[KEYBOARD][THEME][5-ROW][2.0] - Google Android L Keyboard S5 THEMED by kevin_1351 -

Search This thread

kevin_1351

Feb 11, 2014
Switzerland
[KEYBOARD][THEME][5-ROW][2.0] - Google Android L Keyboard S5 THEMED by kevin_1351 -

pSTkUEq.png

Hi guys, I've been working really hard on an s5 Rom port lately. Doing so I came up with the idea to theme the new Android L Keyboard so that it fits better within the S5 System.
I hope that I'm allowed to share this on XDA. I've done the theme myself but of course the app belongs to Google.

I hope you like it.

My previous version had some problems due to a bug in APKTOOL. Now thanks to a lot of research and the kind help of @Shaftamle I've fixed those problems. Also, instead of using Shen Ye's Android L keyboard I used the latest build from the L preview.
I used some smali mods from Shen's app though to make my theme set by default.

CBHhOj4.jpg

right.png

DOWNLOAD LINK HERE! Don't forget about the thanks button :)

(2.0 version)

MD5: d520de7b8ba1beb428154b7928b2f5ca

Changelog:

V2.0.1 - COMING SOON -
  • Removed some extra symbols (that appear twice)
  • Added the full experience to the french azerty keyboard aswell

V2.0
  • FC issue fixed
  • Added number-row
  • Made it much sexier
  • Made the S5 theme deault

V1.0
  • Initial release, a lot of FCs caused by a bug in APKTOOL

Features:
  • Number row with a much slimmer implementation than other mods
  • S5 Material theme
  • Removed the annoying fullscreen mode
  • Much slimmer design (smaller gaps between the rows)
  • Easy installation due to included libs in the apk

Installation:
  1. Remove any existing Google Keyboard installations, if any
  2. Install the apk (must have allowed "unknown sources")
  3. Leave a thanks :)

As already stated, this also features a number row(as per user request), which I borrowed from other modders. The big change I made though, which took me a really long time to figure out, was to make the row much smaller, fontsize-wise. It's much prettier to look at and less bulky compared to the other mods now. If any other devs want to copy this addition, feel free to do so. Just don't forget to credit me :)

I also wanted to add secondary symbols to it, but decided not to do so because of the required amount of smali edits. It would require hours and hours of work to get it working...

I really hope that you'll appreciate this keyboard. I probably won't continue to work on it. I will however update it once Google releases the final version.

It works on all android devices supporting the normal L keyboard.
If you plan on using this in any ROM or use my edits, please ask for permission first. And please do also consider donating if you like this keyboard :), I've spent quite a long time on perfecting it.

Have fun!

Last edited:

HeThomsen

Oct 15, 2012
Bramming
OnePlus 8 Pro
Looking foreward to the V17 Is your new keyboard in the V17?
Does the keyboard learn from writing, like SwiftKey and such?

Kind regards
HeThomsen

Sendt fra min SM-N9005 med Tapatalk

kevin_1351

Feb 11, 2014
Switzerland
Can't get it to work. Got through like 50 FCs and still just FCs. Lol

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Free mobile app

If you really are taping on a text field and not just waiting for them to come, then I can't help you ;(.

Anyway, I am working on a fix. But somehow this apk behaves differently from all others I've ever themed...

My new theme will work with xposed instead. And will work 100%.

Graffiti Exploit

Jan 14, 2012
If you really are taping on a text field and not just waiting for them to come, then I can't help you ;(.

Anyway, I am working on a fix. But somehow this apk behaves differently from all others I've ever themed...

My new theme will work with xposed instead. And will work 100%.

Yup spent a long time just pressing text fields. :(
Hope it gets fixed because it looks really awesome!

kevin_1351

Feb 11, 2014
Switzerland

Sorry to hear that, it works for me and a lot of my friends. I can't answer why it doesn't for you. But well...
It will however work with xposed. And maybe even as a normal apk. There's a bug with the decompiler that causes this I think. I've asked other google keyb themers if they could help me fix it. There are some information being lost after I decompile the keyboard..

I hope they'll answer me. If they don't I'll program an xposed module.

I'm also theming some other apps aswell to feel more s5 like. And they all work at the first try lol. I think I will share them too. Although not to many have even responded on this one.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

pSTkUEq.png

Hi guys, I've been working really hard on an s5 Rom port lately. Doing so I came up with the idea to theme the new Android L Keyboard so that it fits better within the S5 System.
    I hope that I'm allowed to share this on XDA. I've done the theme myself but of course the app belongs to Google.

I hope you like it.

My previous version had some problems due to a bug in APKTOOL. Now thanks to a lot of research and the kind help of @Shaftamle I've fixed those problems. Also, instead of using Shen Ye's Android L keyboard I used the latest build from the L preview.
    I used some smali mods from Shen's app though to make my theme set by default.

CBHhOj4.jpg

right.png

DOWNLOAD LINK HERE! Don't forget about the thanks button :)

(2.0 version)

MD5: d520de7b8ba1beb428154b7928b2f5ca

Changelog:

V2.0.1 - COMING SOON -
    • Removed some extra symbols (that appear twice)
    • Added the full experience to the french azerty keyboard aswell

V2.0
    • FC issue fixed
    • Added number-row
    • Made it much sexier
    • Made the S5 theme deault

V1.0
    • Initial release, a lot of FCs caused by a bug in APKTOOL

Features:
    • Number row with a much slimmer implementation than other mods
    • S5 Material theme
    • Removed the annoying fullscreen mode
    • Much slimmer design (smaller gaps between the rows)
    • Easy installation due to included libs in the apk

Installation:
    1. Remove any existing Google Keyboard installations, if any
    2. Install the apk (must have allowed "unknown sources")
    3. Leave a thanks :)

As already stated, this also features a number row(as per user request), which I borrowed from other modders. The big change I made though, which took me a really long time to figure out, was to make the row much smaller, fontsize-wise. It's much prettier to look at and less bulky compared to the other mods now. If any other devs want to copy this addition, feel free to do so. Just don't forget to credit me :)

I also wanted to add secondary symbols to it, but decided not to do so because of the required amount of smali edits. It would require hours and hours of work to get it working...

I really hope that you'll appreciate this keyboard. I probably won't continue to work on it. I will however update it once Google releases the final version.

It works on all android devices supporting the normal L keyboard.
    If you plan on using this in any ROM or use my edits, please ask for permission first. And please do also consider donating if you like this keyboard :), I've spent quite a long time on perfecting it.

Have fun!
    Same :(

Pretty cool looking KB. Long time user of Swift key, but keen to try this now it has a numbers row ;)

Ok I've changed the filehosting site. Hope it works finally :)

Sorry to hear that, it works for me and a lot of my friends. I can't answer why it doesn't for you. But well...
    It will however work with xposed. And maybe even as a normal apk. There's a bug with the decompiler that causes this I think. I've asked other google keyb themers if they could help me fix it. There are some information being lost after I decompile the keyboard..

I hope they'll answer me. If they don't I'll program an xposed module.

I'm also theming some other apps aswell to feel more s5 like. And they all work at the first try lol. I think I will share them too. Although not to many have even responded on this one.
    Mine did that too and after I disabled it the phone reset and never booted up again until
    I flashed the firmware again.

I actually dont think it's even possible for that to happen. Anyway I'm getting help from a Google Keyboard pro now so maybe a fixed Version will Show up soon.
    Can't get it to work. Got through like 50 FCs and still just FCs. Lol

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Free mobile app