Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 27, 2010
Pune

----------------[ ANNOUNCEMENT ]--------------------

DooMKernel v22 released!

DooMKernel for Xperia Z Ultra !!!

[ intro ]

so friends i present to u the legendary DooMKernel!

thanks to all the testers who are testing this on their device!

DooMKernel for Sony Z Ultra Google Play Edition is released here: [KERNEL][ZU_GPe] DooMKernel

[ screenshot ]

attachment.php

[ disclaimer ]

BOOTLOADER-CAMERA ISSUE IS FIXED IN 4.3 UPDATE!

OVERCLOCKING CAN BE DANGEROUS! U RISK THE HARDWARE GETTING DAMAGED!
PROCEED WITH CAUTION! U HAVE BEEN WARNED!

I AM NOT TO BE HELD RESPONSIBLE IF U DAMAGE UR PHONE / SPILL UR COFFEE / MISS UR ALARMS / ANY OTHER CALAMITY/MISHAP

DO NOT CROSS FLASH! THIS IS MENT ONLY FOR Xperia Z Ultra (C6802/06/33)

[ features ]

• updated kernel ramdisk to 14.4.A.0.133 (should work on .108 too) [v22 onwards]

• updated kernel sources to 14.4.A.0.133 (.108) included, kernel will now work on latest 4.4.4 ROM [v22 onwards]

• updated TWRP Recovery to v2.8.0.1 [v22 onwards]

• updated PhilZ Recovery to v6.58.4 [v22 onwards]

• updated intelli-plug to v3.8 with all latest patches [thanks to @faux123] [v22 onwards]

• added intelli-thermal v2 [thanks to @faux123] [v22 onwards]

• updated Sound Control to v3.6 with all latest patches [thanks to @faux123] [v22 onwards]

• updated intelli-active CPU governor [thanks to @faux123] [v22 onwards]

• added new patched intelli_plug driver - no need of custom WLAN modules now! (thanks to @faux123 ) [v20 onwards]

• reverted back to stock WLAN modules & firmware [v20 onwards]

• fixed issue: exFAT sdcard are now supported! [v20 onwards]

• now uses custom built wifi wlan modules! (thanks to @dbolivar ) for the tip! [v19 ONLY]
    THIS BREAKS exFAT compatibility for now! if you have exFAT based external SDCARD IT WILL NOT WORK WITH THIS KERNEL VERSION!

• added and enabled Intelli-KSM (kernel same page) (thanks to @faux123 ) [v19 onwards]

• enabled and updated intelli-plug to v2.6 - intelli-plug is an alternative to MPDecision hotplug governor! (thanks to @faux123 ) [v19 onwards]

• added some more PowerSuspend hooks (thanks to @Yank555.lu ) [v19 onwards]

• added Kernel NEON mode support and fixed VFPmodule bounce crash at bootup (thanks to @myfluxi ) [v19 onwards]

• added interface to control vibration intensity (thanks to @Kali- ) [v19 onwards]
    interface is located at: /sys/devices/virtual/timed_output/vibrator/vtg_level
    accepted values: 12 to 31

• added two-way stereo call recording support! (thanks to @chdloc ) [v19 onwards]
    not sure if it works correctly!

• added and enabled NEW CPU Undervolting interface! (thanks to @faux123 ) [v19 onwards]

• added and enabled Simple GPU Algorithm with tweakable parameters! (thanks to @faux123 ) [v19 onwards]

• added and enabled proper RAM Console support - now users can get /proc/last_kmsg (thanks to @Kali- ) [v19 onwards]

• reverted and removed custom MP-Decision [v18 onwards]

• re-enabled Stock Qualcomm MSM MP-Decision driver [v18 onwards]

• added stock mpdecision binary to recovery package [v18 onwards]

• added custom MP-Decision (100% kernel based multi core decision) which replaces Qualcomm's mpdecision! - ported from Bricked kernel for Nexus 5 (thanks to @show-p1984 ) {here is how to use it} [v17 ONLY]
    you will have to manually rename /system/bin/mpdecision to /system/bin/mpdecision.bak and reboot once!

• shifted to GCC 4.9.1 Linaro toolchain with Cortex-A15 optimizations [v17 onwards]

• added msm_sleeper driver! this is basically a kernel level screen off frequency setting driver (thanks to @flar2 ) {here is how to activate it} [v16 onwards]

• added new I/O schedulers: [v16 onwards]
    • BFQ
    • ZEN
    • VR

• fixed GPU governor - simple_ondemand crash (thanks to @myfluxi ) [v16 onwards]

• added optimized memory read/write drivers [v16 onwards]

• intelli-thermal is now working again! [v15 onwards]

• added ZRAM driver [v15 onwards]

• added msm_cpufreq_limiter "Snake Charmer" - now the cores are properly capped! (thanks to @faux123 ) [v14 onwards]

• added smarter default voltage selection based on chip capabilities [v13 onwards]

