• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

KEXEC RELEASED!!!!! Kernels for one and for all incoming.

Search This thread

sevenup30

Jan 19, 2011
Montpellier
zeidof

Tell us about some features on this hack, like:

Will be possible use any radios, kernels, systems signs over any razr? How will it work in basics?

Thanks man!

I may be wrong, but yes and no.

Kexec is a bypass way, not unlock bootloader, it means we'll can load a custom kernel(that's the awesome part) over the basic kernel with our locked bootloader. But signature still the same, so we wont be able to flash radio or system wich have different signature from our device!

maarawoe

Feb 8, 2012
Prague
I may be wrong, but yes and no.

Kexec is a bypass way, not unlock bootloader, it means we'll can load a custom kernel(that's the awesome part) over the basic kernel with our locked bootloader. But signature still the same, so we wont be able to flash radio or system wich have different signature from our device!

In fact we don't need anything more than be able to flash alternative kernel....:)

Sent from my XT910 using xda premium

Shinare

May 18, 2008
If you will pardon the noob question/confusion, will this allow us to flash whatever version of android onto the device? What I mean is, independent of what I have on my phone right now, could someone, using the ICS leak, build a ROM and kernel, and using this bypass you could update your phone to an ICS ROM with an ICS kernel? Or are the two not even related?

:confused:

casaroli

Jan 6, 2012
Santa Rita do Sapucai
If you will pardon the noob question/confusion, will this allow us to flash whatever version of android onto the device? What I mean is, independent of what I have on my phone right now, could someone, using the ICS leak, build a ROM and kernel, and using this bypass you could update your phone to an ICS ROM with an ICS kernel? Or are the two not even related?

:confused:

No. We won't be able to flash another kernel. We will be able to boot your stock kernel, then use that kernel to boot again another kernel, that can be for example the ICS leak kernel you mentioned.

You can boot it, and have scripts to make it auto (re)boot on power up but you don't "flash" a new kernel.

PS: you don't need a new kernel to run ICS. You can run ICS on your stock kernel (AOKP, CM9, etc). But I think it would be nice to run a community brewed kernel, so we get 100% functionality from CM9 :)

Last edited:

xxBrun0xx

Jan 1, 2012
CT
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold2
True story

Don't hold your breath.

Yeah, seriously. Even if this was released tomorrow, I don't think it would be relevant for the average user for weeks, if not months. People have to have time to do things with it, which will take even more time. Plus, with all of the leaks cropping up, there's little motivation to complete this, since most people have been able to get some form of "official" ics, and have been pretty happy with it. Only those of us with Latam devices really need this tool now, and before too long, Moto will release official ICS for all of our devices, which will cut the demand for this further.

I hate to say it, but I think Kholk and his team have missed the boat on this one. If they released this tool 2 weeks ago, it would have made huge waves in the Razr community, but if they released it now, it would really only affect Latam owners, whose numbers are few.

According to Kholk, the team decided to push back the date of the release to make it compatible with CDMA Razrs as well. I think anyone would agree, this was a poor choice. CDMA people have a leak for their device already and being able to run the cdma leak by bypassing the bootloader would affect 0 people. Considering this decision most likely pushed back the release of this tool by weeks, if not months, I feel like it was more of a way to stall people more than anything else.

I really hope I am wrong about all of this and that Kholk and his boys release the tool in half an hour, but I really don't see this happening any time in the near future. This is not the first time it's been tried, and every time Kexec projects are scrapped due to driver issues. Prove me wrong, Kholk.

PS - I was asked in a pm by Kholk for money when asked if I could help speed things up on the project. If the tool is really as close to done as you guys think, why would the team need funds? If they released the tool, they would get donations galore. Again, prove me wrong, Kholk, and I'll gladly donate to you guys.

Reactions: romdroid.

dtrail1

Oct 7, 2011
Frankfurt
Yeah, seriously. Even if this was released tomorrow, I don't think it would be relevant for the average user for weeks, if not months. People have to have time to do things with it, which will take even more time. Plus, with all of the leaks cropping up, there's little motivation to complete this, since most people have been able to get some form of "official" ics, and have been pretty happy with it. Only those of us with Latam devices really need this tool now, and before too long, Moto will release official ICS for all of our devices, which will cut the demand for this further.

I hate to say it, but I think Kholk and his team have missed the boat on this one. If they released this tool 2 weeks ago, it would have made huge waves in the Razr community, but if they released it now, it would really only affect Latam owners, whose numbers are few.

According to Kholk, the team decided to push back the date of the release to make it compatible with CDMA Razrs as well. I think anyone would agree, this was a poor choice. CDMA people have a leak for their device already and being able to run the cdma leak by bypassing the bootloader would affect 0 people. Considering this decision most likely pushed back the release of this tool by weeks, if not months, I feel like it was more of a way to stall people more than anything else.

I really hope I am wrong about all of this and that Kholk and his boys release the tool in half an hour, but I really don't see this happening any time in the near future. This is not the first time it's been tried, and every time Kexec projects are scrapped due to driver issues. Prove me wrong, Kholk.

