[Kexec][Preview]Multi Boot Menu

Search This thread
Today i booted Stock JB , CM-11 and CWM touch recovery

All went well except wifi not working in STOCK JB and SD card was not accessible.

Will try to fix it and release the bootmenu folder with details of HOW TO soon .

Thanks

Don't worry, here is an example of how bootmenu folder should look like to boot latest weekly CM11:

Have a look at differences in RAM disk and settings.ini, I hope this will help you more.

Last edited:

cutan

Jan 24, 2014
@percy_g2 can you share your Stock JB zImage and CM-11 zImage? initrd.gz and cmdline i can have by extracting boot.img but not sure it work.
It's awesome if you share your bootmenu folder include zImage, initrd.gz and cmdline for Stock JB and CM11 :highfive:

@percy_g2 can you share your Stock JB zImage and CM-11 zImage? initrd.gz and cmdline i can have by extracting boot.img but not sure it work.
It's awesome if you share your bootmenu folder include zImage, initrd.gz and cmdline for Stock JB and CM11 :highfive:
You have to edit initrd.gz too to boot your secondary ROM, not only KEXEC patched zImage. You can take that edited initrd.gz to boot CM 11 as secondary ROM from my previous post here.

Reactions: cutan

cutan

Jan 24, 2014
You have to edit initrd.gz too to boot your secondary ROM, not only KEXEC patched zImage. You can take that edited initrd.gz to boot CM 11 as secondary ROM from my previous post here.

http://xdaforums.com/xperia-u/general/guide-enable-multi-boot-feature-t2427295
As that instruction: We will be using ramdisk(initrd.gz) only from the dumped folder since the kernel(zImage) inside it is not kexec patched!!! and zImage file i must download from download section.

My kernel is not kexec patched, how can i edit it? Can i use your bootmenu (http://xdaforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=2582378&d=1392547908) for any CM11 base?

percy_g2

Oct 22, 2012
Bangalore
sites.google.com

patience , let me solve some issues and i will share the things with details

hami497

Aug 5, 2014
hey @percy_g2 can u add cm11 and stock ics for multiboot. thanks :)

---------- Post added at 04:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:32 PM ----------

+1
also share stock ICS bootmenu folder but take your time :)

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    First things First Its based On @munjeni work and We aren't responsible if something goes wrong with your device .

I have tested and its working :)

Little Modifications i have done so that we can use a kernel and enter menu boot menu like recovery ,currently i have made a kernel on cm-10.1 for preview .

Don't ask for ETA for stock ,cm-11 kernels etc

Here is great tutorial for it LINK

Advance users can configure the changes for multi roms by above tut or newbies wait for my clear instructions with more details.

cm-10.1 Kernel with Multi Boot menu :- boot.img - 7.10 MB
    Recovery Image with multi boot menu :- recovery.img - 5.41 MB
    Bootmenu Folder for CWM touch recovery 6.0.4.7 :- bootmenu.zip - 6.65 MB

Instructions for preview:-

cm-10.1 rom with bootmenu recovery
    1. Copy THis to bootmenu folder in root of sdcard :- bootmenu.zip - 6.65 MB
    2. Fastboot this kernel from here :- boot.img - 7.10 MB
    3. Press volume + button when LED's light up in buttom
    4. You can see bootmenu now

Only Bootmenu
    1.Copy this to bootmenu folder in root of sdcard :- bootmenu.zip - 6.65 MB
    2. fast boot this recovery image like boot image :- recovery.img - 5.41 MB
    3. You will boot up into bootmenu.

Please wait for a day for instructions for multi booting many firmwares :)

Credits:- munjeni ,joise87 and sony mobile's

XDA:DevDB Information
    Multi Boot menu For Nypon AKA Xperia P, a Tool/Utility for the Sony Xperia Sola

Contributors
    percy_g2

Version Information
    Current Beta Version: 1
    Beta Release Date: 2014-02-14

Created 2014-02-14
    Last Updated 2014-02-13

All went well except wifi not working in STOCK JB and SD card was not accessible.

Will try to fix it and release the bootmenu folder with details of HOW TO soon .

Thanks

patience , let me solve some issues and i will share the things with details

Thanks

Don't worry, here is an example of how bootmenu folder should look like to boot latest weekly CM11:

Have a look at differences in RAM disk and settings.ini, I hope this will help you more.