keweon HOSTS file - for Mobile, Laptop, Computers and Servers

Search This thread

MrT69

May 9, 2006
Königsbrunn
www.keweon.de

Hi folks,

based on the keweonDNS filter lists I have created a HOSTS file. At the moment it has a huge size but I guess during the next weeks together we can size it down.
This file contains the most common things and I guess with your help it will be optimized. Facebook, Amazon and all the other things are working.

Support:
If you see something wrong or if you have additional things than use the almost know method for this. Put this things into a TXT file and post it to me:

For Whitelist an address send the TXT file to this address:
whiteli.g2o05glywjqt8zfy@u.box.com

For Blacklist an address send the TXT file to this address:
blackli.wovqusywx173aog9@u.box.com

keweonDNS:
A lot of mobile users prefer to use HOSTS file instead of using a different DNS Server. Since Google (also Apple) has removed the option to change the DNS Servers it's a real chaos to change the DNS Servers.

The HOSTS file is working but it's not as flexible as my DNS solution. I don't recommend to use DNS settings and the HOSTS file on the same device because it will overwrite my DNS settings. If I would extract the entire database to a "HOSTS" file this would have a size of 5.6 GB. Don't expect the same result with my DNS servers. But the basics are covered by my HOSTS files.

Limitations:
The "hosts keweon.zip" file has by default the address with 5.189.169.177 which is also allmost know as keweon termination address. If you like it and you have already download the keweon root certificate it stop all HTTPS errors caused by adblock. If you want to download it than go to http://pki.keweon.center and install it. Just visit the site and the download happens after 3 seconds. If you would like to use your own IP address or 127.0.0.1 than feel so free and use the "hosts 127-0-0-1.zip" file. By default it's the "127.0.0.1" IP Address. If you want to change it than do it.

Both files has the exact same content except the IP address. The keweon DNS Servers are 100times stronger than any HOSTS file. To offer the same security by a simple HOSTS file compared to my DNS server is not possible.

Terms of persmission:
Do whatever you want to do. I don't care if you share it, use it, modify it or even if you download and sell it to someone.

ROM Dev's Terms & Permissions::
If you want to use it than use it. If you want to build in the keweon Root Certificate, just do it. If you do this please inform within the ROM download that the keweon Root Certificate is build in into the ROM.

Help and Support::
If you can offer an share for the keweon HOSTS file than let me know this. Would be great if users can download the file by WGET. This will make the procedure for update very easy for them and for the DEV's.
If you have a full access to the server I'm able to grant you access to my home server wherer you can get this file as a daily base. WGET it daily over night. Cool thing ;)

If you have questions, recommendations or anything like this than let me know this.

Last edited:

MrT69

May 9, 2006
Königsbrunn
www.keweon.de
Here you will find the actual HOSTS file.
Both files have the exact same content except the IP Address.
Update happens at:

Date: 2018-05-14
Time: 20:36 (GMT+ 1 - Germany)
File size 127.0.0.1 (hosts.zip): 6.065.995 Bytes
File size keweon (hosts-keweon.zip): 6.783.003 Bytes

Enjoy this!

Attachments

• hosts.zip
    1.1 MB · Views: 852
  • hosts-keweon.zip
    1.1 MB · Views: 1,027
Last edited:

MrT69

May 9, 2006
Königsbrunn
www.keweon.de
I have had try to used this file on a Windows 10 Computer with SSD and 30GB RAM.
After 10 Minutes I decided to start the recovery console and deleted the file to have Internet access.
I try to reduce this file but this would become a hard game.

Now I know again why I have developed my DNS solution. ?

Why the hell Apple and Google have had removed the option to change the DNS? To prevent wrong configured devices is a bullsh*t!!! I'm so pi**ed about this.