PS - I was asked in a pm by Kholk for money when asked if I could help speed things up on the project. If the tool is really as close to done as you guys think, why would the team need funds? If they released the tool, they would get donations galore. Again, prove me wrong, Kholk, and I'll gladly donate to you guys.

Well, I think this will make huge waves in the Razr-community anyway. Probably not immediately but a bit later on that point we will be able to use full features of any custom rom. And this will be much better than any official moto release, no matter when Kholk releases it :)

I'm in with donation, too!

Reactions: pedrotorresfilho

maarawoe

Feb 8, 2012
Prague
@xxBrun0xx
I don't think you are right... There are many more reasons for bypassing the bootloader that getting "some kind of ics". This all is not just about an ics but about that low level stuff... I personally would stay on GB if there is a really good kernel and I don't understand why everybody thinks that after installing an ics some magic will happend...
There is no need to hurry and no one "missed a boat" because our phones are not gonna to explode in 30 days so the demand for bypassing the bl will be here as long as we will have our razrs.

pedrotorresfilho

Jan 4, 2012
decantodepoetas.blogspot.com
Well, I think this will make huge waves in the Razr-community anyway. Probably not immediately but a bit later on that point we will be able to use full features of any custom rom. And this will be much better than any official moto release, no matter when Kholk releases it :)

Results will come almost immediately sice kernels are other kholks speciality.

He have it done acctually, but cannot release due locked bootloader rarzs.

kholks owns a dev. razr with unlocked bootloader ;)

Yep, let's pay him a cool beer

Sent from my XT910 using Tapatalk 2

sevenup30

Jan 19, 2011
Montpellier
@xxBrun0xx
I don't think you are right... There are many more reasons for bypassing the bootloader that getting "some kind of ics". This all is not just about an ics but about that low level stuff... I personally would stay on GB if there is a really good kernel and I don't understand why everybody thinks that after installing an ics some magic will happend...
There is no need to hurry and no one "missed a boat" because our phones are not gonna to explode in 30 days so the demand for bypassing the bl will be here as long as we will have our razrs.
everything's said. agreed!

pedrotorresfilho

Jan 4, 2012
decantodepoetas.blogspot.com

Moto will deliver gsm ICS by june (last tear drops) this year, and it will come with bugs (for sure), kholks kernels and eternity team works will do the trick for us a long way before moto dev team.

Cdma compatible hack are a necessary demand since ICS leaks 'till now be from verizon and China (both cdma), don't forget that.

This will not solve latam devices lacs in drivers by the way, but will make possible flash better working ICS 'till 'really official' releases arrive. And I don't beleave we're even near from a flawless working ICS from moto, this is indeed our best 'investment'

I wanna antecipate here, publically my thanks to eternity guys working on this

I used to make kholks questions, never did anymore. Let the man work!

Ciao!

Sent from my XT910 using Tapatalk 2

xxBrun0xx

Jan 1, 2012
CT
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold2

What features will be missing on roms built using the leaked ics kernal? Would I like a more efficient kernal? Absolutely. I just don't see it making huge waves with the majority of users for quite a while. Again, all I'm saying is, don't hold your breath, good things take time.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    THE GSM AND CDMA RAZR'S BOOTLOADERS HAVE BEEN BYPASSED BY KHOLK & [mbm]!
    See here for proof: http://img859.imageshack.us/img859/9231/imag0002b.jpg

Only one core is working, but it's still smooth as hell. Can't wait to see what devs do with it!
    Download, source, and screenshots are here!
    Guys I've read something on there...
    Just want to say some things!

My RAZR is fine and I'm still working on that: at the moment the only remaining problem is the dualcore.
    The kernel gets booted just fine and it is also fast like using both cores...while it can only use a single core out of the OMAP4430... for now.

We haven't still released kexec because, at the moment, the procedure isn't that user friendly other than there's still the dualcore problem.

A release should anyway be ...imminent.

Just wait some other time.. :)
    Guys, not only by me.

I'm actually not working alone but with [mbm], and he's an awesome developer.

Thanks anyway ;)
    Guys, sorry for the delay!
    We've decided to make it to be perfectly working and tested on CDMA RAZR and release it for both the XT910 (GSM) and XT912 (CDMA).

However, about the second core we've got a damn bad problem: since the OMAP4 in our device is working in Secure mode, making it to work will require some time and we'll probably release kexec prior fixing that problem.

In this week we will receive the CDMA RAZR, so, most probably, some days after receiving it we will be able to also release kexec.

I don't wanna give any sure ETA, but it should be released by the end of the week.
    KHOLK AND MBM ARE DOING WORK THAT NOBODY ELSE WANTED TO/CAN DO.

Asking if it's bullshit, calling him a fake, etc. etc. every two posts is not exactly something you should be spouting every two posts when someone is doing something as a favor to you. If you're skeptical then be skeptical, don't be like romdroid and post about it two times on every page. You're just annoying and you're probably giving kholk a headache. It's his choice to fill you in or to not fill you in. Wait patiently like everyone else. Be grateful that someone's stepping up to the plate. This is why most devs don't post on XDA anymore.