• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Keyboard not capitalizing.

Search This thread

Jill6358

May 1, 2017
I have absolutely noticed this and it's making me crazy!!! It's infuriating. It also doesn't capitalize when I specifically tell it to in the middle of a sentence, and I've noticed tons of issues with spacing as well. It's slowed my texting way down because I'm constantly correcting its stupid mistakes.

shoelessjoemac

Jun 9, 2017
These are issues for me, too and it's really quite ridiculous. Texting on my S4 was better than it is on the S8. Swipe typing seems to have gotten worse, as well.

ggrant3876

Jun 17, 2009
Wichita Falls, Texas
Mine does not have that issue, it always capitalizes the first letter of the sentence. Do you have the snapdragon version or the exynos version, that may be the difference. Mine is a snapdragon variant.

Samsunguseralways

Jun 15, 2017
I have the same problem only the very first sentence of a message. Its quite an annoyance. Hopefully someone comes up with a resolution soon. On a positive note.........I do love my s8+!

---------- Post added at 06:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:49 PM ----------

Additionally when given optional words to select it seems like it always ends up an odd word with digits. Also an annoyance. Any suggestions?

Reactions: Rob the plumber

raven201047

Nov 9, 2017
For Samsung galaxy s8's -
If you open your keyboard (as it to type a message) and click the little bottom to the left of your space bar - hold this button down...

When you hold it down it will display some options including a Cog (settings) icon - click this.

When this is opened it will give you options to customise your keyboard including auto-capitalizing letters

Reactions: RossTeagan

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I have absolutely noticed this and it's making me crazy!!! It's infuriating. It also doesn't capitalize when I specifically tell it to in the middle of a sentence, and I've noticed tons of issues with spacing as well. It's slowed my texting way down because I'm constantly correcting its stupid mistakes.
    I've noticed that the keyboard does not automatically capitalize the first word in a sentence. I have to delete that word, then it capitalizes the sentence like it should. Auto capitalization is checked.
    Anyone notice this?
    I have the same problem only the very first sentence of a message. Its quite an annoyance. Hopefully someone comes up with a resolution soon. On a positive note.........I do love my s8+!

---------- Post added at 06:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:49 PM ----------

Additionally when given optional words to select it seems like it always ends up an odd word with digits. Also an annoyance. Any suggestions?
    I've noticed that the keyboard does not automatically capitalize the first word in a sentence. I have to delete that word, then it capitalizes the sentence like it should. Auto capitalization is checked.
    Anyone notice this?
    Use GBoard...better in every way.
    For Samsung galaxy s8's -
    If you open your keyboard (as it to type a message) and click the little bottom to the left of your space bar - hold this button down...

When you hold it down it will display some options including a Cog (settings) icon - click this.

When this is opened it will give you options to customise your keyboard including auto-capitalizing letters