• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Question Keyboard locking up

Search This thread

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
What I don't understand is why they have it enabled? Am I the only that noticed the typing hang issue? You would think they would disable it when it is factory new or factory reset:unsure:
Welcome to the wonderful world of the box of rabid gerbils we call Samsung🤣
They get most of it right, sometimes.
At least they give you options. Samsung is the most customizable stock Android on the planet.
Take what you want and disregard the rest... you got options, lots of them.

Reactions: SirDigitalKnight

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
Yeah I'm so used to custom roms I have forgotten! But I am liking Samsungs One UI and since they seem to roll out updates fast maybe we'll see Android 12 by the beginning of next year 🤔

Plus 3 years updates not to shabby 👌
I'm still running Pie on my 10+
I locked down OTA over a year and a half ago.
If you have a fast, stable platform that's fulfilling its mission... let it be.
I have zero good reasons that merits updating.
Even Q would break some of my most used and valuable apps.
Security simply isn't an issue. My current OS load is over a year old, heavily used and still running fast and strong. That's stability.
An update would simply mean having to start from scratch all over again with little or no tangible benefits.

SirDigitalKnight

Jul 12, 2012
Jardin
Amazon Fire
LG G5
Well the keyboard issue has started back with it's freezing up again. Almost like it's on a night timer. Worked fine all day. 😔

The really strange thing is that in landscape mode it works perfectly! As soon as I rotate back it starts acting up. I'm at a complete loss. 😱

Last edited:

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
Check ram usage. See if any apks are using large or have increasing memory usage.
See what services are running, see what's apks are cached.
Try disabling services and/or cache apks that look like suspects.
Try disabling Google play Services, ha-ha.

Something is running or an automated setting is active it sounds like.
Fun isn't it? Android's wuv attention🤣

SirDigitalKnight

Jul 12, 2012
Jardin
Amazon Fire
LG G5
But what I don't understand is when I turn the phone on its side I can type just fine?

I downloaded Phone Check and Test v13.4 and ran the full Guided Test and everything checked out fine. Also downloaded Touchscreen Test and it worked fine.

Of course now that it is daytime I am not seeing the keyboard typing issue so I turned back on all the power saving features to see if I could force it to start acting up and of course it still is working perfectly. Will be interesting to see if tonight it does it again.... might have to try and fake the phone out to think it is night time, change time zone, go into dark room etc... and see if I can make the keyboard start hanging again.

Last edited:

SirDigitalKnight

Jul 12, 2012
Jardin
Amazon Fire
LG G5
Yeah, i have to July 28th to send it back.... But you know how that is... have to box it all up, pay to ship it back, its and real b.......each, there I said it , BEACH!!! :ROFLMAO:

I was really hoping it was an issue that others with the A52 have seen but it looks like it is just on mine. If it does do it again tonight I will be sending it back for sure. 😞

Reactions: blackhawk

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
Yeah, i have to July 28th to send it back.... But you know how that is... have to box it all up, pay to ship it back, its and real b.......each, there I said it , BEACH!!! :ROFLMAO:

I was really hoping it was an issue that others with the A52 have seen but it looks like it is just on mine. If it does do it again tonight I will be sending it back for sure. 😞

Sorry to hear that happened to you...

It's likely a firmware, display or mobo issue.
Cut your losses.
Take detailed images of phone from all angles.
Double box it and pack/seal it well. Insure it and use FedEx or UPS to ship it.

Reactions: SirDigitalKnight

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
Place I bought it from wants to see if a factory hardware reset will fix it:
I guess it is more advanced then the factory reset under setting?

Anyway I told them I would try it and see....... time will tell as night will fall upon Pennsylvania soon. 🌖🌛🪐🤦‍♂️
The solution of all inept techs tisk, risk.
Try it you need to wipe it anyway.

You should come to Texas, I was once like you.
We've been mask free for months.
It's not dark here until way after 8PM, longer days and warmer too. Got tired of all those short cold grey winter days then the brief humid summers.

SirDigitalKnight

Jul 12, 2012
Jardin
Amazon Fire
LG G5
The solution of all inept techs tisk, risk.
Try it you need to wipe it anyway.

You should come to Texas, I was once like you.
We've been mask free for months.
It's not dark here until way after 8PM, longer days and warmer too. Got tired of all those short cold grey winter days then the brief humid summers.
Texas is where I got the phone from! :eek:

I am only visiting my daughter up here in PA. Three weeks I head back to Jardin Colombia where it is around 75 degrees during the day all year round. I could not take the winters or summers here anymore. Been out of the US for 7 years now. Can't wait to get back home! 🌄🏞️🏡

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
Texas is where I got the phone from! :eek:

I am only visiting my daughter up here in PA. Three weeks I head back to Jardin Colombia where it is around 75 degrees during the day all year round. I could not take the winters or summers here anymore. Been out of the US for 7 years now. Can't wait to get back home! 🌄🏞️🏡
Cool. Good cigars down there?
That climate is great🤗

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
Well the ones I tried left me very paranoid for some strange reason? So I don't touch them anymore 🙃

So far the keyboard has not had the issue that it had the past two nights! Maybe that Hard reset did the trick! 🤞
That demon nicotine? Ha-ha my tolerance is so high to it. I smoke full bodied cigars trying to turn green🤣

Did you do any major firmware updates after you got it?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I meant like going from 10 to 11.
    I stop all updates a year and a half ago. Still running on Pie, no issues.
    How did you manage to get Pie on the a52? It just came out on the market?
    Mine came with 11 on it. Good news is that it looks like the hardware reset fixed the issue. Been almost 24 hours and have not had the typing issue. 🙃

What is everyone using for fast charging with this phone since it only comes with a 10 watt adapter?
    No, it came with 11 on it. Good news is that it looks like the hardware reset fixed the issue. Been almost 24 hours and have not had the typing issue. 🙃

What is everyone using for fast charging with this phone since it only comes with a 10 watt adapter?
    Yay... it was something in settings or a 3rd party app.

You can upgrade to a Samsung 20w brick for $20. They work well over a very wide voltage range, even at 60 VAC! One of the few devices that functioned normally during a recent line fault.
    So I got back from a dentist appointment and had left the A52 at home and I go to test the Samsung and Google keyboards and now they are working perfectly fine, smooth as butter, and I can't make it hang/freeze anymore?!?!?!

New to Samsung, coming from my PH-1 with custom ROM.
    Where would I check that ram usage?
    Yay!😎
    Power management can cause erratic device behavior, I never use it.
    Activate Developer options. Also you can see ram usage in Samsung Device Care.
    Thanks for you help! I just killed Adaptive battery. I found "Running services" , Im guessing it is what you mention? I do see a lot there: KLMS Agent, Video call effects, Samsung Pass, SmartThings, Bixby Voice, etc..... Samsung Keyboard and One Ui Home seem to be using the most memory.
    Holy cow thats a lot, I have very few running compared to yours! :eek:

Adaptive battery seems to have been slowing the phone down as everything now is much more snappy. (y)
    What I don't understand is why they have it enabled? Am I the only that noticed the typing hang issue? You would think they would disable it when it is factory new or factory reset:unsure:
    Welcome to the wonderful world of the box of rabid gerbils we call Samsung🤣
    They get most of it right, sometimes.
    At least they give you options. Samsung is the most customizable stock Android on the planet.
    Take what you want and disregard the rest... you got options, lots of them.