keweonDNS - now with improved Certificate (iOS, Mac & Android)

ttocs99

Jan 26, 2011
middlesbrough
Within the Browser Adress bar you will get an redirect to boston.com/g00...
It incredible slows down the website.

If you want to know more just ask Google for "g00 adblock websites". As far as I remember a lot of big websites using this crap.

I have had tried to get in Contact with the founder of this via LinkedIn but he rejected my request.
Well I didn't get redirected so that means it working?

Reactions: MrT69

pleasetouchmenot

Nov 12, 2015
I'm from Philippines and i'm new to this DNS changing method for adblocking (currently using adhell 2 as my adblocker). Sorry for this dumb question but will it work on PH server? If so, What DNS and what certificate can i use? My phone is android (Samsung S7 Edge) stock not rooted. Any help for this dumb is much appreciated :)

MrT69

May 9, 2006
Königsbrunn
www.keweon.de
I'm from Philippines and i'm new to this DNS changing method for adblocking (currently using adhell 2 as my adblocker). Sorry for this dumb question but will it work on PH server? If so, What DNS and what certificate can i use? My phone is android (Samsung S7 Edge) stock not rooted. Any help for this dumb is much appreciated :)
Wherever you can use DNS - you can use it. I have the DNS set on my SOHO Router and my entire Network is free of ads.

Every device which is connected to the SOHO Router is also free of ads. If you have e.g. your XBOX or AppleTV or whatever connected via this router all the entire Apps are also free of Ads. That's the big advantage against every existing Adblocker.

If you have a non routed device than I recommend to use the certificate because this prevent HTTPS errors. Just open a browser on your device, go to:

pki.keweon.center

and after 3 seconds the certificate download will start. You only need to install it manually. This is a 3 click process. Type a Name (e.g. keweon) click ok, ok again and it's done. No more HTTPS errors because of adblocking.

And the Android Client from frostnerd (DNS Changer within the Playstore) is working even on a non rooted device.

If you want to see what's the different between using keweon with and without the certificate than just uninstall the certificate. Than you know why it is recommended.

If you want to know what DNS Server you should use than you should ask someone from your Country or try and do. I have no clue what I should recommend for you. Take the Server which is physically next to you and try it.

If you have additional questions than feel so free and ask. There are no dumb questions. ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: pleasetouchmenot

pleasetouchmenot

Nov 12, 2015
Wherever you can use DNS - you can use it. I have the DNS set on my SOHO Router and my entire Network is free of ads.

Every device which is connected to the SOHO Router is also free of ads. If you have e.g. your XBOX or AppleTV or whatever connected via this router all the entire Apps are also free of Ads. That's the big advantage against every existing Adblocker.

If you have a non routed device than I recommend to use the certificate because this prevent HTTPS errors. Just open a browser on your device, go to:

pki.keweon.center

and after 3 seconds the certificate download will start. You only need to install it manually. This is a 3 click process. Type a Name (e.g. keweon) click ok, ok again and it's done. No more HTTPS errors because of adblocking.

And the Android Client from frostnerd (DNS Changer within the Playstore) is working even on a non rooted device.

If you want to see what's the different between using keweon with and without the certificate than just uninstall the certificate. Than you know why it is recommended.

If you want to know what DNS Server you should use than you should ask someone from your Country or try and do. I have no clue what I should recommend for you. Take the Server which is physically next to you and try it.

If you have additional questions than feel so free and ask. There are no dumb questions. ;)
Thankyousomuch for your intructions. I recently activated the certificate that you gave me and it installed as a user certificate. Sad that i can't find the exact DNS from my exact area/location. Is any DNS can be use? As far as it's inside the country? Also, i don't have a SOHO router, only local modem from a local carrier company on my country. So it means, that the certificate is enough? Or i need the DNS changer app also? And can i get rid of my current adblocker now, and use your certificate independently? Or with DNS changer? :)

MrT69

May 9, 2006
Königsbrunn
www.keweon.de
Thankyousomuch for your intructions. I recently activated the certificate that you gave me and it installed as a user certificate. Sad that i can't find the exact DNS from my exact area/location. Is any DNS can be use? As far as it's inside the country? Also, i don't have a SOHO router, only local modem from a local carrier company on my country. So it means, that the certificate is enough? Or i need the DNS changer app also? And can i get rid of my current adblocker now, and use your certificate independently? Or with DNS changer? :)
You need to find by try and error the best DNS Server for yourself. Within Germany I have a damn slow connection to Singapore Server and for me this server is not useable. The guys from China told me that this Server has a damn cute speed.

Just take one Server use it and test it. If it's fast enough than keep it. The certificate does not make sense to use it without keweonDNS.

If you have set the DNS Server on your router than you don't need the app as long as you stay within your WIFI range. As long as you have connect to the DNS Server you don't need the App. If you use keweonDNS via your router and you have additional computers at home I would also recommend it to install the certificate on your computer. You will see that everything runs faster because you will have less HTTPS errors. If you don't know how to install the certificate than use either the MSI File or the registry file. Double click and the rest will be done automatically.

If you use keweon on your Router than the DNS Server will become faster because of caching technologie on your router. ;)
But you need to find the right one.