MrT69

May 9, 2006
Königsbrunn
www.keweon.de
Kaspersky n zone alarm detected trojan.host32.gen. whats its mean ?

https://www.virustotal.com/#/file/6...4c66d41a32cb1a7d38f5e03bbdcd129e25e/detection

---------- Post added at 05:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:14 AM ----------

https://www.virustotal.com/#/file/6...4c66d41a32cb1a7d38f5e03bbdcd129e25e/detection

This files contains only TXT files. Both files manipulates Internet hosts and from this point of view this alert is absulut OK.
If a Virus or something else try to change your hosts files than the AV Tool should becomes active. That's the reason why you see it as "trojan.hosts32.gen".
That means translated that something is trying to manipulate your hosts file.

Last edited:
Reactions: D-dy

MrT69

May 9, 2006
Königsbrunn
www.keweon.de
After the report from @D-dy about VT alert I have double checked it.
The problem causes not the hosts file. The problem is the IP address. Good thing.
That would mean that they have NO URL's build-in into this AV-Tools.

If you change the 127.0.0.1 HOSTS file manually to the IP Address 5.189.169.177 than you will receive the same error. I have had checked this file with VT and I have received no alert. That means it's the IP Address.

And this IP Address (5.189.169.177) belongs to me. Only to me and it's not a shared IP Address.
This Server is responsible to terminates ANY unwanted data transmision from your hosts and to your hosts. This Server is also responsible that the keweon Adblock Certificate terminates any HTTPS error message caused by Adblock.

At the moment I'm within the Office and I can't test what happens if you change my IP Address with any other public IP address. But I guess it will cause the same result if you change the 127.0.0.1 to any other public IP Address.

From this point this allert is OK because my Server (5.189.169.177) is not listed as a trusted system or something like that within any AV Tool. I guess it's only a question of money and the need to certify my systems by Kaspersky & others.

If you don't trust this file or me than feel so free and don't use this file if you have a bad feeling. At the moment I can only promise to you that this is an absolute 100% safe and secure IP address.

Last edited:

D-dy

Sep 28, 2011
Kutaraja
After the report from @D-dy about VT alert I have double checked it.
The problem causes not the hosts file. The problem is the IP address. Good thing.
That would mean that they have NO URL's build-in into this AV-Tools.

If you change the 127.0.0.1 HOSTS file manually to the IP Address 5.189.169.177 than you will receive the same error. I have had checked this file with VT and I have received no alert. That means it's the IP Address.

And this IP Address (5.189.169.177) belongs to me. Only to me and it's not a shared IP Address.
This Server is responsible to terminates ANY unwanted data transmision from your hosts and to your hosts. This Server is also responsible that the keweon Adblock Certificate terminates any HTTPS error message caused by Adblock.

At the moment I'm within the Office and I can't test what happens if you change my IP Address with any other public IP address. But I guess it will cause the same result if you change the 127.0.0.1 to any other public IP Address.

From this point this allert is OK because my Server (5.189.169.177) is not listed as a trusted system or something like that within any AV Tool. I guess it's only a question of money and the need to certify my systems by Kaspersky & others.

If you don't trust this file or me than feel so free and don't use this file if you have a bad feeling. At the moment I can only promise to you that this is an absolute 100% safe and secure IP address.
Gud job, thx Sir :highfive: :good: :D
ashley, i already got this error report from other ads block host (https://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1916098), i has checked that moaAB on VT. Well., maybe on that thread is an answer but never checked.
So, i think why not trying ur host, then checked on VT too, weww same error :eek:
But now, its clear... that error not from host file.

Reactions: MrT69

MrT69

May 9, 2006
Königsbrunn
www.keweon.de
This host able to block inApp ads, maybe u have time to checked. Before, i was using ur's host but not blocking inapp ads.

---------- Post added at 09:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:25 AM ----------

Here the link
https://www.mediafire.com/download/fnp4xccj27yqdp1

I will double check it. In addition I have found a view other things which will not covered by the HOSTS file and I will create a extra Database for this.
It's hard to find the right balance for this. ;)

Thanks a lot!

MrT69

May 9, 2006
Königsbrunn
www.keweon.de
This host able to block inApp ads, maybe u have time to checked. Before, i was using ur's host but not blocking inapp ads.

