD RESPONSIBLE IF U DAMAGE UR PHONE / SPILL UR COFFEE / MISS UR ALARMS / ANY OTHER CALAMITY/MISHAP

[ features ]

• [v01 onwards] added support for init.d scripts (/system/etc/init.d)
    • [v01 onwards] added support for userinit scripts:
      • if sd-ext is mounted then it will execute /sd-ext/userinit.sh & shell scripts in /sd-ext/userinit.d/ folder
      • also scripts in /data/local/ will be executed... it will execute /data/local/userinit.sh & shell scripts in /data/local/userinit.d/ folder
    • [v01 onwards] autorooting (prerooted)
      • su binary & superuser.apk will automatically be installed by kernel :D
      • busybox (1.18.4) gets installed at /system/xbin/
    • [v01 onwards] insecure ramdisk
      • ramdisk is insecure (ro.secure=0)
      • adb server is persistent
      • usb debugging enabled
      • rootfs and /system mounted as rw

[ requirements ]

• CLEAN un-rooted stock Sony 6.0.B.1.564 FW along with FTF ready for flashing via FlashTool
    • bootloader unlocked
    • working fastboot
    • you have read this thread

[ how to install this kernel ]

1. download the kernel.elf
    2. save the it in the folder with fastboot binaries (fastboot.exe files)
    3. power down device
    4. start device in fastboot mode
    5. use the following command to flash the kernel.elf
      Code:
      fastboot flash boot kernel.elf
    6. reboot phone and enjoy the kernel ;)

[ donations ]

if u feel that this work has helped u OR u think that the work i put into making this is worthy of donations, then click on the following link for buying me some coffee/beer/etc ;)

PAYPAL DONATION LINK

[ downloads ]

[Xperia U] Advanced Stock Kernel (FW: .564)
    [ MD5HASH: 6507a237005d8ce7b5b7c4d7655ae4a2 ]

TEST OUT AND LET ME KNOW ASAP!

incase the device doesnt boot, open any stock FTF in FlashTool and flash the kernel.sin (with loader.sin selected) ONLY to get back to stock kernel!

icon8.gif

cheers!

1st kernel for my SXU..I try it :) update : it works ;)
    how to recovery on xperia U :confused:
    Why my phone is not booting after flashing with this kernel but cwm is working is there any other way to install cem

this kernel is only for GB, not for ICS, use munjeni's or keiran's kernel for CWM

Sent from my ST25i using xda premium