• shifted to GCC 4.8.3 Linaro toolchain with Cortex-A15 optimizations (thanks to @dbolivar ) [v13 onwards]

• some patches to cpufreq driver [v13 onwards]

• updated stock ramdisk to 14.3.A.0.757 firmware [v12 onwards]

• updated with 14.3.A.0.757 firmware kernel sources [v12 onwards]

• added MSM_Turbo driver (thanks to @faux123) - when only two cores are active this should push them to higher frequency [v12 onwards]

• brought back CPU OverClock upto 2.4 GHz ! - device will boot by default at 2.26 GHz [v12 onwards]

• added new tweaked CPU frequency governors: [v12 onwards]
    • LionHeart
    • SmartAssV2
    • LagFree

• disabled DoubleTap2Wake for now - was causing increased battery drain [v12 onwards]

• added and enabled LCD Color Control (thanks to @savoca for his work on Moto G) - ported to Xperia Z1 - use FauxClock or similar app to control this feature [v11 onwards]

• added and enabled Double Tap 2 Wake by default! (huge thanks to @MohammadAG for porting it first to the Xperia Z1) [v10 onwards]

• update all recoveries to latest! Philz Recovery 6.25.0 (thanks to @Phil3759 ) & CWM 6.0.4.7, TWRP 2.7.0.0 (thanks to @[NUT] ) [v10 onwards]

• added and enabled new CPU governor: Intelli-active! (thanks to @faux123) [v09 onwards]

• added and enabled Force Fast Charging (thanks to @faux123) - ported to Xperia Z1 - not sure if its working correctly yet! [v09 onwards]

• fixed TWRP mounting issues [v09 onwards]

• re-enabled NTFS R/W support [v09 onwards]

• updated stock ramdisk to 14.3.A.0.681 firmware [v08 onwards]

• updated with 14.3.A.0.681 firmware kernel sources (full KitKat support!) [v08 onwards]

• stock wifi/wlan modules are now working again! [v08 onwards]

• some features are disabled due to compatibility issues... working on fixing them... [v08 & v09 only]

• added Xperia Reboot app support exclusively for my kernel users! now you can use app to enter into any recovery from the OS! [v07 onwards]

• updated to latest recoveries (CWM & PhilZ Touch) [v07 onwards]

• shifted combined ramdisk to LZMA compression [v07 onwards]

• updated stock ramdisk to 14.2.A.1.136 firmware [v07 onwards]

• updated with 14.2.A.1.136 firmware kernel sources [v07 onwards]

• added Dynamic F-Sync v1.5 patched for msm8974 (thanks to @faux123) [v06 onwards]

• ARM cortex-a15 targetting MSM Krait CPU [v06 onwards]

• updated kernel level Sound Control driver to v3.2 - hopefully this should fix audio reset issues [v06 onwards]

• fixed TWRP recovery partition table - now TWRP will correctly recognize the patitions (thanks to @[NUT]) [v06 onwards]

• removed CPU-Boost driver from CAF - hopefully this should fix the CPU freqs misbehaving [v06 onwards]

• added CPU-Boost driver from CAF [v05 only]

• added new GPU governors: Simple & Conservative (thanks to @faux123 & @Entropy512 ) [v05 onwards]

• added new power management mode "PowerSuspend" [v05 onwards]

• ARM unaligned access enabled [v05 onwards]

• added LZ4 compression/decompression support [v05 onwards]

• added intellidemand (v5.0) CPU governor with optimizations for 8974 SOC (thanks to @faux123) [v05 onwards]

• added intelli-thermal kernel thermal driver with optimizations for 8974 SOC (thanks to @faux123) [v05 onwards]

• multi-recovery solution! {here is how to use it!} [v05 onwards]
    • added PhilZ touch recovery as a THIRD select-able recovery :D (thanks to @Phil3759) [v05 onwards]
    • updated to CWM 6.0.4.6 - official touch CWM recovery :) [v05 onwards]
    • updated to latest TWRP 2.6.3.0 [v05 onwards]

• sped up rebooting into recovery [v05 onwards]

• added fix for system remount in ramdisk! [v04 onwards]

• update stock ramdisk to 14.2.A.0.290 firmware [v04 onwards]

• updated kernel 14.2.A.0.290 firmware kernel sources [v04 onwards]

• added GPU O/C freq bin: 487.5 MHz [v03 onwards]

• update stock ramdisk to 14.1.G.1.534 firmware [v03 onwards]

• updated kernel 14.1.G.1.534 firmware kernel sources [v03 onwards]

• added kernel level sound control! (huge thanks to faux123!) {here is how to use it!} [v02 onwards]

• added per-core overall stats [v02 onwards]

• added compiler optimizations (thanks to franciscofranco) [v02 onwards]

• added MSM CPU Frequency Limiter [v02 onwards]

• added FIOPS I/O scheduler [v02 onwards]

• added SIO I/O scheduler [v02 onwards]