---------- Post added at 09:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:25 AM ----------

Here the link
https://www.mediafire.com/download/fnp4xccj27yqdp1

I have build in your download. Seems to be a good source. ;)
In addition I have add also some German Ads Provider.

Give it a test and let me know if it's better now.

D-dy

Sep 28, 2011
Kutaraja
Still not blocked inapp ads, sorry sir. So I'm back to lp-host.
Btw, can u block inapp ads adsmob?

MrT69

May 9, 2006
Königsbrunn
www.keweon.de
What's the DNS provider hostname of KeweonDNS to be used for Private DNS Mode on Android Pie?

That's "DNS over TLS" what you want to setup. Because of the limitied traffic I have currently I can't enable this.

In addition it would need a lot of RAM and CPU on each of the DNS Server which is not payable for me.

I would - but I can't ;)

Reactions: Quantumizer

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Hi folks,

based on the keweonDNS filter lists I have created a HOSTS file. At the moment it has a huge size but I guess during the next weeks together we can size it down.
    This file contains the most common things and I guess with your help it will be optimized. Facebook, Amazon and all the other things are working.

Support:
    If you see something wrong or if you have additional things than use the almost know method for this. Put this things into a TXT file and post it to me:

For Whitelist an address send the TXT file to this address:
    whiteli.g2o05glywjqt8zfy@u.box.com

For Blacklist an address send the TXT file to this address:
    blackli.wovqusywx173aog9@u.box.com

keweonDNS:
    A lot of mobile users prefer to use HOSTS file instead of using a different DNS Server. Since Google (also Apple) has removed the option to change the DNS Servers it's a real chaos to change the DNS Servers.

The HOSTS file is working but it's not as flexible as my DNS solution. I don't recommend to use DNS settings and the HOSTS file on the same device because it will overwrite my DNS settings. If I would extract the entire database to a "HOSTS" file this would have a size of 5.6 GB. Don't expect the same result with my DNS servers. But the basics are covered by my HOSTS files.

Limitations:
    The "hosts keweon.zip" file has by default the address with 5.189.169.177 which is also allmost know as keweon termination address. If you like it and you have already download the keweon root certificate it stop all HTTPS errors caused by adblock. If you want to download it than go to http://pki.keweon.center and install it. Just visit the site and the download happens after 3 seconds. If you would like to use your own IP address or 127.0.0.1 than feel so free and use the "hosts 127-0-0-1.zip" file. By default it's the "127.0.0.1" IP Address. If you want to change it than do it.

Both files has the exact same content except the IP address. The keweon DNS Servers are 100times stronger than any HOSTS file. To offer the same security by a simple HOSTS file compared to my DNS server is not possible.

Terms of persmission:
    Do whatever you want to do. I don't care if you share it, use it, modify it or even if you download and sell it to someone.

ROM Dev's Terms & Permissions::
    If you want to use it than use it. If you want to build in the keweon Root Certificate, just do it. If you do this please inform within the ROM download that the keweon Root Certificate is build in into the ROM.

Help and Support::
    If you can offer an share for the keweon HOSTS file than let me know this. Would be great if users can download the file by WGET. This will make the procedure for update very easy for them and for the DEV's.
    If you have a full access to the server I'm able to grant you access to my home server wherer you can get this file as a daily base. WGET it daily over night. Cool thing ;)

If you have questions, recommendations or anything like this than let me know this.

Here you will find the actual HOSTS file.
    Both files have the exact same content except the IP Address.
    Update happens at:

Date: 2018-05-14
    Time: 20:36 (GMT+ 1 - Germany)
    File size 127.0.0.1 (hosts.zip): 6.065.995 Bytes
    File size keweon (hosts-keweon.zip): 6.783.003 Bytes

Enjoy this!
    It would be great to get a short feeback if it's working or not.
    Are you interested that I continue this Project?
    --- reserved 2 ---
    Optimized

During the night I have done an optimization.

Reduced by half of the size compared to the very first version.
    I guess this will do it!

Enjoy it! :good: