keweonDNS - now with improved Certificate (iOS, Mac & Android)

MrT69

May 9, 2006
Königsbrunn
www.keweon.de
Reactions: vatsal_chandan

MrT69

May 9, 2006
Königsbrunn
www.keweon.de
keweon Update - Info

This weekend I did the biggest update since round about 3 yrs. What was done?

- removed a lot of false things
- adjusted different domains (MSN, Yahoo, etc)
- unlocked some TOP Domains (12.032)
- unlocked some WIN Domains (3.221)
- unlocked some XYZ Domains (22.644)
- pretty up a lot of websites
- lot of security changes
- extend blacklists with more Virus, Ransomware and other threats crap
- and of cause new ads, track and data collection providers

This update was required for demonstration purpose for the German BSI and some companies. As soon as I know more I will also keep you informed as usual.

The update is in progress and should be online within the next hour.

Hope you enjoy this!

Last edited:

MrT69

May 9, 2006
Königsbrunn
www.keweon.de
I think it is from nav.jiobuzz.com ,
I've seen this with Myjio app.
Why don't you take a log with PDF without any hosts blocking.?
Can you check if this will stop Ads display within the App when you add this to the HOST file?
195.201.221.5 nav.jiobuzz.com
195.201.221.5 channel.jiobuzz.com
195.201.221.5 coturn1.jiobuzz.com
195.201.221.5 coturn2.jiobuzz.com
195.201.221.5 coturn3.jiobuzz.com
I can't open the App.

@J4jks
What is PDF? Can you send me the link for this??

Last edited:

J4jks

May 20, 2015
Hyderabad

MrT69

May 9, 2006
Königsbrunn
www.keweon.de
G

GuestD0535

Regarding Personal DNS Filter, it has recently been released on F-Droid :

DNSfilter (DNS request based Host Blocker over local VPN using a Blocklist) - https://f-droid.org/app/dnsfilter.android

Apologies to MrT69, not to hijack your thread, but this app replaced Blokada for me and I use the app to change my DNS to Keweon.

An advantage is that this logs connections and saves them to a file so perhaps we can figure out more bad stuff which might be suggested to add to Keweon.

MrT69

May 9, 2006
Königsbrunn
www.keweon.de

DNSfilter (DNS request based Host Blocker over local VPN using a Blocklist) - https://f-droid.org/app/dnsfilter.android

Apologies to MrT69, not to hijack your thread, but this app replaced Blokada for me and I use the app to change my DNS to Keweon.

An advantage is that this logs connections and saves them to a file so perhaps we can figure out more bad stuff which might be suggested to add to Keweon.
You don't need to apologize!
I know I'm doing it alone and I know it could be much more stronger with more tools and support. Everything what helps to fight against all the Ads is welcome.

If this will help to add more things - everything is welcome. If they have a better tool I also give my respect to it. That's my way. Together we can do it better.

Thanks a lot!

Blackeyedangel

May 16, 2016

Bit confused with all the servers, how did you setup this app for/with Keweon? Just the 176.9.62.58
176.9.62.62 ones?

Last edited:
G

GuestD0535

Bit confused with all the servers, how did you setup this app for/with Keweon?
Touch the box that shows DNS. Then input the DNS numbers and put a check mark in the "hole" that says something like "disable DNS discovery, use manual servers."

I use these with certificate:

Edit: you can input more than two servers, but I think it only falls back to those if first two can't connect. I keep an additional one in there for another DNS for the rare times Keweon isn't resolving or is blocking too much. I put a symbol in front of the one I want the app to ignore. Like $333.333.333 will be ignored by the app since it isn't formatted correctly. Just move the $ when you want to use that server.

Last edited:
Jan 21, 2019
A user told me that Google has excluded user Certs by default within Android OS.

https:// android-developers.googleblog .com/2016/07/changes-to-trusted-certificate.html (link removed due to spam protect)

Can someone explain this to me in detail????

https :// developer . android . com/training/articles/security-config (link removed due to spam protect)

As far as I understand this it's required to build the App. By default Android trust only the default CA. Now my Idea is to do a TempRoot and add my Certificate to the default store.
User-added root certificates are used for data mining, since they allow full control to read or modify any HTTPS connection on device.

Example from yesterday: https:// techcrunch . com/2019/01/29/facebook-project-atlas/ (link removed due to spam protect :(

MrT69

May 9, 2006
Königsbrunn
www.keweon.de
User-added root certificates are used for data mining, since they allow full control to read or modify any HTTPS connection on device.

Example from yesterday: https:// techcrunch . com/2019/01/29/facebook-project-atlas/ (link removed due to spam protect :(
A certificate can not do any data execution or even data mining. Also a Root Certificate can no spy out any data.

A certificate only give just a warranty for the way of data because HTTPS is a "End2End Encryption". From Browser to Server. For the Data transmission or for crypto mining you will need always an application or something like that which will do the job. A certificate can never do this. NEVER.

At the moment I prepare in detail what and how the keweon Certificate will work and why it is required or recommended to use it. I will also explain in detail what this Certificate will do and which impact it have and why it speed up your browser and even downloads.

I'm so sad about all the nonsense what people talking about the keweon Root Certificate.

Last edited:
Jan 21, 2019
A certificate can not do any data execution or even data mining. Also a Root Certificate can no spy out any data.

A certificate only give just a warranty for the way of data because HTTPS is a "End2End Encryption". From Browser to Server. For the Data transmission or for crypto mining you will need always an application or something like that which will do the job. A certificate can never do this. NEVER.

At the moment I prepare in detail what and how the keweon Certificate will work and why it is required or recommended to use it. I will also explain in detail what this Certificate will do and which impact it have and why it speed up your browser and even downloads.

I'm so sad about all the nonsense what people talking about the keweon Root Certificate.
Why did Facebook use it for its spy VPN then?

MrT69

May 9, 2006
Königsbrunn
www.keweon.de

Attachments

Reactions: Mackie Messer