• added 533MHz GPU OVERCLOCK!, GPU will always boot at 450MHz (stock)! - implemented myself {here is how to use it!} [v02 onwards]

• added 2.3GHz CPU OVERCLOCK! - implemented myself [v02 onwards]

• added True CD-ROM emulation interface (thanks to FrozenCow) {here is how to use it!} [v02 onwards]

• added CPU Voltage Control interface (VDD) {here is how to use it} [v01 onwards]

• compiled using toolchain GCC 4.6 Linaro [v01 onwards]

• shift to XZ compression [v01 onwards]

• added dual recovery! standard CWM Recovery 6.0.3.7 + TWRP 2.6.3.0 {here is how to use it} [v01 onwards]
    TIP: if u are experiencing very slow backup in CWM do this

• added DooMKernel bootlogo [v01 onwards]

• startup script (init.d) support! {here is how to use it} [v01 onwards]

• ramdisk tweaks [v01 onwards]
    • adb server is persistent
    • usb debugging enabled

MANY MORE FEATURES TO COME!

Known issue with overclocking

[ credits for features ]

• FreeXperia Team (especially Jerpelea) - for too many things!
  • Faux123 - for voltage control, kernel level Sound Control GPL sources, lots of other patches, you rock dude!
  • FranciscoFranco - for Cortex-A15 optimizations, bunch of other things!
  • showp1984 - for his msm_mpdecision hotplug driver!
  • krabappel2548 - for CWM 6.0.3.7

THANK YOU GUYS FOR YOUR AWESOME WORK!

[ requirements ]

• Xperia ZU [C6802/06/33]
    • stock KitKat 4.4.4 FW
      • .108/.118 - v22
    • stock KitKat 4.4.2 FW
      • .757/.761 - v12, v13, v14, v15, v16, v17, v18, v19, v20
      • .681 - v08, v09, v10, v11
    • stock JellyBean 4.3 FW
      • 1.136 - v07
      • .290 - v04, v05, v06
    • stock JellyBean 4.2.2 FW
      • .534 - v03
      • .518/.526 - v01, v02
  • bootloader unlocked [ READ THE WARNING IN THAT THREAD BEFORE UNLOCKING BOOTLOADER ]
  • working fastboot
  • android app for overclocking/voltage control like SetCPU (paid) or NoFrills CPU Control (free) or Kernel Tuner (free)
  • android app for kernel level Sound Control - FauxSound Audio/Sound Control (paid)
  • android app for True CD-ROM Emulation control - DriveDroid (free)
  • android app for entering into multi-recovery solution - Xperia Reboot (paid)

[ how to install my kernel ] (via recovery) [RECOMMENDED]

1. download the kernel package
  2. save it to the sdcard
  3. reboot into recovery
  4. flash the kernel package using recovery
  5. reboot from recovery into system
  6. the device should now start booting
  7. enjoy the kernel ;)

[ how to install my kernel ] (via fastboot)

2. save it kernel to the folder containing fastboot binary
  3. flash the boot.img using fastboot:
    Code:
    fastboot flash boot boot.img
  4. reboot from fastboot
    Code:
    fastboot reboot
  5. the device should now start booting
  6. enjoy the kernel ;)

[ tips / recommendations ]

1. before u report any battery drain issues please read this:
    [GUIDE] HOW-TO Properly Evaluate Battery Life and Provide Useful Reports

2. faux123 has posted very nice info regarding most features

[ my kernel sources ]

Just a statement regarding kernel source: The Kernel Source is released for all at GITHUB repo given below. BUT Free software does NOT mean no work or time was spent working on it. A lot of my free time has gone into patching/testing this kernel/features integrated in this kernel. If you use my modified kernel source in parts or in its entirety, I kindly ask you mention its origins and to send me a github pull request or PM whenever you find bugs or think you can help improve my kernel hack further. This way the entire community will truly benefit from the spirit of open source.

Thank you !

https://github.com/DooMLoRD/android_kernel_sony_msm8974

[ donations ]

if u feel that this work has helped u OR u think that the work i put into making this is worthy of donations, then click on the following link for buying me some coffee/beer/etc ;)

PAYPAL DONATION LINK

OR

you can buy one of my awesome apps from Play Store!

[ downloads ]

KINDLY DO NOT MIRROR MY FILES

NEW

newer kernels wont boot on older stock ROM or ROMs based on older FW, you will get bootloops!

v22 (changelog)

[Xperia ZU] DooMKernel v22
[ MD5HASH: 788a7fc55bb542b54e834676e5fcc1a2 ]

OLD

v20 (changelog)

[Xperia ZU] DooMKernel v20 {MIRROR}
[ MD5HASH: 4525f7a870db5ee4fe6996dfde0d5c73 ]

v19 (changelog)

[Xperia ZU] DooMKernel v19 {MIRROR}
[ MD5HASH: 84ec0b939117d81eddff6c703de2de27 ]

FW 757: back to stock >> ZU-DooMLoRD_StockFirmwareFiles-FW_757

>>>>>>>> Download v18 for Xperia ZU: ZU-UNOFFICIAL-DooMKernel-v18.zip | Mirror (goo.im) | May-13-2014

>>>>>>>> Download v17 for Xperia ZU: ZU-UNOFFICIAL-DooMKernel-v17.zip | Mirror (goo.im) | May-09-2014

>>>>>>>> Download v16 for Xperia ZU: ZU-UNOFFICIAL-DooMKernel-v16.zip | Mirror (goo.im) | Apr-21-2014

>>>>>>>> Download v15 for Xperia ZU: ZU-UNOFFICIAL-DooMKernel-v15.zip | Mirror (goo.im) | Apr-18-2014

>>>>>>>> Download v14 for Xperia ZU: ZU-UNOFFICIAL-DooMKernel-v14.zip | Mirror (goo.im) | Apr-15-2014

>>>>>>>> Download v13 for Xperia ZU: ZU-UNOFFICIAL-DooMKernel-v13.zip | Mirror (goo.im) | Apr-15-2014

>>>>>>>> Download v11r2 for Xperia ZU: ZU-UNOFFICIAL-DooMKernel-v11r2.zip | Mirror (goo.im) | Apr-07-2014

>>>>>>>> Download v11 for Xperia ZU: ZU-UNOFFICIAL-DooMKernel-v11.zip | Mirror (goo.im) | Apr-02-2014

Please do as much testing as possible and report back if you are running into any issues!

READ THIS POST AND THE THREAD CAREFULLY BEFORE ASKING QUESTION!

icon8.gif

cheers!

regards,

DooMLoRD

XDA:DevDB Information
DooMKernel for Xperia Z Ultra, Kernel for the Sony Xperia Z Ultra

Contributors
dbolivar, DooMLoRD
Kernel Special Features: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2448613

Version Information
Current Stable Version: 20
Stable Release Date: 2014-06-05

Created 2014-05-29
Last Updated 2014-06-04

Last edited:

madsponge26

Jun 30, 2011
Pilipinas
Gonna test it..:D

Hotboot in other governors?

Screenshot_2014-04-04-04-23-52.png

Screenshot_2014-04-04-04-23-59.png

Sent from my C6833 using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

mias1

Jun 2, 2010
Just flashed successfully :)
On monxdified Rom

Though thought this kernel had double tap to wake but not working. Unless I have to do something to enable it?

Straight away noticed boot up time was 42 seconds, before it was about 53 seconds.

Sent from my C6833 using XDA Premium HD app

madsponge26

Jun 30, 2011
Pilipinas
Just flashed successfully :)
On monxdified Rom

Though thought this kernel had double tap to wake but not working. Unless I have to do something to enable it?

Straight away noticed boot up time was 42 seconds, before it was about 53 seconds.

Sent from my C6833 using XDA Premium HD app

Some features will not work as you mention. Try to check the battery drain in intellactive governor.

Sent from my C6833 using xda app-developers app

iBuzman

Mar 7, 2011
Melbourne
Sony Xperia XA2
I'd hope any development of dt2w functionality is in a new / additional version instead of the "stock" DoomKernel... I don't want to have to drop the only tweaked sony kernel available :)

Sent from my C6833 using Tapatalk

dbolivar

Nov 24, 2012
Sao Paulo, Brazil
DT2W

This is the same thing I said about the SlimKat kernel I ported, when people requested additional features: I won't do it, at least not for these ported kernels, because in this case they won't be "SlimKat Kernel" or "DooMKernel" anymore, but something else, and I want them to remain as close as possible to the originals, differing only on what is needed for them to work in the ZU. If in the future I develop my own kernel, then I'll gladly consider all your suggestions. :)

badboy3_mm

Aug 17, 2009
Leiria
Why do you didnt include cpu overclock on this kernel, the z1 one include gpu and cpu oc but that part ou your port isnt. Is it correct?

Enviado do meu C6833 através de Tapatalk

venorme

Sep 2, 2012
This is the same thing I said about the SlimKat kernel I ported, when people requested additional features: I won't do it, at least not for these ported kernels, because in this case they won't be "SlimKat Kernel" or "DooMKernel" anymore, but something else, and I want them to remain as close as possible to the originals, differing only on what is needed for them to work in the ZU. If in the future I develop my own kernel, then I'll gladly consider all your suggestions. :)

The thing is that original kernel you ported does support DTW.
I am sure I will enjoy kernel if it fixes power drain

dbolivar

Nov 24, 2012
Sao Paulo, Brazil
Why do you didnt include cpu overclock on this kernel, the z1 one include gpu and cpu oc but that part ou your port isnt. Is it correct?

As I said in the first post, I haven't added, removed or changed any features. AFAIK CPU and GPU OC were disabled in the Z1 kernel due to some incompatibilities, at least on v08 and v09, and I'm not sure if they are back in v11. I'll investigate, as the CPU and GPU are the same in the ZU and Z1, so it should work if it is already working in the Z1. Meanwhile you can check with someone who has a Z1 if these features work using v11.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

DooMKernel v22 released!

DooMKernel for Xperia Z Ultra !!!

[ intro ]

so friends i present to u the legendary DooMKernel!

thanks to all the testers who are testing this on their device!

DooMKernel for Sony Z Ultra Google Play Edition is released here: [KERNEL][ZU_GPe] DooMKernel

[ screenshot ]

attachment.php

[ disclaimer ]

BOOTLOADER-CAMERA ISSUE IS FIXED IN 4.3 UPDATE!

OVERCLOCKING CAN BE DANGEROUS! U RISK THE HARDWARE GETTING DAMAGED!
    PROCEED WITH CAUTION! U HAVE BEEN WARNED!

I AM NOT TO BE HELD RESPONSIBLE IF U DAMAGE UR PHONE / SPILL UR COFFEE / MISS UR ALARMS / ANY OTHER CALAMITY/MISHAP

DO NOT CROSS FLASH! THIS IS MENT ONLY FOR Xperia Z Ultra (C6802/06/33)

[ features ]

• updated kernel ramdisk to 14.4.A.0.133 (should work on .108 too) [v22 onwards]

• updated kernel sources to 14.4.A.0.133 (.108) included, kernel will now work on latest 4.4.4 ROM [v22 onwards]

• updated TWRP Recovery to v2.8.0.1 [v22 onwards]

• updated PhilZ Recovery to v6.58.4 [v22 onwards]

• updated intelli-plug to v3.8 with all latest patches [thanks to @faux123] [v22 onwards]

• added intelli-thermal v2 [thanks to @faux123] [v22 onwards]

• updated Sound Control to v3.6 with all latest patches [thanks to @faux123] [v22 onwards]

• updated intelli-active CPU governor [thanks to @faux123] [v22 onwards]

• added new patched intelli_plug driver - no need of custom WLAN modules now! (thanks to @faux123 ) [v20 onwards]

• reverted back to stock WLAN modules & firmware [v20 onwards]

• fixed issue: exFAT sdcard are now supported! [v20 onwards]

• now uses custom built wifi wlan modules! (thanks to @dbolivar ) for the tip! [v19 ONLY]
      THIS BREAKS exFAT compatibility for now! if you have exFAT based external SDCARD IT WILL NOT WORK WITH THIS KERNEL VERSION!

• added and enabled Intelli-KSM (kernel same page) (thanks to @faux123 ) [v19 onwards]

• enabled and updated intelli-plug to v2.6 - intelli-plug is an alternative to MPDecision hotplug governor! (thanks to @faux123 ) [v19 onwards]

• added some more PowerSuspend hooks (thanks to @Yank555.lu ) [v19 onwards]

• added Kernel NEON mode support and fixed VFPmodule bounce crash at bootup (thanks to @myfluxi ) [v19 onwards]

• added interface to control vibration intensity (thanks to @Kali- ) [v19 onwards]

• added two-way stereo call recording support! (thanks to @chdloc ) [v19 onwards]

• added and enabled NEW CPU Undervolting interface! (thanks to @faux123 ) [v19 onwards]

• added and enabled Simple GPU Algorithm with tweakable parameters! (thanks to @faux123 ) [v19 onwards]

• added and enabled proper RAM Console support - now users can get /proc/last_kmsg (thanks to @Kali- ) [v19 onwards]

• reverted and removed custom MP-Decision [v18 onwards]

• re-enabled Stock Qualcomm MSM MP-Decision driver [v18 onwards]

• added stock mpdecision binary to recovery package [v18 onwards]

• added custom MP-Decision (100% kernel based multi core decision) which replaces Qualcomm's mpdecision! - ported from Bricked kernel for Nexus 5 (thanks to @show-p1984 ) {here is how to use it} [v17 ONLY]
      you will have to manually rename /system/bin/mpdecision to /system/bin/mpdecision.bak and reboot once!

• shifted to GCC 4.9.1 Linaro toolchain with Cortex-A15 optimizations [v17 onwards]

• added msm_sleeper driver! this is basically a kernel level screen off frequency setting driver (thanks to @flar2 ) {here is how to activate it} [v16 onwards]

• added new I/O schedulers: [v16 onwards]
      • BFQ
      • ZEN
      • VR

• fixed GPU governor - simple_ondemand crash (thanks to @myfluxi ) [v16 onwards]

• added optimized memory read/write drivers [v16 onwards]

• intelli-thermal is now working again! [v15 onwards]

• added ZRAM driver [v15 onwards]

• added msm_cpufreq_limiter "Snake Charmer" - now the cores are properly capped! (thanks to @faux123 ) [v14 onwards]

• added smarter default voltage selection based on chip capabilities [v13 onwards]

• shifted to GCC 4.8.3 Linaro toolchain with Cortex-A15 optimizations (thanks to @dbolivar ) [v13 onwards]

• some patches to cpufreq driver [v13 onwards]

• updated stock ramdisk to 14.3.A.0.757 firmware [v12 onwards]

• updated with 14.3.A.0.757 firmware kernel sources [v12 onwards]

• added MSM_Turbo driver (thanks to @faux123) - when only two cores are active this should push them to higher frequency [v12 onwards]

• brought back CPU OverClock upto 2.4 GHz ! - device will boot by default at 2.26 GHz [v12 onwards]

• added new tweaked CPU frequency governors: [v12 onwards]
      • LionHeart
      • SmartAssV2
      • LagFree

• disabled DoubleTap2Wake for now - was causing increased battery drain [v12 onwards]

• added and enabled LCD Color Control (thanks to @savoca for his work on Moto G) - ported to Xperia Z1 - use FauxClock or similar app to control this feature [v11 onwards]

• added and enabled Double Tap 2 Wake by default! (huge thanks to @MohammadAG for porting it first to the Xperia Z1) [v10 onwards]

• update all recoveries to latest! Philz Recovery 6.25.0 (thanks to @Phil3759 ) & CWM 6.0.4.7, TWRP 2.7.0.0 (thanks to @[NUT] ) [v10 onwards]

• added and enabled new CPU governor: Intelli-active! (thanks to @faux123) [v09 onwards]

• added and enabled Force Fast Charging (thanks to @faux123) - ported to Xperia Z1 - not sure if its working correctly yet! [v09 onwards]

• fixed TWRP mounting issues [v09 onwards]

• re-enabled NTFS R/W support [v09 onwards]

• updated stock ramdisk to 14.3.A.0.681 firmware [v08 onwards]

• updated with 14.3.A.0.681 firmware kernel sources (full KitKat support!) [v08 onwards]

• stock wifi/wlan modules are now working again! [v08 onwards]

• some features are disabled due to compatibility issues... working on fixing them... [v08 & v09 only]

• added Xperia Reboot app support exclusively for my kernel users! now you can use app to enter into any recovery from the OS! [v07 onwards]

• updated to latest recoveries (CWM & PhilZ Touch) [v07 onwards]

• shifted combined ramdisk to LZMA compression [v07 onwards]

• updated stock ramdisk to 14.2.A.1.136 firmware [v07 onwards]

• updated with 14.2.A.1.136 firmware kernel sources [v07 onwards]

• added Dynamic F-Sync v1.5 patched for msm8974 (thanks to @faux123) [v06 onwards]

• ARM cortex-a15 targetting MSM Krait CPU [v06 onwards]

• updated kernel level Sound Control driver to v3.2 - hopefully this should fix audio reset issues [v06 onwards]

• fixed TWRP recovery partition table - now TWRP will correctly recognize the patitions (thanks to @[NUT]) [v06 onwards]

• removed CPU-Boost driver from CAF - hopefully this should fix the CPU freqs misbehaving [v06 onwards]

• added CPU-Boost driver from CAF [v05 only]

• added new GPU governors: Simple & Conservative (thanks to @faux123 & @Entropy512 ) [v05 onwards]

• added new power management mode "PowerSuspend" [v05 onwards]

• ARM unaligned access enabled [v05 onwards]

• added LZ4 compression/decompression support [v05 onwards]

• added intellidemand (v5.0) CPU governor with optimizations for 8974 SOC (thanks to @faux123) [v05 onwards]

• added intelli-thermal kernel thermal driver with optimizations for 8974 SOC (thanks to @faux123) [v05 onwards]

• multi-recovery solution! {here is how to use it!} [v05 onwards]
      • added PhilZ touch recovery as a THIRD select-able recovery :D (thanks to @Phil3759) [v05 onwards]
      • updated to CWM 6.0.4.6 - official touch CWM recovery :) [v05 onwards]
      • updated to latest TWRP 2.6.3.0 [v05 onwards]

• sped up rebooting into recovery [v05 onwards]

• added fix for system remount in ramdisk! [v04 onwards]

• update stock ramdisk to 14.2.A.0.290 firmware [v04 onwards]

• updated kernel 14.2.A.0.290 firmware kernel sources [v04 onwards]

• added GPU O/C freq bin: 487.5 MHz [v03 onwards]

• update stock ramdisk to 14.1.G.1.534 firmware [v03 onwards]

• updated kernel 14.1.G.1.534 firmware kernel sources [v03 onwards]

• added kernel level sound control! (huge thanks to faux123!) {here is how to use it!} [v02 onwards]

• added per-core overall stats [v02 onwards]

• added compiler optimizations (thanks to franciscofranco) [v02 onwards]

• added MSM CPU Frequency Limiter [v02 onwards]

• added FIOPS I/O scheduler [v02 onwards]

• added SIO I/O scheduler [v02 onwards]

• added 533MHz GPU OVERCLOCK!, GPU will always boot at 450MHz (stock)! - implemented myself {here is how to use it!} [v02 onwards]

• added 2.3GHz CPU OVERCLOCK! - implemented myself [v02 onwards]

• added True CD-ROM emulation interface (thanks to FrozenCow) {here is how to use it!} [v02 onwards]

• added CPU Voltage Control interface (VDD) {here is how to use it} [v01 onwards]

• compiled using toolchain GCC 4.6 Linaro [v01 onwards]

• shift to XZ compression [v01 onwards]

• added dual recovery! standard CWM Recovery 6.0.3.7 + TWRP 2.6.3.0 {here is how to use it} [v01 onwards]
      TIP: if u are experiencing very slow backup in CWM do this

• added DooMKernel bootlogo [v01 onwards]

• startup script (init.d) support! {here is how to use it} [v01 onwards]

• ramdisk tweaks [v01 onwards]
      • adb server is persistent
      • usb debugging enabled

MANY MORE FEATURES TO COME!

Known issue with overclocking

[ credits for features ]

• FreeXperia Team (especially Jerpelea) - for too many things!
    • Faux123 - for voltage control, kernel level Sound Control GPL sources, lots of other patches, you rock dude!
    • FranciscoFranco - for Cortex-A15 optimizations, bunch of other things!
    • showp1984 - for his msm_mpdecision hotplug driver!
    • krabappel2548 - for CWM 6.0.3.7

THANK YOU GUYS FOR YOUR AWESOME WORK!

[ requirements ]

• Xperia ZU [C6802/06/33]
      • stock KitKat 4.4.4 FW
        • .108/.118 - v22
      • stock KitKat 4.4.2 FW
        • .757/.761 - v12, v13, v14, v15, v16, v17, v18, v19, v20
        • .681 - v08, v09, v10, v11
      • stock JellyBean 4.3 FW
        • 1.136 - v07
        • .290 - v04, v05, v06
      • stock JellyBean 4.2.2 FW
        • .534 - v03
        • .518/.526 - v01, v02
    • bootloader unlocked [ READ THE WARNING IN THAT THREAD BEFORE UNLOCKING BOOTLOADER ]
    • working fastboot
    • android app for overclocking/voltage control like SetCPU (paid) or NoFrills CPU Control (free) or Kernel Tuner (free)
    • android app for kernel level Sound Control - FauxSound Audio/Sound Control (paid)
    • android app for True CD-ROM Emulation control - DriveDroid (free)
    • android app for entering into multi-recovery solution - Xperia Reboot (paid)

[ how to install my kernel ] (via recovery) [RECOMMENDED]

2. save it to the sdcard
    3. reboot into recovery
    4. flash the kernel package using recovery
    5. reboot from recovery into system
    6. the device should now start booting
    7. enjoy the kernel ;)

[ how to install my kernel ] (via fastboot)

2. save it kernel to the folder containing fastboot binary
    3. flash the boot.img using fastboot:
      Code:
      fastboot flash boot boot.img
    4. reboot from fastboot
      Code:
      fastboot reboot
    5. the device should now start booting
    6. enjoy the kernel ;)

[ tips / recommendations ]

1. before u report any battery drain issues please read this:
      [GUIDE] HOW-TO Properly Evaluate Battery Life and Provide Useful Reports

2. faux123 has posted very nice info regarding most features

[ my kernel sources ]

Just a statement regarding kernel source: The Kernel Source is released for all at GITHUB repo given below. BUT Free software does NOT mean no work or time was spent working on it. A lot of my free time has gone into patching/testing this kernel/features integrated in this kernel. If you use my modified kernel source in parts or in its entirety, I kindly ask you mention its origins and to send me a github pull request or PM whenever you find bugs or think you can help improve my kernel hack further. This way the entire community will truly benefit from the spirit of open source.

Thank you !

https://github.com/DooMLoRD/android_kernel_sony_msm8974

[ donations ]

if u feel that this work has helped u OR u think that the work i put into making this is worthy of donations, then click on the following link for buying me some coffee/beer/etc ;)

PAYPAL DONATION LINK

OR

you can buy one of my awesome apps from Play Store!

[ downloads ]

KINDLY DO NOT MIRROR MY FILES

NEW

newer kernels wont boot on older stock ROM or ROMs based on older FW, you will get bootloops!

v22 (changelog)

[Xperia ZU] DooMKernel v22
    [ MD5HASH: 788a7fc55bb542b54e834676e5fcc1a2 ]

OLD

v20 (changelog)

[Xperia ZU] DooMKernel v20 {MIRROR}
    [ MD5HASH: 4525f7a870db5ee4fe6996dfde0d5c73 ]

v19 (changelog)

[Xperia ZU] DooMKernel v19 {MIRROR}
    [ MD5HASH: 84ec0b939117d81eddff6c703de2de27 ]

FW 757: back to stock >> ZU-DooMLoRD_StockFirmwareFiles-FW_757

>>>>>>>> Download v18 for Xperia ZU: ZU-UNOFFICIAL-DooMKernel-v18.zip | Mirror (goo.im) | May-13-2014