MrT69

May 9, 2006
Königsbrunn
www.keweon.de
And can i get rid of my current adblocker now, and use your certificate independently? Or with DNS changer? :)
The current system is some kind of limited. The problem is not the technologie, the problem is the money for me.

As an example is YouTube. With the current version you can get rid of almost all ads. A view things are currently not possible because that would become so damn expensive.

The big different between keweon and common adblocker is the technologie. All Adblocker will download the Ads, than check it within the browser and finally they fade it out.

keweon will even clean up the traffic. If it's an advertising (virus, tracker or whatever) the traffic will be 0 (ZERO) bytes.

At the moment it is OK when you keep your current Adblocker for fine tuning. But keweon will cause the traffic is reduced. If you have a rate limit on your mobile device keweon will protect your traffic. You only get what you see.

Within a big insurance company here in Germany with 18.000 employees I was able to track the traffic different. The average trafice reduction was at 230 MB per user and day. Now you can imagine why I want to license keweon for Business ;)

As long as you need it you can keep your Adblocker. But I guess it's not required to keep it. I have get a lot of feedback when I have compared it against different AdBlocker or even CISCO MERAKI. At the moment I know nothing which you can compare with keweon. Of cause, the DNS are not so fast and sometimes it even breaks down the internet performance. This sometimes hurts.

pleasetouchmenot

Nov 12, 2015
Interesting thing. Where did you get this IP Addresses from?
Both belongs not to one of my servers.

If you want to use keweon than take one of this servers:

KLICK HERE

Take one or two of them of your choice, enable v6 within the App, also copy the v6 Servers into the fields and than you are ready to go.
Wow that's a complete explanation. Thankyousomuch @MrT69. That's all i need to know on how this DNS based adblocker works. Now i recently changed my v4 and activated v6, and put the singapore DNS. As of now i don't see any major changes in terms of internet speed (my internet's still slow) but i'm one sure that i don't see any ads on any app that i've opened. That's why i chose to completely disable and remove my adblocker and use your full method. You're one of a kind sir :)
I have a last question though, can i change on your different DNS server anytime i want? And if everytime i change and choose a different DNS of yours, is a reboot necessarily for the DNS to take effect or this will work automatically without refreshing resources by restarting the phone?

bhaskarjy0ti

Jan 7, 2018
Is this correct setup?
Here's a sample screenshot. Am i doing it right? :laugh:
The DNS changer app is using local vpn to route the dns queries, because of which it will drain more battery. If you have magisk mind giving a try to this masigk module? It's lot easier to change dns and doesn't consume battery either. Plus the root certificate is also included here.

Last edited:

bhaskarjy0ti

Jan 7, 2018
The DNS changer app is using local vpn to route the dns queries, because of which it will drain more battery. If you have magisk mind giving a try to this masigk module? It's lot easier to change dns and doesn't consume battery either. Plus the root certificate is also included here.
This is the magisk module.

Attachments

MrT69

May 9, 2006
Königsbrunn
www.keweon.de
Wow that's a complete explanation. Thankyousomuch @MrT69. That's all i need to know on how this DNS based adblocker works. Now i recently changed my v4 and activated v6, and put the singapore DNS. As of now i don't see any major changes in terms of internet speed (my internet's still slow) but i'm one sure that i don't see any ads on any app that i've opened. That's why i chose to completely disable and remove my adblocker and use your full method. You're one of a kind sir :)
I have a last question though, can i change on your different DNS server anytime i want? And if everytime i change and choose a different DNS of yours, is a reboot necessarily for the DNS to take effect or this will work automatically without refreshing resources by restarting the phone?
Take a deeper look in the Android App and you can see that you can create shortcuts. You can setup 10 or 20 different Servers and by clicking on the shortcut this DNS Server will be activated immediately.

I have round about 20 shortcuts on my mobile device because I need somtimes switch between different test systems. That's the reason why I really love this app. As soon as you have switched you just need to close the Browser or the App and reopen it. The entire reboot is only recommeded because it's the fastest way to clean the cache and the safest solution to see if keweon works.

jyoti.id

Sep 7, 2015
Kolaghat
I was using for 1day & i didnt face anything that you can say ad, but one thing i noticed is that its making something wrong with the download, whenever the dns is active & im trying to download something (chrome/xda app), in chrome its downloading the file link(20-30kb, named with the link), not the file(5mb, named with the file name), & in xda its not starting the download. But whenever im turning it off, everything working fine. Tried to change the servers, but same. Anyone can confirm?

MrT69

May 9, 2006
Königsbrunn
www.keweon.de
I was using for 1day & i didnt face anything that you can say ad, but one thing i noticed is that its making something wrong with the download, whenever the dns is active & im trying to download something (chrome/xda app), in chrome its downloading the file link(20-30kb, named with the link), not the file(5mb, named with the file name), & in xda its not starting the download. But whenever im turning it off, everything working fine. Tried to change the servers, but same. Anyone can confirm?
Interesting thing because DNS at all has nothing to do with download & speed. Either it's working or it's not working.

Hmmm... Are you using also the keweon Certificate?