>>>>>>>> Download v17 for Xperia ZU: ZU-UNOFFICIAL-DooMKernel-v17.zip | Mirror (goo.im) | May-09-2014

>>>>>>>> Download v16 for Xperia ZU: ZU-UNOFFICIAL-DooMKernel-v16.zip | Mirror (goo.im) | Apr-21-2014

>>>>>>>> Download v15 for Xperia ZU: ZU-UNOFFICIAL-DooMKernel-v15.zip | Mirror (goo.im) | Apr-18-2014

>>>>>>>> Download v14 for Xperia ZU: ZU-UNOFFICIAL-DooMKernel-v14.zip | Mirror (goo.im) | Apr-15-2014

>>>>>>>> Download v13 for Xperia ZU: ZU-UNOFFICIAL-DooMKernel-v13.zip | Mirror (goo.im) | Apr-15-2014

>>>>>>>> Download v11r2 for Xperia ZU: ZU-UNOFFICIAL-DooMKernel-v11r2.zip | Mirror (goo.im) | Apr-07-2014

>>>>>>>> Download v11 for Xperia ZU: ZU-UNOFFICIAL-DooMKernel-v11.zip | Mirror (goo.im) | Apr-02-2014

Please do as much testing as possible and report back if you are running into any issues!

READ THIS POST AND THE THREAD CAREFULLY BEFORE ASKING QUESTION!

icon8.gif

cheers!

regards,

DooMLoRD

XDA:DevDB Information
    DooMKernel for Xperia Z Ultra, Kernel for the Sony Xperia Z Ultra

Contributors
    dbolivar, DooMLoRD
    Kernel Special Features: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2448613

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 20
    Stable Release Date: 2014-06-05

Created 2014-05-29
    Last Updated 2014-06-04
    DooMKernel v20 released!

[ changelog ]

• added new patched intelli_plug driver - no need of custom WLAN modules now! (thanks to @faux123 )

• reverted back to stock WLAN modules & firmware

• fixed issue: exFAT sdcard are now supported!

download links at first post!

Please do consider donating if you like my work!

please keep sending in your feedback it helps me improve my kernel! constructive feedback is ALWAYS welcome!

[ IMP NOTE ]

PLEASE FLASH THE KERNEL PACKAGE THROUGH RECOVERY!

I am working on getting DoubleTap2Wake working on this device.. will keep you posted if it works :)

regards,

DooMLoRD
    DooMKernel v22 released!

hey guys I am back after a long break!

skipping v21 to be consistent with v22 of Z1!

[ changelog ]

• updated kernel ramdisk to 14.4.A.0.118 (should work on .108 too)

• updated kernel sources to 14.4.A.0.133 (.108) included, kernel will now work on latest 4.4.4 ROM

• updated TWRP Recovery to v2.8.0.1

• updated PhilZ Recovery to v6.58.4

• updated intelli-plug to v3.8 with all latest patches [thanks to @faux123]

• added intelli-thermal v2 [thanks to @faux123]

• updated Sound Control to v3.6 with all latest patches [thanks to @faux123]

• updated intelli-active CPU governor [thanks to @faux123]

please keep sending in your feedback it helps me improve my kernel! constructive feedback is ALWAYS welcome!

regards,

DooMLoRD
    DooMKernel v19 released!

Now that I have a ZU variant I will be taking over the release of kernels! huge thanks to @dbolivar to maintain this thread and all the help!

MEGA UPDATE

attachment.php

changelog

• now uses custom built wifi wlan modules! (thanks to @dbolivar ) for the tip!

• added and enabled Intelli-KSM (kernel same page) (thanks to @faux123 )

• enabled and updated intelli-plug to v2.6 - intelli-plug is an alternative to MPDecision hotplug governor! (thanks to @faux123 )

• added some more PowerSuspend hooks (thanks to @Yank555.lu )

• added Kernel NEON mode support and fixed VFPmodule bounce crash at bootup (thanks to @myfluxi )

• added interface to control vibration intensity (thanks to @Kali- )

• added two-way stereo call recording support! (thanks to @chdloc )

• added and enabled NEW CPU Undervolting interface! (thanks to @faux123 )

• added and enabled Simple GPU Algorithm with tweakable parameters! (thanks to @faux123 )

• added and enabled proper RAM Console support - now users can get /proc/last_kmsg (thanks to @Kali- )

[ IMP NOTE ]

1] starting from v19 onwards you will not be able to get back to stock kernel directly as the wifi related files get changed while flashing kernel!

2] I will release updated advanced stock kernel package to support easily going back to stock kernel!

3] THIS BREAKS exFAT compatibility for now! if you have exFAT based external SDCARD IT WILL NOT WORK WITH THIS KERNEL VERSION!
    I am working on fixing this but it will take some time!

4] Sony Z Ultra GPe is now officially supported! I will release kernel for that device later...

icon8.gif

regards,

DooMLoRD
    someone please post the kernel.sin for the latest FW..

.133 right?